April 29, 2024, 02:16:52 PM

Author Topic: soca warriors not reachin 2nd round.  (Read 9919 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
soca warriors not reachin 2nd round.
« on: May 31, 2006, 02:10:19 PM »
while watchin this game i can safely conclude we eh reachin no final 16.yuh could pray to allah,mother lakhmi,jehovah,papa boia or jah.we must stop foolin ourself or livin in fool's paradise,as a team de warriors are not ready to advance.all i can hope for, they come away with lots of experience and some contracts and start preparin for 2010.let this be the trial and error steppinstone.at this point in preparations,we should have been like a well oiled machine.yes we have one or two magical moments,but this is de big dance,sorry to say,we are not ready.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: soca warriors not reachin 2nd round.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »
ok....  we were never on the cards for reaching second round but believe me if we preform to the best level which we can  there is no reason y we cant reach second tround

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 02:12:38 PM »
thank you sm!!! a whole setta negative threads.
where the true soca warriors??????

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 02:15:05 PM »
hello....as i have said before, nothing pessimistic etc.

Just making it to the WC is reason enough to celebrate.

all who have these high expectations of beating England, Sweden adn Paraguay and advancing to the round of 16 smoking crap.

Can it happen?

Absolutely.

Is it likely?

hell no!

And I have been saying this way before we even kick one ball in preparation!

Oh brother..get real people.

its not hating its realistic!

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 02:17:55 PM »
As a practice game Sir Beenie will know what to work on ... i think its more mental lapses than anything else ... men getting too frustrated ...but wah allyuh expect in camp about a month ... the boys needed this defeat to put things in perspective ... better now when thhere is time to recoperate than later when there is no time.  ah still keepin de faith becasue JW not taking back tickets  ;D
Snake in de balliser

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 02:18:19 PM »
The FACT that we reach is ENOUGH for me
One small ass country that half dey world didn't know bout, is taking part in the GREATEST Game on earth.
Whether we get kick out in dey first round or actually make it to dey second, we CREATED history.
Check out the other countries that didn't.

ah done

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 02:18:40 PM »
After watching de game against Peru, Wales and now Slovenia.................anybody who expect we to reach second round nuh watching the same team....................i doh care wha anybody say bout playing to dey best ability..............in de 3 games played recently i yet to see any kinda convincing performance

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 02:20:45 PM »
As a practice game Sir Beenie will know what to work on ... i think its more mental lapses than anything else ... men getting too frustrated ...but wah allyuh expect in camp about a month ... the boys needed this defeat to put things in perspective ... better now when thhere is time to recoperate than later when there is no time.  ah still keepin de faith becasue JW not taking back tickets  ;D
We need to be realistic and realize that it is TALENT or lack therof that is causing our poor performances. The defenders are just not good enough; today's game shows this.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 02:22:02 PM »
it not being negative is called being realistic.  anybody who could watch his team and think we reaching second round jus plain crazy.  As fans we supporting we team thru thick and thin but at some point yuh have to start looking at the team without de patriotic glasses.  De truth is dat our team just not good unuff to compete with de teams that we will be facing.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 02:22:32 PM »
truetrini and bounty it eh have nothin pessimistic or negative about this thread,it is practical.doh get me wrong i want them reach as far as possible but after today,yuh have to be plain dotish to tink 2nd is an attainable goal.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 02:22:42 PM »
Anything is possible. Lots of teams go lose they friendlies and still make it to 16.  Lets not call Beenie sir. lets wait until he earns it.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
fellas need to relax man.  We have a week to patch some holes.  If we do, great.  If we don't, it was a nice ride.

All the talk about waggonists this and waggonists that regarding when men sign up on this board, and the same time men who here long time and consider themselves die hards crying down the team when we in a lil rough patch.

Where all my TRUE Warriors and them?

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »
we right here man.  we just taking in the scene cool and quiet.   like ppl fuhget that we arrive in the dance late late, like cinderella.   2nd round...that is a bonus, that like meeting the prince' winning the cup go be like marrying him and living happily ever after.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »
by tonight men will find the faith again, everybody just bitter for now, understandable

as was mentioned before, the Czech game is game we should really use to highlight our strengths and work on our shortcomings

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 02:31:36 PM »
fellas need to relax man.  We have a week to patch some holes.  If we do, great.  If we don't, it was a nice ride.

All the talk about waggonists this and waggonists that regarding when men sign up on this board, and the same time men who here long time and consider themselves die hards crying down the team when we in a lil rough patch.

Where all my TRUE Warriors and them?
jay youth at this stage yuh cyar patch hole and iron out rough patch.in life is yes and no, black and white.it eh have time for maybe and i eh tink so.but like yuh say,is ah nice ride.

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
waggonists!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 02:34:36 PM »
Now i dont really like that word,to me once u is a supporter that is what counts. but it is very frustrating that everytime we have a bad game, people here does begin acting irrational and stupid.
Withen 5 minutes of d game ending, people making threads and comments about shaka career over, about benching stern john. please give it a rest.
I know everyone emotional but it seems sum people here cant wait for ah man to do bad, so they could criticize. that sh*t is definetly getting old, could we start acting like real supporters and not waggonists!!!!!!
thank you

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 02:36:35 PM »
Anything is possible. Lots of teams go lose they friendlies and still make it to 16.  Lets not call Beenie sir. lets wait until he earns it.

What more the man hadda do?
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 02:43:14 PM »
hello....as i have said before, nothing pessimistic etc.

Just making it to the WC is reason enough to celebrate.

all who have these high expectations of beating England, Sweden adn Paraguay and advancing to the round of 16 smoking crap.

Can it happen?

Absolutely.

Is it likely?

hell no!

And I have been saying this way before we even kick one ball in preparation!

Oh brother..get real people.

its not hating its realistic!

If i may add to this some one call i95.5 and asked leo what are our chances were of making it to the second round if we were to come up against germany ,france etc. Leo replied we made it let enjoy it etcetc. BTW this was about in september october
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »
truetrini and bounty it eh have nothin pessimistic or negative about this thread,it is practical.doh get me wrong i want them reach as far as possible but after today,yuh have to be plain dotish to tink 2nd is an attainable goal.

i eh accusing you ah nutten breds.
ios de rest ah dem

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 02:46:35 PM »
WE WILL CARRY ON

WE NOT GIVING UP

WE GOING 2ND ROUNDS

GO WARRIORS
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 02:47:18 PM »
doh worry we making the second round cause Beenie go have them running drills like they in the frakking Regiment

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 02:51:19 PM »
doh worry we making the second round cause Beenie go have them running drills like they in the frakking Regiment

I like that :rotfl:
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 02:51:51 PM »
I love T&T just as much as everbody here... In fact I feel I love T&T more than anyone else. But loving yuh country and being realistic is 2 completely different tings. I want us to beat England Sweden and Paraguay, but will we and I quote truetrini...

Can it happen?

Absolutely.

Is it likely?

hell no!

The amazing ting is how some men does get carried away after we qualify .... Oh ah wish we coulda be in the same group as Brazil...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 02:55:30 PM »
I love T&T just as much as everbody here... In fact I feel I love T&T more than anyone else. But loving yuh country and being realistic is 2 completely different tings. I want us to beat England Sweden and Paraguay, but will we and I quote truetrini...

Can it happen?

Absolutely.

Is it likely?

hell no!

The amazing ting is how some men does get carried away after we qualify .... Oh ah wish we coulda be in the same group as Brazil...
^^^True Stories
Everyone should just forward to the WC and take one game at a time instead of panicking about the next!
Otherwise everyone gonna be vex IF TNT get knock out early and not the enjoy the fact the team made it to the biggest competition on earth

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 03:15:43 PM »
Wha all de pessimism bout dread, all yuh men startin to sound like friggin people who were crticizin d team a year ago, When Germany was nothin but a Dream. How many men were sayin at that time to be realistic and stop focussin on Germany and look towards 2010. wHEY D FLICK WE GOIN NOW EH BITC#$

WE GOING GERMA - FLICKIN - NY
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 03:24:11 PM »
Wha all de pessimism bout dread, all yuh men startin to sound like friggin people who were crticizin d team a year ago, When Germany was nothin but a Dream. How many men were sayin at that time to be realistic and stop focussin on Germany and look towards 2010. wHEY D FLICK WE GOIN NOW EH BITC#$

relax breddrin,all ah we here wearin drawers,we is men.a year ago i know we was reachin germany,but we talkin bout de final 16.the top 2 from each group.rite now them boys playing for last place.if they lucky we go end up 3rd in de group.keep ah cool head bredda.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 03:38:42 PM »

relax breddrin,all ah we here wearin drawers,we is men.a year ago i know we was reachin germany,but we talkin bout de final 16.the top 2 from each group.rite now them boys playing for last place.if they lucky we go end up 3rd in de group.keep ah cool head bredda.

Im an optimistic person by nature, I believe we will go to the 2nd round despite what u or anyone else think. I can't change ur opinion and u cyah change mine. We go hadda agree to dis agree. Call me me unrealistic or jus plain stupid but dats d way i am. It has never failed me yet. Bless!  :beermug:

Ah go say it again
Faith - The substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT YET SEEN
[/b]
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »

Im an optimistic person by nature, I believe we will go to the 2nd round despite what u or anyone else think. I can't change ur opinion and u cyah change mine. We go hadda agree to dis agree. Call me me unrealistic or jus plain stupid but dats d way i am. It has never failed me yet. Bless!  :beermug:

Ah go say it again
Faith - The substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT YET SEEN
[/b]
ah really wish i had your optimism,ah woulda get all de gyul.with all dis optimisim,yuh bussin drawers.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 03:54:05 PM »
Steups. As i said.....we COULD reach. Every team that plays in a World Cup can. However it not expected of us......so we dont have that to live up to. That however is not to say that it is beyond our potential. This is football.....and a lot can happen in 270 minutes. A second round place can be as easy as 4 points......and again.......this is football.....any team can get 4 points from 3 games. If de supposed favorites could never be beaten by underdogs....they wouldnt have a World Cup.....just a presentation ceremony for Brazil every four years. Hope for the best.......and prepare for the worst.....this way....you get no suprises.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »
why not ?

its 11 v 11 in each game -- correct me if i am wrong.

take one game at a time and anything possible.

I seen many teams win friendlies and then crash out early. ANd i have sen lose friendlies before the world cup go all the way.

we have the potential... have you forgetten yorkies record ?... lapaty vision and skill .... stern's goal scoring... and all the rest of the guys.  they all gonna perform at the highest level and PROVE themselves. Beenie is welding together a TEAM that we can be proud of!!

1]; } ?>