March 28, 2024, 04:16:32 PM

Author Topic: Paraguay says T&T will play like holland (thoughts??)  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Paraguay says T&T will play like holland (thoughts??)
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »
I was watching a show on fox sports and dey was talking to a Paraguay coach and he say dat Paraguay will basically be up against 3 european teams bcuz Beenhakker will have T&T playing like Holland. Do you agree with this? I do think they have a point...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Paraguay says T&T will play like holland (thoughts??)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:05:32 PM »
with Beenie at the helm, many claim that our new organization, tactical discipline and improved possession game has a noticeable 'European' element to it...or at the very least, we look a little less like the stereotypical caribbean team that many have come to expect. but I  am not sure about whether we play like Holland. That may be a simplistic approach to the fact that Beenie and his staff are Dutch. Beenie may very well try to inject some elements Dutch football in our game, but he still has to base his tactics and systems on the players we have..many of whom will have very different technical and physical attributes and mentalities to the typical Dutch player. In any case..it is a bit of a complement...especially coming from Paraguay who I suspect do not rate us at all

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:22:49 PM »
with Beenie at the helm, many claim that our new organization, tactical discipline and improved possession game has a noticeable 'European' element to it...or at the very least, we look a little less like the stereotypical caribbean team that many have come to expect. but I  am not sure about whether we play like Holland. That may be a simplistic approach to the fact that Beenie and his staff are Dutch. Beenie may very well try to inject some elements Dutch football in our game, but he still has to base his tactics and systems on the players we have..many of whom will have very different technical and physical attributes and mentalities to the typical Dutch player. In any case..it is a bit of a complement...especially coming from Paraguay who I suspect do not rate us at all

Nah their coach seems to have a measure of respect for us. I remember another member saying he saw an interview with the coach and he was sounding kinna nervous when he talked about not being able to find out much about the TnT team. He said that he spoke to some Mexican coaching friends of his and the things he got were that we could be a very dangerous team especially on the counter-attack and that we play with South American flair (or somthing like that) but with a European heart. Their coach seems to be professional and knows that it's never wise to under-estimate any opponent.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:30:34 PM »

Nah their coach seems to have a measure of respect for us. I remember another member saying he saw an interview with the coach and he was sounding kinna nervous when he talked about not being able to find out much about the TnT team. He said that he spoke to some Mexican coaching friends of his and the things he got were that we could be a very dangerous team especially on the counter-attack and that we play with South American flair (or somthing like that) but with a European heart. Their coach seems to be professional and knows that it's never wise to under-estimate any opponent.
i like the sound of this, it's makes sense, trinidadians play a naturallly skillful game not dissimilar to the south americans buh with so many european based players we have a european finish...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 09:34:03 PM »
I'm not sure if its the same guy but I heard a Paraguayan on an FSC programme saying that we like to have fun, we're naive and get distracted easily.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 09:40:20 PM »
it's possible, i didn't pay attention to evrything he said, it was actaually a spanish interview with max bretos and some other doing voice over interpreting...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 06:33:43 AM »
I too read about the comment about us being naive and easily distracted. Also read Gamarra's interview where all he talked about (understandable really) was England and Sweden. Also, you never really get the whole interview...so who knows if he did talk about T&T. I am sure they respect us to the point that we are relatively unknown to them and every team deserves some respect. But I guess this is the first time I heard anything that makes me believe they may not think we are a guaranteed 3 easy points....or am I reading too much into the Holland comment?

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 06:58:26 AM »
We could not play like holland even if we tried so let them think that.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 07:55:44 AM »

Please explain that statement. Just so I don't get the wrong understanding >:(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 08:13:15 AM »

Please explain that statement. Just so I don't get the wrong understanding >:(

there is nothing to get upset about. I agree with KND. We do not have similar players to Holland nor the time to develop our game to be like the one they've been playing for decades and that their players have been trained to play since their youth. Even if we inject certain Dutch details to our game, we will not really play like the Dutch.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 08:17:39 AM »
I was listening to that interview off and on as well, and yes they did communicate some respect for T&T...not sure how diplomatic they were being...

With respect to playing like Holland, T&T will play like T&T.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 08:19:11 AM »
With respect to playing like Holland, T&T will play like T&T.

:nailbiting:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 08:22:42 AM »
Having watched the T&T v Iceland game I was pleasently surprised to see us playing a more disciplined game akin to a European team. I wouldn't say that we play like Holland(I wish we could) but(T&T v Peru notwithstanding) our game has improved quite a bit and our style is very different from previous T&T squads or even different from the pre Beenie squad.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 08:58:13 AM »
I think the main thing Beenhaker has brought to our team is discipline and tactical purpose, we are attacking more because we are controlling the possession of the ball and creating chances rather than hoping a chance appears.

I remember the days when heated debates were flying about getting a "Brazilian coach" as this was the answer because of our style, and I answered we have no style, we need to get one if we are to go anywhere. Edgar Vidale, Corneal, Simones, Najar, Vranes, etc. failed to do what was most needed and that was establishing a disciplined approach to the game.
What is bewildering to opposing teams now is identifying what style we have, is it European or Southamerican?, our flair for dribbling is still there but it is now tempered where we have a balance of players who can turn it on when needed. Our players understand their roles on the field and play to their positions and as the tournament draws near the fine tuning will become apparent.

So let Paraguay, Sweden and England keep guessing by the time they realise what we playing it might be too late because "WARRIORS GO BUSS THE NET AGAIN!!!"""

We are the rank outsiders in this World Cup and I love it, every international magazine I have read have already written us off before the first whistle has been blown, and all I am doing is smiling like the
Joker in Batman and saying "WAIT TILL THEY GET A LOAD OF ME"

So when somebody outside ask yuh what style we playing just say "WE LIKE TO VIBES IT UP" ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 09:03:02 AM by grskywalker »

1]; } ?>