April 27, 2024, 01:23:46 PM

Author Topic: Trinidad Sunk by Earnshaw................ skysports report  (Read 7655 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Robert Earnshaw's double earned Wales a 2-1 victory over World Cup finalists Trinidad & Tobago in Austria.

Stern John had given the Caribbean nation the lead on 32 minutes, but Earnshaw sent the teams in level at half time after a predatory finish.

The Norwich City striker then netted late on to hand Wales an ill-deserved victory over Trinidad, who will meet England in the World Cup.

Both goalkeepers enjoyed some early catching practice, with Trinidad's Kelvin Jack grasping an Earnshaw free kick.

Wales debutant Jason Brown was also called into action, keeping out a Chris Birchall drive and holding on to Carlos Edwards' 30-yard shot.

John Toshack's side appeared happy to allow the Trinidadians to dictate a pedestrian pace, although Wales had their moments.

The best of these arrived midway through the first half when David Cotterill surged towards the edge of the area to unleash a powerful shot which Jack did superbly well to push wide.

But first blood was drawn by Trinidad on 32 minutes when Birchall's free kick from the left was poked home by John's outstretched leg at the far post.

Wales responded within six minutes as James Collins knocked down Joe Ledley's punt into the box and Earnshaw nipped in to finish at the near post.

Brown's final action on his Wales baptism was to save low on the stretch from Dwight Yorke before the keeper was replaced by fellow debutant Glyn Garner at half time.

Just 10 minutes into the second half and a little piece of history was created when Gareth Bale became the youngest ever player to represent Wales when coming on as a substitute.

Wales lacked impetus in the second period, with their opponents pressing for a goal to lift morale ahead of the World Cup.

Densill Theobold was lively in Trinidad's midfield and he teed up John, whose shot was deflected over the crossbar.

Collin Samuel then headed wide from a Theobold cross, Birchall lashed a shot just wide and the veteran Russell Latapy curled a shot off target.

Garner then made an important intervention on his international bow when keeping out a Samuel shot, with Lewin Nyatanga removing the danger.

The Leyton Orient shot-stopper then made a more routine save from Birchall's thunderbolt before Wales pinched a winner against the run of play three minutes from time.

Bale burst down the left flank and into the box to pull the ball back to the near post where Earnshaw finished in scruffy fashion.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad Sunk by Earnshaw................ skysports report
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 12:18:17 PM »
Good Analysis- Wales illdeserved win

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »

de commentators bawl... well that came out of de blue!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »

Based on?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 12:30:05 PM »
earnshaw didn't sink trinidad,the sink the self with all the defensive mistakes the make and losing the ball in the back to many times  ,the shakie back there .offensively  T&T look good (capable).well like the commentators say if the defense make those kind of era's in the world cup those world class strikers from england and sweden will take advantage .but all in all it wasn't a bad performance  ,it was just a reminder to them theres still work to be done.

soca warriors #1
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline believer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 12:57:06 PM »
we did not deserve to lose that game. our defense yet again was iffy. i do not think that cyd gray is a good choice for last stopper. he should keep n the right. whenandrews was brought off sancho or cox should have gotten a run. kenwyn jones makes a difference up front just because of his presence and aggression. all and all i think we are still on an upwardly mobile path

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 01:19:17 PM »
Watch the match on BBC 2 I was really upset with the commentary saying bad stuff about the team. Like no team cah beat England. England who only win the world cup won "what a team". The guy said that they have better players than us but I say in football it is team that win never players. Look at them Rooney get injured they like fish out of water. England lost to Belaurus just a couple of days ago so what these games are just for us to see what we need to work on.

:angel:

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »
Watch the match on BBC 2 I was really upset with the commentary saying bad stuff about the team. Like no team cah beat England. England who only win the world cup won "what a team". The guy said that they have better players than us but I say in football it is team that win never players. Look at them Rooney get injured they like fish out of water. England lost to Belaurus just a couple of days ago so what these games are just for us to see what we need to work on.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 01:32:16 PM »
I seen the second half. Trinidad can move the ball up pretty good. But their defense is suspect. Need needs to develop more understanding between each other.

We should have still won though.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 01:42:21 PM »
so how come we eh win?

we dominate yet again failed tuh score?

well i always thought the reason for practice was to make perfect?????????

I cannot be satisfied with that result.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 01:47:16 PM »

What else you expect d commentary team to say, England in for a rude awakening...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 02:10:20 PM »
so how come we eh win?

That's right.  Bring back Bertille St Clair now ent?

Here I was thinkin de score was 2-1...but ah guess we fail to score in trute.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »
I SAW THE GAME.

TT dominated and deserved the win, we were way better than wales.  I am satisfied with the team's performance but i was confused with Beenie man's decision to replace the injured marvin andrews with colin samuel.

He had Cyd gray and Denis lawrence at the back.

Samuel, Latapy and Edwards had very very big games!!

ah love it!!

we will be ok at the world cup!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 02:18:31 PM »
so how come we eh win?

just so u know practice doesn't make perfect.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 02:25:21 PM »
I SAW THE GAME.

TT dominated and deserved the win, we were way better than wales.  I am satisfied with the team's performance but i was confused with Beenie man's decision to replace the injured marvin andrews with colin samuel.

ah love it!!

jus my opinion, but I think that move was to simulate a game when we down a goal (or 2) and need desperately to come back - could we afford to leave 3 at the back?  I think the answer is no.  even if we down.  well maybe with a ot of luck and sancho on tha field.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 02:32:18 PM »
bounty killer, he maintained four at the back cause he played edwards in the right back position.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »
We were way better than this Wales team. Even the commenttors said as much during the second half.

However, the good thing about the result for us is that it shows our major weakness.
WE DON'T CONCENTRATE FOR 90 MINUTES. Our lapses at the end of each half were punished.

We will be ok offensively but we just have to work on the final pass and finishing.

All in all, i was impressed with the performance. We are definitely not the finished product but we are improving.

Practice does make perfect.
TnT Patriot

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 02:45:43 PM »
so how come we eh win?

That's right.  Bring back Bertille St Clair now ent?

Here I was thinkin de score was 2-1...but ah guess we fail to score in trute.

what yuh trying yuh be an ass or what?

You damn well know what I meant about failing tuh score our opportunities.  Wales did so, we did not.

I eh care who vex, and jow de arse Bertille come into dis chat?

Yuh see me jump on yuh post about Stern?

When I was saying exactly what yuh say in yuh latest Stern post yuh try tuh waste meh down..now yuh barking de same ting.

If in we practice games we throwing away den ah jes hope we eh get into dat habit..come serious game time.

Dominate and lorfse..dat cyar be satisfactory....ask Jamaica

Offline morgz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 02:55:35 PM »
i knew a coach who once said practice does not bring perfection it brings permanence

also not about who deserves to win its about who wins

stern has improved greatly since Leo's arrival but as an out and out striker he needs to work on his predatory skills at times he is too hesitant to pull the trigger

Jones i believe had a good game on the other hand

defence is our problem though Lawrence needs to be more aggressive especially when it comes to headers he needs to get in front rather than stay behind strikers

other than that possesion was good hope after these friendlies it becomes a permanent part of our playing style

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toshack concerned despite victory
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 02:57:44 PM »
BBC Sport

Wales manager John Toshack said he drew positives and negatives from the 2-1 friendly win with Trinidad & Tobago.
He said: "The result was better than the performance, but we can be pleased with the inclusion of the youngsters.
"We finished the match with seven Under-21 players out there, but we gave the ball away far too often and caused ourselves unnecessary problems.
"Every ball that's gone up front has come straight back at us. We're are own worst enemy in that respect."
Toshack gave debuts to goalkeeper Jason Brown, Glyn Garner, Aaron Davies and Gareth Bale.
Fellow Under-21 players Lewin Nyatanga, Andrew Crofts and Craig Davies came off the bench to join Joe Ledley as Wales finished the game with their youngest ever side.
Bale set up Robert Earnshaw for Wales' late winner, and Toshack said: "He can be very pleased with his performance, and his part in the winning goal.
"We have been very impressed with him while he has been with us, there is a lot more to come from him but that was certainly a great start.
"We had Bale who is 16, Joe Ledley 19 and Lewin Nyatanga 17 playing down the left.
"And they did not look out of place, those three have been a real bonus for us."

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 03:00:19 PM »
I SAW THE GAME.

ah love it!!

How Theo look Andre? and did Wise get a run? what about Cornewll Glen?
Warren N. Boucaud

truetrini

Re: Toshack concerned despite victory
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 03:06:29 PM »
BBC Sport

Wales manager John Toshack said he drew positives and negatives from the 2-1 friendly win with Trinidad & Tobago.
He said: "The result was better than the performance, but we can be pleased with the inclusion of the youngsters.
"We finished the match with seven Under-21 players out there, but we gave the ball away far too often and caused ourselves unnecessary problems.
"Every ball that's gone up front has come straight back at us. We're are own worst enemy in that respect."
Toshack gave debuts to goalkeeper Jason Brown, Glyn Garner, Aaron Davies and Gareth Bale.
Fellow Under-21 players Lewin Nyatanga, Andrew Crofts and Craig Davies came off the bench to join Joe Ledley as Wales finished the game with their youngest ever side.
Bale set up Robert Earnshaw for Wales' late winner, and Toshack said: "He can be very pleased with his performance, and his part in the winning goal.
"We have been very impressed with him while he has been with us, there is a lot more to come from him but that was certainly a great start.
"We had Bale who is 16, Joe Ledley 19 and Lewin Nyatanga 17 playing down the left.
"And they did not look out of place, those three have been a real bonus for us."

::) ::) ::) Losing tuh dis This shit team is what givning man satisfaction?

Dey have tuh step it up BIG time or else is real embarrassment

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 03:16:02 PM »
2-1 is not really losing
i believe they can improve until the real test match against rep. chek
we will see what the team is really about with that match

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 03:17:51 PM »
2-1 is not really losing

??? well its not winning nor is it drawing so what is it then   ::)

Offline hammer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 03:21:02 PM »
Had trinidad put away the chances to score they would have licked up wales no prob.
Forget the score for most of the game trinidad was on top  

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toshack concerned despite victory
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 03:29:35 PM »
::) ::) ::) Losing tuh dis This shit team is what givning man satisfaction?

Dey have tuh step it up BIG time or else is real embarrassment

Don't forget Paraguay drew goalless with Wales full team back in March - Giggs, Bellamy and all

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 03:32:10 PM »
Had trinidad put away the chances to score they would have licked up wales no prob.
Forget the score for most of the game trinidad was on top  
ok h going tuh forget de score...because we win  we score  1 dem score 2...and we play real good and de only problem is we eh score more goals dan dem.

dey real lorse and we win  ent?

and arrow, Paraguay eh really draw dey win because dem play better dey jes eh score enough goals

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »
we had more occasions than them

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 03:52:53 PM »
From the very starting line up I could have seen that Bennie still experimenting. It was good to see men like Theobald getting some games and also Jones, albeit in a different position.
From the Start you could see Dog was not right, he missed a ball and Wales was almost clean through. He countinued to make simple errors which were very unlike him. Wasn't surprised to see him come off, have heard that he was carrying a knock earlier in the week.
It was a smart choice to throw Cyd in at the deep end because if we have problems he will be expected to do it in a real game... He was not half bad in there, obviousley no central defender but he is a hard worker. He will lose the ball but he will  not give up and sometimes he will win it rght back. Hard luck on the first goal, a bit of ball watching, but who would expect Lawrence not to win that header.
To give the defence its credit, only when they made an error did Wales even get a look in. Fortunately for Wales and will probably be the case in the world cup they have a very good finisher. Earnshaw is probably a better finisher in the true sence of the word than Bellamy or Giggs(different styles but better finisher)
Avery has shown a lot of maturity, his first touch was good and when the ball is played to him properly he can be a danger going foward.
Going foward the midfield was not bad even without Whitley, and when Samuel came on you could see why he has gotten onto the team. We got to see Jones on both wings....He has tallent but he is not suited for out there so I don't think that we will see him there during the world cup. He needs to be up front...and I would have liked to see Scotland a bit in this game, just to see what he has to offer in support of John or as his replacement.
When Latapy came on....well lets just say he will make up proud in the world cup....Latapy was just latapy end of story.
By the time Whitley came on ther was nothing much left to do but at lease he was able to break a sweat after injury.
Stern did not have too many chances, the best of which was deflected overbar but the defender.
Yorke had to play too deep to make up for the lack of Whitley, but showed some moments of his capabilities.
Apart from one very good save to his right in the first half, and a few catches jack had nothing to do except pick the ball out of the net twice.

In my opinoin Bennhakar is still trying out new things just to see what if anything different he can bring to the team. I think that he knows his starting team and who the subs will be. He knows who he has and how they will be used, but like the Cyd experiment he is looking for back up plans in case of injury or suspension.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 03:57:29 PM »
Allyuh men missing the point by being so obsessed with the score. The point of the game is making sure that the technical and tactitcal things that they have been working on have improved. The answer is yes clearly. Obviously, there are some things to work on, like finishing and sustained concentration for the entire match. It is much easier to work on those things is the other aspects of the game are solid.

England with many of their best players just lost to 10man Belarus!!

Did you see them pannicking? No because they understand the nature of the exercise.

Give the team the benefit of the doubt.
TnT Patriot

1]; } ?>