April 28, 2024, 03:38:37 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the 32 World Cup Squads.  (Read 30413 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No Roque Junior...Well Done Parreira
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
Wha bout Edu who leave Arsenal and went Valencia

he fall off the earth or wha??

injured
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »
no belletti, no sylvinho no motta
ah gaw dey killin me, dey cudda use denilson to
buh is da de same ricardinho from who used to play for boro?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2006, 11:58:51 AM »
why no serginho as backup left back??

why no danny alves as backup right back??

but de team is a definite bomb

Good point only one recognized left back, unless perriera is saying to himself ZeRoberto could do the job if need be? I surprise Motta eh get a call he had a good season, but then in place of whom.

nah ze roberto is mainly used as a defensive mid alongside emerson...........but wit gilberto dere....its a tussle 4 dat spot

Men like dey confusing Gilberto and Gilberto Silva....

talking bout no cover for left back and all kinda ting

exactly...anybody who watch Confederation's Cup would have seen Gilberto started every game at left back. Gilberto Silva from Arsenal is a different player. They are both on the team. Only man who feel bad for really, is Renato. The man was a regular for Brazil right through, first defensive midfielder off the bench. But that was because Gilberto Silva had a long term back injury and Emerson was only reselected to the squad after the Copa America. He is a decent youth and having a great season with Sevilla. Edu and

Baptista is actually having a decent second half of the season with Madrid and is playing better and scoring more than Robinho right now (after looking out of his league for about half the season). The problem is, Baptista is not considered a forward for Brazil. When Sevilla signed him from the Brazil Under 23 team after the Gold Cup, he was a defensive midfielder. Even after the Sevilla coach converted him into a striker, he still played a few times for Brazil as a defensive midfielder. Now he is an attacking mid for Madrid...IMO he is still a better defensive midfielder

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »
cafu or cicinho?
gilberto silva or edmilson?
an i wudda easy pick baptista over robinho

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2006, 12:02:02 PM »

if is 4-4-2 as usual they playing my guess is Ronaldo and Adriano up front with Kaka and Ronaldinho behind...Robinho to be subbed...check dat attack nah

I see them playing a 4-5-1
With Ronaldo alone up front and Kaka and Ronaldinho bringing up the rear

Més que un club.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 32 World Cup Squads.
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »
Max Vieri cant make Australia's team but he will make Italy...he is not that good...his best bet to play in the WC is playing for Australia.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2006, 12:06:27 PM »

if is 4-4-2 as usual they playing my guess is Ronaldo and Adriano up front with Kaka and Ronaldinho behind...Robinho to be subbed...check dat attack nah

de man done say he playing he "magic" quartet.... Ronaldo, Adriano, Ronaldinho and Kaka

Look de madness I want to see ....  ;D

--------------------------Dida--------------------------
Cafu----------Lucio-----------Juan--------R.Carlos
-----------------------Emerson----------------------
--------------------------Kaka-------------------------
Robinho---------------------------------Ronaldinho
----------------Adriano----------Ronaldo-------------

kyah kyah kyah.....

See how much yuh could score on dat side.... they go find one more
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:10:41 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2006, 12:07:52 PM »
nah disgruntled is 4-4-2
de coach name he squad already

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2006, 12:09:10 PM »

They playing ah 4-4-2 according to the coach with Adriano and Ronaldo up front...u think Brazil could line up ah 4-5-1 and take the field...ppl will get heart attack in Brazil.

As of now, Parreira said is line up for the first game is Dida; Cafu, Lucio,Juan.Roberto Carlos;Emerson, ZeRoberto, Kaka, Ronaldinho; Ronaldo and Adriano.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2006, 12:11:33 PM »
da ze roberto ting kill me
i was shocked

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2006, 12:13:25 PM »

a midfield with no steel
that jes design for lash

Més que un club.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2006, 12:13:59 PM »
i was shocked

nah Brej, Parreira real like Ze Roberto...he wasn't even in the squad constantly before until parreira take the helm....Ze Roberto is one of de best in the Bundesliga and one of the most consistent performers...I glad he make it

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2006, 12:15:07 PM »
buh das not de lineup FF jus make da up heself
coach name he lineup aredy

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2006, 12:16:04 PM »
Max Vieri cant make Australia's team but he will make Italy...he is not that good...his best bet to play in the WC is playing for Australia.

I see your point that if he is not good enough for the aussie, he is defintely not good enough for the azzuri. My point was even if improves to the level of his brother he has no chance of playing for the azzuri who has made it to every wc since 1958. The aussie has not played in WC since 1974 given that track record even if he improves his chances of playing are actually very slim.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2006, 12:16:21 PM »

a midfield with no steel
that jes design for lash

Yes dat kinda line-up cyah run nowadays nah... but ah fella could dream right?

;D

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2006, 12:16:59 PM »
i was shocked

nah Brej, Parreira real like Ze Roberto...he wasn't even in the squad constantly before until parreira take the helm....Ze Roberto is one of de best in the Bundesliga and one of the most consistent performers...I glad he make it
i eh suprised he make it
i jus suprised he startin
how old is he now must be at least 30

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2006, 12:21:04 PM »
i was shocked

i eh suprised he make it
i jus suprised he startin
how old is he now must be at least 30

I think he is 31...but age is not important..ask Yorke...Ze Roberto was unlucky to not make the last WC squad..he is a very good player.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2006, 12:26:07 PM »
Yahoo Sports
Brazil's Adriano is a player for the big occasion

RIO DE JANEIRO, May 15 (Reuters) - Brazil striker Adriano's recent poor form for Inter Milan is not a concern and national coach Carlos Alberto Parreira expects him to come good on the big occasion.

As expected, Adriano was included in Brazil's World Cup squad on Monday and has been given a place alongside Ronaldo in the starting line-up for their opening match against Croatia on June 13.

Parreira has already announced his team for the game, barring injuries.

"Adriano is the sort of player who comes good at the right moment," Parreira told reporters. "When he's needed by Brazil, he appears. He was there at the Copa America (in 2004) and the Confederations Cup (in 2005)."

"Besides, when he is with the Brazilian team, he finds affection. He likes playing for Brazil and he feels very happy with the other players."

Adriano finished top scorer when Brazil won the 2004 Copa America, even though he only played because Parreira decided to field a second-string team.

He repeated the trick at the Confederations Cup, winning a place after Ronaldo asked not
to play and was top scorer with five goals.

RIO DE JANEIRO, May 15 (Reuters) - Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira said he was not contemplating anything other than another World Cup victory as the defending champions named their 23-man squad for the finals on Monday.

Parreira, who sprang no surprises, said Brazil would be wary of pitfalls but that his mind was set on an unprecented sixth world title.

"We just think about winning," he said after announcing his choices.

"We don't allow negative thoughts anywhere near us, they take a long by-pass. Nobody is prepared for a defeat, we are prepared to win."

"We have a lot of quality," he added. "If you stop Ronaldinho, there are three or four others who can win a match. If you stop Ronaldo, another one pops up."

However, Parreira promised that Brazil, who face Croatia, Australia and Japan in their first-round group, would not take any of their opponents lightly.

"We know the World Cup is a treacherous competition," he said. "There are just seven games, it's knockout from the fourth game onwards and the technically weaker teams can spring surprises.

"It (being favourites) won't interfere, it's something that comes from outside. The players are very conscious that on the field, everything is equal and it's 11 against 11.

"We have to treat each game as a final and give each opponent our full respect, otherwise anybody could surprise us."

NOT NERVOUS

Parreira, who was also in charge when Brazil won the 1994 World Cup, denied he had been edgy when he named the Brazil World Cup squad for the second time in his career.

"I've never felt as calm and relaxed as I am today, despite the great responsibility of picking a Brazil squad for the World Cup," he said. "It's all perfectly under control."

The squad included Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Kaka with none of the biggest names missing and had been widely guessed beforehand, which did not worry Parreira.

"This shows that our job was done with good sense, criteria, and justice," he said. "I am happy people got it right. This is not the time for doubts, uncertainties and surprises."

One of the few eye-catching choices was Sao Paulo goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni, the scorer of over 50 goals from free kicks and penalties in his career. He won a place as third-choice keeper.

Marcos, the previous selection who plays for Palmeiras and was ever-present in the 2002 campaign, has failed to regain fitness after a series of nagging injuries.

There was no place for central defender Roque Junior but Gilberto, another German-based player, won a spot as reserve to Roberto Carlos at left back.

"A lot of excellent players have missed out, but we can't contemplate everyone," said Parreira

Twenty-one of the players are based abroad and the squad included 11 survivors from 2002. Ronaldo and Cafu were also present in 1994.

Parreira admitted there was concern that his side had not played a competitive international since their 3-0 win over Venezuela last October.

"We will have to work hard to overcome this handicap," he said. "But we have a base which was mounted over two years during the qualifiers so we're not starting from zero."

The world champions have one warm-up friendly to play against New Zealand in Geneva on June 4.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Dida (AC Milan), Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Rogerio Ceni (Sao Paulo)

Defenders: Cafu (AC Milan), Cicinho (Real Madrid), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Juan (Bayer Leverkusen), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid), Gilberto (Hertha Berlin), Cris (Olympique Lyon), Luisao (Benfica)

Midfielders: Edmilson (Barcelona), Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyon), Emerson (Juventus), Ze Roberto (Bayern Munich), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Kaka (AC Milan), Ricardinho (Corinthians)

Forwards: Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Robinho (Real Madrid), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Adriano (Inter Milan), Fred (Olympique Lyon)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2006, 12:28:59 PM »
Wait nah.... is ONE warm-up Brazil playing on June 4th before de World Cup!!   :o :o

Best dey did give we ah sweat in de Mother of All Games!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2006, 12:31:36 PM »
Ze Roberto is a very fit and strong player.  Age not keepin him back at all.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2006, 12:40:30 PM »

I see your point that if he is not good enough for the aussie, he is defintely not good enough for the azzuri. My point was even if improves to the level of his brother he has no chance of playing for the azzuri who has made it to every wc since 1958. The aussie has not played in WC since 1974 given that track record even if he improves his chances of playing are actually very slim.

I see ur point but I doubt he could improve that much, he is already 26....he has spent most of his career in Serie B and he still hasn't made a big mark there.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
Re: Look How these guys TRAIN !!!
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »
dats nuttin. small trainin compared to what i hear jabloteh players train.

i hear during preseason they run twice around the savannah then jog through maraval and run up to the top of paramin. stop. tek a break drink some water eat some crix and then run down paramin and jog to maracas. eat a bake and shark as a snack then run to santa cruz then race to home base in san juan. every man running as one group chatting and laughing until they reach santa cruz. yuh cant break the pack until then.  ::) :o

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2006, 01:59:16 PM »
Seems like Italy and Germany are the only teams with 100% locally based players.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
final Czech squad
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2006, 03:38:31 PM »
This de Czech Republic squad we facing fuh de friendly:

Czech Republic Squad:

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech (Chelsea), Jaromir Blazek (Sparta Prague), Antonin Kinsky (Saturn Ramenskoye)

Defenders: Zdenek Grygera (Ajax), Pavel Mares (Zenit St. Petersburg), David Rozehnal (Paris Saint-Germain), Tomas Ujfalusi (Fiorentina), Radoslav Kovac (Spartak Moscow), Martin Jiranek (Spartak Moscow), Marek Jankulovski (AC Milan)

Midfielders: Tomas Galasek (Ajax), Karel Poborsky (Ceske Budejovice), Jan Polak (FC Nuremberg), Tomas Rosicky (Borussia Dortmund), Vladimir Smicer (Bordeaux), David Jarolim (Hamburger SV), Jaroslav Plasil (Monaco), Pavel Nedved (Juventus)  :challenge:

Forwards: Milan Baros (Aston Villa), Jiri Stajner (Hannover), Marek Heinz (Galatasaray), Jan Koller (Borussia Dortmund), Vratislav Lokvenc (Salzburg)

can't wait  :beermug:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2006, 03:45:59 PM »
SPAIN CUT MORIENTES

WDMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feelin it for d man

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2006, 03:51:22 PM »
SPAIN CUT MORIENTES

WDMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feelin it for d man

i was thinking about that
boss player...i feelin for him
I would start him over Raul

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2006, 05:50:08 PM »
he a boss    but he will NEVER start over raul

KURANI out of German Squad!!

WHATTTTT!!!!

WDMC

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »
dats nuttin. small trainin compared to what i hear jabloteh players train.

i hear during preseason they run twice around the savannah then jog through maraval and run up to the top of paramin. stop. tek a break drink some water eat some crix and then run down paramin and jog to maracas. eat a bake and shark as a snack then run to santa cruz then race to home base in san juan. every man running as one group chatting and laughing until they reach santa cruz. yuh cant break the pack until then.  ::) :o

small thing. i hear AIA does run round de savannah and finish ah 10 bag ah palori eating one ah lap. then run from oxford street chip chip chip chip, then cross de stage, go back up st james and jog on de spot till hosay, then run up morvant play malick in ah small goal competition, then run to the pitch lake, then run to debe, then run up de main road to san juan through de old road to straight up paramin then hike to shodo.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2006, 07:19:47 PM »
steups..them men now jump out dey car to join Wanchope and dem in a small goal sweat ;D ;D

Costa Rica is meh Concacaf side after T&T
Big up the Ticos

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2006, 07:30:26 PM »

I'm also impressed that they are willing to train wearing Joma....dat's just plain embarrasing.

What is important is that they training, not what they wearing. We want to be GQ whle we training and we ketching hell to beat Costa Rica who have been to the WC several times.

Frivolous and stupid statement.  Teams shop around for the best deal.  We with Adidas and they cyar even get we flag right.  We might have been better off going wi th a smaller company that was hungrier to represent themselves.

Tenorsaw, you miss my point.  Is good to get a good shoe deal, but it is more important to train in whatever shoe you have and win.  Costa Rica has a good track record of winning despite deh shoes.  We don't have that yet!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>