April 26, 2024, 03:53:37 AM

Author Topic: Costa Rica  (Read 2822 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Costa Rica
« on: March 16, 2006, 03:11:18 PM »
I was jes looking at sum stuff.. Costa Rica qualified for de first time in 1990 . after dat Costa Rica only lost out to Jamaica in 98 . Costa Rica to me is not dat far ahead of TNT in football. CR neva have no Big time coach..what makes CR such a good team..Is it there fans ..I mean CR was lucky to get a tie against TNT in Trinidad. Dat goal Keeper made a miracle save . Is CR a lucky team?.. I mean there players is not all dat.  How cum they steady qualifying for wrl cup .
Mexico and de U.S is quality teams..But then we have TNT, Jamaica < Honduras, Costarica  .. I really do not rate Guatemala, Elsalvador, Panama, & canada as good football Nations so I aint worry bout dem.. I think TNT needs to start spying on CR..CR is mekin this qulaification ting to easy dread..

warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Costa Rica
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 03:15:43 PM »
My opinion.  Costa Rica is a VERY GOOD TEAM!  Have been for some time and a top 3 team in CONCACAF for years!

That they beat Mexico IN THE AZTECA in a MEANINGFUL game last Hex is no coincidence.  They have excellent players, a vibrant and well managed league, their league teams have represented CONCACAF in World Tournaments before (Deportivo Sarprissa just finished 3rd in the World Club Championship in Japan), and they have a CULTURE of football.

Add all that up and yes....I think Costa Rica is a very good footballing country in CONCACAF and more than holds their own whenever they appear on the international stage.  When they qwualified for the WC in 1990, they didn't just qualify....they made it to the 2nd round!  In my opinion, they are a better footballing nation than we are.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Isaachunt

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 03:19:38 PM »
My opinion. Costa Rica is a VERY GOOD TEAM! Have been for some time and a top 3 team in CONCACAF for years!

That they beat Mexico IN THE AZTECA in a MEANINGFUL game last Hex is no coincidence. They have excellent players, a vibrant and well managed league, their league teams have represented CONCACAF in World Tournaments before (Deportivo Sarprissa just finished 3rd in the World Club Championship in Japan), and they have a CULTURE of football.

Add all that up and yes....I think Costa Rica is a very good footballing country in CONCACAF and more than holds their own whenever they appear on the international stage. When they qwualified for the WC in 1990, they didn't just qualify....they made it to the 2nd round! In my opinion, they are a better footballing nation than we are.
You didn't answer the question. The man want to know what make them do good not if they better than us. you just had that on your mind and wanted to say it :applause:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 03:21:53 PM »
My opinion. Costa Rica is a VERY GOOD TEAM! Have been for some time and a top 3 team in CONCACAF for years!

That they beat Mexico IN THE AZTECA in a MEANINGFUL game last Hex is no coincidence. They have excellent players, a vibrant and well managed league, their league teams have represented CONCACAF in World Tournaments before (Deportivo Sarprissa just finished 3rd in the World Club Championship in Japan), and they have a CULTURE of football.

Add all that up and yes....I think Costa Rica is a very good footballing country in CONCACAF and more than holds their own whenever they appear on the international stage. When they qwualified for the WC in 1990, they didn't just qualify....they made it to the 2nd round! In my opinion, they are a better footballing nation than we are.
You didn't answer the question. The man want to know what make them do good not if they better than us. you just had that on your mind and wanted to say it :applause:

What part of excellent players, vibrant & well managed league, and football culture yuh doh comprehend sah?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 03:23:53 PM »
I was jes looking at sum stuff.. Costa Rica qualified for de first time in 1990 . after dat Costa Rica only lost out to Jamaica in 98 . Costa Rica to me is not dat far ahead of TNT in football. CR neva have no Big time coach..what makes CR such a good team..Is it there fans ..I mean CR was lucky to get a tie against TNT in Trinidad. Dat goal Keeper made a miracle save . Is CR a lucky team?.. I mean there players is not all dat.  How cum they steady qualifying for wrl cup .
Mexico and de U.S is quality teams..But then we have TNT, Jamaica < Honduras, Costarica  .. I really do not rate Guatemala, Elsalvador, Panama, & canada as good football Nations so I aint worry bout dem.. I think TNT needs to start spying on CR..CR is mekin this qulaification ting to easy dread..

warmonga

Wow who would have thought it... Costa Rica with no high placed executives have become a consistent force in CONCACAF

What is de main difference with Trinidad and Tobago football and Costa Rican football?? hmmmm

A thiriving football culture along with ah solid profitable professional league firmly entrenched in the grassroots....

A successful youth program that has qualified multiple youth teams to World Cups.. compare this to TNT's lone qualification....

A solid National Team program... emphasizing on continuity and team growth.... no setta hiring and firing of coaches... no setta interference from the "Administrators"

PROPER ACCOUNTABLE CAPABLE ADMINISTRATION!!!

Now warmonga ask yuhself

WHY our football culture is dead?
WHY or WHO is responsible for taking football away from the grassroots and communities!
WHY we have had SEVEN National team coaches in the last 6 years.... and countless other foreign flops and recycled locals during the nineties?
WHY we have had upper level administration hiring and firing players and coaches at a whim?

Keep asking questions warmonga.... yuh on de path to enlightenment

Just remember... a broken clock bound to tell de right time twice a day
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 03:24:07 PM »
Costa Rica is 3 times our size (population -  4 million)

And, unlike Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, they aren't dirt poor (Costa Rica's GDP per capita is similar to Trinidad).

So, based on size and wealth, its no surprise that they are the 'natural' third best team in the region

Isaachunt

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 03:27:32 PM »

What part of excellent players, vibrant & well managed league, and football culture yuh doh comprehend sah?
ok man. now you talking. No disrespect man. We building some of the abovenow. wouldn't you agree ???

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
Costa Rica have more passion for the game and a better structure to develop the game in their country. I may be wrong but Costa Rica is quite a rich country and they don't really have problems financing their leagues, national team and youth deveoplemt system. On the other hand Trinidad and Tobago have problems in this area. We can't afford to send teams to Concacaf Club Champions and run a quite efficient local proffesional football league. Before World Cup qualification we couldn;t even get enought corporate sponsorship for the football team and just to know how backwards things are the government can't reward the Trinidad and Tobago team as yet not that they ought too but it is a promise they made. You don't build a great team overnight but i think teams like Costa Rica have a vision of where they want their football to go. The TTFF kinda lack that vision but it seems that this world cup qualification is a stepping stone of good things to come.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 04:40:12 PM »

A solid National Team program... emphasizing on continuity and team growth.... no setta hiring and firing of coaches... no setta interference from the "Administrators"

answer kind of ok but  this one wey wrong dread..CR Higher and fire about 2 coaches a year Trus mi. CR will fya a coach on Monday and tuesday higher another ..cum round by Thursday dem re hire  de coach de fired on Monday..Thats why I tink dey do not have a good prgram ..I mean CR have been thru about 10 coaches in the last 5 years..
waramonga..
I feal CR is not dat Far ahead of TNT in football  and if dey can do it maybe TNT can ...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 06:17:35 PM »
Costa Rica did fire there coach after they draw with we in the Hex and then hire back the same coach that led them in 2002 World Cup.

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 09:56:47 PM »
Wow who would have thought it... Costa Rica with no high placed executives have become a consistent force in CONCACAF

What is de main difference with Trinidad and Tobago football and Costa Rican football?? hmmmm

A thiriving football culture along with ah solid profitable professional league firmly entrenched in the grassroots....

A successful youth program that has qualified multiple youth teams to World Cups.. compare this to TNT's lone qualification....

Now warmonga ask yuhself

WHY or WHO is responsible for taking football away from the grassroots and communities!
WHY we have had SEVEN National team coaches in the last 6 years.... and countless other foreign flops and recycled locals during the nineties?
WHY we have had upper level administration hiring and firing players and coaches at a whim?

well put FF
I agree wit yuh....
They have the ability and the resources to step up the level when they need it in the qualifiers... that's why they have become a powerhouse in de region... it ent luck...they inconsistent while they do it but at the end of the day they reach where they hadda reach...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 10:01:26 PM »

hopefully if we qualify 1st in de group we beating costa rica in de 2nd round  :beermug:

Offline Trinidadam

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 06:53:31 AM »
If most of our players were able to kick ball in the same country and half the team play for the same club, I would hope that they would produce some results. So lets call back all we stars to kick in the ProL and win the world cup come 2010 ;). All kicks aside check out where the Costa Rica nationals earn their wages.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 05:37:44 PM »

warmonga

Now warmonga ask yuhself

oh and i thought we got to the world cup because we have  Jack warner ?
I guessI was just reading HIS  comments......  remind me of de time when PNM was boasting of free education and someone asked how come barbados was doing it when deh had no Pnm ? get rid of the cancer and the body has chance to heal I say ....or perish in blissful ignorance !

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »
What is making Costa Rica a strong team is the strength of their club teams.  Check out their performances in the Concacaf Champions Cup so far this year.  They have two clubs that beating MLS clubs like is no big deal.  A strong local pool, fueled mainly by Saprisa, with the sprinkling of European players, has allowed them to be very successful.  They seem to hold their own in internatinals also, and their skill level is very good.  I find their players to be technically solid, and very skillful.  Their biggest downfall is thier inconsistency at times; they'll beat Mexico and the US on their good day, and them may lose to Panama.  If they could find a little more consistency, they would be very dangerous come Gemrnay.

Offline fire

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Costa Rica Boss Reads Riot Act
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 01:52:58 PM »
COSTA RICA BOSS READS RIOT ACT Posted: 02/06/06

http://worldcup.sportinglife.com/football/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/06/06/02/SOCCER_Crc-Costa_Rica.html

Costa Rica's coach Alexandre Guimaraes has lambasted his reserve players for a disappointing display in the 1-0 defeat by the Czech Republic.Guimaraes felt his second string had done nothing to dissuade him from the team he has in mind for the World Cup opener with Germany on June 9.

Guimaraes told Radio Colombia: "They did not want to play from the kick-off."I have the line-up to play against Germany in the first match. But some players do not understand about the World Cup."I am angry because some players do not understand that they have the chance to win a place but that they failed to take advantage of that chance."Referring to his likely starting line-up against Germany, he said: "If I had some doubts before, the players made me it easy."

1]; } ?>