March 28, 2024, 06:57:08 PM

Author Topic: Pan petition?  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Pan petition?
« on: May 28, 2006, 01:04:06 PM »
I'm referring to this post
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=14788.0

Someone suggested launching a petition to FIFA to get at least the 'official band' that accompanies the team allowed into the stadium. Does anyone even know if there has been any statement in relation to that?

Anyway two questions. Would you guys support such a petition?
Do you think at this late stage it makes any sense?

RSVP Quickly please
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

d_#1Trinba

Re: Pan petition?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »
12 days before the world cup,we can try.

big up midknight

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 01:23:08 PM »
It is never too late to try. I ent going but I will sure sign up.

It is better to try and fail then never to try at all.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 01:24:04 PM »
will sign up too!!!!

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 01:25:53 PM »
THAT'S AN IMPORTANT TOPIC PLEASE ANSWER.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 02:05:07 PM »
Why we need pan dey???
I dunno but I taught world cup was fuh football.
Well I am a confirmed cont so I go shut up now.
Doh cuss meh ah goin mad sorry I vex I cyar go germany nomore
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 02:43:18 PM »
Why we need pan dey???
I dunno but I taught world cup was fuh football.
Well I am a confirmed cont so I go shut up now.
Doh cuss meh ah goin mad sorry I vex I cyar go germany nomore

Why not?  What happened?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 02:50:01 PM »
Well palos to take leave right now to go overseas the leave request has to go up a month prior and must contain all documents. I.e. Ticket which I won't have in my hands till like wed or thur so I have a    england ticket and I room in nuremberg for all interesred :'(
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 02:53:40 PM »
People. We in Trini have a very bad habit of accepting everything as a fatality. We will cuss UNC and PNM every day and then we will either vote for them, doh support any other party or just don't care about elections anyway.
We all here cussing Jack like hell, cussing the TTFF for their incompetence but we expect Jack to pull strings for us to get the pan authorised, and surprised that the TTFF has made no statement about it.

I understand people like morvant who feel that this have nothing to do with football. That is a next story. At the end of the day, this World Cup is a window of opportunity for Trinidad and Tobago, its people and its culture, but is not like if we bringing up this steelband thing out ah the blue just for the world cup...

People know Brazil samba drums. I don't see why because we happen to have a steel national instrument we can't let them know about it. Nobody will be surprised when Ghana and ivory coast bring their national instruments...
At the very least an 'official contingent' under the responsibility of the TTFF should be authorised.

I am not going to waste my time doing a petition if noone is interested. But this isn't just for football fans, but also for steelpan/calypso music fans and Trinidad patriots in general. Its an opportunity for us to ACT on what we believe.

The question is do we believe? Morvant has made his position clear. He's entitled to his opinion. What about yours?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 02:55:26 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 02:55:34 PM »
Well palos to take leave right now to go overseas the leave request has to go up a month prior and must contain all documents. I.e. Ticket which I won't have in my hands till like wed or thur so I have a    england ticket and I room in nuremberg for all interesred :'(

WTF??!!!  Breds if de 1 month prior ting absolute...ah know it too late now eh........but yuh couldn't get a letter or sumting showin dat yuh did pay fuh de ticket?  Dat messed up sah....feelin it fuh yuh.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 03:02:23 PM »
People. We in Trini have a very bad habit of accepting everything as a fatality. We will cuss UNC and PNM every day and then we will either vote for them, doh support any other party or just don't care about elections anyway.
We all here cussing Jack like hell, cussing the TTFF for their incompetence but we expect Jack to pull strings for us to get the pan authorised, and surprised that the TTFF has made no statement about it.

I understand people like morvant who feel that this have nothing to do with football. That is a next story. At the end of the day, this World Cup is a window of opportunity for Trinidad and Tobago, its people and its culture, but is not like if we bringing up this steelband thing out ah the blue just for the world cup...

People know Brazil samba drums. I don't see why because we happen to have a steel national instrument we can't let them know about it. Nobody will be surprised when Ghana and ivory coast bring their national instruments...
At the very least an 'official contingent' under the responsibility of the TTFF should be authorised.

I am not going to waste my time doing a petition if noone is interested. But this isn't just for football fans, but also for steelpan/calypso music fans and Trinidad patriots in general. Its an opportunity for us to ACT on what we believe.

The question is do we believe? Morvant has made his position clear. He's entitled to his opinion. What about yours?
Man do study Morvant he was not serious. Start the ting man go sign.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 03:17:20 PM »
so lets make a list enough talk

midknight can you write somthing that would start a letter i dont know..
and after that we start a list giving our names
copy and paste the list and each one give his name to the list and thats all
we're in the cyber world let's try the fast way.

Offline chelsea64

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 05:42:30 PM »
I'll definitely put my name down.
Come on the Chels.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 05:47:34 PM »
im bringing my bloody pan no matter what they say... good looking out midknight... we go palevu when ha geh to Paris.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 05:58:41 PM »
I in the warriors say it helps them and they love it,and i beleive the emails to adidas worked, they ain"t go shit we up again ;D.
And speaking about the chatroom,ah wonder how it go be, tumble weeds oh wha, lol,I hope ppl moving
with laptops :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:05:35 PM by Compre »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 06:19:52 PM »
Aight like de eloquent men eh know wha tuh say....leh me start

To Whom it May Concern,
We, the fans of Trinidad and Tobago who are making their maiden World Cup appearance in Germany this summer were highly disappointed to be given the news that our national instrument, the steelpan would not be allowed into the match venues during games. This dissapointment has somewhat taken the sweetness out of the euphoria of our qualification, not to mention deprived us the chance of making our unique imprint on this footballing extravaganza. The beautiful steelpan, which happens to be the only instrument that was invented in the 20th century was designed to increase the convivial atmosphere for our carnival festivities, also has the capability of playing all the parts of orchestral arrangements, and by extension any musical piece. Conversely,it would be safe to presume that, the exciting ambiance of the World Cup would be greatly enhanced by the presence of this unique instrument.  While we recognise the concerns that motivated this decision, one must also appreciate the fact that this steelpan, is in all respects, an instrument. One can hardly imagine a musician that holds his instrument in the regard necessary to play it well to use it for anything other than what it was designed for; to play music. We urge you to kindly reconsider the argument presented and realise that, in truth and in fact that the benefits that would be gained by all that encounter this extraordinary musical tool.
Thanking You in Advance for Your Co-operation
The Fans of The Trinidad and Tobago National Football Team (a.k.a. The Soca Warriors.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:26:48 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 06:24:11 PM »
Ok so who hooking we up with the format we need to do this thing online so we could all sign ??

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 06:35:14 PM »
Aight like de eloquent men eh know wha tuh say....leh me start

To Whom it May Concern,
We, the fans of Trinidad and Tobago who are making their maiden World Cup appearance in Germany this summer were highly disappointed to be given the news that our national instrument, the steelpan would not be allowed into the match venues during games. This dissapointment has somewhat taken the sweetness out of the euphoria of our qualification, not to mention deprived us the chance of making our unique imprint on this footballing extravaganza. The beautiful steelpan, which happens to be the only instrument that was invented in the 20th century was designed to increase the convivial atmosphere for our carnival festivities, also has the capability of playing all the parts of orchestral arrangements, and by extension any musical piece. Conversely,it would be safe to presume that, the exciting ambiance of the World Cup would be greatly enhanced by the presence of this unique instrument.  While we recognise the concerns that motivated this decision, one must also appreciate the fact that this steelpan, is in all respects, an instrument. One can hardly imagine a musician that holds his instrument in the regard necessary to play it well to use it for anything other than what it was designed for; to play music. We urge you to kindly reconsider the argument presented and realise that, in truth and in fact that the benefits that would be gained by all that encounter this extraordinary musical tool.
Thanking You in Advance for Your Co-operation
The Fans of The Trinidad and Tobago National Football Team (a.k.a. The Soca Warriors.)

Thanks Bourbon, I was lacking some inspiration. Have two dossiers to hand up for tomorrow too, but at the same time it sounding kind of airy fairy too me. We need to let FIFA feel that they have something to gain by letting it in or at least something to lose by not doing so.
By the way..its only ACOUSTIC ORIGINAL instrument invented in the 20th...but good start. PM me if you want to discuss the form in private.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 08:37:53 PM »
Me eh want to come across too abrasive. I was goin and include that our culture doh really have violent conotations....buh den if dey check de murder rate dat might render dat null and void. So i put in the part with the musician's regard fuh the instrument. Tell me anything else tuh change and ting and we go organise. I eh going germany...but at least our national instrument should be there. Men like Alberta Trini could lend he words too....yuh know he good at dat.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 10:14:11 PM »

never to late to try..

i in for it

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 07:19:05 AM »
me too... if we dont succeed get ready to take ur bottle and spoon... unless they find a reason to ban that too

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 04:20:02 PM »
me too... if we dont succeed get ready to take ur bottle and spoon... unless they find a reason to ban that too

They done ban bottle...

Offline TnTPebbles

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 04:40:48 PM »
Hmm interesting.  Maybe they really don't want the steel pan distracting the other team.  So then Trinidad needs to move onto plan B and take our East Indian drummers with them to all the games intead. It's also a big part of our culture and our players need to be able to hear the indian warrior soca chant/tribal call coming from de north stand in Germany.  ;)  If not put Butter cup and Junko on the sidelines to be a soca warrior cheerleaders to help distract the goal keeper and the other players. :devil:  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 04:49:45 PM by TnTPebbles »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 07:36:16 PM »
Eh buh allyuh men who find de letter need changing tell me wha need to be changed and ting nah. I have exams so if i know wha i need to attack it go be lil easier on me. I type that kinda off the top of my head buh we cyar lapse cuz world cup is in 10 days.....and fuh dem to consider it and change dey mind den for the pan sides to know and organise to suit.......eh really so much to play with.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 07:31:15 PM »
i'm on the fifa site ,i cant find a mail adress to write to them

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 11:10:19 AM »
can someone give me an adress,i want to write to the fifa to let them know and i invite you all to do the same.

1]; } ?>