March 29, 2024, 02:33:01 AM

Author Topic: Beenie Playing Mind Games  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenie Playing Mind Games
« on: May 27, 2006, 05:58:38 PM »
On Fox Sports News de back of one of dem papers have a headline "FLOPS" did not see the name of the paper but the man say how Bennie say something like for all de resources England have they only have one thing to show and that was back in 1966

Lord :devil:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:40:09 PM by palos »
For de love of de game

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenie Playing Mind Games
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »
He absolutely right. They are highly overrated.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:40:34 PM by palos »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 06:09:53 PM »
If it is an English parper don't read too much into it. Their usual tatics !!!!

You fee trini like commess and confusion ? Take a look at the english press.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:41:46 PM by palos »

Offline triniboots

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 06:20:13 PM »
Did some research on England online, interesting stuff below:

England have had only moderate success in the World Cup, and that is perhaps a fair indication of their standing in the world game.  They won the tournament once, in 1966, when it was held on their own soil and they played all their matches at their home ground, Wembley Stadium, an advantage extended to no other team in World Cup history.  Their 4-2 extra-time victory against West Germany in the only final match they have reached has remained clouded by the controversy over whether their third goal, the first of extra-time, actually crossed the goal line, and, at least in the view prevailing in Latin nations, by the furore surrounding the expulsion of Argentina captain Antonio Rattin in the quarterfinal.

see http://www.englandfootballonline.com/CmpWC/CmpWCTmHist.html for full article
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:40:46 PM by palos »

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 06:26:03 PM »
england are jammy customers so dont underestimate them...we beat them in 1988 stuggart and then drew against them in italia 90 WC. they dont have success against the irish for a long time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:41:16 PM by palos »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 06:50:49 PM »
Aye guys take it easy,lets think about what we are saying,it seems like their is an anti English posse on this forum.
         It have a lot of big countries that have never won a WC and they are rated by you all as some of the best in the World,Holland,Spain,Portugal etc etc France just won it the other day and it was in France.
         When we talking about Football the English must be given credit,check their history and still today they can boast of having one of the best leagues in the World.
         I find it strange though that the countries where most of our players strive/get opportunities and make their living,those are the countries we hate England/USA,sometimes we must try not to just look at things on the surface dig deeper and may be we will think differently,every course we have here is either some English or American Coach teaching ourCoaches,at the moment they talking about Fenwick coaching T&T,ah mean what's our problem.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:40:58 PM by palos »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 07:06:30 PM »
Aye guys take it easy,lets think about what we are saying,it seems like their is an anti English posse on this forum.
         It have a lot of big countries that have never won a WC and they are rated by you all as some of the best in the World,Holland,Spain,Portugal etc etc France just won it the other day and it was in France.
         When we talking about Football the English must be given credit,check their history and still today they can boast of having one of the best leagues in the World.
         I find it strange though that the countries where most of our players strive/get opportunities and make their living,those are the countries we hate England/USA,sometimes we must try not to just look at things on the surface dig deeper and may be we will think differently,every course we have here is either some English or American Coach teaching ourCoaches,at the moment they talking about Fenwick coaching T&T,ah mean what's our problem.

very good post.....Coops..I think men just zealous about we being in the World Cup and they don't actually think England is $hit.  Personally, I am not a fan of England but I still consider them to be a big team.

Some forumites saying stuff like Sol Campbell, the Neville brothers, Beckham among others are shithongs..how they came to those opinions, I can't explain because each one of them will make our starting squad anyday.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:41:30 PM by palos »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 09:36:21 PM »
I don't like the English style of football but I'll give respect where respect is due. England have won only 1 World Cup yes but the country has a massive football tradition. I always found it hard to understand why so many men on this site support English clubs but then I realised that English football was probably the best in World during the 80's (somebody correct me if I'm wrong.) That says something. Spain for instance has been the best league in the world I would say for about the last 4 years and have at various points of the history dominated football yet they have never won the World Cup. In any case Englang got close a few times. They consistently make it out of the group phase so they are derserving of the "World Class" label.

One thing though, I could put money on Collin terrorising Neville on the 15th.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 10:09:01 PM »
but then I realised that English football was probably the best in World during the 80's (somebody correct me if I'm wrong.)

What u basin dat "England football was probably the best in de world during the 80's" statement on bro?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 02:32:30 AM »
England like people to think they are invincible - that give them the pyschological advantage before the game start. Thats an important advantage to have for them.

The Irish proved that wrong in 1988 and ever since . The Trinis can beat England . We will have ALOT Of support out in Germany - dont forget that!! NOW ...GO SOCA WARRIORS!!

Offline broko

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 07:12:14 AM »
I had a read of the article in the Sunday Mirror. Beenie never call dem flops. Dat reporter only want to sell newspaper. Beenie said given Englands resources- excellent players and league, he found it surprising that they did not win any major tournament since 1966. He put this down to having great players but not a great team, drawing reference to the present Real Madrid squad. Dat reporter only wanted a sensational headline.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:23:27 AM »
but then I realised that English football was probably the best in World during the 80's (somebody correct me if I'm wrong.)

What u basin dat "England football was probably the best in de world during the 80's" statement on bro?
i think they had some great club teams back then..but they were banend in Europe at the time..so ah guess yuh couldnt really gauge them against the rest.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 06:45:27 PM »
Mind Games: ent I started tuh throw 'Mind Games' out with this thread tuh get man from thinking that England is all that? But yuh know  not many picked up on this but ehe ehehe looks like  Beenie checking the forum?

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=14669.msg150194#msg150194
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:56:30 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 06:55:18 PM »
Ah read about 4 different article from the same press confrence and all give a different interpretation of what Beenie said.....Which goes back to my first point which was
If it is an English paper don't read too much into it. Their usual tatics !!!!

You fee trini like commess and confusion ? Take a look at the english press.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »
Leh we get real serious.  England is not overrated; they are underachievers in my book.  With tht talent that they have produced over the years, they should have another World Cup under their belts.  This bunch that they are taking to Germany has three genuine world class players:  Lamps, Gerrard, and Rooney.  We have a tough task to break them down, but in football stranger things have happened.  We are the underdogs, and rightfully so.  This is our first appearance at the World Cup.

1]; } ?>