May 14, 2024, 11:57:05 PM

Author Topic: RF Jamaica in trouble : Three players expelled from RBoyz camp  (Read 5708 times)

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RF Jamaica in trouble : Three players expelled from RBoyz camp
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 06:25:42 AM »
My advice to this troubled team is to go home and save us from the embarassment against england on saturday.
Me thinks they go need more than a motivational speaker...lol :rotfl:
Also Deon Burton used to play for one ah the worse teams in the league, Rotherham, until he went to Sheff Wednesday...
Surely this must paly into the hands of England, who is in need of a boost before the Paraguay match.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2006, 06:26:13 AM »

They re-instated them you say RF.. ? What kinda panty man show going on there!?

Again, Jamaica's football are in the hands of total idiots, from JFF president right down to coach. They cant command the respect of the players...

Burrell on his way back in...so this is only temporary.

What if Robbie Earle & John Barnes were in charge..................

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2006, 06:27:35 AM »
My advice to this troubled team is to go home and save us from the embarassment against england on saturday.
Me thinks they go need more than a motivational speaker...lol :rotfl:
Also Deon Burton used to play for one ah the worse teams in the league, Rotherham, until he went to Sheff Wednesday...
Surely this must paly into the hands of England, who is in need of a boost before the Paraguay match.
and scored 14 goals with that terrible team(this season) before he got a transfer and injured

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2006, 06:35:55 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Question:
Have u ever seen England pick any players from the lower basement leagues to represent dem?
Jamaica flopped spectacularly in Concacaf in the preliminaries....
Now they over here taking a beating from Australia/Ghana 0-5.....1-4.....
My prayers r wit dem on Sat.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2006, 06:39:35 AM »
Question:
Have u ever seen England pick any players from the lower basement leagues to represent dem?

TICKET
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2006, 06:43:50 AM »
Question:

Steven George Bull (STEVE BULL) (born 28 March 1965) is an E****** footballer who had a long and successful career with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

His career was launched with Tipton Town. He transferred to Wolves from the club's arch-rivals, West Bromwich Albion in 1986 for a fee of £65,000 and played there until to 1999, he holds a number of club records:

Top goal-scorer : 306 goals
Top league goal-scorer : 250 goals
Most goals in a season : 52 goals (1987/88)
Most hat-tricks : 18
International Caps : 13
International Goals : 4
He is regarded as such a legend at the club that one of the main stands at their football ground, the Molineux, is named after him.

His debut for Wolves was against Wrexham on 22 November 1986. He made 464 league appearances for the club, 561 appearances in total. On leaving Wolves, he went on to play 12 games for Hereford United where he rejoined his old manager Graham Turner.

Bull scored 52 goals in all competitions during the 1987-88 season as Wolves won the Fourth Division championship and became the first of only two teams (the other is Burnley) to have been champions of all four divisions in the E******  league. The following season he inspired Wolves to a second successive promotion, this time as Third Division champions, with a total of 53 goals - marking an incredible tally of 105 goals in 2 seasons. While still playing in the Third Division, he was selected for the E****** team and scored against Scotland on his debut at Hampden Park.
Bull continued to perform well in the second tier of the English league, and stayed loyal to his Midlands roots despite interest from the likes of Aston Villa, Coventry City, Newcastle United and even the Italian giants Juventus. He was determined to restore Wolves to their rightful place in the top division.

Steve Bull was capped 13 times for the E****** team, and scored a total of 4 goals in the build up to Italia 90. He famously scored on his E****** debut after coming on as a substitute against Scotland in 1989. He went on to score 2 more goals in a friendly against Czechoslovakia in 1990 - 1 of which was voted in as number 37 of E****** 50 Greatest Goals. His final E****** goal was against Tunisia, which earned him a place in Bobby Robson's World Cup Squad.

Despite starting his international career well, Steve Bull did not score another goal for England. He played 4 times during Italia 90 - 3 times as a substitute against Republic of Ireland, Holland and Belgium and once as a starter against Egypt. His final match for E******  was in October 1990 against Poland, but was not picked by his future Wolves manager, Graham Taylor.

He came close to achieving his amibition of reaching the top flight in 1995 and 1997, but Wolves lost in the playoffs both times. During his final two seasons at the Molineux, his chances of first-team football were reduced by a series of knee injuries. And in July 1999, the 34-year-old Bull finally gave in and announced his retirement.

But he soon returned to playing as player-coach of Hereford United in the Conference, working under his former Wolves manager Graham Turner.

Known by his adoring fans as 'Bully' for his club loyalty, rapport with supporters and passion for the game he received an MBE for services to Association Football in December 1999, shortly after retiring as a first class player.

Steve Bull played a handful of First Division games for West Bromwich Albion during the mid 1980's, but apart from that his career was spent outside the top division.

I see your point but Jamaica's Premier League is not better than those basement leagues & I answered your question ;) I dont know why you were laughing I was just saying that you trying to make out burton to be real bad when hes the best you got at this moment to choose from!;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:47:32 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2006, 06:54:20 AM »
Point taken.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2006, 07:19:48 AM »
two of the players have since been re-instated....

The problem facing Jamaica's football at the moment is lack of leadership...The coach cannot command the respect of the players.
Andy Williams recently retired from international football simply because he is does not see eye to eye with the coaching staff....Tyrome Marshall, arguably our best defender at the moment has not been called to the squad for recent games..he also have been critical of the team....Whitmore too has retired from international football.

Horace Burrell will return to the helm soon.....then and only then will our football be saved from the sorry asses that are in power at the moment.

For any Caribbean team to do well in football at the international level, a foreign coach with experience is required...simoes and Beenhakker has proven it. The likes of St. Claire, Downswell and Carl Brown etc dont have the capacity to deal with football outside of the caribben, let alone CONCACAF, let alone the wider world level.

RF I agree with you. T&T is not far behind. Without Uncle Jack this team will be watching from home and I ask anyone to prove me wrong. The TTFF and the JFF lack the institutional capacity to get things done. After the World Cup the TTFF is going to be in the a mess mark my words.

My dream is to see Jamaica and T&T play each other in a World Cup one day with T&T wining 2-1.  :)

However, that will not happen as long as the jackasses who run the JFF and TTFF are still in control.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2006, 07:23:54 AM »

The problem facing Jamaica's football at the moment is lack of leadership...The coach cannot command the respect of the players.
Andy Williams recently retired from international football simply because he is does not see eye to eye with the coaching staff....Tyrome Marshall, arguably our best defender at the moment has not been called to the squad for recent games..he also have been critical of the team....Whitmore too has retired from international football.

Horace Burrell will return to the helm soon.....then and only then will our football be saved from the sorry asses that are in power at the moment.

For any Caribbean team to do well in football at the international level, a foreign coach with experience is required...simoes and Beenhakker has proven it. The likes of St. Claire, Downswell and Carl Brown etc dont have the capacity to deal with football outside of the caribben, let alone CONCACAF, let alone the wider world level.

RF I agree with you. T&T is not far behind. Without Uncle Jack this team will be watching from home and I ask anyone to prove me wrong. The TTFF and the JFF lack the institutional capacity to get things done. After the World Cup the TTFF is going to be in the a mess mark my words.

My dream is to see Jamaica and T&T play each other in a World Cup one day with T&T wining 7-1:)

However, that will not happen as long as the jackasses who run the JFF and TTFF are still in control.
good post :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2006, 03:11:03 PM »

RF.  For once, ah seeing eye-to-eye with yuh. ;D  Well said.  Our Caribbean coaches are still short of the experience to be successful at the international level.  Our coaching needs to catch up with the pace at which we are producing decent players that can ply their trade abroad.  There needs to be a heavy investment in upgrading the standard of coaching in the Caribbean.  This is one of the biggest deterrents to the advancement of the game in the region.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
REGGAE BOYZ: THIS IS OUR WORLD CUP
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2006, 11:46:14 PM »
REGGAE BOYZ: THIS IS OUR WORLD CUP
By Ben Collins, PA Sport

2 June 2006

Jamaica have warned they will be giving it their all to get one over 'Mother England' when they face Sven-Goran Eriksson's men at Old Trafford on Saturday.

There was a carnival atmosphere at the Walkers Stadium on Monday as the Reggae Boyz suffered a 4-1 friendly defeat to World Cup qualifiers Ghana.

But Bradford goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts, Jamaica captain in the absence of injured Bolton midfielder Ricardo Gardner, believes they will not be so hospitable against England.

"Any game of football means a lot to me," he said.

"Playing against Ghana means a lot to me, playing against Michael Essien and Stephen Appiah because I like those players.

"Playing against England, we will relish that game for a lot of reasons.

"We played Ghana in a friendly spirit because they are our brothers and we want them to do well at the World Cup, so come Saturday you'll see a different kind of performance."

Most Jamaicans are of west African descent, which Jamaica coach Wendell Downswell felt made for a special occasion in Leicester.

But with Jamaica being a former British colony, he believes the second game of their two-match tour of England will be a more hostile affair.

"You could see that friendly rivalry (against Ghana)," he said. "The game was played in the true spirit but I think we showed too much respect to the Ghanaians, especially in the first half.

"But overall it was a tremendous experience, an historical feat to play Ghana for the first time, in England, and hopefully we can continue to build and foster a healthy relationship.

"We're quite confident for the England game," he added.

"Despite the result, we feel in good spirits overall.

"This was a testing ground for us, this was part of our preparation because, ultimately, we see the England game as our World Cup, and the fact that we're a former colony of England gives us a big sense of motivation.

"So therefore we'll be much more charged up, we'll be highly motivated, but we'll also look at it from a strategic standpoint.

"We're going to be much more positive and much more explosive in terms of our approach."

England arranged the fixture with Jamaica as preparation for their World Cup group game against Trinidad and Tobago, also a former British colony.

And the game should serve not only to help England's stars get used to the Caribbean playing style, but also to show them just how much the Caribbean people are longing to see an upset.

"I haven't seen Trinidad and Tobago play recently but as a Caribbean country, we sincerely wish them all the best," added Downswell.

"The fact that we went to the World Cup (in 1998) and they were fully behind us means the Jamaicans will be fully behind them now.

"We'll be rooting for them and we'll keep our fingers crossed that they'll be able to advance and create a positive impact at the World Cup."

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2006, 04:19:00 AM »

King quits Jamaica in dispute over towels, payments and curfews

Matt Scott
Friday June 2, 2006
The Guardian

Marlon King is in dispute with Jamaica after quitting the national team squad who will provide England's final World Cup warm-up opposition. The Watford striker is understood to have complained to Jamaica's football authorities and the island's sports ministry about what he sees as the unprofessional approach of the team management towards the visit to England.

King said he was angry that the team were called to convene for the international friendly against the World Cup qualifiers Ghana only 30 minutes before the kick-off. Jamaica lost the match in Leicester on Monday 4-1 and King was dismayed that only three towels were made available to players after the game.

Article continues
He allowed these frustrations to spill over into a verbal attack on the Jamaican football association's president Crenston Boxhill when the pair clashed after team management alleged he had broken a curfew on Wednesday night.

King arrived back at the team hotel shortly before 2am yesterday, after enjoying a night out with his fellow Jamaica internationals Jason Euell and Jamal Campbell-Ryce, to find that his room had been locked.

"When we got back to our rooms at 2am our doors were locked and we were told by hotel security staff we had five minutes to leave," King said, adding that he then chose to "go home and clear my head".

He took a taxi from Manchester to Bromley, Kent, after the incident. He insisted that curfews had been imposed only for the final 48 hours before the game and he was therefore not in breach of any team rules.

Boxhill claimed, however, that there had been impropriety and the striker's departure from the team camp was not of his own volition.

"If one of your children breaks the rules, you deal with it accordingly. It is the same concept," said the president. "There was more to it than just breaking curfew and coming late. Marlon King was rude and unapologetic in the discussion that the management team had with him, which was what really warranted him being expelled from the camp."

King has apologised for being "rude" to Boxhill but insists that because he had known of no curfew he had nothing else for which to apologise. According to a statement on the Jamaican federation's website, Euell and Campbell-Ryce were also ejected from the squad but were reinstated after forfeiting 50% of their match fees.

According to a source close to King, it was the issue of player payments which had initially caused the dispute. "There had been a match-fee meeting for the Jamaica-based players, who were on pennies," said the source.

"The senior players, Jason Euell and Marlon in particular, spoke up on their behalf and as a result their match fees went up. The [Jamaica management team] had their back up because of that."

King, who has been replaced in the Jamaica squad by Sheffield Wednesday's Deon Burton, had offered to donate his own match fee to charitable causes in Jamaica. He has received the full support of his club Watford, for whom he scored 21 goals last season, a contribution which proved critical to the club's promotion to the Premiership via the play-offs.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »

i wonder what the indiscipline was..

a man must be rope een a bess english ting in he room after curfew, ah next man ask for a beat and get blank so he inform on de scene. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>