April 28, 2024, 07:43:15 AM

Author Topic: Veron: Adriano is Not That Good!  (Read 8443 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Veron: Adriano is Not That Good!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 09:23:44 PM »
When I say Brazil is a sympathy side, I doh mean it literally. Brazil will mash you up good an proper..I know. I have seen it many times. What I mean is that they also are interested in the other aspects of the game that are not results oriented....moreso than other teams of their calibre. I find that they tend to get involved in the flicks and dribbles and extravagant passes which takes some of the focus off of continuously breaking you down in the most ruthless, efficient way possible.....In their natural game they are very flamboyant, but there is a definite difference in how cavalier they become after they know they have the game wrapped up...sometimes after one goal, certain players will gallery a little just to give the crowd a lil' something before getting back to business..that is the Brazilian way. The players will often mention in interviews that they have an obligation to win but to also provide a spectacle. A survey in 1994 showed that Brazilian fans prefer the '82 side that lost to the '94 side that won...They are prone to focus on the spectacle aspect moreso than the Germans, English and even the Argentines. Those latter teams are more likely to come at you in the 93rd minute the same way dey was coming at you in the 1st...even when the game done wrap up...

Now when Brazil play Argentina...dat is a different story

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 09:53:33 PM »
Veron can go to hell...Adriano is a beast, a pure goal scorer. The first time I saw him he single-handedly destroyed the US and that was about 4 yrs ago. He's stronger, faster and more experienced now. Brazil will win the WC and Argentina(Fire Bun Dem) will flop...again.

Hey, hey hold on there pardner..... you could bad talk veron or rate up adriano all you want but doh put your money on argentina flopping again !
argentina vs england final !!! I say so !
I keeping a note of all de argentina haters .... it eh go be easy to find dem when we win !

Jai yuh could count me as de number 1...numero uno Argentina hater >:( haul dey ass. :beermug:

Veron smoking crack, he shouldn't even be tallkin, infact we shouldn't even be listening to him.... Fire bun Argentina, Italy and Uruguay.... Hate dem!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 09:55:52 PM »
When I say Brazil is a sympathy side, I doh mean it literally. Brazil will mash you up good an proper..I know. I have seen it many times. What I mean is that they also are interested in the other aspects of the game that are not results oriented....moreso than other teams of their calibre. I find that they tend to get involved in the flicks and dribbles and extravagant passes which takes some of the focus off of continuously breaking you down in the most ruthless, efficient way possible.....In their natural game they are very flamboyant, but there is a definite difference in how cavalier they become after they know they have the game wrapped up...sometimes after one goal, certain players will gallery a little just to give the crowd a lil' something before getting back to business..that is the Brazilian way. The players will often mention in interviews that they have an obligation to win but to also provide a spectacle. A survey in 1994 showed that Brazilian fans prefer the '82 side that lost to the '94 side that won...They are prone to focus on the spectacle aspect moreso than the Germans, English and even the Argentines. Those latter teams are more likely to come at you in the 93rd minute the same way dey was coming at you in the 1st...even when the game done wrap up...

Â    Very well said.  Case in point:  Go back and take a look at the Brazil - Belgium game from the last world cup and look carefully at a particular play that Ricardinho put on them Belgians that supports this point.  It was a subtle and yet merciless but entertaining clinic that he put on.

Â Veron seems to be very bitter about something, because, while anyone will concede that Adriano has had a lesser than expected season, he is not overrated because nobody is really rating him up higher than they should.  He has made some major accomplishments in his short career (including damned-near rescuing the Copa America for Brazil from the grip of Argentina) in a tournament that saw Brazil not even sending their major Stars.  I have always felt that Adriano doesn't do much if any n the realm of fancy play, but the SOB sure can score goals when his game is on.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 09:57:41 PM »

Â    Very well said.  Case in point:  Go back and take a look at the Brazil - Belgium game from the last world cup and look carefully at a particular play that Ricardinho put on them Belgians that supports this point.  It was a subtle and yet merciless but entertaining clinic that he put on.

Â Veron seems to be very bitter about something, because, while anyone will concede that Adriano has had a lesser than expected season, he is not overrated because nobody is really rating him up higher than they should.  He has made some major accomplishments in his short career (including damned-near rescuing the Copa America for Brazil from the grip of Argentina) in a tournament that saw Brazil not even sending their major Stars.  I have always felt that Adriano doesn't do much if any n the realm of fancy play, but the SOB sure can score goals when his game is on.

Mango Chow do you mean Ricardinho or Rivaldo? I'm pretty sure Ricardinho did not play in 2002.

Veron is indeed bitter about something...he always falls out with Adriano in the Inter squad for some reason

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 10:20:30 PM »

Mango Chow do you mean Ricardinho or Rivaldo? I'm pretty sure Ricardinho did not play in 2002.

Veron is indeed bitter about something...he always falls out with Adriano in the Inter squad for some reason

Nah I eh talkin' biut Rivaldo, but it was Ricardinho, No. 7, right before the game ended.  He beat a man REAL STINK on the sideline (sen' de man skatin nearly into de billboards) he then passed the ball off as Brazil started knocking the ball around/across their defensive third of the field.  Ricardinho, after laying off the first pass, followed the ball around the defense, take it back from a teammate on top of the box, then beat a nex' man STINK in the middle right dey, pass it off and was wantin' de ball to beat more men AGAIN!  Subtle, but deadly! 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 06:36:27 AM »

Veron in a mess right noww...He on hate with Argentines and all. I sure allyah see him and Sorin going at it all game in the Inter-Villareal 2nd leg quarter final in the CL. Real embarassing.

Ricardinho definitely played in 2002. Got some decent sweats coming off the bench. Didn't get called up to the side until last minute when Emerson got hurt and had to pull out.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 12:06:36 PM by Filho »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 08:11:48 AM »
Veron can go to hell...Adriano is a beast, a pure goal scorer. The first time I saw him he single-handedly destroyed the US and that was about 4 yrs ago. He's stronger, faster and more experienced now. Brazil will win the WC and Argentina(Fire Bun Dem) will flop...again.

Hey, hey hold on there pardner..... you could bad talk veron or rate up adriano all you want but doh put your money on argentina flopping again !
I keeping a note of all de argentina haters .... it eh go be easy to find dem when we win !

Jai yuh could count me as de number 1...numero uno Argentina hater >:( haul dey ass. :beermug:

Veron smoking crack, he shouldn't even be tallkin, infact we shouldn't even be listening to him.... Fire bun Argentina, Italy and Uruguay.... Hate dem!

All de haters of Riquelme, tevez and messi could tune in on Tuesday next at about 230 pm when Argentina meets angola. walk with your hate metre on full tilt because we intend to rile you all up !
Julio cruz and palacios, the answer to the roryal ponytail of Italy, will also be there to liven up the paty.
just keep registering your hate of the teams playing some of the best football in the world at youth and senior levels.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »

All de haters of Riquelme, tevez and messi could tune in on Tuesday next at about 230 pm when Argentina meets angola. walk with your hate metre on full tilt because we intend to rile you all up !
Julio cruz and palacios, the answer to the roryal ponytail of Italy, will also be there to liven up the paty.
just keep registering your hate of the teams playing some of the best football in the world at youth and senior levels.

Boss...since when you start adopting this 'me and Argentina gainst the rest of the world mentality'. Is like you dying to rub your teams victories in men's faces. Whas dah one?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 12:05:02 PM »
as allyuh talking brazil vz belgium...why was wilmots goal for belgium disallowed..???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 12:08:04 PM »
as allyuh talking brazil vz belgium...why was wilmots goal for belgium disallowed..???

noone knows. looked perfectly legit...and I am a big Brazil fan

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 08:07:57 PM »

Boss...since when you start adopting this 'me and Argentina gainst the rest of the world mentality'. Is like you dying to rub your teams victories in men's faces. Whas dah one?

The thing is with Argentina I cah really ever support side like that, doh matter who playin fuh dem, anytime dem Argentines play ball against a brasil side, club or international.... is real racist talk does pass, callin man monkey and thing.... cah support dat in my right mind..... Italy and Uruguay too....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 11:25:23 PM by marcus »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2006, 08:12:50 PM »

relax......

Are you Argentine ? If not, what's with the over-emotional crusade ?

all you had to say is Argentina vs Angola next week at 2:30pm, tune in.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 08:15:58 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 05:59:51 AM »

relax......

Are you Argentine ? If not, what's with the over-emotional crusade ?

all you had to say is Argentina vs Angola next week at 2:30pm, tune in.

No I am not argentinian but I support them in football. I also like Michael jackson´s music and Elton John´s music without liking their lifestyles. This for me is a football forum so I keep`my comments to that. when folks say their piece on the soca warriors it is ok but if someone supports another team, in this case argentina, it is not good ??
Come on man there is racism in spain, italy, Trinidad and tobago, Brazil, germany ..in fact it is difficult to find a country where it doesn´t exist. spain´s coach is still Spain´s coach isn´t he ...you want a bigger racist than him ?
I think maradona is the greatest player i have ever seen... i wouldn´t ask him his views on anything else but football however. i have noticed that certain members on this forum take every opportunity to bash Argentina regardless of the topic. I am not saying that you are one of them but you know who they are. When that happens I take my football stance...hence the comment on what is there not to like in Messi, riquelme and tevez !
i hope ypu see the point here and i am trinidadian.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 06:02:29 AM »

The thing is with Argentina I cah really ever support side like that, doh matter who playin fuh dem, anytime dem Argentines play ball against a brasil side, club or international.... is real racist talk does pass, callin man monkey and thing.... cah support dat in my right mind..... Italy and Uruguay too....
then your spanish and portuguese must be real Good ! You also must not like spanish football as well huh ? give me some facts about which you speak .,......and I am sorry Lall shop cannot be used as a reference !

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 06:46:04 AM »

No I am not argentinian but I support them in football. I also like Michael jackson´s music and Elton John´s music without liking their lifestyles. This for me is a football forum so I keep`my comments to that. when folks say their piece on the soca warriors it is ok but if someone supports another team, in this case argentina, it is not good ??
Come on man there is racism in spain, italy, Trinidad and tobago, Brazil, germany ..in fact it is difficult to find a country where it doesn´t exist. spain´s coach is still Spain´s coach isn´t he ...you want a bigger racist than him ?
I think maradona is the greatest player i have ever seen... i wouldn´t ask him his views on anything else but football however. i have noticed that certain members on this forum take every opportunity to bash Argentina regardless of the topic. I am not saying that you are one of them but you know who they are. When that happens I take my football stance...hence the comment on what is there not to like in Messi, riquelme and tevez !
i hope ypu see the point here and i am trinidadian.

I hear that you love Argentina football......I don't bash them. Despite being a Brazil fan, some of my favorite players are from Argentina...... I have good Argentine friends here in NYC, so iz no scene. but lately it seems like you're on some emotional Argentina crusade to the point where it appears that you have share some sorta victim complex with Argentina......The way you feel the need to defend Argentina against some petty "hate" on this board, it's almost like that's your country...I doubt you're the only Argentina fan on the board...In fact I know you're not.... so I doh really understand it, but like yuh say it's a football forum Talk yuh talk.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:50:07 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 08:14:32 AM »
Adriano is very good how else the man could be a starting striker for the number one team in the world(Brazil) i admired veron as a player but i am now seeing that his attitude has much to be desired. Once the A- train gets going there aint no stopping world beware.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 08:47:16 AM »
Jai John although I have expressed my great dislike for Argentina football, I do respect their team. I know that when they take the pitch they come correct and they bring it. I'd be lying if I said they were a sh*t team. One of my favorite players is Fernando Redondo and even Diego Maradona. Even my Brazilian friends who have every reason to dislike them...emotional, nationalistic or otherwise...respect their team.

Having said all of the above, I backing any team Argentina playing >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 09:42:30 AM »
Jai John although I have expressed my great dislike for Argentina football, I do respect their team. I know that when they take the pitch they come correct and they bring it. I'd be lying if I said they were a sh*t team. One of my favorite players is Fernando Redondo and even Diego Maradona. Even my Brazilian friends who have every reason to dislike them...emotional, nationalistic or otherwise...respect their team.

Having said all of the above, I backing any team Argentina playing >:(

ha ha ....that's cool. You mght have some unhappy moments in the coming weeks but say what...thats why sport is so great.... there is the result and there is the style. In the great era of the lakers Magic johnson was the man. When quetioned about the period he mentioned that a man called Larry bird really pushed him. Bird was not as flamboyant but effective. Then of couse Bird had his fans.
Some people support germany in the world cup every 4 years ...well I dont ..not until they could keep my attention...but their results have been better than argentina ..does that make me a fan ..not by a long shot.
I will continue to support the soca warriors until they exit....After that  is fotball i like so i will big up  my team of stars ...AGENTINA !
I expect every fan to do the same for is or her team ....

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 10:29:53 AM »

then your spanish and portuguese must be real Good ! You also must not like spanish football as well huh ? give me some facts about which you speak .,......and I am sorry Lall shop cannot be used as a reference !

Jah John você defendem a equipe para que você não sabe nada sobre. Além do mais nomes de jogadores e isso está claro.

If football is nothing more than 11 vs 11 on a field for you, well then I pity you. For me at least, this game goes beyond the field. Jah John you have everyright to support Argentina, that is your free will. But I just wonder how much you really know about their Nazi past. And just in case you don't know what I said above, I am pretty sure you can find an Argentine friend to help you translate.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 11:16:51 AM »

Jah John você defendem a equipe para que você não sabe nada sobre. Além do mais nomes de jogadores e isso está claro.

If football is nothing more than 11 vs 11 on a field for you, well then I pity you. For me at least, this game goes beyond the field. Jah John you have everyright to support Argentina, that is your free will. But I just wonder how much you really know about their Nazi past. And just in case you don't know what I said above, I am pretty sure you can find an Argentine friend to help you translate.
You think by saying the same thing in Portuguese makes a difference ?
Guess you must have mssed al my earlier posts about keeping my comments to football. I suppose you are not even watching the WC because it is being held in Germany ???
I therefore dont expect to see you much on this forum in the coming weeks. it is a shame that you have condemned youself thus.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 11:23:48 AM »

Guess you must have mssed al my earlier posts about keeping my comments to football. I suppose you are not even watching the WC because it is being held in Germany ???
I therefore dont expect to see you much on this forum in the coming weeks. it is a shame that you have condemned youself thus.

Ok look, it is fine for you to throw your support behind Argentina, a country with a culture that in all probabilty would disown you. So go right ahead..... boss

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2006, 02:00:54 PM »
  I never have and probably never will "support" Argentina ( I did enjoy seeing Maradonna light up Mexico '86, though) but I do have a tremendous respect for their football abilities and their youth development and I think they would be even more successful and win more even more respect if they would play their game more and dive and flop and bring some of their antics to the game a lot less.  I think any of us that supports ANY country, (maybe even our own) can find some political, economic, social or historic reasons to find major fault with that country.  If it weren't for the portuguese participation in the triangular slave trade, I wonder if those of us that are "Brazil" fans would have the end result that is the "jogo bonito" that we have come to support so much?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2006, 02:09:04 PM »
  I never have and probably never will "support" Argentina ( I did enjoy seeing Maradonna light up Mexico '86, though) but I do have a tremendous respect for their football abilities and their youth development and I think they would be even more successful and win more even more respect if they would play their game more and dive and flop and bring some of their antics to the game a lot less.  I think any of us that supports ANY country, (maybe even our own) can find some political, economic, social or historic reasons to find major fault with that country.  If it weren't for the portuguese participation in the triangular slave trade, I wonder if those of us that are "Brazil" fans would have the end result that is the "jogo bonito" that we have come to support so much?

Gosh boy mango chow ...yuh preach ! I only talking football but some people want me to defend the foreign policy of a country. Just to set a liitle thing straight ....Argentinians think they are superior to everybody ! i have argentnian friends and they admit that. They are therfore a lot more " ists"  than people think. they are often descibed as italians who speak spanish and wish they were british !
they are not well liked even in south america simply because they think they are superior.
they play good football though and i like to watch them.
now all de politicians can say much more on their shortcomings but what about their football ?
I live in a glass house so i leave de politics to de politicians .....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »

Gosh boy mango chow ...yuh preach ! I only talking football but some people want me to defend the foreign policy of a country. Just to set a liitle thing straight ....Argentinians think they are superior to everybody ! i have argentnian friends and they admit that. They are therfore a lot more " ists"  than people think. they are often descibed as italians who speak spanish and wish they were british !
they are not well liked even in south america simply because they think they are superior.
they play good football though and i like to watch them.
now all de politicians can say much more on their shortcomings but what about their football ?
I live in a glass house so i leave de politics to de politicians .....

Dont worry, Boss, All ah we livin' in "glass house"...........but ah notice yuh eh say nutting bout what ah say 'bout some o' Argentina's on-field antics though.   :duel:   Lemme hear yuh on dat!

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2006, 03:06:08 PM »
   Hyperhot J: Veron should shut he arse! Veron was over-rated so much so that he humiliated my Argentines in 2002.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2006, 04:04:50 PM »

Jai...how you go challenge the man portuguese and spanish and then when he bring the portuguese you acting like he pulling a thing. You forget or what ?  ;D Support Argentina strong boy Jai. That is your right and they are a big team and I feel they coming with something hot this year (if yuh boy Riquelme bring his A game). Marcus' dislike for Argentina is fair enough. Every man will choose why he likes and dislikes a team..we choose whether to include social and political reasons or whether we just admire the ability of the players and the team's style of play....to each his own. Peace

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Veron returns to first club Estudiantes
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2006, 05:09:43 PM »
Veron returns to first club Estudiantes

BUENOS AIRES, June 5 (Reuters) - Former Argentina World Cup captain Juan Sebastian Veron left Inter Milan on Monday for Estudiantes de La Plata, the Argentine club where he began his career.

Veron, overlooked for the World Cup in Germany which starts on Friday, will link up with his former Argentina team mate Diego Simeone, who recently left Racing Club to become coach of Estudiantes.

"I always wanted to come back," said Veron, who played in two World Cups, helping his country reach the 1998 quarter-finals in France and leading the side which suffered a shock first-round exit in South Korea and Japan four years ago.

The 31-year-old, nicknamed "Little Witch" after his winger father Juan Ramon who was known as the "Witch", spent much of his career in Europe.

He joined Sampdoria from Boca Juniors in 1996 and went on to Parma, where he won the UEFA Cup, and Lazio, where he won the Serie A championship under Sven-Goran Eriksson in 2000.

He then joined Manchester United and helped Alex Ferguson's side reach the 2002 Champions League semi-finals.

Veron moved on to Chelsea but was loaned to Inter after one injury-troubled season.

Members of Argentina's World Cup squad in Germany said his return to Argentina would be good for the game at home.

"That Veron is back in Argentine football is good news," said Juan Roman Riquelme, his heir as playmaker of Argentina's team at the World Cup.

"Over a number of years, he showed in Europe he was one of the best," Riquelme told a news conference at Argentina's World Cup base near Nuremberg.

Argentina's coach Jose Pekerman decided against picking Veron in the team he has built for the Germany tournament which starts this weekend.

Defender Gabriel Heinze, who followed Veron to Manchester United, said: "I was surprised because he still had a lot to give to European football. He's one of the best in his position."

Simeone left Europe in 2005 to join Racing Club where he took on the extra job of coaching the side early this year although with limited success.

He has filled the Estudiantes position left vacant by Jorge Burruchaga, who moved to Independiente last week.

1]; } ?>