April 28, 2024, 05:39:32 AM

Author Topic: Leo reminder- We play Sweden first and then England second  (Read 3612 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
England always come second says Beenhakker.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National head coach Leo Beenhakker taunted England a little more than two weeks before the both teams meet in Nuremberg by suggesting that they are always overrated going into major tournaments and have flopped at all since 1966. Whether they can come better in 2006 is another question.
Beenhakker made the bold statements as he addressed members of the media following the Wales match in Graz on Saturday. Most of the journalists were from the United Kingdom and Beenhakker reminded them that they were not the only team to consider going into the tournament, adding that T&T’s first concern were the Swedes on June 10.
“They always have fantastic players. England are one of the favourites for the World Cup because of the talents they have but they have to show it. England have fantastic players, one of the strongest leagues in the world and a population of 50 million. These guys should be prepared for everything but they never win. All I see with my eyes wide open is a team that doesn't perform when it comes to the World Cup and the European Championships,” Beenhakker said.
When asked how T&T would now prepare for England, the Dutchman replied: “You are talking about England? Everything is centred around England and our finals begin against Sweden and we have 14 days to go and we have two games to play before that. By the time we play against Sweden we will be better than today and if that is good enough I don’t know at this stage but once again we will be very well prepared. We play England in our second game and by that time we will know what we have to do.”
He also dealt with questions as to whether T&T were merely satisfied with  qualification based on the reaction of fans back home and if in fact their aim was to even earn a point at the World Cup.
“Our idea is to win the first match and the second match and then go on. Any professional works in the same way. They prepare for the next match and I have spoken about the difference between training games and the real games. A team does not travel to Germany with the idea that we are going to lose a match. We know exactly where we are and we have our feet on the ground.  We understand our situation that we are the smallest nation ever participating and that we play great players and so but you are going to tell me that as coach, or as a staff, a squad they go to Germany with the idea of oh we don’t have to win anything there and what are we going to do there? We have the same ambitions, courage and hope of all the teams, that’s the way we think of and that’s the way we work or else we stay home and watch TV or send Wales,” he said, causing much laughter from the audience at the post match conference.
The UK media also saw three easy points in the bag for England on June 15.
“Trinidad are left embarrassed by Earnshaw's strike” was the headline in The Observer. “Trinidad and Tobago are considered the least troublesome opponents that England will face in the group stages of the World Cup, which is presumably why Sven-Goran Eriksson, a man who will normally accept an invitation to an international game as swiftly as a call to take tea with Roman Abramovich, saw no reason to swap his Regents Park home for the tiny UPC Arena here in Graz,” the Telegraph stated even though the paper went on to add that T&T would have earned the respect of the English spy at the Stadium.
Looking back at the performance against Wales, Beenhakker spoke of good impressions of defender Cyd Gray and added that he could always depend on striker Stern John to make use of chances when they came his way. He also gave a good pat on the back to young midfielder Densill Theobald when he made his way off in the second half. And veteran midfielder Russell Latapy was ever so proud of the Falkirk player, saying “He’s doing well at the moment. He has all the ingredients and he’s making things work with a bit of maturity at this time and it’s good for him. He wants to peak at the right time and we all want to.”
Theobald himself took a little time to smile about it as he went through the one hour session on Sunday morning at the Thermen Arena in Bad Radkersburg.
“I felt good but the result was far from what you saw in the game. I want to make a bigger impact though because I think once I can settle in with the rest of the attacking line up and do what the coach wants me to then we can create some more chances. Right now we are all trying to fit things together and make it work out there,” he told TTFF Media.
Glasgow Rangers Marvin Andrews was back on the training pitch after being taken off early by Beenhakker due to some discomfort in his knee but it appears all will be better for him in the next few days. Midfielder Silvio Spann also resume some outfield leg work today and is progressing at this stage.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:48:11 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LEO REMINDER - WE PLAY SWEDEN FIRST AND THEN ENGLAND ARE SECOND
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »
don "f#cking" leo boy.......hear nah....ah go real miss dis man boy.......god bless tnt......
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »
Aside from the report that Beenie and Latas are givin about Theobald....was anyone else impressed with his game.....he didn't stand out to me !!

thoughts??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leo reminder- We play Sweden first and then England second
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »
trinbago....my thoughts on bleeders game vz wales....solid....i thought he had his best tnt game....in his preferred position....but as bleeder said...he is looking for more.....of course work to do.....but he made good use of the ball....its all bout the starting 11 now...hunger and poise....de 23/24 pick bout a month ago....everbody wants to walk out on dat pitch in dortmund on june 10th...cant wait....god bless tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 05:02:39 PM »
Aside from the report that Beenie and Latas are givin about Theobald....was anyone else impressed with his game.....he didn't stand out to me !!

thoughts??
No he didn't stand out but he was solid as Big Mag said. This is the 1st time that he was able to play in the middle of the park so there is better to come with tiime.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 06:58:14 PM »
Ent ah say sooo; Now ah know the man checking the postings: see this:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=14140.msg143562#msg143562

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 07:41:07 PM »

thoughts??

He performed his role well. He distributed the ball well and made options available to the defenders when they had possession. I also saw him thread passes that stimulated attacks. I think he is deserving of the praise he received. I wasn't pleased with his physical play though. Next season he will develop that aspect of his game.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »
i agree wit L.B every report u read its all centered around the england game he jus sick & tired of hearin bout england we hav sweden 1st then england then another game after that

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 08:10:37 PM »
[/size]

National head coach Leo Beenhakker taunted England a little more than two weeks before the both teams meet in Nuremberg by suggesting that they are always overrated going into major tournaments and have flopped at all since 1966. Whether they can come better in 2006 is another question.
Beenhakker made the bold statements as he addressed members of the media following the Wales match in Graz on Saturday. Most of the journalists were from the United Kingdom and Beenhakker reminded them that they were not the only team to consider going into the tournament, adding that T&T’s first concern were the Swedes on June 10.
“They always have fantastic players. England are one of the favourites for the World Cup because of the talents they have but they have to show it. England have fantastic players, one of the strongest leagues in the world and a population of 50 million. These guys should be prepared for everything but they never win. All I see with my eyes wide open is a team that doesn't perform when it comes to the World Cup and the European Championships,” Beenhakker said.
When asked how T&T would now prepare for England, the Dutchman replied: “You are talking about England? Everything is centred around England and our finals begin against Sweden and we have 14 days to go and we have two games to play before that. By the time we play against Sweden we will be better than today and if that is good enough I don’t know at this stage but once again we will be very well prepared. We play England in our second game and by that time we will know what we have to do.

From the way that Beenhakker is suddenly bluntly speaking, I think that the Wales match was a big decoy aimed at the England spies.  T&T might well come with Brazilian football for the world cup having fooled the English into think that we would be playing slow European football.  It remains to be seen...
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 08:17:31 PM »
WHERE IS GLENTON WOLFE
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 08:20:46 PM »
[/size]

When asked how T&T would now prepare for England, the Dutchman replied: “You are talking about England? Everything is centred around England and our finals begin against Sweden and we have 14 days to go and we have two games to play before that. By the time we play against Sweden we will be better than today and if that is good enough I don’t know at this stage but once again we will be very well prepared. We play England in our second game and by that time we will know what we have to do.

From the way that Beenhakker is suddenly bluntly speaking, I think that the Wales match was a big decoy aimed at the England spies.  T&T might well come with Brazilian football for the world cup having fooled the English into think that we would be playing slow European football.  It remains to be seen...

u kiddin'..right?

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:35:47 PM »
[/size]

dred no offense ah.....but some of yuh posts is real make meh laugh  ;D

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 09:01:44 PM »
[/size]

dred no offense ah.....but some of yuh posts is real make meh laugh  ;D
I don't literally mean that they will come with Brazilian football.   ::)

I mean that on game day they might well come with an entirely different game plan from the one that they've been displaying.  I do not think that Beenhakker will put his entire game plan in plain view so early knowing that the other teams are watching.  I think that all of these matches are simply trainging matches, where the players are given instructions on what to empahsize/practice during the game.
However, as I've said before it remains to be seen...
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 09:06:42 PM »

I mean that on game day they might well come with an entirely different game plan from the one that they've been displaying.  I do not think that Beenhakker will put his entire game plan in plain view so early knowing that the other teams are watching.  I think that all of these matches are simply trainging matches, where the players are given instructions on what to empahsize/practice during the game.
However, as I've said before it remains to be seen...

with all due respect, I eh think we're that sick....We have enough on our plate working on what needs to be done to be at our best in the tourney.....I eh think we could have the time for such conspiracies....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 10:13:47 PM »

leo well said man well said

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 09:39:46 AM »
WHERE IS GLENTON WOLFE

As far as I know playing for Jabloteh in the PFL.  But how Glenton Wolfe come into this thread dry so  ??? 

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 12:02:34 PM »
WHERE IS GLENTON WOLFE

As far as I know playing for Jabloteh in the PFL.  But how Glenton Wolfe come into this thread dry so  ??? 

i think he mean Anthony wolfe....i guess someone not taking their tablets.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 02:08:03 PM »

thoughts??
yuh hadda unstan is not wa he did wit de ball
or even off de ball
de coach give him a task to carry out and de man did what de coach wanted
an latas and beenie being a futire coach and current coach realise wa de man did an if a player does what a coach asks wa more yuh want?

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 08:53:04 PM »

thoughts??
yuh hadda unstan is not wa he did wit de ball
or even off de ball
de coach give him a task to carry out and de man did what de coach wanted
an latas and beenie being a futire coach and current coach realise wa de man did an if a player does what a coach asks wa more yuh want?

ENT !!

1]; } ?>