April 28, 2024, 08:48:52 AM

Author Topic: Did anyone read the newspapers that England should not be worried about T&T  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Did anyone read the newspapers in England stating that they have nothing to fear when playing T&T
they to save this article and post it in the locker room, that should be motivation enough.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline FOOTIECHICK

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
 >:(yes i saw it becuz i'm hrere in england rite now and dey real boasting an ting an saying they were gonna be pushovers.well they go see an next ting,too much confidence is ah bad ting.even john toshack saying dat beenie have ah task on he hands to help we progress out of de first round. :P boo boy becuz de ent reach de world cup an dey not gonna qualify for euro 2008.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
ah get it ; We may not like it but let's put this into perspective:

Let 's say that TNT preparing to face off aganist Cayman Islands in WCQ umm.. leh meh see who has more to lose? who has more to gain?

Yuh think we go be worried, confident or 'quaking in we boots'?

'WALK SOFTLY BUT CARRY THE BIG STICK"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
again...why the cryin' when people take us light. Support and optimism aside.....let us get our heads out of our asses. Toshack is right..we have a monumental task ahead of us. Everybody knows we have a tough time ahead...Beenie knows it, the players know it. I think most fans know it. But we believe they are better than the world gives them credit for...not because they have done anything to prove otherwise...but because they are our team..our people. We care..we watch the players and team improve and know their potential more intimately than any else ever could (or should). Everybody knows that anything can happen in football, and we are fooling ourselves if we don't realize a large part of our optimism is based on that premise. C'mon, we all know the game and have watched a lot of football. What have we done to really make others feel any different about out underdog status? You mean to tell me that if the US or Jamaica had played exactly like us and achieved our results we would not be calling them shithounds and expecting them to get knocked out at the first stage of the WC...believe me, we would.

So let them dismiss us to their peril. We doh care. We going to the WC and everyone expecting us to get licks. As far as I see it..we have no downside..Only upside. The T&T side I see play against Wales starting to look good....but I glad nobody but us picking up on that. As far as I see it...these fellas could never disappoint me...win, lose or draw. But I feelin' optimistic like everyone else...but nutten' wrong with keeping that to ourselves

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So let them dismiss us to their peril. We doh care. We going to the WC and everyone expecting us to get licks. As far as I see it..we have no downside..Only upside. The T&T side I see play against Wales starting to look good....but I glad nobody but us picking up on that. As far as I see it...these fellas could never disappoint me...win, lose or draw. But I feelin' optimistic like everyone else...but nutten' wrong with keeping that to ourselves
This is the key point that I think would be priceless in the final scenario.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Exactly the reason i do this ........... ;D

Me eh have a thing in the world to loose. Thats the best position to be in. You is a seeded team........supposed to be one of the favorites to take home de cup.....de pressha on YOU yuh know....i jus dey tuh skin my teeth ent??
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
The Times in London has a column by Martin Jol, and that's what he said. Basically, he expects England to breeze past T&T and Paraguay...he wasn't disrespectful in how he said it, but he talked about the Sweden match for 4 paragraphs and gave T&T and Paraguay 1 each. Incidentally, The Times also had a BEEEEEEEEEEGGGG picture of Jason Scotland in an article about how Scots feel about England during the World Cup.  :beermug:

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
Nobody was bragging..They were jus stating the good points and bad points..Anyway none of y'all can talk bcuz u always sayin stuff about how " We gonna show England ".
All thy did was say , T&T deserved to win..we should watch out..but if we play our game we will probably win.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nobody was bragging..They were jus stating the good points and bad points..Anyway none of y'all can talk bcuz u always sayin stuff about how " We gonna show England ".
All thy did was say , T&T deserved to win..we should watch out..but if we play our game we will probably win.

fauir enuff...  yes i agree some ppl on this forum act like if england is a team luike st vincent... allyuh need 2 calm down...i not sayin we losing buh lets calm down a lil...as leo said..sweden comes first

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
At the risk of repeating myself. We talking too much about England England England. the focus should be Sweden. We play them first and need a result against this team. First game is always the most crucial in Tournament play. So Let England worry about Paraguay and we worry about Sweden, don't get side tracked.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
At the risk of repeating myself. We talking too much about England England England. the focus should be Sweden. We play them first and need a result against this team. First game is always the most crucial in Tournament play. So Let England worry about Paraguay and we worry about Sweden, don't get side tracked.

Exactly my point. We need to take as much points as possible from Sweden. I rate them as much more difficult opponets than England. If we get three points from them.....i dont see why we shouldnt qualify for the second round. I think ppl are getting the hype cause they want it to be a France/Senagal thing.....the colony beating the colonialists.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
Sweden..rated higher than England? ... ::)
I saw Sweden playing a team..that wern't really that good. I cant remember it now but Sweden fans booed their team as they left the pitch..It was only 1-1. I dont think  Sweden are rating their team high.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
put yuhself in england shoes
wud u be scared
HELL NO
but being underestimating us is the biggest mistake they can make

1]; } ?>