April 27, 2024, 04:32:45 PM

Author Topic: Beenhakker: We know how to play Panama  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Beenhakker: We know how to play Panama
« on: June 02, 2005, 12:33:22 PM »
...Jamaican carries whistle in crucial clash
From T&T Express

Thursday, June 2nd 2005

National coach Leo Beenhakker seemed to have fielded his starting team, in a morning scrimmage, at the Larry Gomes Stadium, yesterday.

It was an indication that the Dutch coach has a clear idea now on how he will approach Saturday's 2006 World Cup qualifier, against Panama, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, from 6:30 p.m..

Beenhakker had spent the last four weeks trying out different players before coming up with his current squad, and has expressed satisfaction with the ready state of the team. "I know how we will play Panama on Saturday," Beenhakker said. "We have done our work and over the past few weeks we have tried different things and seen the players and now we have come up with what we have now.

"The guys have worked very hard and they know what is required of them in order to get the success we all want," the Dutch coach told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes.

"Okay boys, great job and Thank You. We leave the stadium at 6.30 and dinner is at 8. Get yourself together and let's all be on time," was how the former Real Madrid coach closed Tuesday's evening session.

Team skipper Dwight Yorke and his teammates were allowed to relax their muscles in the evening, yesterday, before resuming training at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, this morning. While the team completes its final touches for Panama, team administrator George Joseph jets off to Monterrey, Mexico, today, to ensure that everything is in place for the team's arrival, next Monday, two days before the "Warriors" clash with the host team. Yorke seems to be enjoying the build up to what he described as the "most crucial match for us in the campaign so far".

"It's been hot out there but the guys have all been working hard and the mood in the camp has been a good one. We all know what the task is for us to accomplish and we are working towards that," Yorke said. The Panamanians are scheduled to arrive in the country just after 8p.m., today. Their 1-1 result with Mexico, in March, snapped that country's  ten-game winning streak, in Germany 2006 World Cup qualifying.

That match also provided one of the goals of the qualifiers, so far. Panamanian forward Luis Tejada found himself in the middle of the penalty box, with his back to the goal and Mexican defenders around him.

The second half substitute juggled the ball to his right foot, and then unleashed an athletic bicycle kick that beat Mexican keeper Oswaldo Sánchez.

Carrying the whistle in Saturday's encounter will be Jamaican Peter Prendergast, with countrymen Anthony Garwood, Ricardo Morgan and Raymond Pine also officiating on the evening.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart for president

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker: We know how to play Panama
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 08:06:51 AM »
Hope the referees were carefully selected.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker: We know how to play Panama
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 10:19:57 AM »
I coulda swear i read this very same article on this site already ....... just my imagination but i think a full stop is missing from this one so i gues u can call it different.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>