7 (43.8%)
foreign based trini
4 (25%)
caribbean/trini heritage(manditory)
4 (25%)
once she heart beating I doh business!!
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Foreign Based Men/Women!! Prove The Stereotype Wrong!!.. Or Don't!!  (Read 8728 times)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
It seems to be a stereotype in many different circles that caribbean/trini/black/small island men/women are fascinated with foreign(especially white women/men)and as soon as they(we) move to foreign countries that's the 1st thing they(we) look for. (Reason i started this poll.)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 11:10:53 PM by #8 »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign Based Men!! Prove The Stereotype Wrong!!.. Or Don't!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 01:57:05 PM »
Wha happen u went for ah walk in TO and feel guilty owha. ;D Doh worry I pass tru the mall ,and
nearly dead to lol .JK :drool:

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 02:06:21 PM »
Wha happen u went for ah walk in TO and feel guilty owha. ;D Doh worry I pass tru the mall ,and
nearly dead to lol .JK :drool:

:rotfl: :rotfl:...nah fadder..i is a man like my milk ;)(definition available upon request) since i home..an playing football for one of de top colleges.. based in westmoorings.. just made de likeness increase ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 02:08:37 PM by #8 »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 02:46:38 PM »
It seems to be a stereotype in many different circles that caribbean/trini/black/small island men are fascinated with foreign(especially white women)and as soon as they(we) move to foreign countries that's the 1st thing they(we) look for. (Reason i started this poll.)

Every stereotype is hyperbole

Thus it have  a very miniscule fraction of truth in it

To a certain extent its true, if you grow up in the islands. Whites are obviously rare for dating...so its a given that one would want to sample the 'forbidden fruit' that you never had a chance to get in your island

By the time you move north and realize the forbidden fruit easy to pick......and WHO amongst us doh like fruit? some ah allyuh does even put it in yuh bake and shark  :puking:

The same goes for foreigners who come down to islands, you think north american or european women are the least interested in local (island) whites?

Forbidden Fruit syndrome

Problem is:
It have some men does come up here and cyah pace deyself...man does run in de orchard like some wile animal an eatin ANYTING dred..dey cyah pick de fruit on de tree,dem eh even studyin to shake de tree or climb de tree de grabbin fruit on de ground dat done buss up and all dem eatin..all dey mout and belly cover in juice and dey still want more.....dem ting will make yuh sick quick

De trick is in learnin how much fruit to eat, when to pick it, and de most important part (which is where allyuh island boys does fall dong) spottin which fruit over ripe or rotten BEFORE yuh start to peel off de skin  :beermug:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 02:51:32 PM »
It seems to be a stereotype in many different circles that caribbean/trini/black/small island men are fascinated with foreign(especially white women)and as soon as they(we) move to foreign countries that's the 1st thing they(we) look for. (Reason i started this poll.)

To a certain extent its true, if you grow up in the islands. Whites are obviously rare for dating...so its a given that one would want to sample the 'forbidden fruit' that you never had a chance to get in your island

By the time you move north and realize the forbidden fruit easy to pick......and WHO amongst us doh like fruit? some ah allyuh does even put it in yuh bake and shark  :puking:

The same goes for foreigners who come down to islands, you think north american or european women are the least interested in local (island) whites?

Forbidden Fruit syndrome

Problem is:
It have some men does come up here and cyah pace deyself...man does run in de orchard like some wile animal an eatin ANYTING dred..dey cyah pick de fruit on de tree,dem eh even studyin to shake de tree or climb de tree de grabbin fruit on de ground dat done buss up and all dem eatin..all dey mout and belly cover in juice and dey still want more.....dem ting will make yuh sick quick

De trick is in learnin how much fruit to eat, when to pick it, and de most important part (which is where allyuh island boys does fall dong) spottin which fruit over ripe or rotten BEFORE yuh start to peel off de skin  :beermug:

Well put Dutty, investigate as well the number of Trini women who go after the American, Canadian and European men. I don't think the numbers will be far off at all.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 03:04:19 PM »

Forbidden Fruit syndrome

Problem is:

points well taken..and thank you for re-emphasisng what i already knew and practice(in regards to de tricks of de game)i understood fully since growing up in Trinidad that the girl race is not a 100 metres..but a marathon ;D..all that said..'yuh proving de streotype wrong!! or don't!! lol :rotfl:

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 03:15:53 PM »
U need to specify, depends on what you looking for

Personally

Have fun anything goes,  can't be too pale, caribbean people seem to have a advantage

Settle down, notthing beats a nice trini pelau and if need be I will come home to find that
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:16:47 PM by trinindian »

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »
U need to specify, depends on what you looking for

Personally

Have fun anything goes,  can't be too pale, caribbean people seem to have a advantage

Settle down, notthing beats a nice trini pealu and if need be I will come home to find that

all that said and ah sure yuh ain't vote in de poll yet ;D

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 05:51:41 PM »
what dey ass i reading here....

umm #8 if ya notice dey Cana, plus 15 other women in here are females.
ya tink ya could change dey Topic to include us ?
or is this just for allyuh....lemme know so I could delete meh post and just read

look i want to dead here yes
ALLYUH WIN :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 05:53:41 PM by TriniCana »

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 11:16:17 PM »
what dey ass i reading here....

umm #8 if ya notice dey Cana, plus 15 other women in here are females.
ya tink ya could change dey Topic to include us ?
or is this just for allyuh....lemme know so I could delete meh post and just read

look i want to dead here yes
ALLYUH WIN :beermug:

just for you Cana darling ah change it (i doh know how to change the poll options..but de topic including women now ;))..wasn't an attempt to alienate the forum's female community :-[

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign Based Men/Women!! Prove The Stereotype Wrong!!.. Or Don't!!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 04:00:40 AM »
ill never touch ah non-trini again ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 05:14:49 AM »
  Sometimes yuh have tuh beat dem off with yuh big wood.  :devil: :devil: :devil:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 05:48:40 AM »
thank you #8
now ah could answer...but i ain't doing ya vote thingy

first off...Morvant ya kill meh with ya statement....

alrighty...lemme see

Normally I like meh little cocoa tea, but these days like dey cocoa tea doh want lipton tea, they only looking for plain milk.
So this lipton tea looking for ah hot chinee tea...tall glass please.  :devil:

oh yeah make sure dey chinee tea bring he own sugar and spoon, cause i doh share mine
(read between dem lines)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 06:20:14 AM »
Pardon me gyal um madam!!??

Why am I in the realm of your 'shocker of the year' category??
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 06:33:02 AM »
Pardon me gyal um madam!!??

Why am I in the realm of your 'shocker of the year' category??

:rotfl: :rotfl: i like yuh avatar dutty.......

Was with all de women wanting chinee man so....where kandi   :devil:...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 06:47:43 AM »
Mister Dutty

as i mentioned in your PM like ah hadda tell dey world now

Heres dey story

from day 1 dey cana say tur sheself dat Dutty is of east indian decent, doh ask meh why.
thanks to dey pictues from dey TO sweat, I happened to be looking at the captions, putting name tur face, when I came upon dey name DUTTY. So I being the person I am, ah make ah scan to finally see Dutty.

All I could say is "i rock back on meh chair - ah say "what dey jail is this, like Dutty not east indian" AH SHOCK.

Sir if you wish for me to replace your name from my shocker list for 2006, kindly let dey cana know... i aim to please  :beermug:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 06:57:31 AM »
LICKS i aint' know bout kandi but i on ah mission

i want to see what dey say bout chinee men is tru'  DOH ASK MEH NOTHING...

so to all dey chinee men; wait...make sure allyuh have height eh  >:(
ah fedup being  use for ah blasted pillow.

anyways....Xue Fang, Yin, Yu You, Qiong PingLing, Mei, YanYan and UoFook allyuh holla at dey Cana :devil:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 07:02:11 AM »
Mister Dutty

as i mentioned in your PM like ah hadda tell dey world now

Heres dey story

from day 1 dey cana say tur sheself dat Dutty is of east indian decent, doh ask meh why.
thanks to dey pictues from dey TO sweat, I happened to be looking at the captions, putting name tur face, when I came upon dey name DUTTY. So I being the person I am, ah make ah scan to finally see Dutty.

All I could say is "i rock back on meh chair - ah say "what dey jail is this, like Dutty not east indian" AH SHOCK.

Sir if you wish for me to replace your name from my shocker list for 2006, kindly let dey cana know... i aim to please  :beermug:

oh ho...right I forget bout dat

well I could see how you could come to dat conclusion..after all I did post the pictures of mih basement full of runner-up trophies from my many mastana bahar appearances
Oh I should mention I am the undisputed pick-a-pan champion as well

De only issue is now dat yuh 'out' mih,, it go wreck havoc with mih mail order paratha business

No problem wit de de shocker categrory...I just thought it was because allyuh thought ah have ah smood baby face like Jefferz  ;D

oh and when dey use yuh as ahpillow...which part dey does res dey head??  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 07:04:06 AM by Dutty »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 07:22:28 AM »
lemme give ya dey joke nah

i with meh fass self gone by dey bar to get ah drink...next ting this good looking fella holla and ah say 'nice, and he ain't have gold teeth' so ah gone across and talk ah little... now mind you dey man sitting on ah high stool...so me ain't catch dey scene.

next ting ah little barry white come on dey waves and dey cana say gorm hear song nah. meh boy extend he hand like he asking to dance...ah say sure why not

Duttttttttttttttty he man hadda jump off dey blasted stool. when i catch he bout 5 ft 4.1 inches as compare to dey cana 5 ft 9 inches frame....so ya know meh problem one time

talk bout VEX...and make matters worst he head must be was getting heavy for he little frame put he flipping big head on dey cana chest and like he fall asleep....STEUPS

talk bout wanted to cuss...so from now on when allyuh want to chat up dey Cana...make sure allyuh standing. >:(

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 07:54:11 AM »
Cana that is a really tall order to find a chinee above 5ft 9 inches, bess you look up yao ming because yuh boys Jet Li, Bruce Lee and Mr Chan only 5ft 8inches in height and under. But you do have to makes sacrifices in the name of science.  :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 08:36:42 AM by trinindian »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 08:37:32 AM »

i with meh fass self gone by dey bar to get ah drink...next ting this good looking fella holla and ah say 'nice, and he ain't have gold teeth' so ah gone across and talk ah little... now mind you dey man sitting on ah high stool...so me ain't catch dey scene.

next ting ah little barry white come on dey waves and dey cana say gorm hear song nah. meh boy extend he hand like he asking to dance...ah say sure why not

Duttttttttttttttty he man hadda jump off dey blasted stool. when i catch he bout 5 ft 4.1 inches as compare to dey cana 5 ft 9 inches frame....so ya know meh problem one time

talk bout VEX...and make matters worst he head must be was getting heavy for he little frame put he flipping big head on dey cana chest and like he fall asleep....STEUPS
talk bout wanted to cuss...so from now on when allyuh want to chat up dey Cana...make sure allyuh standing. >:(

Maybe yuh is ah boring dancer  ;D

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 11:13:33 AM »
it depends on where you are and what your ambitions are lol.   if u livin in a big metro area wit plenty island ppl then i say u could fix ur mix.  i live in south carolina where there are some caribbean ppl but is not like there are ample oportunities to meet them.   besides, as man who live in the south could tell u, these country girls does hear the accent and they does get mesmerise..a time a girl tell meh we does talk like if we singing...    meh pardner from france tell me if i go there 'i would have alot of sex' (his words not mine) so i guess if i go there i have to walk with a suitcase of rubbers ;D

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 11:22:16 AM »
it depends on where you are and what your ambitions are lol.   if u livin in a big metro area wit plenty island ppl then i say u could fix ur mix.  i live in south carolina where there are some caribbean ppl but is not like there are ample oportunities to meet them.   besides, as man who live in the south could tell u, these country girls does hear the accent and they does get mesmerise..a time a girl tell meh we does talk like if we singing...    meh pardner from france tell me if i go there 'i would have alot of sex' (his words not mine) so i guess if i go there i have to walk with a suitcase of rubbers ;D

Ambitions yuh don't say, ah see you still singing that same song. Boy some people just nostalgic for home.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 11:22:34 AM »
thank you #8
now ah could answer...but i ain't doing ya vote thingy

first off...Morvant ya kill meh with ya statement....

alrighty...lemme see

Normally I like meh little cocoa tea, but these days like dey cocoa tea doh want lipton tea, they only looking for plain milk.
So this lipton tea looking for ah hot chinee tea...tall glass please.  :devil:

oh yeah make sure dey chinee tea bring he own sugar and spoon, cause i doh share mine
(read between dem lines)

and here I am thinking I have ah chance :o oh well :-\
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 01:01:04 PM »
i envy the congo man
if it was me ah woulda shake he hand
he eat until he stomach upset
and i
never eat a...

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 01:01:32 PM »

anyways....Xue Fang, Yin, Yu You, Qiong PingLing, Mei, YanYan and UoFook allyuh holla at dey Cana :devil:

I find a toronto based, but in the gallery they say he can't handle the heat, so that raises the question can he handle the Trinicana

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 01:44:58 PM »

Maybe yuh is ah boring dancer  ;D

oh hush...ah never had any complaints before nah
plus he had he eye close and ah big grin....and all i looking at was ah center shiny bald spot.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 01:47:05 PM »

I find a toronto based, but in the gallery they say he can't handle the heat, so that raises the question can he handle the Trinicana

UMMM trinindian I ain't go lie...but ah done scope he out already
before ah give ya meh comments.... is he related to anybody ?
anybody husband, boyfriend, man, boytoy, first cousin ???

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 02:16:39 PM »
I like woman. Full stop.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 03:09:45 PM »
I like woman. Full stop.

gorm dry so  ???
ya aint' want ah little flavor or ah little colouring....ya just want it so  ???

now this is man for ya... :applause:
and he in TO too yes.... :devil:

1]; } ?>