April 28, 2024, 04:51:48 AM

Author Topic: The USA comming outa their group!  (Read 13148 times)

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
The USA comming outa their group!
« on: May 21, 2006, 10:36:01 AM »
Call it good pooja or someting..they are the Detroit pistons of the World cup.... I doh like ther either but they play good as a team.
2nd round  for the states at the expense of Italy.

Big Up West Indies ....10 runs in 5 balls and they pull it off......

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
Re: The USA comming outa their group!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 10:46:56 AM »
if this happens all I have to say is

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeups

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:55:02 AM »

Yuh could Steups if yuh want but the more CONCACAF teams that make it to the 2nd Round is the more chances of our region keeping the 3 1/2 spots that allowed us to qualify.

If all 4 CONCACAF teams do well and one or two of us make it to the quarters, semis or even final then we will have a good argument for gaining a full 4th spot rather than having to go for a play-off with another region as T&T had to do against Bahrain!

We may look at the USA or Mexico or Costa Rica as regional rivals when we trying to qualify but once we all qualified we should want each other to do well except for when we play each other of course.

Think about it and you can even have a drink about it!  ;)  :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 10:57:33 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:55:03 AM »
logically you arguement is sound, but i still don't like them.

First of all the game is not soccer, who give them the right to rename the game.
The could have simply called it European Football. Here in the big ten the our team is decent but turnouts aren't that big, demostrating the lack of interest in the game.  Ah hear what you saying but I jus cannot support then, they have no passion for the game, bruce arena is a stuck up piece of gobar and said his mission is to beat the italians. And italy is my team after TNT ah don't jump ship during bad times  loyalty and respect is what I am about. And the US has no respect for us as opponents as well as the game.

I would support guatemala before i support the us cause despite everything they are truly passionate about the game, i jus can't say the same about the US
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 12:27:42 PM by trinindian »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 12:11:21 PM »

First of all the game is not soccer, who give them the right to rename the game.
The could have simply called it European Football. Here in the big ten the our team is decent but turnouts aren't that big, demostrating the lack of interest in the game.  Ah hear what you saying but I jus cannot support then, they have no passion for the game, bruce arena is a stuck up piece of gobarand said his mission is to beat the italians. And italy is my team after TNT ah don't jump ship during bad times  loyalty and respect is what I am about. And the US has no respect for us as opponents as well as the game.

I would support guatemala before i support the us cause despite everything they are truly passionate about the game, i jus can't say the same about the US

I never argued that you should like the USA! Just pointing out that if they do well and come out of their group that CONCACAF will have a stronger argument to keep our 3 & 1/2 spots than if they don't come out of their group especially seeing that they are our top team in CONCACAF right now alongside Mexico.

But I do understand and accept that you don't like them, neither do I but thats not the point I was making.

Its all good doh.

Take care
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 12:13:19 PM »

FYI is d english dat created the name soccer

Yea breds me eh like dem either but pro bring a valid point if they manage come out of their group it wont be the worst thing in the world.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 12:13:35 PM »

Yuh could Steups if yuh want but the more CONCACAF teams that make it to the 2nd Round is the more chances of our region keeping the 3 1/2 spots that allowed us to qualify.

If all 4 CONCACAF teams do well and one or two of us make it to the quarters, semis or even final then we will have a good argument for gaining a full 4th spot rather than having to go for a play-off with another region as T&T had to do against Bahrain!

We may look at the USA or Mexico or Costa Rica as regional rivals when we trying to qualify but once we all qualified we should want each other to do well except for when we play each other of course.

I agree with what yuh saying... I want the USA to do well even though i hate them becuase that means more prestige for CONCACAF and more prestige for CONCACAF means more prestige for Trinidad and Tobago...

we will get alot more respect when we qualify nexxt time around.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 12:36:52 PM »

I agree with what yuh saying... I want the USA to do well even though i hate them becuase that means more prestige for CONCACAF and more prestige for CONCACAF means more prestige for Trinidad and Tobago...

we will get alot more respect when we qualify nexxt time around.

FIFA likes it whenthe US is doing well.  I think the money factor of american success is very good for Blatter an' dem and I dislike the us as much as their harshest detractors.  However, CONCACAF does need to do well to justify our 3 1/2 spots, so, I backing we warriors, Costa Rica and begrudgingly..........Mexico.  They are at team that show no respect for us, too, when dry ready, and I doh support dem either......but I have to see them as the lesser of two evils.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 12:42:16 PM »
  What WE need to do from an administrative and cultural perspective is to ensure proper development of our youth (boys and girls) systems to ensure that we ARE perennial conquerers first, within CONCACAF and streamline that into success at the senior levels so that we are one of the teams that is ALWAYS occupying one the the spots from our region to as many world cups as are to come.

Peace!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 12:56:43 PM »

FIFA likes it whenthe US is doing well.  I think the money factor of american success is very good for Blatter an' dem and I dislike the us as much as their harshest detractors.  However, CONCACAF does need to do well to justify our 3 1/2 spots, so, I backing we warriors, Costa Rica and begrudgingly..........Mexico.  They are at team that show no respect for us, too, when dry ready, and I doh support dem either......but I have to see them as the lesser of two evils.

Well I have good friends in Monterray and they support TNT, even when we lost that first game my budfdy said we played well and at one point the mexicans were booing their own team, and most mexicans know about yorke.

But you all don't study me, is jus the one side american media who makes everything about america has jus turned me of against the US mens team.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 03:01:56 PM »

The could have simply called it European Football. Here in the big ten the our team is decent but turnouts aren't that big, demostrating the lack of interest in the game.  Ah hear what you saying but I jus cannot support then, they have no passion for the game, bruce arena is a stuck up piece of gobar and said his mission is to beat the italians. And italy is my team after TNT ah don't jump ship during bad times  loyalty and respect is what I am about. And the US has no respect for us as opponents as well as the game.

I understand it real hard to like the US, but it cool for Concacaf and MLS if they make a 2nd rounds. As far as concacaf concerned, the US media and fans doh disrespect us like the Latin Americans. Say what you like, but I used to have to watch all them T&T Mexico, Guatemala...etc games in spanish and is pure dis right through. Only when we beating them, we get some props. And to this day I seeing them still disrespecting us on GolTV about how Jack buy our place in the WC. I will always back the US over Mexico et al (I like Costa Rica though). Plus, Trinis making a living in MLS..until Mexican clubs give them some love, it more logical for me to want MLS to thrive, and a strong US team will help that.

The official name of football is Associated Football. The 'associated' part became abbreviated to make it easier to say...hence soccer. Soccer is just a nickname for Associated Football. Italy is actually the only country in the world that calls football something that has absolutely nothing to do with feet or a ball..Calcio...a made up word...much more made up than soccer.

Sadly, I think Americans have more passion for the game than Trinis..that is why people actually go to MLS games. That is why when the men's AND women's teams play, the stadia are ALWAYS full. That is why people actually pay their cable companies to get the MLS pay-per-view channels. Imagine Trinis paying to watch PFL games on cable? We have plenty talk, but none of the action to back it up. One setta socialites filling the stadium only when the team doing good...PFL struggling to get decent crowds. And we have some of the least vocal supporters on the planet...The sport landscape in the US is diverse and football is a small part of it... a large % of the US population  doh care about ball, but those who love the sport, put their money where their mouth is, and they not frighten to make some noise to back their teams. And in many states..college ball is a big big draw. College games are shown live on Fox. If their was no passion for the game, US would not play it

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 03:33:18 PM »
Fihlo,
 Ah hearing yuh about having to watch those games and hearing people decrying we. Anyhow I am not sure how yuh measure the degree of passion. I eh think the yankees have more passion because they attend MLS games and full the stadium.

If its anything you knwo that the scales of economy and disposable income makes it more challenging for the average Trini to attend games to the extent as inthe states. Not only that,  yuh doh think that if we had the infrastructure, sponsorhip, marketing and the quality of league as the MLS that we wouldnot have  equal to or comparable to passion for attending?

I just think that we could match the USA  if we get over some hurdles. After watching those clips from 1989, your wonder what has happend to the level of  football as we knew it? but you know what, those diappointments have now been laid to rest with this ressurection of our present day success. Tell meh ah living in FANTASY but ah think if we on our game, and we played like we palyed even when we had ten men, we could Buss the YANKEES ' ARSE!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 06:58:25 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »
I concede that you guys are right,

even knowing that I still can't help how ah feel .

AS they say

ah Wrong and Strong
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 03:49:23 PM by trinindian »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 07:17:11 PM »
I concede that you guys are right,

even knowing that I still can't help how ah feel .

AS they say

ah Wrong and Strong

;D ;D
play yuhself padnah

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »
I would like the other 3 concacaf teams to make it through their group, and hopefully usa will meet brazil in the last 16 then be murdered 6-0

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 08:00:07 PM »
Fihlo,
 Ah hearing yuh about having to watch those games and hearing people decrying we. Anyhow I am not sure how yuh measure the degree of passion. I eh think the yankees have more passion because they attend MLS games and full the stadium.

If its anything you knwo that the scales of economy and disposable income makes it more challenging for the average Trini to attend games to the extent as inthe states. Not only that,  yuh doh think that if we had the infrastructure, sponsorhip, marketing and the quality of league as the MLS that we wouldnot have  equal to or comparable to passion for attending?

I just think that we could match the USA  if we get over some hurdles. After watching those clips from 1989, your wonder what has happend to the level of  football as we knew it? but you know what, those diappointments have now been laid to rest with this ressurection of our present day success. Tell meh ah living in FANTASY but ah think if we on our game, and we played like we palyed even when we had ten men, we could Buss the YANKEES ' ARSE!!

Alberta..your points well taken. But you still speculating and dealing with 'ifs'. I eh really talking to whether we could beat the US or not. I just talking about passion for the game.  Disposable income is not the issue, or Brazilian football would lose half its fan base. Some of their fans living a level of poverty we eh see yet in T&T. But football is their passion. Many poorer countries than ours packing stadia week in week out to watch their domestic leagues..just tune into FoxSoccer and you will see. We have the resources to do whatever we want in football.... Doh hide behind the US resources and organization....establishing MLS is an uphill battle against media malaise, foreign ridicule and intense competition from more established sports. It has grown due to American soccer fans passion for the game, and the willingness of corporate sponsors (who have board members and upper level management who love the game) to sink millions into a venture that noone was sure would reap or profit, far less survive its infancy. In the end, you have to out your money where your mouth is.....Americans do..we don't. And is not like we doh ahve the money. We diagree, but I see that as different levels of passion. We have enough money..we just don't have enough fans at every level of society to take us to the next level...yet. And doh get me started on how little noise we make at games.....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 08:08:47 PM »
Ah hear you.
But if yuh judging the  passion of the fans at MLS games as  a criteria for distinguishing between TNT and USA then it stands to reason that if we do not possess the structure to attract fans, to organize for fans  or to  expose fans to the quality of games as the MLS then  how could we see evidence of this passion?

Now if you are saying that at the games in TNT the fans do not elicit the same  proportionate amount of passion as witnessed at a MLS game, then I could see your point.

However if you could go back to the 60's 70's and had the opportunity to be  in the heart of an intercol match or ah north south game, yuh would ah feel the passion!!!!!

Why do you think we  doh have the same degree of passion? have we lost it over the years? what do you think is happening with our  love for the game? don't you think when you read of the efforts that fans are making  on this forum to support TNT , that theer are those who have an abundance of passion? I am not sure if  fans' reactions at a game should be the sole criteria for judging passion.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 08:34:44 PM »
I think that USA and Trinidad is the same ting. both countries have fans with alot of passion but they represent a small percentage of the population. In neither country is football very big. Football is only now comming back up in Trinidad because we in the world cup, whats more important is the fallout. Hopefully this world cup will be the catalyst for change over the next generations. Also in terms of the MLS and our league isnt the size around the same, 12 & 10 teams. Trinidad with 1.3 million people and america with 300 million or somthing like that. So it will be very hard for us to ever match their attendence. Also their teams represent cities, so people will support there local team. Trinidads league isnt really so distinctive. I dont think u can meausure the passion of a country by its wealth or weekly attendance. But the world cup will probly give u a little indication as to who has the best fans ;) I tink Trinidads fans will show up brazil an dem  :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 09:27:43 PM »

However if you could go back to the 60's 70's and had the opportunity to be  in the heart of an intercol match or ah north south game, yuh would ah feel the passion!!!!!

Why do you think we  doh have the same degree of passion? have we lost it over the years? what do you think is happening with our  love for the game? don't you think when you read of the efforts that fans are making  on this forum to support TNT , that theer are those who have an abundance of passion? I am not sure if  fans' reactions at a game should be the sole criteria for judging passion.

60s and 70s intercol? i played intercol myself, but lewwe stick to the present nah.
i never doubted the passion of forumites and warrior nation members. You not really counteracting my points with any of those questions. Did I say that T&T was devoid of passionate supporters? No. Also, I gave a number of criteria for why i think there are different levels of passion for the game in the US compared to T&T, so your last statement is a bit confusing. But to answer it anyway, yes, attendance and vocal support can definitely be measures of passion. But as you correctly stated, there is more to it than that. It really is a difficult thing to measure, so I will stop trying to compare.  I just find that for a country that is supposedly not a footbal country, the US leading us, who think we are a football nation, every step of the way. And we are fooling ourselves if we think it is just a matter of money, organization or size of population, even if we cannot completely discount those aspects of the game's development in both countries. I am a Trini, I suport the warriors above all others, so doh get me wrong. I want us to grow stronger and stronger and become  a real football supporting nation...I just doh see it yet

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 09:58:13 PM »
I do not think the us have more passion than us, football is arguably the most popular sport in our country with only cricket challenging it, however we trinidadians have always had a problem supporting our own in all fields, music and sports especially... however, the main reason the pro league is not as supported as the mls is  the fact that not many ppl can connect to teams in the pro league... a intercol game draws a bigger crowd dan most pro league games, ever wonder why?
also the markting for the mls is much better than the pro league so more ppl in d states know about mls games, and d nex ting is dat the majority of ppl in d stadium for d mls games is a set of immigrants who come form countries where football is dey favourite sport, ah lie???

CONCACAF OR NOT I BELIEVE IT WILL BE A TRAGEDY TO SEE ITALY OR THE CZECH REPUBLIC GO OUT OF D WORLD CUP AT THE EXPENSE OF D US!!!

I rather see Costa Rica and Mexico and We ( of course) make runs in d world cup ( especially us and costa rica ) dan the US, they do not deserve to be in the top 10 of the world and their attitude to the sport is atrocious in the most part... on an american site dey fightin down men for posting a champion's league final thread as football ( the thought it was nfl  ::) )and saying soccer is fuh bullas and shit...

i don't think if dey fail to make it out of a group such as that (italy Czech and Ghana) fifa could really say dat concacaf not worthy of a 4th sport, especially if the other concacaf teams put on a good show..

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 10:03:54 PM »

Move to Guatamala den.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2006, 10:08:38 PM »

Move to Guatamala den.

That is a plan nuff latinas  :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 10:25:54 PM by trinindian »

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 10:12:48 PM »

Move to Guatamala den.

That is a plan nuff latino's  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh is ah woman ah hope.  Latinos?

Anyway according tuh Bush and dem republicans it have plenty latinos in de usa...dem say 10% of mexico's pop in de usa illegally..and 1 in 7 ah de working force wukking here illegally

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2006, 10:17:57 PM »

Move to Guatamala den.

Anyway according tuh Bush and dem republicans it have plenty latinos in de usa...dem say 10% of mexico's pop in de usa illegally..and 1 in 7 ah de working force wukking here illegally

I guess i plead ingnorance where it comes to the spanish language, so is bess i meet this 10 % and they educate me

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2006, 10:24:22 PM »

Move to Guatamala den.

I guess i plead ingnorance where it comes to the spanish language, so is bess i meet this 10 % and they educate me

latinos is men..latinas..is woman..yuh want nuff latinos?

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2006, 10:27:59 PM »
gracias senor i have corrected my Initial post.

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2006, 10:37:17 PM »
gracias senor i have corrected my Initial post.

de nada

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 01:07:36 AM »

usa thu at the cost of Italy?

have you had some kind of new hallucinating drug or something?

im from holland,we have a lot here ,but no drugs are that heavy that you can believe that.

wake up man

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 08:38:18 AM »

usa thu at the cost of Italy?

have you had some kind of new hallucinating drug or something?

im from holland,we have a lot here ,but no drugs are that heavy that you can believe that.

wake up man

Last World Cup they disposed of Portugal, crushed Mexico and should have won against Germany in teh quarters.

Dispel any team at your own peril.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 08:43:38 AM »
I say that USA is coming out of this group but who goin with them is beyond me because Italy looking really good but yuh can't neglect the Czech Republic at all.  I doh really feel that Ghana have a chance in this group.

1]; } ?>