April 29, 2024, 01:39:23 AM

Author Topic: What goin on ,on d radio?  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
What goin on ,on d radio?
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:22:10 PM »
We are currently about 3 days way from the kick off of the first ever game Trinidad is to play in d world cup, so everybody startin to get a bit excited. I put on d radio 2 see if i can find a Lil soca and wat will i hear dancehall reggae. I not saying i doe like d music i enjoy it very much but the lack of our culture at such a crucial time we need a lil soca this is TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SOCA WARRIORS NOT TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO REGGAE BOYS sorry if i offend anybody but this is jus my point of view plz delete if anybody find it out of place
T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What goin on ,on d radio?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 06:24:23 PM »
i agree with yuh.......all now they should be playing soca 24/7
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 06:27:07 PM »
We are currently about 3 days way from the kick off of the first ever game Trinidad is to play in d world cup, so everybody startin to get a bit excited. I put on d radio 2 see if i can find a Lil soca and wat will i hear dancehall reggae. I not saying i doe like d music i enjoy it very much but the lack of our culture at such a crucial time we need a lil soca this is TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SOCA WARRIORS NOT TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO REGGAE BOYS sorry if i offend anybody but this is jus my point of view plz delete if anybody find it out of place

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Wha u apologizin for, u dam right...we on the eve of our 1st ever game at a WC and reggae dong d line, i was thinkin d same thing drivin to work 2day.
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 06:28:21 PM »
man dais y i does have meh kiss meha s internet tuned in to 919 BASHMENT STATION I FED UP OF DE RAP AND RAGEE ALL DE TIME..WE CULTURE FUS ES WHO EH LIKE IT KIS SMY BIG BLACK..4##$ :-*
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:02:19 PM »
for years dat has been happening to OUR music.
i can remember way back, like before donkey was born, Reggae was playing DURING carnival. :o :o
ok, it was in 197....... you get de picture

choose ya music here
http://www.islandevents.com/multimedia/publish/audio.shtml
http://www.tntingermany.com/music.php
http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/index.htm
http://www.trinijunglejuice.com/socamusic.html#2006_Soca

Reggae is part of your culture. It's Caribbean music. As a kid growing up in Jamaica, I used to listen to Lord Laro and Byron Lee, sparrow and Colin Lucas soca music on the radio every saturday morning.

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 07:10:30 PM »
De should be jamming all de football chunes, from de strike squard days up until now!!!!

Football Dance
On De Road
Strike Squad Target Target
Time fuh Germany
Fighter
All All de football chune they should be jaming...Today i was listening to Red 96 from wuk..and is only Reggae & Rap they playing....

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 07:33:42 PM »
man dais y i does have meh kiss meha s internet tuned in to 919 BASHMENT STATION I FED UP OF DE RAP AND RAGEE ALL DE TIME..WE CULTURE FUS ES WHO EH LIKE IT KIS SMY BIG BLACK..4##$ :-*

Yo I lost that link..post it for we nah

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 07:51:38 PM »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 07:57:42 PM »

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 08:02:55 PM »
www.soca919.com

Yeah Blessed...but it aint playing

ah think something wrong with they link because today i was trying to listen to it at wuk and it wasn't playing...ah trying right now ah gain and it not playing....

Hard luck dey Rastman...Just keep checking back to see if it wuking

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 08:03:56 PM »
www.soca919.com

Yeah Blessed...but it aint playing

ah think something wrong with they link because today i was trying to listen to it at wuk and it wasn't playing...ah trying right now ah gain and it not playing....

Hard luck dey Rastman...Just keep checking back to see if it wuking
Cool Thanks  :beermug:

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 08:20:25 PM »
http://www.trinijunglejuice.com/soundengine.html

here try this.....most of them radio stations on de right don't work.....but if yuh only want soca click the toronto radio station.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 04:51:43 AM »
Reggae is part of your culture. It's Caribbean music. As a kid growing up in Jamaica, I used to listen to Lord Laro and Byron Lee, sparrow and Colin Lucas soca music on the radio every saturday morning.

RF alyou jcans like to pound that caribbean line real hard (except when is federation) I agree with you to some extent but with your logic phil collins and bryan adams is my culture as well, same as Ja rule and Puff Daddy
... And i suppose same goes for Kassav, Haiti Troubadors and Carlos Santana since that is also Caribbean music.
I don't see anyone in europe (who have their federation by the way) talking about 'European Music...I wonder why?

As a kid growing up in Jca you get to listen to soca but ours growing up in Trini in the next ten years might not have that luxury outside of carnival...

Whatever u say I sure that 3 days before Jamaica first match in 98, no station in jamaica was playing no soca...NOT ONE!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>