April 24, 2024, 08:26:40 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Sweden  (Read 22286 times)

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sweden vs T&T who go win?
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2005, 06:01:25 PM »
yow be realistic, all ah allyuh who sayin trini go beat sweden, which one ah allyuh idiats go puh yuh house and land on dat. none ah sure so stop being silly, because de truth is sweden is not bloody bahrain....zlatbrahimavich alone by heself is real poison..man like dog and dem have tuh hope deh ugliness go throw men like dat off deh game because matchin up dem men is ah no brainer ...we have real licks tuh get to be honest in dat world cup....i is a trini tuh meh heart but i is a realist too....we have tuh hope tuh go deh and have a couple good games and have ah good showin...anybody who know football know trinidad probably aint go win ah game and might draw one if snow start to fall on coffee street in san'do

Put dis idiot on ignore, people.  he is the biggest Waggonist on the board ever!  no negative bullers on this site,  Rover d dog. >:(

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2005, 06:21:16 PM »
yow be realistic, all ah allyuh who sayin trini go beat sweden, which one ah allyuh idiats go puh yuh house and land on dat. none ah sure so stop being silly, because de truth is sweden is not bloody bahrain....zlatbrahimavich alone by heself is real poison..man like dog and dem have tuh hope deh ugliness go throw men like dat off deh game because matchin up dem men is ah no brainer ...we have real licks tuh get to be honest in dat world cup....i is a trini tuh meh heart but i is a realist too....we have tuh hope tuh go deh and have a couple good games and have ah good showin...anybody who know football know trinidad probably aint go win ah game and might draw one if snow start to fall on coffee street in san'do

Put dis idiot on ignore, people. he is the biggest Waggonist on the board ever! no negative bullers on this site, Rover d dog. >:(

And people questioned the need for AWATT... Look at disrespect.. Look... Ah hope allyuh liking dat...Geeezan ages.. look how dis red rover geyin orn...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline chunk-a-loonks

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Sweden
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2005, 06:39:39 PM »
Fellas,,,,I looking for 4 points from this group.

I would like to think that we could pull off a win against Paraguay - this is no easy feat but if I was Beenie, this is what I would be aiming for.

Realistically, we don't have the pedigree, skill, strength, experience, depth or youth of Sweden or England. However, we have a great coaching staff and the art of strategy and a game plan will have to come in place.

I cross my fingers that between Sweden and England, by the luck of the Gods that we could pull off at least a drawer.

Just being realistic, guys and gals.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2005, 08:05:17 PM »
Hey, i just came across by chance the Sweden vs Senegal game from the 2002 World Cup that I taped, and even though that was over 3 1/2 years ago, i believe that the Swedes employ the same basic style of play today.  Senegal won that game 2 - 1, and although I'm not saying that we are in the same class of the 2002 Senegal WC team, our styles of play are quite similar.  From what I see, the Swedes are strong in the air, but lack indivual creativity, and can be broken down especially with the short passing game.  Senegal were especially effective in the game by playing an attacking one, and not cynically laying back in defence and hoping only for counter attacks.  All in all, you have to go at them, and go at them hard, and not sitting back in defence hoping to counter attack, as they would expect us to do.   

Anyway, with some hard work and intelligent preparation, we could actually win that first game...among others.  I see no reason why we can't do it, or shouldn't at least go for it..

:afro:

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2005, 08:20:42 PM »
I actually love our chances against sweden,I honestly think we go out work them in midfield and jones,stern go surprise them.
lets see who is going to break down de Sweeden defence..
check de stats.. If TNT could hold sweeden from scoring TNT could pull of a tie...a victory against Sweeden will be very tuff..I fancy beating england if dey do not score from free kicks!!!!!!!(TNT doest defend set plays good at an international level)..
check sweeden stats..
12-Oct-05 SWE:ISL 3:1 (2:1) 
08-Oct-05 CRO:SWE 1:0 (0:0) 
07-Sep-05 HUN:SWE 0:1 (0:0) 
03-Sep-05 SWE:BUL 3:0 (0:0) 
04-Jun-05 SWE:MLT 6:0 (4:0) 
26-Mar-05 BUL:SWE 0:3 (0:1) 
13-Oct-04 ISL:SWE 1:4 (0:4) 
09-Oct-04 SWE:HUN 3:0 (1:0) 
08-Sep-04 SWE:CRO 0:1 (0:0) 
04-Sep-04 MLT:SWE 0:7 (0:3)
dats 32 goals for and 3 against ...This aint easy as everyone is mekin it to be..sweeden is a world class team wid wrl class defenders.. Dat shit TNT be doing in defence is not going to wrk against Sweeden.. sweeden will drop about four innah we rass  if fi defend like we does!!!!!!
warmonga....

The most sensible thing anyone has posted in this entire thread.

Is like allyuh startin' to believe iin yuh own hype oui!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2005, 08:33:03 PM »
Hey, i just came across by chance the Sweden vs Senegal game from the 2002 World Cup that I taped, and even though that was over 3 1/2 years ago, i believe that the Swedes employ the same basic style of play today. Senegal won that game 2 - 1, and although I'm not saying that we are in the same class of the 2002 Senegal WC team, our styles of play are quite similar. From what I see, the Swedes are strong in the air, but lack indivual creativity, and can be broken down especially with the short passing game. Senegal were especially effective in the game by playing an attacking one, and not cynically laying back in defence and hoping only for counter attacks. All in all, you have to go at them, and go at them hard, and not sitting back in defence hoping to counter attack, as they would expect us to do.

Anyway, with some hard work and intelligent preparation, we could actually win that first game...among others. I see no reason why we can't do it, or shouldn't at least go for it..

:afro:

is there a website where i can see dat game?

whey sah me eh see anything like dat.........AWATT organize immediate execution
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2005, 08:45:22 PM »

is there a website where i can see dat game?

)

I don't know of any websites where you can see that particular game.  I apparentely have the game on videocassette.  I hadn't realized that I taped so many of those games from the 2002 WC (lol)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 09:21:16 PM by fidel2xl »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2005, 10:42:20 PM »
We beating sweeden. I kind of happy we playing them first

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2005, 01:36:17 PM »
Just realise Brent Rahim is based in Sweden.... maybe he can scout for us...  :rotfl:
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2005, 02:24:17 PM »
well well well the country of my birth against the country i live in, i dont know what the score will be but i really want us to win and even more so after all the shit they writing and saying about tnt in the swedish press a man write and say that we was in bago and the only way to get a newspaper was to trade three mangoes for the papers and being a proud trinidadian stuff like that hurts but for all you all this is the link of the swedish players some are names that are not popular but by where they are playing you can obviously know if they are good are not http://www.svenskfotboll.se/t2vm.asp?p=98551

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2005, 02:29:05 PM »
well well well the country of my birth against the country i live in, i dont know what the score will be but i really want us to win and even more so after all the shit they writing and saying about tnt in the swedish press a man write and say that we was in bago and the only way to get a newspaper was to trade three mangoes for the papers and being a proud trinidadian stuff like that hurts but for all you all this is the link of the swedish players some are names that are not popular but by where they are playing you can obviously know if they are good are not http://www.svenskfotboll.se/t2vm.asp?p=98551

Air Force ones....can u tell us how most teams score on sweden? Any trends in the kinda goals that are scored on them?

Offline d00d

• ball kicker defender guy
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2005, 02:42:48 PM »
trade mangoes for newspapers? best dem did say we does eat food out of plantain leaves!! oh yea...we do...hmm...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2005, 02:48:41 PM »
I say Warrior Nation invade de Swedish blondes; see how much mangoes dem women could handle? Two sapodillas and  big mako plantain; Bring it on.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2005, 02:56:14 PM »
I say Warrior Nation invade de Swedish blondes; see how much mangoes dem women could handle? Two sapodillas and  big mako plantain; Bring it on.
LAWD have mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Black Lives Matter..

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2005, 05:13:01 PM »
T&T needs to have their game face on at the onset.  No smiling at anyone until we buss dem up.  We out for WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ah only hope dem Refrees don't sabotage we. :-[
We could beat anybody if we only believe!

Offline Birk

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2005, 03:30:11 AM »
 Sweden conceded 4 goals in the WC qualification. 1 from the penelty spot, 1 from a freekick and two shots from outside the box. I think Sweden scored most of their goals from open play.

Offline marcovbasten

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2005, 05:10:06 AM »

tnt-england 0-1
tnt-paraguay 2-0
tnt-sweden 1-1

thru to the next round

tnt-germany 1-0

and then

tnt-holland

should be great!!!

Offline Irishman Don

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T v Sweden
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2005, 09:42:47 AM »
Hay, congratulations to you all on a splendid achievement in making it to the World Cup finals. He is one Irishman who will be supporting you all there. Good luck!
The president of the Trinidad and Tobago FA was interviewed on the BBC the other day and he said that the WC games against England and Sweden will be the first time T&T have played against these nations. Whereas the game against England will be the first ever meeting (and I am confident you could cause an upset), I seem to remember a game against Sweden sometime in the 1980's. Am I right? If so would someone have the T&T team that played that day.
All the best in Germany and I hope that you are the surprise team of the tournament (there is always one!!)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: T&T v Sweden
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2005, 09:51:03 AM »
yes and that could be us :devil:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2005, 09:57:22 AM »
Thanks man, we aprreciate all the support. I'm sure the team will be very prepared to meet Sweden and England and Paraguay
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2005, 10:13:09 AM »
Can't exactly remember the team....but I do know...yes...T&T played Gothenberg....I attended the game and remember Gothenberg were in colours...Blue and Yellow...and they scored with a few headers...

Oh Well....the old man brain kinda slow....lol

Luv U T&T

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2005, 10:15:54 AM »
I think that game was in 83, and we lost 5 nil  :-[

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2005, 10:21:53 AM »
don thanks for the support.tnt will definitly be the team to cause some heads to roll.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2005, 10:30:06 AM »
Hay, congratulations to you all on a splendid achievement in making it to the World Cup finals. He is one Irishman who will be supporting you all there. Good luck!
The president of the Trinidad and Tobago FA was interviewed on the BBC the other day and he said that the WC games against England and Sweden will be the first time T&T have played against these nations. Whereas the game against England will be the first ever meeting (and I am confident you could cause an upset), I seem to remember a game against Sweden sometime in the 1980's. Am I right? If so would someone have the T&T team that played that day.
All the best in Germany and I hope that you are the surprise team of the tournament (there is always one!!)

thanks man for d support.  Doh worry when we buss up Sweden, England and Paraguay in the first rounds, you are invited to the T&T celebration/party/fete in Germany.  As well as all we other foreign friends.  We go find a place to celebrate!  All yuh go see how sweet a Trini celebration is! :beermug:

Offline Irishman Don

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2005, 11:56:41 AM »
Hay man if I make it to Germany I will certainly hook up with the giant T&T party there and I'll make a bet now that it will be the place to be for all the fans in Germany. Have a really, really great time there, y'all.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sweden keeper Isaksson ruled out for rest of year
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2005, 12:05:33 PM »
Sweden keeper Isaksson ruled out for rest of year
STOCKHOLM, Dec 14 (Reuters) - Sweden goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson will be out of action at least for the rest of the year with a thigh injury, Swedish public television SVT reported on Wednesday.

Isaksson was injured playing for Stade Rennes against Paris St Germain in the French first division at the weekend.

The 24-year-old, Sweden's first-choice keeper, is expected to keep goal for his country at next year's World Cup finals in Germany, where they have been grouped with England, Paraguay and Trinidad & Tobago.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Sweden keeper Isaksson ruled out for rest of year
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2005, 12:06:27 PM »
sty injured I know I bad mind
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Formation against Sweden
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2005, 09:05:07 PM »
Sweden plays 4-4-2 and T&T for the most part, except against Bahrain in Bahrain, plays 4-5-1

Do people think we should continue with the 4-5-1 against Sweden to try and compete in midfield?

Should Latas start against Sweden knowing that on the defensive side of the ball, we will be effictvely using 4 and not 5 midfielders?

Should Latas' replacement (if he doesn't start) be a defensive midfielder to help protect the central defenders a la Makele seeing that the 2 Swedish strikers in question are Ibrahimvoich and Larsson, rather than a Kenwyne Jones?  Will this defensive midfielder conflict with Yorke's new role?

I'm referring to tactical strategies for the Swedes rather than personnel although in the case of Latas, playing him from the start has a direct effect on the tactics to be employed.

On another note, I saw Zamora for 90 minutes for the first time today.  I've seen snippets of him before but this was the first time I actually watched him play a full 90.

My opinion, if he is elgible, he is more than welcome to try out for the T&T team.  I know it's tough to judge someone on one performance, but for me he doesn't bring anything more to the table than either Kenwyne Jones OR Jason Scotland.  In my opinion, he won't make the team.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2005, 10:36:32 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago taking that game   1-0   

done talk

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2005, 09:58:52 AM »
What a team does in qualification is very different to what they do in the finals. We have an opportunity to improve leaps and bounds before playing Sweden next June. Apparently some of us have forgotten that Leo took over the team after 3 games had already been played. I'm fairly satisfied with the plans for the World Cup and I think the team will improve before the first game. I think the inculusion a few new players could change the face of the team altogether not that its bad now in any case.

Its the World Cup and all that matters is how we play on the day nothing else. We can't approach these games expecting to lose or playing for a draw. Let us play the game in the spirit of the game and work for victory. Anything else would be an embarrassment for the people of this country and mockery of the beautiful game of football.

We must believe that we can beat these teams. We must make our mark on the World Cup.

1]; } ?>