March 28, 2024, 04:22:05 AM

Author Topic: Haitian robbery" T&T cheated W/Cup spot.  (Read 57328 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Haitian robbery" T&T cheated W/Cup spot.
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
As much as I, at that time had demonized the Haitian team, let me make it clear. The Haitians was a very good team. We had wanted to qualify so badly and we tend to castigate the Haitian players for our lost when in fact our faith appeared to have been decided behind closed doors by Haiti officials and the ref/linesmen in question.

TT played a counter attack game with a mixture of English longs balls, with quick short passes able by our very speedy and fit team. The mid-field superbly controlled by Gally with Dennis Morgan and Tony Douglas, and occasionally Steve Khan doing the thankless defensive work help TT tremendously. The Haitian prided themselves with a slow but very control build up. Lots of ball possesion. They had a very skillful  team. Vorbes, Sanon, Auguste, and the goalkeeper(Francillion) were very good players I remeber at the top of my head. Don't take away anything from the Haitian team. It was just their time. Imagine they score a great goal against the Italians. Unfortunaely they lost all their games. Sak passe Haiti!!!!!!  T & T(dame gole) we want ah goal!!!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2010, 06:15:52 AM »
By de way Deeks, who was on the Haitian team ? ah have some pardnas from Haiti that I would love to give them some ole talk.

By chance, yuh cah remember they line up ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 06:38:04 AM »

Some of the Haitian players in that game were:
Henri Francillon (GK)
Philippe Vorbe
Emmanuel Sanon
Claude Barthelemy
Pierre Bayonne
Roger Saint-Vil
Guy Saint-Vil
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
By de way Deeks, who was on the Haitian team ? ah have some pardnas from Haiti that I would love to give them some ole talk.

I really can't rmember all the team. But I remember Francillon, an excellent GK. He played D2 in France after the 74WC I think.   Emmanuel(Mannie) Sanon(deceased). Vorbe. A pretty good mid-field general and was the only white player on the team. A la bircall. But he was all skills.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »

I really can't rmember all the team. But I remember Francillon, an excellent GK. He played D2 in France after the 74WC I think.   Emmanuel(Mannie) Sanon(deceased). Vorbe. A pretty good mid-field general and was the only white player on the team. A la bircall. But he was all skills.

Vorbe was a general. socks around he ankles and bringing everyone into the game. Him and Sanon had an excellent understanding
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2010, 05:19:49 AM »

Henri Francillon (GK)
Philippe Vorbe
Emmanuel Sanon
Claude Barthelemy
Pierre Bayonne
Roger Saint-Vil
Guy Saint-Vil

Thanks Tall, always can depend on you...

Thanks too Deeks and Observer.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 06:33:09 AM by Sam »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2010, 06:18:44 AM »

Vorbe was a general. socks around he ankles and bringing everyone into the game. Him and Sanon had an excellent understanding
http://filmhaiti.com/video/commercials/manno-sanon-philippe-vorbe-apaac-manno-sanon-philippe-vorbe-apaac-manno-sanon-philippe-vorbe-apaac/

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »
Nice!!!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2010, 11:02:41 PM »
The Mexicans did it because it meant that the Haitians would go threw as the top seeded team.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=39/preliminaries/preliminary=34/index.html

Interestingly.. TNT were a better attacking side..  ?

Side note(for the haters to cheer about) usa get rel beat up.. even from Canada.. and sheesh at Puerto Rico ouch!

78' we get thrown out by Suriname :/ 3:2 AF ET (2-2FT) / didnt make the big six..
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=50/preliminaries/preliminary=47/index.html

yet Haiti would qualify again 

then in 82... the prems.. (before the first group of 3 btw) lost out to Haiti again.. this time they wont qualify but kicked us out the same
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=59/preliminaries/preliminary=58/index.html

We have had the most rigged... qualifiers in the world LOL
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:22:16 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2010, 07:01:59 AM »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:15 AM »
Haiti vs Italy 1974

Manno Sanon Famous Soccer Goal 1974

Thanks for posting Sam. That was a very nice goal and great composure by the striker. It is too bad that Haiti had to qualify for that world cup under such controversial circumstances.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2011, 08:02:44 AM »
A good source told me that the T&T players each received a gold watch and $500 dollars to not protest this match, FIFA gave them 24 hours, de Haitian President also gave T&T the key to the city.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2011, 08:33:25 AM »
A good source told me that the T&T players each received a gold watch and $500 dollars to not protest this match, FIFA gave them 24 hours, de Haitian President also gave T&T the key to the city.

at least the players got more back then than the 2006 world cup players got(still fighting court battle). count your blessings  ;)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:35:20 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »

at least the players got more back then than the 2006 world cup players got(still fighting court battle). count your blessings  ;)

You are a troll, and I am starting to dislike you very much fool.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »

Who/what is a troll? lighten up...yo dont see the humor in the post? ::)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »
It was the Mexicans who took up the protest because it knocked them out of the running as well.

profile on the ref
http://worldreferee.com/site/copy.php?linkID=4013&linkType=referee&contextType=bio#

"After the Mexicans (who didn't qualify) complained and alleged that something must have been going on, Henriquez was banned for life and the linesmen were taken off the FIFA list."

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »

Henri Francillon (GK)
Philippe Vorbe
Emmanuel Sanon
Claude Barthelemy
Pierre Bayonne
Roger Saint-Vil
Guy Saint-Vil

from here http://www.allworldcup.narod.ru/1974/PROTOCOL/QUALIF/CONCACAF/HAIVSTTO.HTM

Henri Francillon, Pierre Bayonne, Serge Ducosté, Arsène Auguste, Wilner Nazaire, Guy François, Phillipe Vorbe, Claude Barthelemy, Jean-Claude Désir, Emmanuel Sanon, Roger St. Vil

Coach: Antoine Tassy

Substitutions:27' in Fritz Leandre out Claude Barthelemy,
74' in Eddy Antoine out Phillipe Vorbe

only one caution reported on either team: Henri Francillon

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2011, 01:41:07 PM »
Just found this old story in Spanish

"Scandal at the World Cup"
"Three Trinidad goals annulled by ref in their game vs Haiti"

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
I still maintain the 73 team is the best national team this country ever produce.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »

Ohhhhhhhhh so you just figured that out?? well @ least yuh did it earlier than me, it took me ah while before i realized it, i was trying to be a brother to him and 2099, but them fellas is pure fackin haters wid ah tribal agender, most kingstonian are arseholes anyway, and i'm sure that's where they are from.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2011, 07:03:38 PM »
I still maintain the 73 team is the best national team this country ever produce.

This my rankings: 1. 2006 WC(they made it) 2. 1974 WC(they almost made it) 3. Italy WC(they almost made it) 4. 1967 PanAm(bronze) 5. 1974 CAC(Silver). I never seen the Shell/Digicel play, so I can't rate them.

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2011, 07:35:58 AM »

This my rankings: 1. 2006 WC(they made it) 2. 1974 WC(they almost made it) 3. Italy WC(they almost made it) 4. 1967 PanAm(bronze) 5. 1974 CAC(Silver). I never seen the Shell/Digicel play, so I can't rate them.

Not to take away from the 2006 team but the fact is in 1973 only one team could qualify for the WC. Also there is the fact that the team was robbed of a blatant victory against Haiti. They only lost one game (not counting the stolen game against Haiti) so in my book they were the winners of that tournament and should have been in the 74 WC.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2011, 07:47:33 AM »
It was the Mexicans who took up the protest because it knocked them out of the running as well.

profile on the ref
http://worldreferee.com/site/copy.php?linkID=4013&linkType=referee&contextType=bio#

"After the Mexicans (who didn't qualify) complained and alleged that something must have been going on, Henriquez was banned for life and the linesmen were taken off the FIFA list."

But how did that help us quite frankly the game should've been replayed different referees different location. 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2011, 08:34:48 AM »
        :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thank you Breds.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »
socawarriors.net

Steve David and Gally

Gally

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:50:49 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

truetrini

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 06:56:33 PM »

Rubbish talk.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »

Rubbish talk.

It would be helpful to learn why U consider it "rubbish talk".

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2012, 08:44:50 AM »
socawarriors.net

Steve David and Gally

Gally

MEANS - VERDUGO de Mexico- The NIGHTMARE of MEXICO

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

truetrini

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2012, 08:49:18 AM »

Rubbish talk.

It would be helpful to learn why U consider it "rubbish talk".

Think a bit.  DId they make it to the World Cup?  Regardless of the tief in Haiti...they did not go.  They could not beat the 2006 team either...now you tell me what makes them the best ever?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »
socawarriors.net

Steve David and Gally

Gally

Nice pictures they Flex, Gally was a BOSS !!!

1]; } ?>