April 20, 2024, 01:09:39 AM

Author Topic: Where the warm up games  (Read 3229 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Where the warm up games
« on: March 05, 2005, 03:40:04 PM »
Go T&T[/color][/b][/size]

Time for some games.  We hadda get Theobald out on that field.  Let him make his mistakes early so the coaches can correct it.

I hope we doh hear that Honduras game get cancelled last minute cuz it sounding shaky.
And I not hearing bout the locals playing any games...just training.
Maybe they playing 11 vs. 11 in training?

They supposed to be in top match fitness if they training right through up till the game if they have good intensity in training.

Bertille leaving, Nahkid not there....hope the reamining coaches have everything covered.  Maybe Lincoln could help out....especially with them Williams boys.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 07:05:58 PM by Tallman »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Where the warm up games
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 09:29:30 AM »

Which players coming for that Honduras game.

Some that I not sure if they will be there or ready to play:

Cornell Glenn
Marlon Rojas
Marvin Andrews (CIS Cup final a few days before)
Clayton Ince
Denzil Theobald

I not hearing anything much in the news at all about our preparations....a bit worrying but maybe the reporteres working overtime on the cricket.
These two next games are huge for us so this apparent lack of urgent preparations making me wonder if we not setting ourselves up.

Well, maybe things going on behind the scene but I doh know too much bout that.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:12:05 AM »
hopefully we will hear something once Bertille come back from his "strategic" vacation across the Atlantic.
But I agree it very worrying with the lack of practice we getting.  All I waiting for now is the announcement that the Honduras match get cancelled, since there is no news about it.  I almost feel as though we decide to treat the Guatemala match as a warm up for Costa Rica!  Hope I am wrong.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 10:54:50 AM »
Would someone please remeind me why bertile went to england again? i heard it was to talk to some of the senior players about stragegy for the next game and about the strategies employed in the game against the USA. but tell me...does bruce arena travel to england to talk to  carlos bocanegra and brian mcbride, or to germany to talk to donavan, or to holand to talk to beasely?  and while i`m at it, does sven travel to spain to talk to owen and beckham about strategy for de next game? c`mon bertile, what is really going on? i am waiting to be corrected!  ???
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 03:53:57 PM »
i myself amazed at that reason.  i could only assume it is more of a scouting trip, maybe check on men like sam, lawrence see how well edwards doing etc see if any players we could draft. 
why he went and wactch stern play i have no idea, he pretty much know stern already and what he can or cannot do. 
or maybe bertille just went for some R and R

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 04:26:08 PM »
ive been asking this question for a while now. one game is not enough. the full sqaud hafta be together for a game or 2. ttff better announce something soon.
Hart for president

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 04:53:26 PM »

They supposed to be in top match fitness if they training right through up till the game if they have good intensity in training.

I can't see them getting match fitness unless they are playing top level, high intensity games, training is unlikely to do it.

ive been asking this question for a while now. one game is not enough. the full sqaud hafta be together for a game or 2. ttff better announce something soon.

We have to hope that something is being worked out but I don't how how likely it will be that we will have the full squad together for two practice games. To be fair the TTFF has done a decent job of finding games this time around although the quality of opposition hasn't been great. This Honduras game should be a very good test, but only if they learn things. It seems that we are playing practice games and after every game saying that "it was just a practice" and not addressing flaws.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 06:06:04 PM »
for reel where are these games the pro season is off so our local based are notplaying any regular football.They need to play continuous frendlies but againts harder oppositon than antiuga and hati .get out players strong in quick.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 11:25:19 PM »
As expected the Hondurans cancelled the match.
Check they playing the US on Friday I think.

I didn't trust them and don't think it have anything to do with the Gold Cup.

I guess it is like Jamaica giving Guatemala a warm up before they play us....could happen but less likely.

Steupse.....so who we playing now?  Big camp in Miami and we playing.....

1]; } ?>