April 19, 2024, 04:44:30 AM

Author Topic: Nigeria of Old.... TnT the New....  (Read 2188 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nigeria of Old.... TnT the New....
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:09:39 AM »
In an English article post about 2 months ago, TriniBago was likened to Teams that have weak defences but will score their quota.
I think  this may be our saving grace in de WC and I feel dat Beenie sense it too. Our defence is what it is and there is little we can do to change that at this point. However our offence isnt too shabby if we can get it together. I remember the likes of Nigeria de other day (1 day to 5 years) when dem use to take a set of goals but win due to their offence. The best defence is a good offence so maybe in our present situation we should focus on
"Scoring 1 more"  Maybe we have to score 1 more than the next Team because we can beat Sweden or England if we can score 1 more.
Scounds kinda flimsy I guess but Dog semi-injured - "Mr Pelt It" Spaan gone & Cyd grey gettin a Red first game (joke) We defence isnt that strong and there hasnt been that much change or variation in that department which to me says  that there isnt much that can be done in dat department however Beenie is trying several attacking and maintaining strategies which favour's the style of "Yuh score 3, we go try and score 4".  Look at the St Vincent , Mexico, Panama games,  Our attackers have to be in rear form to help get us any kind of results in de WC because dat back line has been weakened without a fit Dog, an aggressive Spaan  and a steady goalie.  Dog might not be Maldini but he been marshaling de Trinidad defence for Years now and knows how to do that Job. Lawrence  & Avery have come to rely on Dog being right dey and Sancho is de new kid on de Block.

How allyuh see it?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Nigeria of Old.... TnT the New....
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 09:18:47 AM »
Where allyuh does get allyuh information.
Nigeria went to the WC in 1994 and gave up only two goals in the first rounds in a group that had Argentina, Bulgaria and Greece. Then they were eliminated 2-1 versus the eventual finalist Italy.
So what one setta goal yuh talking about
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:47:12 AM »
Observer, Nigeria has been known to be the Team to score 1 more the time or if it was de 94 WC not quite sure but any pundit could atest to the fact that Nigeria at one time in their history was known as the you score. we go score one more Team... You disagree wid dat?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:58:35 AM »
even if that was the case with nigeria..we are nowhere near that level...only stern and to a lesser extent birchall and tallest does score.  In most games TnT play they score 1 goal with A FEW EXCEPTIONS.  So scoring 1 more for us to win means we conceding none which is highly impossible the ways things looking right now.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »
Well I just don't understand it. their first WC was in 94 (I believe) and they did quite well on the defensive end. then in 1998 they got to the second rounds and get 4 from Denmark and scored 1.
then in 2002 they come dead last in their grup giving up I think 4 gaosl and scoring only 1
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 10:10:55 AM »
even if that was the case with nigeria..we are nowhere near that level...only stern and to a lesser extent birchall and tallest does score.  In most games TnT play they score 1 goal with A FEW EXCEPTIONS.  So scoring 1 more for us to win means we conceding none which is highly impossible the ways things looking right now.

Ahh good point. For me all the talk about goal scoring and yuh have to score in the WC to be considered a  great footballer is pure nonesense. After all Salenko scored 5 goals in a WC and most people would ask who is he, does that make him a great player.

Warm up games to me don't matter either. Look all that matters is on the day can we score goals & we do not give up silly goals  I don't care who scores, and on the day or stops them from scoring.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »
even if that was the case with nigeria..we are nowhere near that level...only stern and to a lesser extent birchall and tallest does score.  In most games TnT play they score 1 goal with A FEW EXCEPTIONS. So scoring 1 more for us to win means we conceding none which is highly impossible the ways things looking right now.

Then we doomed?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 01:20:40 PM »
Why all the doomsday men.  I doh know where all yuh was the last 4 months. The defense was always shady. The offense didn't use to score. I think we have scored in every friendly we have played thus far. Barring yestreday game the team improved leaps and bounds. Big sides does have bad days and collect some serious goal in they tail. Real fans could attest to that  :devil: How much did they collect from Zaragoza again? They bounce back the next game.

Let we wait till the Czech game to start making predictions. And even then who knows what will happen on the 10th, 15th and 20th.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »
Why all the doomsday men.  I doh know where all yuh was the last 4 months. The defense was always shady. The offense didn't use to score. I think we have scored in every friendly we have played thus far. Barring yestreday game the team improved leaps and bounds. Big sides does have bad days and collect some serious goal in they tail. Real fans could attest to that  :devil: How much did they collect from Zaragoza again? They bounce back the next game.

Let we wait till the Czech game to start making predictions. And even then who knows what will happen on the 10th, 15th and 20th.

Tell dem dat again

And walk with yuh bottle ah matouks eh...cause REAL men on dis site go be eatin
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 03:58:25 PM »
without a solid defense we don't stand a chance in de world cup.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »
without a solid defense we don't stand a chance in de world cup.

Exactly unless we score one more....  Im not doomsdaying nobody. I understand and have come to terms with de defence but the existing defence has been compromised with a semi-fit Andrews and the loss of Versatile Spaan. No probs though because that is what we got and we will go with that. All I'm saying is with a score one more attitude we might help to bridge de gap between goals  got and what goals given. .  Lets be realistic... Slovenia 3 against and a hatrick to boot. Wales 2 against. We got to feel like we must score as much as we can just in case....

de next game go be a better indicator....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »
Observer, Nigeria has been known to be the Team to score 1 more the time or if it was de 94 WC not quite sure but any pundit could atest to the fact that Nigeria at one time in their history was known as the you score. we go score one more Team... You disagree wid dat?

yep...I disagree. Observer come with some independent thought and analysis and all you could do is make some obscure reference to pundits. come nah man...what are YOU basing your ideas on. you could do better than the 'they say so' defense

and T&T eh ready to be compared to Nigeria yet. turn it down a notch.

we look like we going to play a 4-5-1. Dat is not really a formula to outgun anybody. From what I see, Beenie wants to deny the opposition space in the midfield with emphasis on ball winning in the middle third, thereby protecting the defense. We will try to slow down the game and maintain possession as much as possible while breaking on the counter when spaces open up.....my 2 cents

1]; } ?>