April 29, 2024, 06:49:50 AM

Author Topic: Raptors get no.1 Pick  (Read 5534 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Raptors get no.1 Pick
« on: May 24, 2006, 07:34:43 AM »
Wow this new GM is lucky,8.8% chance of winning and he did.I don 't know what"s available, but what
ever it has we got it.this is the first no. 1 ever.
Rumor: might trade it for Magloire still good.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Raptors get no.1 Pick
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 08:29:19 AM »
we neeeeed someting in dis town
ah hope dey take magliore...we need a center and bucks eh really too particualr about him

Look how much men walk troo we hand..chauncey billups, mc grady etc etc...and we ha nuttn to show for it

ah well,,could be worse we coulda been livin in vancouver
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 10:24:18 AM »
meh padnah send me this conspiracy theory:

toronto about to be the next vancouver. vc leaving put the club in jeopardy. maybe stern "gave" the 1st pick to toronto to reward colangelo and prevent the collapse of the franchise.

nothing new here - ppl talking how '85 and ewing to ny was fixed. saying how they freeze the envelope so stern knew which one to pull.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 03:22:45 PM »
meh padnah send me this conspiracy theory:

toronto about to be the next vancouver. vc leaving put the club in jeopardy. maybe stern "gave" the 1st pick to toronto to reward colangelo and prevent the collapse of the franchise.

nothing new here - ppl talking how '85 and ewing to ny was fixed. saying how they freeze the envelope so stern knew which one to pull.

Toronto ain"y going nowhere jed,doh worry about it.This city never lose a franchise,next

vancouver  ;D,MLS is a billion dollar company Vince Carter can"t shake that,they give him 90 million

and told him go buy some spinning rims ;D

And if Stern give us the pick,is just for us to stop complaining that we never had one and he

shit we up to bc d 1 year without high schoolers , and we get it stepps. :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 03:33:35 PM by Compre »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 07:11:49 PM »
no. 1 pick.

This may probably be the draft where there are really no standouts..
I had like Jakim Noah.. but since he withdrew.. I'll go with Morrision...

It have a yute man from Spain looking good to
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 11:02:16 AM »
we might take de italian centre forward, i rather de youth from lsu but we have his position filled, say wha, getting magloire and another quality would be de bess bet oui

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 01:17:04 PM »
the raptors should try to get a good point guard.

they have all star Chris Bosch locked in the small forward who improving every day...and I have a feeling this coming season Charlie Villinueva will have a break out season... He had a good season including a 48 point game....

so they need a good point guard and once the rumors of one time all star and fellow canadian Jamal Maglorie are true... they are a playoff team easy....

whey yuh think?
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 01:50:02 PM »
we might take de italian centre forward, i rather de youth from lsu but we have his position filled, say wha, getting magloire and another quality would be de bess bet oui

TI dey  liking this italian fellar Andrea Bargnani .. wait .Bag nani <I doh buy cat in bag u know>  ;D anyway he"s 7foot ,but i tired
of these 7foot losers fom europe we"ll see,Lsu man is Tyrus Thomas, good rebounder if he could stepin
I ain"t know.The italian guy playing pro right now.

the raptors should try to get a good point guard.

they have all star Chris Bosch locked in the small forward who improving every day...and I have a feeling this coming season Charlie Villinueva will have a break out season... He had a good season including a 48 point game....

so they need a good point guard and once the rumors of one time all star and fellow canadian Jamal Maglorie are true... they are a playoff team easy....

whey yuh think?

It was strange yesterday Bosh said the raps need a point......like he knows something because he was pushing for Mike James, not sure who availabe speedy Claxton ,we have lots of cap space anyway.
  If they could trade for Magloire and get there pick is sweet ,cause like Dawg say with out Joakim the
draft flop ,if he was there goshh.i trust this Gm  doh.

Big Dawg what u hearing bout Brown he leaving,no offence but if we could get him we might make the playoffs :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 01:58:20 PM by Compre »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 03:00:12 PM »
Big Dawg what u hearing bout Brown he leaving,no offence but if we could get him we might make the playoffs :beermug:

Man.. not even Larry Brown times 10 can help the Knicks.... Toronto have a young coach, a young nucleus of good guys as well as a sugring allstar in Bosch...

they doh need Larry Brown to blight the team
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 07:48:29 PM »
Figures.  Raptors finally get a #1 pick and no Le Bron James....no Yao Ming....no consensus #1 pick.

Oh well...there is always hope.  After all....Sam Perkins got drafted ahead of Michael Jordan.

Darko Militic got drafted ahead of Dwayne Wade

Perhaps de best decision would be fuh de de Raptors to trade de pick and pick up a good player.  Alyuh could imagine T Mac comin back to the TDot?   Think de fans will accept him?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 08:51:19 PM »
[nucleus of good guys as well as a sugring allstar in Bosch...

they doh need Larry Brown to blight the team

Your right,but we know Isiah have a hand in that to right  ;),anyway this coach might not last the year
he"s a rookie,and Colangelo has a guy in mind.

Figures.  Raptors finally get a #1 pick and no Le Bron James....no Yao Ming....no consensus #1 pick.

Oh well...there is always hope.  After all....Sam Perkins got drafted ahead of Michael Jordan.

Perhaps de best decision would be fuh de de Raptors to trade de pick and pick up a good player.  Alyuh could imagine T Mac comin back to the TDot?   Think de fans will accept him?

Yeah man they like T mac,is anther player could never come back.They was hurt he did"n sign,but it
management fault,they couldve sign him the year before he became a free agent....Wait u mean
trade d pick for T mac ???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 06:45:35 AM »
Yeah man they like T mac,is anther player could never come back.They was hurt he did"n sign,but it
management fault,they couldve sign him the year before he became a free agent....Wait u mean

Daz exactly what ah mean.  Or somebody of dat stature....a Kevin Garnett...who not happy in Minnesota....etc

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 07:16:55 AM »

Daz exactly what ah mean.  Or somebody of dat stature....a Kevin Garnett...who not happy in Minnesota....etc
T-Mac eh commin back...

Stoudamire might get ah warmer reception if dey try and bring he back

Yuh notice de pattern dat ALL de men dat make dey name in toronto and run for big money elsewhere does end up floppin on dey face and dey stock does plummet,,,Camby,Stoudamire, T-Mac, Keon Clark, Tracy Murray, D. Christie etc etc etc etc

Only man went higher was Chauncey Billups

Anyway we should trade dat pick for Magliore...he want to come home and he is a solid center
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 01:45:57 PM »
Oh well...there is always hope. After all....Sam Perkins got drafted ahead of Michael Jordan.

He got drafted ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosch too..... aint that something..

I was telling meh pathner that the 2003 Draft was one of the most talented rookies to come in recent memory
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 04:19:45 PM »
T-Mac eh commin back...

Stoudamire might get ah warmer reception if dey try and bring he back

Yuh notice de pattern dat ALL de men dat make dey name in toronto and run for big money elsewhere does end up floppin on dey face and dey stock does plummet,,,Camby,Stoudamire, T-Mac, Keon Clark, Tracy Murray, D. Christie etc etc etc etc

Only man went higher was Chauncey Billups

Anyway we should trade dat pick for Magliore...he want to come home and he is a solid center

Jamal would be nice...home town boy....a Trini....(trini parents anyway and he does never fuhget he trini roots) etc.  I eh so sure he worth a #1 pick tho.   If yuh do a multi team multi player deal and say get Jamal (from Charlotte) and Heinrich (from de Bulls), or a Deron Williams (from Utah) or even a Joe Johnson (from Atlanta)  fuh de #1 Pick and trow een Araujo....dat go be decent.  Ah know Milwaukee eh lettin TJ Ford go fuh nutting... :(

1]; } ?>