April 29, 2024, 07:20:10 AM

Author Topic: Which team beat the Sando Tech bomb squad with Latas, Faustin, Leonson etc?  (Read 6876 times)

Offline goodfootball171267

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
OK This is it ... thanks for jogging my memory ...
1.  SAINTS draw with Sando Tech in 1986.
2.  That year 1986 Saints win North Zone League & Intercol, 3rd in National Intercol & 4th in Big 7.
3.  Colin last season with Saints was 1985 ... that year Saints and John D had great rivalry in the North Zone.
4.  John D last year in North Zone was 1985. 

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
OK This is it ... thanks for jogging my memory ...
1.  SAINTS draw with Sando Tech in 1986.
2.  That year 1986 Saints win North Zone League & Intercol, 3rd in National Intercol & 4th in Big 7.
3.  Colin last season with Saints was 1985 ... that year Saints and John D had great rivalry in the North Zone.
4.  John D last year in North Zone was 1985. 

sando tech didnt play in 1986...jog yuh memory ah lil more..pres won everything in south in 1986..benedict's came 2nd in south intercol and i think fyzabad was 2nd in the league (i not sure)...but fuh sure there was no sando tech...
that st marys game might have been in 1985 if it really happened...#2, 3, and 4 are correct.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It was in 1985. I was repeating form 5 so it was easy to run away. As a repeater you could have gotten out of school easier.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok ... i understand we narrow it down to 1985 or 1986.  But i still say it is 1986 because the game against sando tech was the first game in the big 7 series ... we draw that one, arima beat we, pres beat we, we beat tobago and i can't remember the other teams.  Boy i need some help here, my sanity at stake.

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Leonson Lewis was at Naparima College in 1985. I was in Form 1 and also played for Naps in Form 4 and 5. David Mohammed who also played cricket at one point for Trinidad was on that team. Feroza Mohammed (aka cockhead) was the goal keeper. Slim also played on that team, excellent table tennis player in Oxford club. Glepp and Dwarika I also remember as well as Toussaint. This team did an excellent job when the paly against Sando Tech in which Latas played and rocked and I mean rocked the bar. That shot I will always remember as i never see anyone else done it like that.
Roy Jagroopasingh managed the team.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok ... i understand we narrow it down to 1985 or 1986.  But i still say it is 1986 because the game against sando tech was the first game in the big 7 series ... we draw that one, arima beat we, pres beat we, we beat tobago and i can't remember the other teams.  Boy i need some help here, my sanity at stake.

u head hard or what?... ;D....i am 100% sure it was in 1985..after sando tech win it in 1985, technical schools were banned from the CFL..check this website and u will see that sando tech won in 1985.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
madness right, sando and John D stop after 1985 so it couldn't be 86,
-pres and eldo rule in 86.
-Maybe they draw Arima in the drome so maybe a replay ?? but sando beat arima twice in the HC. for sure
1st game was all sando
2nd game arima hit them early and then faustin end it.
i was in form 1 going to both games with my older brother.

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
LOL!  OK OK OK it was 1985.  Thanks, i will need to check my mathematics from now on!

1]; } ?>