April 25, 2024, 04:57:17 PM

Author Topic: Warner makes young kids wish come true.  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner makes young kids wish come true.
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »
Warner makes young kids wish come true.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has made a World Cup dream come true for two teenage England football fans. Matthew Arding, 17, and Stefan Shepherd, 16, will be in Nuremberg on June 15 to watch David Beckham and Company in action against Trinidad and Tobago  thanks to Mr Warner’s intervention. Both boys contacted the Bournemouth based charity, Round Table Children’s Wish, who make wishes come true for children with life-threatening illnesses, requesting to see England play in the World Cup Finals. RTCW officials had no luck acquiring tickets when they contacted the English FA and were running out of hope.
But their prayers were answered when they got in touch with Mike Berry, who acts as the international relations consultant for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation. Mr Berry swiftly made the boys’ plight known to Warner who immediately arranged for four tickets to be made available to Matthew, Stefan and their dads. Stefan, who lives in Nottingham, was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when he was two months old and underwent a liver transplant when he was 10.
When hearing the news that he was going to Germany, Stefan said: “I am very excited. I have not seen England play before and I am looking forward to seeing my favourite player, Frank Lampard.” His father Ian added: “his is like winning the lottery and I can’t thank Mr Warner enough for giving Stefan this one-in-a-million chance to see England play in the World Cup Finals. “We’re both Nottingham Forest fans and will be looking forward to seeing Trinidad striker Stern John again because he once played for Forest but we will be supporting England.” Matthew, who lives in Southampton, was diagnosed with Bilateral Retinoblastoma in both eyes, which is an inherited form of eye cancer that appears in the retina. He has lost one eye and has only partial sight in the other. He said: “I didn’t know anything like this was going to happen.
When my family told me yesterday I thought it was a wind up. “I am very grateful for what Mr Warner and the Round Table Children’s Wish have done because I’ve never had the chance to see England play before.” Paul Arding, father of young Matthew also expressed gratitude for the offer. “Matthew was beaming like a Cheshire cat when we told him the news. We are both really looking forward to the match.” Stuart King, General Secretary of RTCW also praised Warner for his kindness particularly as he was aware of all the other demands for tickets around these times.
“We so very much appreciate what Mr Warner has done for making these wishes comes true for Stefan and Matthew. Without his help these boys would never have got to the World Cup Finals.” The RTCW has been in operation for over 16 years and has now made nearly 1000 wishes come true for children with life-threatening illnesses. Warner is also assisting in ensuring that similar causes are assisted in T&T as the country prepares to extend all its support to the Soca Warriors in Germany.
FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has made a World Cup dream come true for two teenage England football fans.
Matthew Arding, 17, and Stefan Shepherd, 16, will be in Nuremberg on
June 15 to watch David Beckham and Company in action against Trinidad and Tobago thanks to Mr Warner’s intervention.
Both boys contacted the Bournemouth based charity, Round Table Children’s Wish, who make wishes come true for children with life-threatening illnesses, requesting to see England play in the World Cup Finals.
RTCW officials had no luck acquiring tickets when they contacted the English FA and were running out of hope.
But their prayers were answered when they got in touch with Mike Berry, who acts as the international relations consultant for the Trinidad and
Tobago Football Federation.
Mr Berry swiftly made the boys’ plight known to Warner who immediately arranged for four tickets to be made available to Matthew, Stefan and their dads.
Stefan, who lives in Nottingham, was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when he was two months old and underwent a liver transplant when he was 10.
When hearing the news that he was going to Germany, Stefan said: “I am very excited. I have not seen England play before and I am looking forward to seeing my favourite player, Frank Lampard.”
His father Ian added: “his is like winning the lottery and I can’t thank Mr Warner enough for giving Stefan this one-in-a-million chance to see England
 play in the World Cup Finals.
“We’re both Nottingham Forest fans and will be looking forward to seeing Trinidad striker Stern John again because he once played for Forest but we will be supporting England.”
Matthew, who lives in Southampton, was diagnosed with Bilateral Retinoblastoma in both eyes, which is an inherited form of eye cancer
that appears in the retina. He has lost one eye and has only partial sight in the other.
He said: “I didn’t know anything like this was going to happen. When my
family told me yesterday I thought it was a wind up.
“I am very grateful for what Mr Warner and the Round Table Children’s
Wish have done because I’ve never had the chance to see England play
before.”
Paul Arding, father of young Matthew also expressed gratitude for the offer.
“Matthew was beaming like a Cheshire cat when we told him the news. We are both really looking forward to the match.”
Stuart King, General Secretary of RTCW also praised Warner for his kindness particularly as he was aware of all the other demands for tickets around these times.
“We so very much appreciate what Mr Warner has done for making these wishes comes true for Stefan and Matthew. Without his help these boys would never have got to the World Cup Finals.”
The RTCW has been in operation for over 16 years and has now made nearly 1000 wishes come true for children with life-threatening illnesses.
Warner is also assisting in ensuring that similar causes are assisted in T&T as the country prepares to extend all its support to the Soca Warriors in Germany.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner makes young kids wish come true.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 04:53:16 PM »
Thats our man JACk  :beermug:

Jack have plenty jackets, now he get a decent one . The humanitarian Jacket :beermug: Jack like a magaician is only rabbit he pulling out he hat......

His image got a big boost by this move......so now I have to ask . Where my flicking ticket ??? JACK

Good to see our Man Jack making positive news !

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »
I think the reason that tickets taking so long to get to people is cause our ManJack photocopying dem.
When allya reach in de stadium is about 10 people  per seat oui
he did it in 1989 didnt he
:rotfl:

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 05:11:49 PM »
Well Done Jack, Reading this moved me to know they still have good hearted people out there like Jack willing to make the dreams of 2 young boys come true.

Jack your a saint and a hero to us all.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »
Mike..since you and Uncle Jack in a charitable mood..ah ever tell yuh ah had diabetes and this might be meh last trip to Germany?
ah sure to dead after this trip with all the alco ah plan to consume  ;D
so make me happy nah..hook me up with 2 Cat1 tickets for the England game nah  ;)

yuh pal
Feliz
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 06:23:20 PM »

Nice move by Mike Berry, the man making T&T management look good to the English.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:51:22 AM »
Mike..since you and Uncle Jack in a charitable mood..ah ever tell yuh ah had diabetes and this might be meh last trip to Germany?
so make me happy nah..hook me up with 2 Cat1 tickets for the England game nah  ;)

yuh pal
Feliz

Feliz, wha is dat talk about man ?
We meeting up , drinking de alco, tapping all de men we meet that talk shyte on de forum, enjoying we football and den reaching home safe fuh de nex lime.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 05:56:38 AM »

yuh pal
Feliz

Boy you eh easy! :rotfl: ,i eh hating though.. the only trouble in your case is that your story eh press worthy enough for JW to get some press.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 10:03:32 AM »
 :notworthy: :applause: :cheers: Give credit where credit is due, one can always question the motives behind this act however the joy it would bring for those kids, i really dont care.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 12:09:24 PM »
Just out of curiousity and remembering the ole saying "charity begins at home", I wonder how many children with life-threatening illnesses in Trinidad and Tobago that love football will get the chance to see their local heroes??

Jack this is a true act of humanity and being from Trinidad & Tobago you made me proud of your generous gift.

Treat the people of your country the same way you have treated these young men from England.. God knows our people need some more acts of love, of giving, of brother hood.

Peace.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »
After making racist remarks about British reporter Jennings, Jack goes out of his way to make two british kids happy .... after telling Panday he should give in to Dookeran, Jack tells Dookeran he eh ready ...those whom the Gods seek to destroy they first make mad ....

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 01:10:53 PM »
Just out of curiousity and remembering the ole saying "charity begins at home", I wonder how many children with life-threatening illnesses in Trinidad and Tobago that love football will get the chance to see their local heroes??

Jack this is a true act of humanity and being from Trinidad & Tobago you made me proud of your generous gift.

Treat the people of your country the same way you have treated these young men from England.. God knows our people need some more acts of love, of giving, of brother hood.

Peace.

I dont know how wise it might be to fly kids from tnt all the way to germany if they are inflicted with a life threatening disease.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 01:15:34 PM »

Peace.

I dont know how wise it might be to fly kids from tnt all the way to germany if they are inflicted with a life threatening disease.

Sprog...just curious, you have blonde hair?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 01:24:41 PM »

Peace.

dont know what you getting at but no i dont

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 02:14:42 PM »

Peace.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »
..now yuh go geh de man damnblastedvex...you on yuh own oui  :party:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>