April 17, 2024, 08:39:49 PM

Author Topic: The Toronto match report  (Read 24101 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Toronto match report
« on: May 28, 2006, 05:51:41 PM »
Apologies to touches...we hadda teef de title from de master of internet reportin

It was a beautiful 26c degree saturday with a light breeze blowing..perfect conditions for football
As I approached the field there were quite a few forumites (and lurkers) as well as guests just liming and waitingfor the rest

Keep in mind, I didnt quite get everybodys screen name, so apologies to anyone not actually named

In total we numbered about 16...well 17 if you included one of the players girlfriends....the tallest jamaican 'browning' ah ever see in mih life
de woman could easily be 6'6'....and from de time ah start to load the cooler with carib, she want to know whey de red stripe?
Needless to say, de place get silent and everybody watch she in shock

Anyway, the one ting I notice immediately is it have no shed, pup tent, galavanize sheet, small tree...nuttn we could all pile under if it start to get too hot

As per lickslikefire request, we all walked with either a red or white shirt, teams were picked and someone had the brilliant idea of deciding instead of running a full big goal field as we only had 7 per side
we would put two small goals crossways on the big field and later on the plan was run the big field when others show up (TI say he was bringin ah BIG crew)

so..match start..in red was me,lickslikefire, jr sams,u of w man and rasIred the other guy, I didnt ketch his name..and one chinese guy who I assumed all the time was chinee boi...why?? well because he was chinee  :whistling:

On the white team was....well another chinese guy..and ah couple fellahs from waterloo (I eh ketch dey names) a poster we was callin maradona because of he argentina shirt and licks pardner from saudi arabia, ...a wisp of a human being..but we instantly named him poison..why?? well dat go come later

ah know ah forget ah couple man on dat field completely...but allyuh go understand why later  :party:

The white team started dominating from the earlies as the guys from waterloo had a decent brand of ball..and dey kinda fit.(truth be told is because dem men was waterloo students,,when you is ah student in dat school, you surety eh blazin ting regular, so is pure pent up tension and energy dem fellahs was releasin).
However like ah say it had dem  fellahsPLUS de ringer from saudi 'poison'...de man must be does weigh 100lbs...but lawd he quick,,he quick on de beats, de footwork  have speed but the amazing thing is the beast REFUSE to bun. (On top ah dat we find out afterward de man come to de sweat AFTER trainin wit ah team for 2 hours de same morning) Only man could kinda mark him is rasIred...and ras stickin in de defence because sun gettin hot and men realize is real unfit dey unfit...and we roastin out dey

While we playin each other hard and me eh shame I eat mih share of spanner ...white managed to score 2 goals
red tryin for de comebackwith some nice passing and crosses..some men who shall remain nameless tryin some  FIFA X-box moves on de field oui,,,,,,okay allyuh twist  mih arm ah go name dem..if you see rasIred and UofW an even licks wit some kinda set up scissors kick bullet.& flip over head beat,,ting ronaldhino go say too difficult,, men tryin dis ting over and over but like dey eh pressin de right buttons in dey head so tings jus eh workin out,,,,, anyway we eventually equalize

Then naparima show up (he start late)...somehow was givin ah cab driver directions with he palm pilot and both ah dem still get lost

TI and 3 pardners stroll in after dat...so we split up the teams unevenly 8 vs 9 or someting...and we continue de ball..and man gettin more and more bun...except poison...de beast woudnt stop runnin at full pace..shoulder trappin, dippin dartin and beatin...it was painful to watch, while de rest ah we suckin SERIOUS wind

eventually we couldnt take it..we decide to go in for a beverage break....dem men get serious TI pull out he johnny walker and jr sams bring angostura 1919  :o

I was mindin mih business drinkin mih water and sams tell mih try de smoodness  :devil: of de 1919..i say no problem so ah  take two,three touch and chase with ah carib...okay ah chase with 3 carib
we lose ah couple guys..de guy I thought was 'chinee boi' had to go to a wedding and 2 others left as well

who is this mysterious chinese man...me eh know..he say "later fellahs"..and de man instanly dissappear like de end of ah shaolin flim

we went back out to run the '2nd half' and the combination of sun, beer and 1919...I not sure what happen..but my legs just STOP effin wukkin..

.I fade to to de back and one point I fairly sure I see ah douen run across de field..I rub mih eye hard..mih leg ploddin like ah elephant with ah set ah doc martens boots on...to make matters worse de effin white team keep missin de goal and de ball end up goin waaay out ah bounds...an I hadda keep ploddin over to get it

It was apparent that EVERYBODY was runnin out of steam....except 'poison' de lil beast wouldnt stop movin...he was like ah damn humming bird with ah crack habit, men start to beg him to slow down and bring de ball up slow...
de rum and beer causin stress wit me at that point..de douen come up behind mih and tell mih"well just cuff dong he MC,, dat go slow him dong lil bit"...but I decided against that because he look like ah nice pious muslim fellah

Eventually around 2:30..we start to fade off the field one by one and game done roughly 2 hours after we start playing.

Around 3:00p ah nex poster 'articulate' stroll in ...and about 4:30 de real 'chinee boi' and he pardner stroll in lookin for sweat...we end up hittin more beers and talkin about football and RasIred start to give TI some hardest talk...but TI is ah soldier he take it in stride...den TI start to tell man dat trinidad go definitely reach quarter finals...more talk back and forth
I leave ah handful ah men and  dus out about 5:30

The final score?? I eh have ah clue..my best guess 19 to 19 ,,,anyway.good sweat, good time was had by all

Props to:
The guys from waterloo-- a nice brand offensively and defensively and made the game lively
naparima-- doin some kinda decent goalblockin regardless of de bullet dat hit him
socachynee-- some nice defensive slide tackles dat make dem fellahs tink twice --(mystery solved)
Lickslikefire and U ofW man--- nice pinpoint crosses to each other
jr sams-- hold dong defense and de midfield nicely (ah tink he score as well)
rasired-- nice defence, but would step up to de midfield to keep an eye on poison on occasion
TI and crew-- for um,, digraming the plays dat make we score
de gyirls-- for shelterin under de parasol and lettin de res ah we suffer
Hamid aka poison...the metabolism of a ferret with the lungs of lance armstong
de REAL chinee boi-- for bein ah True Trinidadian and showin up 4 hours after game time

Licks have pics
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:45:54 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: The Toronto match report
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 06:03:15 PM »
nice report Dutty  :)
so whow as the fake 'chineeboi'?lol
the pics are uploaded http://www.thewarriornation.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=40&g2_itemId=251
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 06:04:03 PM »
Here's the link to de pics.  We were told that the Warrior Nation stuff should be uploaded to the Warrior Nation site since they trying to be more organized.  So Tallman organized for us  :beermug:

Here's de link:

http://www.thewarriornation.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=40&g2_itemId=251

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 06:13:25 PM »
Hear nah I now give Tenorsaw the Trini-time award for showing up to de NY sweat 3 hrs late....

but like chinee-boi really take it yes lol

Good stuff fellaz

de douen take it for me  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 06:17:14 PM »
Yeah boy Dutty...nice report dey. Man, I could not stop laughing with that Douen sighting  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Next sweat ah bringing the El Dorado 15 year!!
 It was real good meeting the crew.
well yes

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 06:22:13 PM »
First off much respect for Dutty coming out all de way from Cambridge(a 1 hr drive away from the sweat)

Also hats off to Trini U of W man for driving all de way from Mississauga to Waterloo(another 1hr drive) and back to Mississauga to pick up the waterloo crew  :beermug:

And of course all of the other posters who came out and made the sweat/lime/shit talk enjoyable... :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 06:23:05 PM »
 :rotfl :rotfl: :rotfl:
Compi Touches boy...Compi....Not only on the field but with the after report too...not jus ah Douen buh ah Douen with attitude...
an this one

"he was like ah damn humming bird with ah crack habit"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 06:26:26 PM »
First off much respect for Dutty coming out all de way from Cambridge(a 1 hr drive away from the sweat)

Also hats off to Trini U of W man for driving all de way from Mississauga to Waterloo(another 1hr drive) and back to Mississauga to pick up the waterloo crew  :beermug:

And of course all of the other posters who came out and made the sweat/lime/shit talk enjoyable... :beermug:
Oh gorm..cambridge is literally 30 minutes from 'sauga..whey de hell allyuh tink ah livin? waltons mountain?

but ah reach home in bout 20  ;D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 06:44:11 PM »
fellas de sweat was nice....

dutty forget out some tings though...so i go fill all yuh een:

de saudi man was named "poison" as soon as he step on de field...cause on friday the waterloo crew had a sweat, and they were down 8-1.....and when the saudi man come on, they eventually win 12-11....so he was automatically named "poison"  

one of the waterloo contingent by de name of khari was given de name of "toolbox" cause of de amount of spanner he share yesterday...the man spanner wit he left foot, right foot....he even spanner heself once  ;D....morvant would have been proud

naparima was given de name of "topee" since de man was topeeing de ball whole afternoon every time he kick it....you believe this man get loss in a taxi with a GPS system in he palm pilot.... :rotfl:

Trini U of W was trying all kind ah ting....one time he even beat heself and fall down....many doh know, but this is a usual occurrence  ;D

P.S. "poison" is one of Trini U of W pardnas  :beermug:

MickeyRat

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 06:53:39 PM »
Who bring de JW Red?

Poison :beermug:

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 06:54:23 PM »
Who bring de JW Red?

Poison :beermug:

nah TI  ;D

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 07:06:02 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it...was still sick :(

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 07:27:14 PM »
i ent seein dem pics ???

http://www.thewarriornation.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=40&g2_itemId=251

Toronto Sweat #1

For some reason, you can't see the pics before you click them, but when you click them, you CAN see them....i think Tallman trying to fix that.... :beermug:

Blazin: No scene brudda...we go bounce in de sweat on Caribana Sunday.....Details will follow soon after de World Cup, and all yuh will get at least 3 weeks notice  :beermug:

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 07:58:40 PM »
Dutty your commentary on the Saturday sweat had meh holdin meh belly laughin  :rotfl: and laughin some more.

The Chynee boi you were refering to that disappear into the sunset in a shoalin movie to attend a wedding is I "Socachynee" 

Licklikefire the little caption yah put on meh pic had meh laughin too.
I think I livin in dis country too long...  Den again u cant hide it when yah bunnn...  Talk about aches and pains.

Like I was talkin to JrSams and Dutty, somebody mention Gym and I think Dutty was asking if dat John braddah.  De Waterloo crew (young boys) ent jokin dey fit.  Poison hats off to yah, he like de energizer bunny, keeps going and going wid de ball...

All in all it was an enjoyable couple of hours while I was dere, still made it to de wedding on time. 

Respect...

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 08:12:12 PM »
great match report!!
good lime and shit talk....:)
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 08:47:59 PM »
Dutty your commentary on the Saturday sweat had meh holdin meh belly laughin  :rotfl: and laughin some more.

The Chynee boi you were refering to that disappear into the sunset in a shoalin movie to attend a wedding is I "Socachynee" 

Licklikefire the little caption yah put on meh pic had meh laughin too.
I think I livin in dis country too long...  Den again u cant hide it when yah bunnn...  Talk about aches and pains.

Like I was talkin to JrSams and Dutty, somebody mention Gym and I think Dutty was asking if dat John braddah.  De Waterloo crew (young boys) ent jokin dey fit.  Poison hats off to yah, he like de energizer bunny, keeps going and going wid de ball...

All in all it was an enjoyable couple of hours while I was dere, still made it to de wedding on time. 

Respect...

Sorry breddah...like mih disclaimer say I ent get everybody on-line name

but you come from brampton??....//.....and den hadda rush back fuh free wedding cake..you is ah real soldier  :salute:

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 08:50:12 PM »
but would a$$   ;D

i say trini ppl organize de lime so I say if i come bout 4 or so I go see sweat jus starting but ah farget we in canada so tings kinda start prompt but say wah ah still show up

as usual de shit talk was good and de beers was cold, das all dat matter

boy thxs TI fuh showing we de wicked Roti shop, ah was good tuh go fuh de whole night

everybody else who was dere when i get dere tuh tell yuh de truth i ain't get nobody SN so I was playing it by ear, still de lime was good

talk done!!!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 09:15:27 PM »
Yeah Dutty props on the report, it was a nice sweat. Them University fellas had we running, so the intermission do we good. But the 1919 hit we later on good and proper. We go have a next sweat this time the east side edition.

The scene was good, men come equip drinks was flowing and well I had to give TI a lil hardest talk, but he hold up like a true soldier. Big up the red team(Dutty, Jrsams, licks, socachinee, u-w striker ala stern, a next fella, me, ti, ti partner) the white team(spaner, poison, the other u-w stern, maradona, naps,ti family, ti partner) hardluck if I forget anyone and the GIRLS in stands wid the parasol ;D, and the men who come for the lime (articulate, chinee-boi, partner) cause they eh even have boots but the have cooler  ;D, true Trini style.
 side note. WISE bo make the squad for Germany !!

da Roti hit the spot , I get a tour a Sauga to eat it , but it was worth it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 09:18:28 PM by RasIred »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 09:24:39 PM »
Proud ah allyuh fellers

Save de spanner
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini U of W man

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 03:18:08 AM »
Well yes....that was a real classic match report...hahahah.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 04:41:21 AM »
ya know I have to ask allya dis question
any of allya go here yet ???
http://www.thewarriornation.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=30
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
because i ent seein anyone wid dese
http://www.thewarriornation.com/images/membership_kit.jpg
 ;) ;) ;) ;)
TI like you need to expand de Toronto Warrior Nation Membership

Toronto how allya could let ........NEEEEW YOOORK CITYYYYY have MORE WN T-Shirt dan allya ???
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingReg.jsp?Uc=v70kgm9.68nyw0td&Uy=iqudvy&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=750938992779_153511766305

I had my WN shirt on  ;D....check de pic where I get knee in meh balls from "poison" ;D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 06:26:57 AM »
Well done fellas.. ah had to pull ah phanton on this lime..only because..

No food was involved - ah love meh belly!
From history we know TI does forget the JW at home..  :-X

BTW.. ah hear triniman show-up dressed in drags!

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 06:46:59 AM »
look at chineeeeeeeeeeee.....

ah now back after ah hectic weekend an these pics make meh day..........
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 07:16:31 AM »
Well done fellas.. ah had to pull ah phanton on this lime..only because..

No food was involved - ah love meh belly!
From history we know TI does forget the JW at home..  :-X

BTW.. ah hear triniman show-up dressed in drags!

Jumbie boy....they had real roti....not any kinda roti either....piping hot mammoth rotis  ;D

I had a roti and a red solo to boot  ;D

Kandi, I tell yuh should ah come....real chinee for yuh  :P......I will tell yuh when de next sweat is from now to give yuh some advance notice....it's on caribana weekend (Aug 5th/6th weekend)  ;D

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 08:11:48 AM »

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 08:21:51 AM »
nice report dutty  :beermug:
TI,,,, Hardest know about dis? :devil:

http://www.thewarriornation.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=40&g2_itemId=1382

How yuh horning so?

jw know yuh horn him in england with zamora? :devil:

yuh lie,,it was with Jennings. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 08:23:44 AM »
nice work fellahz... and Gino yuh still comin wit yuh stale shit... how yuh play on de field... wait yuh played... ha... pressure in yuh ass buddy  :beermug:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 12:57:20 PM »
Nice pics and good match report...I am truly sorry I could not be there

well done organizing, TI and Patrick  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 08:02:53 AM »
fellas ah think ah find out who socachynee was......

de man wasn\'t meh imposter, he meh family, meh cousin.....well dat is pressure ah didn\'t even know he was on de forum HAHAHAHA

and tuh think de say not all chinee from trinidad is family but shit ah not sure no more.....

Offline Trini U of W man

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The Toronto match report
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 08:34:53 AM »
Yeah fellas that sweat was decent and hear nah Dutty we does be gettin ting here in UW, well me at least i ent know bout dem men in math. Ah bringin d duck nex lime, allyuh organise the tent.

Maradona

1]; } ?>