April 29, 2024, 03:22:13 AM

Author Topic: usa vs venezuela  (Read 2232 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
usa vs venezuela
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:04:03 PM »
live on espn2 7pm friday.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: usa vs venezuela
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:15:57 PM »
Already have it scheduled.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline USgalWARRIORbf

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:22:09 PM »
i sure hope we look better than we did against morocco.  i just heard on tv that defender cory gibbs is injured and out of the world cup.  things not lookin too good, but I am ever faithful.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 10:46:45 AM »
i sure hope we look better than we did against morocco.  i just heard on tv that defender cory gibbs is injured and out of the world cup.  things not lookin too good, but I am ever faithful.
first reyna,now gibbs.that 2 nd seems to be going far,far,far away.lol.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 08:27:45 PM »
USA were too strong and fast for the young venezuelan team today. Juan Arango showed glimpses of his class as a la liga player but the Vino tinto was a step slower than the US today.
The USA went for the subs in the beginning and later in the second half brought on their stars Beasley and Donavan. A 2-0 victory could have been greater but for poor finishing by Ching.
venezuela playing the short passing style of south america made some inroads in the US defence but just could not finish.
The standard of play was not of the best with botn teams giving the ball away needlessly. The USA will be fit and full of running but they will have to show more if they are to make it to the second round i the WC.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »
Yeah Jai i watch that game....Hearing the commentators biggin up the US team making it sound like if beating Venezuela is a big achievement.  Why they choose Ven. anyways?  That US side have to get lucky to come out of the first rounds.  They are in the same position as we are.  Only I think they have more pressure on them especially now that they told the world that they should be seeded. ;)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 12:43:19 AM »
Yeah Jai i watch that game....Hearing the commentators biggin up the US team making it sound like if beating Venezuela is a big achievement.  Why they choose Ven. anyways?  That US side have to get lucky to come out of the first rounds.  They are in the same position as we are.  Only I think they have more pressure on them especially now that they told the world that they should be seeded. ;)

On Sports Centre they were saying the US right on track to take on C. Republic now. That's laughable. N hear dem nah, oh de US in the group of "doom" or something like that. Ah bawl out "Group of death, yuh fool!"
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 08:57:28 AM »

On Sports Centre they were saying the US right on track to take on C. Republic now. That's laughable. N hear dem nah, oh de US in the group of "doom" or something like that. Ah bawl out "Group of death, yuh fool!"

I find almost everybody looking kinda off right now...even the Czechs at times look very vulnerable against the Saudis. I cyah wait to see how we look against them. Sweden, England and Paraguay have looked less than top class in their friendlies. At the same time, everyone coming off some intense training and legs bound to be tired...and noone has really come out and played their full srength squad for the 90 yet...so it might be early to make them statements....but I have a feeling that we will see many upsets this WC on par with WC 2002
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 09:02:10 AM by Filho »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 09:11:24 AM »

I find almost everybody looking kinda off right now...even the Czechs at times look very vulnerable against the Saudis. I cyah wait to see how we look against them. Sweden, England and Paraguay have looked less than top class in their friendlies. At the same time, everyone coming off some intense training and legs bound to be tired...and noone has really come out and played their full srength squad for the 90 yet...so it might be early to make them statements....but I have a feeling that we will see many upsets this WC on par with WC 2002

Parreira, who was such an introvert before, has said that brazil wont enter the tournament at full capacity but would hope to improve as the tournament continues. That may be the preferred approach by the big countries. the problem with that is that the outsiders could spring upsets as they have to be in top form just to survive. The USA is not a big football team, not by a long shot. their players are very workmanlike and they do not have a world class player....except for maybe the goalkeeper... they work for each other though so I would classify them as a good team making the best of their given potential.
maybe they chose Venezuela to practice their goalscoring against a typical short passing South american team and also probably because they are the only ones available at the moment. Venezuela will be host to the next big tournament next year, The South american championship...they are therfore in serious team preparation mode. Not a bad opponent for the US at this time.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 03:22:35 PM »
Chavez mus be pissed.........  ::)
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 09:12:10 AM »
Given the relative proximity to Venezuela, why is it that we do not have  more friendlies aganist this team?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 10:59:36 AM »
Given the relative proximity to Venezuela, why is it that we do not have  more friendlies aganist this team?

I have asked that question many times. i expect to see more friendlies between the two teams in the future though. Venezuela´s youth teams are good but they are not yet up to the giants of South america. many argentinian, italian and brazilian coaches work at youth levels so things will happen for them soon. they have already beaten argentina at youth level, in competition and that is not to be taken lightly.
i have menrtioned some of this to alvin corneal and he agrees that we should take advantage of our closeness and the high level of Venezuelan teams compared to what obtains in the Caribbean, jamaica excepted.

1]; } ?>