August 31, 2024, 09:47:04 PM

Author Topic: How it go look  (Read 3007 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How it go look
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:58:02 AM »
Right now the man on the team who playing with the most passion and commitment is Birchall. The man fighting for everything, even with the opponents! If this happens in the WC, what will it tell the world about us as a people? Why cant other other players show that level of passion and commitment? Ah aint expecting miracles, just blood, sweat and tears for when in the T&T colours.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How it go look
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 05:07:06 AM »
You're absolutely right,the desire and passion could be seen without a doubt,this makes me angry at times because,  the rest of the team playing like is no big deal or doh worry there's always tomorrow,and when the next day arrives, is the same story birchall birchall birchall birchal.l     

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 06:24:58 AM »
Most Trinbigonian players are too relaxed...too easy going....too timid. I have notice that with a lot of our players. We need to acquire a "never say die, until die" attitude. For the english (and it might be ok to say the rest of europe) players naturally play with heart and desire. They play until the final whistle blows; regardless the score. I am not making this statement in light of what happen in our last two warm up games. I am speaking in general. Not taking anything away from our national team; we are the soca warriors but we don't play like true warriors in most instances.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:25:59 AM »
Right now the man on the team who playing with the most passion and commitment is Birchall. The man fighting for everything, even with the opponents! If this happens in the WC, what will it tell the world about us as a people? Why cant other other players show that level of passion and commitment? Ah aint expecting miracles, just blood, sweat and tears for when in the T&T colours.

:-[

That's so, so true. I was thinking about that when I was watching the highlights last night - Birchall fights for the ball, doesn't hesistate, shoots - and usually scores. He (and to an extent, Samuel) is definitely showing that Warrior spirit - Kingman I agree, the rest of the 'warriors' aren't at all living up to their nicknames.
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 07:52:23 AM »
Its a different type of ball caribbean play to europe, our players grew up playing this way. that will only change thru time as new generations come tru. but its tru we r far to relax and we cant do dat in the wc.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »
What happen is dat they feel they reach, when the coach was still cutting everybody was playing harder, but i feel some of them trying to avoid injuries, what is to be will be always give your best and trust in your creator.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:20:17 AM »
i only see a little bit of the wales game, but everything ah read pointing to the fact that men playing with a laid back style, some men making excuse(probably valid)about them being just warm-up games...yo! i find everybody should try to adopt freddie ljunberg style, da man does play as if every ball he get, is de last ball he getting, if he lorse it....well bredda, he ketchin ato to win it back...yeah ah know realistically everyman ha dey own style but oh gosh man, when ah read that 'me mum" is one ah de only men showing dat 'fight' it does grieve meh heart....c'mon fellahs pick it up ah f$#@ing notch.....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 09:24:21 AM »
yeah i think some of them trying to avoid injuries,but that itself can cause injuries

Offline TTFAn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 10:06:56 AM »
I hate to say it, but the same things that make us great people to be around, a great country to live in and fantastic country to grow up in are the same things that tend to leave us lacking when qualities such as doggedness (sp?) and determination are critical. Talent and flair come natually to us but sticktoitiveness and application are things we have to learn.

(I know I painting with a broad brush, and there are plenty exceptions but its truth)

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 11:16:02 AM »
Yes i know, Yorkie plays with a big smile and he looks relaxed. And he won nothing .. EXCEPT for the friggin European Cup, FA Cup and Premiership... in one season !!! And this team & Beenie won nothing .. reality ycheck...EXCEPT  they got to the World Cup.Yes team needs to prepare and is preparing...they gonna work real hard - harder than they thought possible... and do well. Beenie and the boys has a plan...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 03:28:56 PM »
Fellas need to wake up.  Yuh what never say die does do.  It have Stevie Gerrard stock real high now.  De man gone from solid , above above-average player to amazing after the FA Cup final.  He is the epitomy of never say die.  Sorry to say it, cause we have to face it.  I want us to learn from him, but not on the day of the game.  Men sleep walking right now, and that talk about trying to avoid injuries is shit.  Every gaame could be your last, so you have to play like that.

1]; } ?>