April 24, 2024, 02:55:04 PM

Author Topic: Would T&T qualify in ah group with slovenia,crotia,russia,and ukraine?  (Read 4002 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Answer this for me nah,allyuh think if T&T were trying to qualify in ah group with slovenia,crotia,russia,and ukraine,we would make it............       

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
that is a big group saga, how many teams you want to advance...two or three?

T&T will qualify with ukraine and croatia

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Answer this for me nah,allyuh think if T&T were trying to qualify in ah group with slovenia,crotia,russia,and ukraine,we would make it............       

No disrespeck eh....but dat is a real dotish question.  None a dem teams will ever play in CONCACAF WC Qualifyin and T&T eh go ever play in Europe WC Qualifyin.

Like allyuh does jes feel a need to use up bandwidth.

Steupes.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
 ???this post don't make no sense what so ever

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
listen you doh think for one minute that I knew this could never be realistically possible,it is essentially a hypothetical question. but at the same time it was based on judging from there performances in international friendlies and also what they've done so far as a team.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
I would have to say yes. the fact is the practice matches are to allow for adjustments to the team so that when the real tounament starts we doh get poison. If we were playing against teams like that regularly we would not be at the low standard that we are at ergo we would have less adjustments to make. Remember its the standard not the talent that sets us apart. We matched both teams on the field but our level let us down in terms of consistency on defence.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
listen you doh think for one minute that I knew this could never be realistically possible,it is essentially a hypothetical question. but at the same time it was based on judging from there performances in international friendlies and also what they've done so far as a team.

people don't want to answer a hypothetical question because the answer is most likely "no".

If you asked "would T&T qualify from a group with New Zealand, Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands ?", the answer would be a resounding "YES".. without the bull**** about the thread making no sense because T&T would never be a group with such teams yadda yadda  etc....

Hypothetically speaking, it would be very tough to qualify from the group you proposed.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline DaBratt

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Anybody who knows anything about the sport could tell that none of the teams from the American region, USA, Costa Rica or T&T would qualify if they had to play in European groups.

Still it´s no fun if contries from all over the world would not be in the WC. I do however suspect that USA have bribed FIFA to make it easier for them to qualifiy.
Yellow and Blue, Sweden is due?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ahh boy, the ever-irritating, what-if, hypothetical question, strikes again
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net

::) Saga, come on now! You made yourself sound like a "duppy" man. You know what? You should ask your good friend Anton that question and then bring his quotes to the forum. I would love to hear this one.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The ting is, if di man had said a real euro group that is fine but boi ya come out wid a group of death. Nearly every team in the world would find it hard to qualify from that. only the very best would coast tru ie brazil, argentine, holland ect

If you asked people a year ago if we would qualify from our group from 1 point nearly every 1 but die hards would say no. but its football anyting can happen ;)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Anybody who knows anything about the sport could tell that none of the teams from the American region, USA, Costa Rica or T&T would qualify if they had to play in European groups.

Still it´s no fun if contries from all over the world would not be in the WC. I do however suspect that USA have bribed FIFA to make it easier for them to qualifiy.

U really feel that those 3 teams u cal there can't qualify from a european group? Mexico, USA and Costa Rica will be in the top 3 in any european qualification group. Look at their scalps at their past Woirld Cup appearances and stop belittling Concacaf. Doh get tie up with that European propaganda.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

U really feel that those 3 teams u cal there can't qualify from a european group? Mexico, USA and Costa Rica will be in the top 3 in any european qualification group. Look at their scalps at their past Woirld Cup appearances and stop belittling Concacaf. Doh get tie up with that European propaganda.

yep not one of those teams got out classed at the world cup by europeans.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile

USA and Mexico can come through most European groups. I don't know about C.R.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile

DaBratt ... USA defeated Portugal in the WC ... no offense but check yourself ... CONCACAF is up and coming ... compared to Sweden Mexico and USA are ranked higher according to FIFA  ... not only that but would most likely beat Sweden, just becasue your team is full of players that get more media coverage and hype means that they are a better team ... inparticular this WC will prove that the CONCACAF region will surprise many nay sayers ... and mind u June 10th will be one of those day
Snake in de balliser

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Look fellaz..The team who is looking good right now from Cocacaf is Mexico....
And they have football pedigree.

Offline DaBratt

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
OK, first of all the FIFA rankings is as useful as my grandmothers points of view regarding the World Cup. It´s partly based on games played against teams that would not pass as Division3 teams in most European countries. If you play Panama and Guatemala enough times you have your points. USA top ten in the World? That´s a laugh!

I agree Mexico has potential to win on a good day against a European team. Costa Rica? Come on, but still the World Cup would not be that fun if it did not have some suprises:) Brasil, Argentina and Mexico are the non-european teams to watch. Except T&T that is!

USA beat Sweden? Then I eat my cat and emigrate to the states!

Perhaps it´s me being a bit pro Euro but I belive 6 or 7 teams in the quarter finals will be European. Especially since the tourmanent is being held in Europe.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:28:51 PM by DaBratt »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is it possible..YES

If dem groups was playing in Blazing heat they wouldn't qualify either. Play all the games in CONCACAF at high noon and see how long dem teams last.

Saying all that...the main problem with our team is inexperience. We haven't played enough quality competition in friendly games like the US, Mexico or even Jamaica. Many teams would prefer to play Jamaica over us...presently (that could change after the World Cup).

But we just don't play together enough.  Look at Beasley and Donovan, Donovan in his early 20's and already has about 79 caps for his country and many on the US team have played against strong competition regularly for a long time.

We panic, lose shape and don't know how to shut down teams because we have skill but lack the experience playing together to really make necessary adjustments.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
OK, first of all the FIFA rankings is as useful as my grandmothers points of view regarding the World Cup. It´s partly based on games played against teams that would not pass as Division3 teams in most European countries. If you play Panama and Guatemala enough times you have your points. USA top ten in the World? That´s a laugh!

I agree Mexico has potential to win on a good day against a European team. Costa Rica? Come on, but still the World Cup would not be that fun if it did not have some suprises:) Brasil, Argentina and Mexico are the non-european teams to watch. Except T&T that is!

USA beat Sweden? Then I eat my cat and emigrate to the states!

Perhaps it´s me being a bit pro Euro but I belive 6 or 7 teams in the quarter finals will be European. Especially since the tourmanent is being held in Europe.

How can u dismiss Costa Rica so easy. They r a very good team i dont think sweden could brush dem easy. they played well in the last world cup and should have knocked turkey out if it wasnt for a missed open goal almost. turkey then went on to 3rd place. they also shocked every1 in 90 wc wen they beat sweden ;)

Offline DaBratt

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
I don´t think that any games will be easily won in this World Cup. Regarding Costa Rica I agree being Swede and talking about them is a bit confusing. I remember the summer ´90 when everybody where ecstatic of joy singing about the easiest game in WC history. Look how that turned out(:

Costa Rica has a lot of talent and will no doubt make a mess in any teams defence. But as with some other countries outside europe they have an achilles heal. Their defence, they are fast but to short. Teams like England and Germany for example will use freekicks and corners in class fashion when getting the chance. Looking at their lineup in general there are many good players, but i can´t see any stars that every team needs if they are to progress in the WC.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I don´t think that any games will be easily won in this World Cup. Regarding Costa Rica I agree being Swede and talking about them is a bit confusing. I remember the summer ´90 when everybody where ecstatic of joy singing about the easiest game in WC history. Look how that turned out(:

Costa Rica has a lot of talent and will no doubt make a mess in any teams defence. But as with some other countries outside europe they have an achilles heal. Their defence, they are fast but to short. Teams like England and Germany for example will use freekicks and corners in class fashion when getting the chance. Looking at their lineup in general there are many good players, but i can´t see any stars that every team needs if they are to progress in the WC.

Fair point ;)

do u play pro evolution soccer 5 online? ill give your sweden ah cutass ;)

Offline DaBratt

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Sorry I´m stuck in the PES4 version ;D

Or I would give u a lession in Sweet Swedish technique!

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sorry I´m stuck in the PES4 version ;D

Or I would give u a lession in Sweet Swedish technique!

I'm sure I can find a Swedish girl to teach me instead  ;D

1]; } ?>