April 28, 2024, 07:58:12 AM

Author Topic: The USA comming outa their group!  (Read 13150 times)

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: usa vs morrocco
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2006, 08:32:50 PM »
U.S.A eh winning one f*$% in d W'CUP,,,,,da whole team cud kiss my warrior A$$

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2006, 08:47:40 PM »
and we beat vienna by 1 and tied a non-wc team in peru at home. What does it mean? little. its a warmup. In fact thats one of three warmups in the states that the U.S. has planned. Arena is checkins things out. id jump on their back if the next warmup game they still look likt shite.

Tell them first lieutenant of the RCC  ;)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 09:09:41 PM »
and we beat vienna by 1 and tied a non-wc team in peru at home. What does it mean? little. its a warmup. In fact thats one of three warmups in the states that the U.S. has planned. Arena is checkins things out. id jump on their back if the next warmup game they still look likt shite.

Yeah but, the fact that we haven't lost any of our friendlies and the fact that they have yet to win one...errrm....GO USA!!  ::)

They don't have any excuses this time, they played with an A squad.

And International friendlies are NOT meaningless because they are often used to assess a team's capabilities before the World Cup. That's why when teams perform well they have a more positive outlook with regards to the upcoming competition.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2006, 09:33:40 PM »
i rel glad morocco cut dey arse...arrogant bastards... and morocco is rel one of my fav african teams 2, i rel would rather dem in WC dan tunisia....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2006, 09:38:21 PM »

Yeah but, the fact that we haven't lost any of our friendlies and the fact that they have yet to win one...errrm....GO USA!!  ::)

And International friendlies are NOT meaningless because they are often used to assess a team's capabilities before the World Cup. That's why when teams perform well they have a more positive outlook with regards to the upcoming competition.

Check your information sistah...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/team/overview.html?team=usa
the US beat Poland in march.
If you go futher back, they also beat Japan and Norway

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060310/1/69lj.html

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2006, 09:52:11 PM »
I thought the US was going to win that game. Considering the fact that they are a World Cup team and they've played several games this year you would have thought that the chemistry would have been an advantage. The Morrocans matched them everywhere on the field. Even when they had to defend they looked comfortable. Morroco's tactical discipline was impressive. They never lost their shape and made America pay for their mistake.

I don't really think the result matters in games like that. The game was a very tactical one where the Americans were just testing their players before the start of the World Cup.

I heard Donavon saying that Eddie Johnson can lead the World Cup in scoring. I had to laugh at the man. As though he is Bobby Charlton or Eusebio or something. It seems that playing in 1 World Cup and the MLS make you an expert in football now.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2006, 09:58:58 PM »

I'm talking about recently obviously.  ::)

4-1 Germany

1-1 Jamaica

1-0 Morrocco
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2006, 10:05:23 PM »

I saw all of those games. They were played for the purists. Friendlies are hardly ever great spectacles but, my word, those were horrible games !  The Poland and Norway games were against basically their B teams. In the Norway game particularly several players made their debut. In the Japan game I think both teams left out their European based players. The Poles dominated that game but US got a goal and then the snow came down.....very forgetable game.

I didn't see the one with Germany but that draw with a Jamaican B team was ridiculous. It wasn't even as if the score was misleading, JA worked for that result.

That team is one one of the better prepared teams at the World Cup. I still want them to finish with 1 point though.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 03:18:46 AM »

Updated: May 24, 2006, 2:27 AM ET
United States 0-1 Morocco: Late goal sinks USAReuters

NASHVILLE, Tennessee, May 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. opened the first of three World Cup tune-up matches in six days with little to show on Tuesday as a 90th-minute strike by Mohamed Madihi gave Morocco a 1-0 victory.
AndyLyons/GettyImages
Clint Dempsey goes around the outside of Nabil Mesloub

The U.S. enjoyed the majority of chances after a lacklustre first-half, and a hamstring injury to captain Claudio Reyna will have done little to temper coach Bruce Arena's mood.

The eventual winner came via a counter as Bouchaib El Moubarki put Madihi through on the left, catching the U.S. defence out of position as he ran unchallenged into the area before beating Kasey Keller with a clinical finish.

The U.S. nearly grabbed a stoppage-time equaliser but a blistering free kick from Bobby Convey went inches wide of the right post.

Minus a player or two, U.S. coach Bruce Arena fielded what is projected to be his first team for the World Cup with Keller, defenders Steve Cherundolo, Eddie Pope, Oguchi Onyewu and Cory Gibbs, along with midfielders DaMarcus Beasley, Reyna, John O'Brien and Landon Donovan with forwards Brian McBride and Josh Wolff.

Leeds United midfielder Eddie Lewis, who was rested for the game, is expected to start when the U.S. opens against the Czech Republic on June 12 in Gelsenkirchen.

Reyna's status will be closely followed in the next few days as the captain limped off the field in the 15th minute with what was diagnosed as a strained right hamstring.

ERRANT PASS

The Manchester City midfielder suffered the injury in the 11th minute when he extended his leg to control an errant pass.

The U.S. didn't produce a shot on goal until the 52nd minute when Convey, who came on to start the second half, tested goalkeeper Tarek El Jarmouni with a blast from outside the box.

A minute later, the U.S. survived a scare when Talal El Karkouri saw his header off a Zakaria Aboub free kick go over the bar with Keller clearly beaten.

Eddie Johnson nearly got the U.S. a deserved goal when he was unchallenged on a firm header from a Convey corner, only to send the ball over the bar.

El Jarmouni proved up to the task late in the half when he made a superb stop from Donovan's long-range effort eight minutes from time.

Keller also proved his worth as he extended well to his right to stop Nabil Mesloub's attempt that looked on its way just inside the left post.

The U.S. play Venezuela on Friday in Cleveland, Ohio and face Latvia on Sunday in East Hartford, Connecticut. They depart for Germany on June 1 and will be based in Hamburg. 
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=196001&cc=5901

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 04:16:22 AM »

I'm talking about recently obviously.  ::)

4-1 Germany

1-1 Jamaica

1-0 Morrocco

hoss, if you were talkiking about recently you should have said something like that, or ther last three friendlies or whatever. If you want to count our friendly against Iceland back in march you should count theirs against Poland back in march.  if you want to compare our 3-2 win over an Austria club side B team (with our WC squad) and a 1-1 home draw against a Peru B/C team you shouldn't be adverse to a draw with a Jamaica B team on their part.

BTW, how would you have reacted if (knock on wood) our captain had gone out injured after 17 minutes and our team lost shape against Peru. Just Wondering

I hold no brief for the US, but don't make it sound so dramatic. seeing the number of friendlies we've played and the size of our player pool in relation to theirs, making a comparison is highly illusory. The US has given caribbean people as a whole a lot of reasons to hate them. Doesn't mean we actually have to take them on.

As BM say....(I'll let someeone else finish the sentence)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 04:33:17 AM by Midknight »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006, 05:42:30 AM »
well done morroco.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The USA comming outa their group!
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2006, 08:42:18 AM »
I was at the game in nashville yesterday, and quite frankly the USA was sh*t. The Morroccan was strolling around the field. The defnse was playing with the ball in their 18yds box like nothing and when they (Morrocco) did turn up the pace the U.S could not match strides with them. The U.S was organised for the first half but came out in the second I believe thinking they would win it easily.

They spread the field, moving from a tight 4 at the back to a more spread 3 with the marker playing high in front the sweeper. However Morrocco stayed the same playin through the middle of the field, which was smart cause now they had more room to play.

Keller was horrible, first real test he get he gave up a corner because he was out of position and slow to react. The same happen on the goal, the striker blew past the defender and played the ball accross the goal to the oncoming midfielder who blast the bal past Keller. again Keller was caught sleeping and had no chance. If he had stayed with the ball it would have been an easy save. His problem was his first step he could not get his feet going fast enough.

All in all it was a dull game nothing happened. The dunce U.S played straight into the Morroccans hand.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2006, 09:20:30 AM »
   I hope the Czeck's beat the USA 5-1 again, and I hope Italy mash them up!! The European teams to win the world cup are Italy and Holland.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2006, 09:38:58 AM »
I want to see all the USA haters when FIFA explains in 2008/2009 that CONCACAF going to have only 3 (or even 2 and a half depending on how Costa Rica functions) spots...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2006, 10:00:04 AM »
I want to see all the USA haters when FIFA explains in 2008/2009 that CONCACAF going to have only 3 (or even 2 and a half depending on how Costa Rica functions) spots...

So because they're the U.S.A and they're in CONCACAF we're bound to like them? Errrm...I think not.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2006, 10:17:16 AM »

de point is dat de current US national team is arguably the  best in CONCACAF and ranked 4th or 5th in the world.....whose to say in 2008/2009 that T&T, Jamaica, Haiti, Canada or even Honduras will be ranked in the top 10...The US was once the dominant country in mens basketball and now they are finding it difficult to even win a medal in any major international championship....In my opinion, the other countries in CONCACAF will catch up to the US and this will aid in increasing competition in the region....That being said, FIFA will have no basis for removing any spots.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2006, 10:54:11 AM »

So because they're the U.S.A and they're in CONCACAF we're bound to like them? Errrm...I think not.

Don't but words in my mouth sistren. I just want to inform some of those who're not aware how the place allocation system works (besides the under the table deals)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2006, 11:13:48 AM »
The US was once the dominant country in mens basketball and now they are finding it difficult to even win a medal in any major international championship

How long did this fall take?  ::)

Other than to say that the rankings are relatively irrelevant (notice i did't say shit) on determining the number of spots that go to each confederation, I won't comment on the subtler points of this post.

Honduras - possible. They are right now IMO the third best team in CONCACAF on pure talent. Just need to work on the coaching and organisational aspects
Canada - no. They don't have the home structure necessary
Haiti - no they have other things to worry about than funding football
T + T has a better chance than Jamaica for the simple reason that World Cup games against European opposition give a huge boost to your rankings if you get a good result (these should still . However, knowing our traditional approach to planning I doubt it.

That the other countries in CONCACAF (I assume you're not talking about Mexico) will catch up to the US by 2010 is highly debatable. That there won't be evolution in the other zones of the world is downright silly. We don't live in a vacuum Barring a major geopolitical incident (which would probably stop the World Cup from taking place in 2010 anyway), I don't see Europe letting go en masse its dominance. The same goes fro Brazil and argentina. Seeing that at least one other south american team, two asian and three or four african teams have the capacity to become world football powers, I don't see how you'll find a spot in the top 10 to squeeze in another CONCACAF team

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2006, 11:14:33 AM »
i hope u.s.a fail. They dont even call it football they call it soccer?!?
They dont no the offside rule i swear. They cant pronounce teams either.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »
also. WHY are they ranked 4th..that is such a fluke..everyone was laughin about it on tv even the american goalkepper i dunno his name but wotever.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2006, 12:21:07 PM »
also. WHY are they ranked 4th..that is such a fluke..everyone was laughin about it on tv even the american goalkepper i dunno his name but wotever.

Jubo, yuh ain't tired from typing? i find ah seeing yuh name right through all of a sudden..
anyway welcome :beermug:

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2006, 12:42:15 PM »

Midknight has a very valid point.  People are already fighting down CONCACAF as we have 3.5 spots and have historically been one of the weaker zones.

Asmuch as we all dislike the US team, it really helps Trinidad and Tobago when our CONCACAF neighbors play well and advance in the World Cup.  We really need to maintain those 3.5 spots, and a strong CONCACAF performance will be key to that.

So hate all allyuh want.  Come June 9th I supporting the WHOLE OF CONCACAF along with the Soca Warriors.  And of course my beloved albiceleste!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »

Midknight has a very valid point.  People are already fighting down CONCACAF as we have 3.5 spots and have historically been one of the weaker zones.

Asmuch as we all dislike the US team, it really helps Trinidad and Tobago when our CONCACAF neighbors play well and advance in the World Cup.  We really need to maintain those 3.5 spots, and a strong CONCACAF performance will be key to that.

So hate all allyuh want.  Come June 9th I supporting the WHOLE OF CONCACAF along with the Soca Warriors.  And of course my beloved albiceleste!

As valid as the point may be, in reality, support for a team (or lack thereof) comes from the within. Yuh can't force yuhself to support a team, just because of X & Y.....football is passion and passion and rationale often don't mix......that's just the way it is.

The U.S. team will do what it will do regardless of the "haters" on the board (Anti-US sh*t talk on this board doesn't affect much)......so crying for CONCACAF unity on the board in the interest of 3.5 spots next World Cup is useless...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 01:06:20 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2006, 01:04:02 PM »
hoss, the US plalced dead last in the 98 world cup, jamaica took 5 from argentina and we did not lose a spot... asia damn lucky dey still have 4.5 spots considering the thrashing the saudis had and apart from the south korea the near non-existetn tournament they had..
the truth is only teams from south america and europe have won the world cup, what makes asia a stronger zone than concacaf or caf for that matter???
u really think that japan and south korea are going to become world powers, they'll be more like a denmark or belgium or sumtin a decent side world powers hardly...australia in d same catergory...
it's not practicla to take away a spot from us cuz it woud make it less of a world cup, u really think d amount of buzz a team like trinidad generates would not be noticed by fifa???
i eh worried bout costa rica dey cud make it out they group and already i find dey a better team dan the U.S. in concacaf, guatemala, honduras and panama are also coming up so concacaf has enough teams to whole it's own...

NOW THE NEXT TING THE US IS IN A TOUGH GROUP JUST LIKE T&T, IN FACT IT'S ARGUABLY THE HARDEST GROUP IN THE TOURNAMENT , so it would be a bit unfair for them to penalise the US for not doing well in this tourney...

I DON'T LIKE THE US AND AS MUCH AS I WANNA SEE CONCACAF HAVE MORE SPOTS, WE HAVE TO START AT HOME, WE ARE A BETTER CONFEDERATION DAN MOST EXCEPT WE SPOIL THE US BY LETTING DEM PLAY EVERY GOLD CUP AT HOME WITH A FLICKING GUEST TEAM WHEN WE COULD HAVE A FULL 16 TEAM TOURNAMENT WITH ALL THE MEMBERS WE HAVE....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2006, 02:56:55 PM »
hoss, the US plalced dead last in the 98 world cup, jamaica took 5 from argentina and we did not lose a spot... asia damn lucky dey still have 4.5 spots considering the thrashing the saudis had and apart from the south korea the near non-existetn tournament they had..
In 1998, jamaica took 5 from argentina but they also got 3 points (incidentally from Japan) (an asian team that finished with three losses). Mex advanced, as in 1994. The Asians only kept their 4 spots in 2002 because of the cohosting IMO. Problem is in 2002, both hosts advancing artificially inflated their 'quality rating' leading to the half spot gain. What helped our half spot was both the US and mex advancing plus CR's 4 points.

That said, there is a lot of politics behind it. lets just say that we don't need to give the boardroom people excuses to take out a half or full Concacaf spot.

the truth is only teams from south america and europe have won the world cup, what makes asia a stronger zone than concacaf or caf for that matter???

I never said it was. Unfortunately, they now have the status of being the first non european/non south american semifinalist (South Korea) under the modern system of spot allocation, notwithstanding the fact that they were hosts and got lucky. Concacaf has hosted 3 times and hasn't made semifinals once in those 3 periods. Both Concacaf and CAF are more consistent in terms of sending teams through but another strong Asian run would virtually gain them the 5 spots. Plus don't forget that wonderfully underdevelopped market that is China  ::) plus India in the long term that makes that decision so much more appealing

u really think that japan and south korea are going to become world powers, they'll be more like a denmark or belgium or sumtin a decent side world powers hardly...australia in d same catergory...
Well actually I don't. Lets say that they have as much chance of becoming world powers as of Honduras Trinidad or Jamaica being ranked in the top ten

it's not practicla to take away a spot from us cuz it woud make it less of a world cup, u really think d amount of buzz a team like trinidad generates would not be noticed by fifa???
Theres a huge backroom squabble going on between the proponents of a geographically diverse wc and those of a high levelof competition world cup. At the end of the day, the weaker that non traditional teams appear is the more difficult it'll be to justify to some that the WC shouldn't be a europe/brazil/argentina competition. the real thing maintaining the spots of the outsiders are marketing perspectives. If FIFA gets the impression that football has reached its popularity limit in Concacaf and not in Asia or elsewhere, they'd have no problem limiting our participation to just 2 teams like in the good old days.

NOW THE NEXT TING THE US IS IN A TOUGH GROUP JUST LIKE T&T, IN FACT IT'S ARGUABLY THE HARDEST GROUP IN THE TOURNAMENT , so it would be a bit unfair for them to penalise the US for not doing well in this tourney...
I agree with you. Thats why they won't penalise the US. They'll just penalise CONCACAF as a whole

I DON'T LIKE THE US AND AS MUCH AS I WANNA SEE CONCACAF HAVE MORE SPOTS, WE HAVE TO START AT HOME, WE ARE A BETTER CONFEDERATION DAN MOST EXCEPT WE SPOIL THE US BY LETTING DEM PLAY EVERY GOLD CUP AT HOME WITH A FLICKING GUEST TEAM WHEN WE COULD HAVE A FULL 16 TEAM TOURNAMENT WITH ALL THE MEMBERS WE HAVE....
AGREED 100%

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2006, 03:34:22 PM »
I can't stand to see them play. They are a text book team. Nothing about them is spectacular not even Donavon or Beaseley.  I hate ugly football and the Americans personify ugly football. I love to see Costa Rica play football. At Home or Away they will play an attractive game. And the Mexicans.... pure class. I really don't care about an extra Concacaf spot. Should we gain an extra spot from that type of football ? I don't like US football and won't apologise for it. I started watching this game because it was entertaining not because a team could execute defensive tactics for more than 60 mins and win by a goal from a set piece. If that is what USA wants to win by let FiFa keep their extra spot.

1]; } ?>