April 25, 2024, 07:11:41 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad Sunk by Earnshaw................ skysports report  (Read 7632 times)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad Sunk by Earnshaw................ skysports report
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 08:09:32 PM »
Good Analysis- Wales illdeserved win

Based on?

"Based on?"....................Is dis to imply dat it was not an ill deserved win?????

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 08:16:59 PM »

Based on?

"Based on?"....................Is dis to imply dat it was not an ill deserved win?????

Thought he posted welldeserved.  Glasses on order from Ferreira's.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 08:17:55 PM »
Tings like dis i like to hear man  ;D
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=195452&cc=5901

A young Wales team today suggested that England will have no trouble against Trinidad and Tobago in the World Cup.

In 19 days England should easily overcome the West Indies islanders in Nuremberg when they clash in a Group B match.  

Nice. Let the over confidence set in. I eh get to see the game...trying to fix that now, but from the reports like we real experiment and give a good showing of ourselves.  When i see it i go be able to better comment...but i might even venture that is probably a good thing we loose like that. If we keep getting good results from all our warm up games....people might start to take notice and see us as a threat. We hadda make use of this underdog/skin and grin first timers cover as long as we can.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 08:19:54 PM »

Based on?

Thought he posted welldeserved.  Glasses on order from Ferreira's.

LOL.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 08:44:51 PM »
Looking at this game again; it eh the fact that we lost the game, I mean England lost ah game the other day, is the fact that Wales throw ah real set ah youth at we' and we eh make dem men shit in dey pants'

Instead we play a methodical game which gave the welsh team some confidence.

p.s. whole heap ah black man playing for Wales....ummm.........

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 08:49:35 PM »
From the very starting line up I could have seen that Bennie still experimenting. It was good to see men like Theobald getting some games and also Jones, albeit in a different position.
From the Start you could see Dog was not right, he missed a ball and Wales was almost clean through. He countinued to make simple errors which were very unlike him. Wasn't surprised to see him come off, have heard that he was carrying a knock earlier in the week.
It was a smart choice to throw Cyd in at the deep end because if we have problems he will be expected to do it in a real game... He was not half bad in there, obviousley no central defender but he is a hard worker. He will lose the ball but he will  not give up and sometimes he will win it rght back. Hard luck on the first goal, a bit of ball watching, but who would expect Lawrence not to win that header.
To give the defence its credit, only when they made an error did Wales even get a look in. Fortunately for Wales and will probably be the case in the world cup they have a very good finisher. Earnshaw is probably a better finisher in the true sence of the word than Bellamy or Giggs(different styles but better finisher)
Avery has shown a lot of maturity, his first touch was good and when the ball is played to him properly he can be a danger going foward.
Going foward the midfield was not bad even without Whitley, and when Samuel came on you could see why he has gotten onto the team. We got to see Jones on both wings....He has tallent but he is not suited for out there so I don't think that we will see him there during the world cup. He needs to be up front...and I would have liked to see Scotland a bit in this game, just to see what he has to offer in support of John or as his replacement.
When Latapy came on....well lets just say he will make up proud in the world cup....Latapy was just latapy end of story.
By the time Whitley came on ther was nothing much left to do but at lease he was able to break a sweat after injury.
Stern did not have too many chances, the best of which was deflected overbar but the defender.
Yorke had to play too deep to make up for the lack of Whitley, but showed some moments of his capabilities.
Apart from one very good save to his right in the first half, and a few catches jack had nothing to do except pick the ball out of the net twice.

In my opinoin Bennhakar is still trying out new things just to see what if anything different he can bring to the team. I think that he knows his starting team and who the subs will be. He knows who he has and how they will be used, but like the Cyd experiment he is looking for back up plans in case of injury or suspension.

What Yorke said was that the coach is not experimenting but preparing for 3 different games. Those two goals were ridiculous lapses in concentration apart from that I was pleased with the match. The second in particular was very disappointing, two men just liming there with the foward.

Densil had a decent game and if Carlos can play like that in 2 weeks time he won't be playing for Luton much longer. Samuel was a thorn in the side of the defense. I didn't see much more of him when he was moved from the left. I was pleased to see a marked improvement in the quality of the crossing. Birchall was Birchall and Stern scored AGAIN.

That Wales side was very young and had virtually no midfield. During the World Cup we won't face such generous midfields.I'm hoping that team has a couple of gears still to shift into.

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 09:11:47 PM »
i knew a coach who once said practice does not bring perfection it brings permanence

also not about who deserves to win its about who wins

stern has improved greatly since Leo's arrival but as an out and out striker he needs to work on his predatory skills at times he is too hesitant to pull the trigger

Jones i believe had a good game on the other hand

defence is our problem though Lawrence needs to be more aggressive especially when it comes to headers he needs to get in front rather than stay behind strikers

other than that possesion was good hope after these friendlies it becomes a permanent part of our playing style

like u went tranquil!!!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006, 10:42:17 PM »
i ent see the game..just some highlights.
there might've been soem posotives out of the match the caoch was probably looking for.
but to me, not putting that Wales U-20 squad to the sword shows we still have basic deficencies that need working on.
time for experimentation done..now is the time to gel we starting XI in these warmup games regardless of the risk of injuries.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 03:32:50 AM »
here is who played
Jack, Colin, Cyd, Tallest, Marvin, Densell, Carlos, Chris, Kenwynne/Russell, Dwight, Avery, Stern,
I dont know what the other sub was

Whitley came on for Bleeder in the 77th minute

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cyd Gray to replace Marvin as Central Defender
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 04:00:16 AM »
Has anyone read Bennie's Postmatch interview about how impress he is with Gray. It looks like he will take Dog"'place in midfield.
Lord have mercy

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyd Gray to replace Marvin as Central Defender
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 04:11:17 AM »
If cyd could keep his head on i think it would be a good idea.because to be honest lawrence and andrews really slow in d back. with all those pacy defenders running at them i think cyd could be a good way to counter that.

Offline triniboots

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
1 touch
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2006, 04:52:05 AM »
Any of us who may have played football with coaches at high school, university and even club level has done 1-touch football in training. This was so good to do and then apply in games because it forced team members to appear rather than remain flat footed and it gets the opposition tired as they just end up becoming ball chasers vs possessors. Obviously we cannot play 1 touch football throughout an entire game, but it would be good to see us do this at times to ensure everybody awake and we have more possession.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyd Gray to replace Marvin as Central Defender
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2006, 05:02:22 AM »
Has anyone read Bennie's Postmatch interview about how impress he is with Gray. It looks like he will take Dog"'place in midfield.
Lord have mercy

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »

WEN ME MUM get de bullet in de right spot crapaud smoke keeper pipe !!!

Other dan dat........
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2006, 07:38:50 AM »
latas play rel gud
samuel have rel pace to bun
is nice to see edwards attackin again

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2006, 08:24:47 AM »
if Carlos can play like that in 2 weeks time he won't be playing for Luton much longer.

to me a winger supposed to be delivering accurate crosses

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 09:18:35 AM »
Didn't mind the lost because I know Beenhakker had his plans and so on, but "come on" the last 10 minutes of the game the Warriors should have went in for the kill. A win would have done good for the players confidence. I also notice that the T&T players looked a bit exhausted which might have been part of the problem for their in-urgency, in defense of the players though, the coach did have a double session the day before, they looked like they are going through a real intense period at the moment, Stern John actually look Ham-Burger-Free, only Collin Samuel to go now.. (lol)...

I expect us to take a up a notch in our next 2 games, we have to work on our technical part on the field during games and not only think about not getting injured. Players sit back with no support for too long periods. To many times Edwards, Avery and Yorke had to turn back because no players ran into the space for a pass, off the ball play was missing, when we surge ahead we looked lost for ideas with no coordination and discipline, again, I do not know what was our coach intentions or what he was trying to imply, I have confident in his ability though, so no need for us to worry. Maybe we just used this game for procession play and nothing more, but 2 soft goals was scored on us.

Gray needs to control his temper because our opponents will work him.

Brichall is really the work horse on this team.

I do not think Dwight should be used as a defensive midfielder, maybe as Aurtis wasn't their Beenhakker didn't had a choice.

Edwards can really handle himself well on the right, but he must know when to play it simply and also when he should shoot at goal, like our other wing man Samuel who doesn't be afraid to shoot the ball and run directly at defences. I get scared when Edwards play right back and Samuel did look better on the left than he did on the right, as he could have stopped the second Welsh goal and didn't look as good as he did on the left running forward. If our midfielders shoot more it will benefit our forwards especially Stern John as he is good in the box.

Latapy is our opponents target, so he to will have to play it simple and work his magic if anything has to happen to T&T.

Jones not to impressive, for a strong player he plays to lazy and fights with the ball at his feet to much.

Players who didn't play yesterday like Sancho, Spann (once fit), Glen, Wise, Scotland, Hislop and Cox are decent subs players.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
T&T are Worthy Warriors (Wales Match Analysis)
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 05:34:38 AM »
Trinidad are worthy warriors
By Roy Collins at the UPC Arena, Austria
(Filed: 28/05/2006)

Telegraph.co.uk

Wales (1) 2 Trindiad and Tobago (1) 1

Trinidad and Tobago are considered the least troublesome opponents that England will face in the group stages of the World Cup, which is presumably why Sven-Goran Eriksson, a man who will normally accept an invitation to an international game as swiftly as a call to take tea with Roman Abramovich, saw no reason to swap his Regents Park home for the tiny UPC Arena here in Graz.

But as limited as Trinidad might be with a team drawn mostly from the Championship and even lower down English football's food chain, they will have impressed on the spy sent on Sven's behalf that they are a side deserving anyone's respect, albeit that they suffered a cruel, late defeat in Austria, surrendering a sucker goal to Welsh striker Robert Earnshaw. Despite that, as you would expect of a outfit managed by the respected Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker, Trinidad played neat, controlled football and displayed a spirit that makes them much more than the sum of their parts.

None was more impressive than Port Vale's Christopher Birchall
, the only white man in the side, whose industry and energetic running deserved the goal that ought to have crowned a fine second-half run. And Stern John of Coventry, who scored the opening goal, showed that he will need no second invitation if he gets a clear sight of Paul Robinson's goal in Germany.

This being football rather than cricket, the sport for which Trinidad is more famous, there was no gentle calypso music to herald the team's entrance but the harsh, pounding rhythm of Soca, the leitmotif of the Soca Warriors, with its uncompromising lyric that "this is not football, this is war". There was also the hint of a steel drum in a corner of the more than half-empty 15,000-seat stadium. But given the circumstances and the fact that the match was played in the lazy, early evening sunlight, the Trinidad players were forced to march to their own drumbeat against a Wales side itching to join two of their more illustrious missing team-mates on their summer holidays.

Craig Bellamy was allowed to leave the squad to prepare for his wedding in a couple of weeks' time, preceded by a stag night that, on his previous form, might end up decorating the front page of the News Of The World, while Ryan Giggs did what he usually does when a friendly match presents its ugly head, went to ground clutching one of his hamstrings.

Against rivals who might soon be washing up on one of their own Tobago beaches, Trinidad could have been excused for showing less urgency than in a pick-up game on the Port of Spain Savannah, the giant parkland where so many of their sporting heroes have taken their first strides. But to their credit, they knuckled down to what, for them, is serious World Cup preparation with some crisp passing movements.

Birchall, playing like a man at the start of the season rather than the fag end of it, was at the heart of most of their moves and it was his free-kick from wide on the left that allowed John to slot his side into a 20th minute lead.

Within seconds, however, Trinidad lost centre-half Marvin Andrews to injury and, while their defence was still trying to readjust, Earnshaw equalised for Wales and celebrated with enough handsprings to suggest that he had just scored in a World Cup final. Like Giggs, though demonstrating it in a completely opposite way, he does not do friendlies.

Trinidad also had to make the most of every minute they were on the pitch since the referee, who failed to add on stoppage time at the end of either half, had been told that the game had to finish on the dot of 8pm local time since Dutch TV, who were transmitting it, had to clear the decks for the Holland game.

Showing himself to have more in common with Eriksson than we thought, Wales manager John Toshack made four changes at half-time, including taking off debutant goalkeeper Jason Brown from Gillingham and handing out another new cap to Leyton Orient's Glyn Garner.

Trinidad maintained their tempo, and even raised it a little, while making their own whirl of second-half substitutions and really ought to have found a winner - John, Birchall and substitute Russell Latapy all driving shots wide. But the final minutes notwithstanding, the Warriors will be satisfied with their evening's work.
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toshack concerned despite victory
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 10:14:16 AM »
BBC Sport

Wales manager John Toshack said he drew positives and negatives from the 2-1 friendly win with Trinidad & Tobago.
He said: "The result was better than the performance, but we can be pleased with the inclusion of the youngsters.
"We finished the match with seven Under-21 players out there, but we gave the ball away far too often and caused ourselves unnecessary problems.
"Every ball that's gone up front has come straight back at us. We're are own worst enemy in that respect."
Toshack gave debuts to goalkeeper Jason Brown, Glyn Garner, Aaron Davies and Gareth Bale.
Fellow Under-21 players Lewin Nyatanga, Andrew Crofts and Craig Davies came off the bench to join Joe Ledley as Wales finished the game with their youngest ever side.
Bale set up Robert Earnshaw for Wales' late winner, and Toshack said: "He can be very pleased with his performance, and his part in the winning goal.
"We have been very impressed with him while he has been with us, there is a lot more to come from him but that was certainly a great start.
"We had Bale who is 16, Joe Ledley 19 and Lewin Nyatanga 17 playing down the left.
"And they did not look out of place, those three have been a real bonus for us."

::) ::) ::) Losing tuh dis This shit team is what givning man satisfaction?

Dey have tuh step it up BIG time or else is real embarrassment

TT doh worry so sah.....Is jus ah practice session. Beenie wukin de scenarios.

Doh put more meaning to de result than neccessary. ;)
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 10:48:36 AM »
I saw this match on Saturday....
It was a very poor display by both teams.....
TNT need to improve a whole lot to trouble the big boyz.

1]; } ?>