April 28, 2024, 05:12:04 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker tired of England hype  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Beenhakker tired of England hype
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:52:09 AM »
Beenhakker tired of England hype

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker has taunted World Cup Group B opponents England by insisting they always flop at major championships.
Beenhakker said: "All I see with my eyes wide open is a team that doesn't perform when it comes to the World Cup and the European Championships.

"England have fantastic players, one of the strongest leagues in the world and a population of 50 million.

"These guys should be prepared for everything but they never win."

Beenhakker told the Sunday Mirror: "England are one of the favourites for the World Cup because of the talents they have but they have to show it."

The Dutchman also insists he won't worry about facing Sven-Goran Eriksson's men until his side have first taken on Sweden in their opening match in Germany.

Trinidad face the Swedes in Dortmund on 10 June before facing England in Nuremberg five days later.

Beenhakker said: "I can't think of England now although it is all I hear - England, England, all the time.

"We must stay focused on Sweden. England comes later, and I know we will be better by then."

Beenhakker admitted, however, that his side still has "a lot of work to do" before they get to the World Cup finals.

He saw his team lose to Wales 2-1 in a World Cup warm-up game in Graz, Austria and said: "There is a big difference between preparation games and competitive ones.

"We are at a certain stage of our planning and are two weeks away from our objective."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5024830.stm

Published: 2006/05/28 11:49:45 GMT

© BBC MMVI

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker tired of England hype
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 08:58:30 AM »
Beenie playing with England head ... dis man is a boss coach ...
Snake in de balliser

1]; } ?>