What do you think about this banner?

Innocent sporting rivalry
1 (33.3%)
A little inappropriate, just fine the club and done
1 (33.3%)
Totally unacceptable, heads most roll (no pun intended), lifetime ban for fans
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: The Hooligan Thread  (Read 19978 times)

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hooligans at the World Cup....Priceless!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 05:48:06 AM »
I didn't see the programme, but there is a lot of talk about it on the boards.

I find it a shame in to ways. It's a shame that these idiots still exist. I blame the welfare system, it means that people like this are able to breed, if we took away their welfare they wouldn't have kids and future generations would be protected.

It's also a shame that a TV crew are so desperate to create a documentary they need to give these idiots publicity, still, a documentray about the 350,000 fans who behaved themselves and had a good time would be boring.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 06:35:37 AM »
Sooo...yuh sayin dem is not de kinda fellahs ah 'redtrinigirl' would invite home to meet mummy and tantie and dem right?  ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 06:38:56 AM »

I find it a shame in to ways. It's a shame that these idiots still exist. I blame the welfare system, it means that people like this are able to breed, if we took away their welfare they wouldn't have kids and future generations would be protected.

It's also a shame that a TV crew are so desperate to create a documentary they need to give these idiots publicity, still, a documentray about the 350,000 fans who behaved themselves and had a good time would be boring.

True boy, I saw they had lil 8 and 10 year olds singing their yob songs and joining in the cursing and ting. They are bringing up yet another generation of hooligans.

But one thing though. These hooligans seem to come from the lowest reachest of middle england. They are obviously either uneducated, or barely so. So their job prospectscannot be that good. Not to mention that the places where these people come from are usually the lowest paying regions in the UK.

So how come they could afford to go abroad, and fight and get on bad, EVERY time england playing abroad? Where are they getting the money from? They don't seem to be the type to save religiously waiting to travel every two years.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 06:40:12 AM »
Sooo...yuh sayin dem is not de kinda fellahs ah 'redtrinigirl' would invite home to meet mummy and tantie and dem right?  ;)

Dutty, doh start meh, yuh hear!....lol ;D

Definitely not walking dat across the street, much less bring home.

gives Love.

[

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 06:40:29 AM »
Most likely these type of people dont go on holiday anywhere...probably some caravan park..so they could get the money from their benefits.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 06:54:50 AM »
While it may seem these characters are uneducated these "attacks" are usually well orchestrated.

May I suggest a book called...How Soccer explains the world an unlikely theory of globalization by Franklin Foer.

Check out the few opening chapters are see how well educated these groups are, and how they are used by the government, political groups, businessmen etc. to do their dirty work.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 07:01:49 AM »

True boy, I saw they had lil 8 and 10 year olds singing their yob songs and joining in the cursing and ting. They are bringing up yet another generation of hooligans.

But one thing though. These hooligans seem to come from the lowest reachest of middle england. They are obviously either uneducated, or barely so. So their job prospectscannot be that good. Not to mention that the places where these people come from are usually the lowest paying regions in the UK.

So how come they could afford to go abroad, and fight and get on bad, EVERY time england playing abroad? Where are they getting the money from? They don't seem to be the type to save religiously waiting to travel every two years.

Maybe they are being funded by Iran and Syria.... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 07:02:23 AM »
ha... I lived with them.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2006, 07:20:39 AM »

that's kind of my point. Take away their welfare and they can neither breed or travel.

(For the record, I am not a right wing biggot, I appreciate some people genuinely need welfare, but that should be to survive, not to travel europe causing trouble)

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2006, 07:22:54 AM »
an interesting, if somewhat alarming article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3693885.stm

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 07:35:13 AM »
I have my theories onthe whole hooliganism thing. It is similar to the ward rivalry that takes place in spain. It's just as fierce there.

Maybe as civilization took precedence over the years, the need for war between rival tribes and clans went out the door. Some of these tendancies may still be in the blood of certain descendants, and they have to find some way to express this need for fighting. I mean, it's not like they have to fight over land, grazing territory for their herds, women, water holes, etc. So they "clan up" behind their football clubs, and use it as an excuse to have their rivalry and fights.

Yes, crazy I know, but what else explains it?  :-\

gives Love.

[

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 07:56:48 AM »

Wait nah...I thought all hooligans are in the 18-25 range

You mean to tell me big hard back old men in their 30's trying to play hooligan??

Why dem fellahs doh stay home and drink tea or tend their garden or someting
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 08:01:46 AM »

Wait nah...I thought all hooligans are in the 18-25 range

You mean to tell me big hard back old men in their 30's trying to play hooligan??

Why dem fellahs doh stay home and drink tea or tend their garden or someting

:rotfl:

Boy, on the show last night, was nuff "ex-hooligan" men was giving interviews. Men in they forties and ting. I didn't realise it had retirement plan for hooligans. ;D

gives Love.

[

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »
There was a spate of books last year written by "Ex-Holligans". the one that springs to mind was Rolling with the 6:57, because it was about the Portsmouth hooligan element.

Portsmouth has had more then their fair share of hooligans in the past and to an extent we still have them. After the derby with Southampton at Fratton Park in 2004 there was a riot after the game and something like 100 arrests were made.

The ages of thise arested varied, but the alarming thing, is that kids as young as 12 were given banning orders. Mainly for things like throwing bricks at police. In the Police report afterwards, it mentioned how most of these kids were being encouraged by older, middle aged people who should have known better.

Thankfully there has been no repeat of this since, but I still see youngsters who would like to copy their forebears and start up their own "Crew".

Offline Ocky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2006, 05:57:05 PM »

But the highlight for me was when the program spoke about what the games should be about and how fans should behave. Guess who were used as the example of the perfect fans? You guessed it – Soca Warriors fans! Yeah!!!!!!!!

They had a piece on the cricket match between the Warrior Nation and the England Fans, as well as highlights of the mini carnival through Nuremburg, and of trini fans feting after the matches. Take a bow my people. We are now the yard stick by which football fans’ behaviour will be judged.

I need to correct a few mistaken things that have been written here, although I do agree that this programme did highlight a few problems that we have. Firstly we need to distinguish between the term British and English, they are not the same thing. Secondly they also stated that 99% of English people attended the World Cup and did do as the slogan stated 'a time to make friends'. If you use the Home Office figures for the amount of English people who travelled to Germany, they quote a figure of 350,000, then that's a lot of people enjoying themselves and behaving peacefully.

Thirdly the whole programme was a biased and misrepresentation of what happened in Germany and has provoked quite rightly a stream of protests. If the undercover crew were that good then how come they managed to get themselves arrested and locked up with the rest of the so called hooligans?? And how come the only people they interviewed in Germany were some young teenagers from Huddersfield who came in a gang of 3??

If you must poke fun at the English football supporters then please get your facts right first. In the programme they showed the cricket match, they also showed English fans attending a school in Cologne to make friends with the schoolchildren and they also showed another group of England fans  attending the Documentation Centre in Nuremberg and discussing the centre with the Chief Scientist to help understand how Nazism grew in that part of Germany.  Now I've watched this programme 4 times, I was interviewed for the documentary as well and I've yet to find any commentary that says that the Socca Warriors are the example of how we should behave. How come you are the yard stick by which we should be measured?

If you really are interested then heres the link;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/programmes/panorama/default.stm

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2006, 08:56:43 PM »
me eh know nuh
but to leave home with intent to cuff ah man in he face and possibly get meh teeth lick out jes doh seem like entertainment to me

Més que un club.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2006, 03:24:42 AM »
why were the German police "Shocked" at the England fans for singing about the war? it's something that always happens when ever we play Germany "Two world wars and one world cup". We conveniently forget the fact that they have won the world cup more than us and beaten us pretty consistently since, but lets not let facts get in the way eh?

We also sing "If it wasn't for the English you'd be krauts" to the Dutch and "what's it like to lose a war to the Argies".

I've never really thought about the pros and cons of it before, but I would be interested to hear the thoughts of a "Neutral".

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2006, 03:32:23 AM »
A neutral would probably say sport and politics shouldn't mix...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2006, 05:15:35 AM »
A neutral would probably say sport and politics shouldn't mix...

indeed it shouldn't, but it nearly always does.

Celtic v Rangers and Roma v Lazio as simple examples.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2006, 05:36:37 AM »
I have to say that the program was not like portrayed in the first post. At no pint did the commentator use us as an example of how fans should behave. They were actually using the cricket match to highlight how the offical england supporters club are trying to project a positive image. As I constantly remind people there were 100,000 - 150,000 english supporters there and at most (the steps part) there were about 200-300 idiots thats about .02 - .03 % of the fans.

I was in Nuremberg and experienced no problems nor did any in of our group about 50-60 nor did i see anything ! The only fights I saw were Dutch fans fighting with Germans in Frankfurt so that shows how isolated these incidents can be.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2006, 01:47:22 PM »

that's kind of my point. Take away their welfare and they can neither breed or travel.

(For the record, I am not a right wing biggot, I appreciate some people genuinely need welfare, but that should be to survive, not to travel europe causing trouble)
So they does use thee money to travel to make trouble wah thee ass is this? So is like man from thee Beatom saving they money to go Tobago to start fight for ah football game match! Am I missing something here?  ??? Them must be reale stupid! I never went England right but I never thought It had low down people like that out they an in such large amounts. I'm not a racist ok.. is the majority white,black people or mixed? ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
*GREEN STREET HOLLIGANS* football movie
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2006, 12:46:13 PM »
I jus watch GREEN STREET HOLLIGANS with meh boy FRODO (elijah wood). Is a really good football movie based in England. It's bout West Hamm United's "firm" (group of football holligans/supporters)
Anyof allyuh ever see this?
Do them english teams really have firms?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:06:05 PM by johnny_ringo »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: *GREEN STREET HOLLIGANS* football movie
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2006, 12:50:07 PM »
that show wicked.  I see it a couple months ago.  The football vibe real sweet in the show.

Regarding "firms", yeah man.  I hear plenty about that kinda thing.  I remember back in the day when Milwall was playing big football that people used to fraid to go in there to suppost their team.  The stadium was called The Den I believe.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
Re: Green Street Hooligans
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2006, 04:31:17 PM »
DId anyone actually click de " green street " link ting at the top.... :-\ :angel:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2006, 05:46:11 PM »
DId anyone actually click de " green street " link ting at the top.... :-\ :angel:

i now click on de blasted link

sam yuh ketch meh again ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2006, 07:19:10 PM »
de movie real good.it shows how de english really love they football,also havin ah reputation and an image to uphold.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2006, 07:39:01 PM »
Yeah good movie. You really have to luv football to enjoy this movie.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2006, 07:53:25 PM »
what shyt allyuh does be talkin boy

stupessssssssss

that movie aint have shyt to do with football

one or two clips ah football and pure fight

yuh have to love fight to lke that movie
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 06:31:21 AM »
Saying Green Street (Or football factory for that matter) is about football is like saying the Warriors is a New York tourist information film.

These films show an era that has long since passed. Watch if you will, but don't think Football in England is like this

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2006, 06:54:06 AM »
what shyt allyuh does be talkin boy

stupessssssssss

that movie aint have shyt to do with football

one or two clips ah football and pure fight

yuh have to love fight to lke that movie

well arrite..and sam self is de man give it two thumbs up

1]; } ?>