April 25, 2024, 06:04:49 PM

Author Topic: SOCA WARRIORS NEED OUR SUPPORT!  (Read 2904 times)

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
SOCA WARRIORS NEED OUR SUPPORT!
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:02:04 PM »
The quality of the post seems to be detiorating daily ... if anyone expect us to be the quality of Brazil overnight, with the average age being more than 3o years old and our best players playing in Europe's lower division, then you are all crazy.  We went from talking about beating England to calling our own players "shit hounds" ... THE TEAM NEEDS ALL THE SUPORT IT CAN GET GUYS, LETS SUPPORT THE TEAM, AFTER ALL THIS IS THE SAME TEAM THAT QUALIFIED AND MADE US ALL HAPPY.  WHEN WE QUALIFIED DON LEO WAS CALLED A "GENIUS" NOW HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING????

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SOCA WARRIORS NEED OUR SUPPORT!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 08:07:12 PM »
They have our support is just that TT fans are fairweather friends.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 08:12:15 PM »
They have our support is just that TT fans are fairweather friends.
Fella, players know how to tune out this ole talk. When they cross the white line and enter the battle zone is when the real support matters. Some supporters get too high when things good, and have a long way down to come when things not looking good. Others don't get too high, nor too low - just keepin a even keel. Let not your heart be trouble bro' :angel:
Live large and prosper!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 08:22:19 PM »
the team has our support...that doh mean we musnt criticize when we see fit.   listen, fans of any team get in a tizzy when they feel the team is not performing how they could or should.  i support arsenal, this season was the first time we come out the top 2 since arsene take over.    when the team was going thru the rough patch if u hear men on the bbc message board "arsene is past it'   'pires is not committed"   "ljungberg is too old"   etc etc.   one set of old talk.   the same ljungberg run his heart out in paris in the final, and when pires leave is one set of thread calling him a legend, dont talk bout if wenger decide to leave before 2008, go be riots in london.   fans are like that.  granted the warriors dont have 1/10 of the talent of the arsenal but still i sure they could do better than that today.  look today dwight fall for a step over and couldnt even recover...what the arse he doing that far back???    don leo is the boss though, i know he will not risk his reputation and put out a shyt squad in germany.

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Preparations
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 08:29:31 PM »
Why are people so glum on this board just because we lost a couple of friendlies? Last, I remember, these friendlies are being used to prepare the team for the BIG TOURNAMENT CALLED WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The purpose of these matches was to help the team gel, iron out their weaknesses and to adapt to the European conditions. Winning these games were not mandatory but rather as a bonus (though we should have hit Wales 8-0).

The matches have indeed showed up our weaknesses. Our defense needs some proper work and organisation (our defense was always a problem since World Cup Qualifiers just to let them waggonists know) and our finishing must improve. These matches have also shown that our team is playing well. Just look at how we played against Wales.

Just to add another note. Look at Costa Rica. They are not doing well in their friendlies but I see them trying to improve with every game in order to prepare for their opening match against Germany.

You know, if we were being beaten 8-0 and not playing well, I would complain. However, we are playing well but making silly defensive blunders. We will improve. So don't lose hope.

Good Luck TnT in the World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Go SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 08:31:13 PM »
the team has our support...that doh mean we musnt criticize when we see fit. listen, fans of any team get in a tizzy when they feel the team is not performing how they could or should.

Currently this is the best the team has ever performed when you look at factors such as organization, ball posession etc. ... I am afraid we ar expecting miracles.  Let's support the team, and hope that they represent us well in Germany!

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: Preparations
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 08:34:47 PM »
Beenie wanted challenging teams so that our weaknesses would be made clearer and understood by the team b4 the WC... i trust this fella ut he a bit eccentric... that experiment he doing real confusing... but im sure by the time the 10th come Beenie would have a squad and tactics ready to dismantle the Swedes if possible... just check this ppl... trust the coach please... do a lil research on the man and how he prepares his teams and u'll know what i talking abt

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 08:35:04 PM »
Doh worry men just lil emotional right now. Critisizm is warranted right now cause we didnt play well but the quarrelling will turn back into encouragement and support before d next game soon.

Is just everybody putting in their two cents at the same time so it sounding like everybody coming down on the players.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 08:36:28 PM »
yea we all know they aint play well but they training alot and definitely stressed... but still trust in them and they'll pull thru

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
Re: Preparations
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 09:03:56 PM »
Why are people so glum on this board just because we lost a couple of friendlies? Last, I remember, these friendlies are being used to prepare the team for the BIG TOURNAMENT CALLED WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The purpose of these matches was to help the team gel, iron out their weaknesses and to adapt to the European conditions. Winning these games were not mandatory but rather as a bonus (though we should have hit Wales 8-0).

I think were most people are coming from is that the performance was below the potential of the squad and what has been seen in the past to get us to the World Cup coupled with the short time till the first game on the 10th.
well yes

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 09:33:36 PM »
So once you defend the Sh#t the team play makes you a die hard? Is this what's this board is about? If guys on our national team cannot take criticism then they playing the wrong game. Ok, what should we do. Popo had a bad game, ok popo don't cry let mamie kiss the boo boo.

Give me a break.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 09:41:15 PM »
players wouldnt be reading this board now, and if they were they wont care. TALK YUH TALK, and the TALK is the shit they play. in fact, i hope they reading!
Hart for president

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 09:41:48 PM »
So once you defend the Sh#t the team play makes you a die hard? Is this what's this board is about? If guys on our national team cannot take criticism then they playing the wrong game. Ok, what should we do. Popo had a bad game, ok popo don't cry let mamie kiss the boo boo.

Give me a break.

i totally agree wit this............99% of de ppl on the board in FULL support of de soca warriors...............all i does see here is constructive criticism...........if we play below par wha we suppose to do laugh it off and say de team played well buh next time for sure
allyuh men mad yes!!!
Ppl on this board here through thick and thin ............ups and downs de highs and lows and allyuh want chat bout fairweather fans............STEUPS!!!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »
The quality of the post seems to be detiorating daily ... if anyone expect us to be the quality of Brazil overnight, with the average age being more than 3o years old and our best players playing in Europe's lower division, then you are all crazy.  We went from talking about beating England to calling our own players "shit hounds" ... THE TEAM NEEDS ALL THE SUPORT IT CAN GET GUYS, LETS SUPPORT THE TEAM, AFTER ALL THIS IS THE SAME TEAM THAT QUALIFIED AND MADE US ALL HAPPY.  WHEN WE QUALIFIED DON LEO WAS CALLED A "GENIUS" NOW HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING????

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 09:59:42 PM »

Give me a break.

i totally agree wit this............99% of de ppl on the board in FULL support of de soca warriors...............all i does see here is constructive criticism...........if we play below par wha we suppose to do laugh it off and say de team played well buh next time for sure
allyuh men mad yes!!!
Ppl on this board here through thick and thin ............ups and downs de highs and lows and allyuh want chat bout fairweather fans............STEUPS!!!!

I could'nt agree more,give them props when they play good and blast them when they play shit,this is not ah bedroom sport and at this level theobald can't trap ah ball dead without it running away from him everytime,then men telling me that the coach have something special planned for the big dance ah surprise,well leh me say this other than a divine intervention that turns all the players into superhuman athletes,it is what it is a team with lots of work to do and a very short time to do it...........      

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 10:08:44 PM »
I support my kids in all that they do but I expect nothing but their best effort. When I encourage them to excel and point out their weaknesses I'm preparing them for greatness. If I lie to them when they are short changing themselves they will never forgive me for what i did.

When I call on my soca warriors to give the best effort they can give I'm supporting them fully. If we expect little from them we will get little. To whom much is given much is required.

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 08:52:29 PM »
First of all, I did not say not to criticise the team when they do not play well. But many people are taking these friendlies out of context. First of all, read what I said was the purpose of these friendlies.

People making it sound like we must win these frienlies and play the best football in the world doing so. These friendlies are to PREPARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the World Cup. PREPARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! means to iron out your problems, get ready and then do your best at the World Cup.

Our team may not have performed well for one or many of these reasons-

1) Defensive Blunders
2) Not Finishing Properly
3) Still trying to acclimatise
4) Lack of Intensity (Probably waiting to peak at the World Cup)
5) We not at that level yet
6) Treating these matches lightly

Just to name a few.

If people know more than Beenhakker, then go ahead and take over his job. I believe he knows what he is doing.

Wait till we finish our World Cup campaign then assess the team. Only then would we know if our preparations were the best, where things went wrong and so on. Criticising based on these performances is wrong. On the days when the team does not play well, we say they did not play well. Then on days they play well, we say so. We should not criticise until the campaign done and we know full well what the outcome is.

Your know, if we make second round, people will forget how bad or good we play in the friendlies and say we did well in the World Cup. MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We make World Cup and many people for get how bad the team played way back in the semifinal group with Mexico, St. Kitts, Nevis and St. Vincent. If anything, the team playing better than those days.

Wait till we campaign in the WORLD CUP DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then make your jusdgements.

I know team which play badly in the friendlies, were criticised by their public for doing bad, then praised by the same people when they do well at the World Cuo.

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 09:17:33 PM »
TnT is a streaky team, the streak will start at WC 2006 in Dortmund, everyone will rise to the occasion including the fans who have to come through as well. This is like watching ah whole team of AB in a 100 meter final in the Oly.
From possibility to actaulity (as printed on the NAPS badge)

1]; } ?>