April 27, 2024, 01:28:27 PM

Author Topic: ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH TO QUALIFY?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH TO QUALIFY?
« on: May 25, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
I was told by a very reliable and intelligent source that the current crop of players aren't good enough to take T&T to Germany.  It was also sais that the performance in the last game was nothing special because Alianza Lima played the containing game, thus the reason for the unusual amount of posession in our half of the field, and that most reports on thr game thus far have been overstated.

What say you?

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH TO QUALIFY?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 03:05:43 PM »
howw u mean was told???

come watch the side play an see 4 ur self how we going germany

dont study people

true warrioir

GO TNT GO !!!!!!!
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 03:06:07 PM »
what makes your source reliable and intelligent ??? it is jus a matter of her personal opinion. many who saw the game beg to differ. ;)
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 04:12:34 PM »
reliable and intelligent??? steups!! I never hear so much dottishness in meh life before! you is KND brother?

do me one favour, ask your "reliable and intelligent" source if he thought the crop of players that greece had was good wnough to win the european championships, or if the crop of players that the west indies had was good enough to win the ICC trophy, or more recently, if the current crop of liverpool players was good enough to win the champoins league today!!!!!

No hard feelings though!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 04:50:48 PM »
reliable and intelligent??? steups!! I never hear so much dottishness in meh life before! you is KND brother?

do me one favour, ask your "reliable and intelligent" source if he thought the crop of players that greece had was good wnough to win the european championships, or if the crop of players that the west indies had was good enough to win the ICC trophy, or more recently, if the current crop of liverpool players was good enough to win the champoins league today!!!!!

No hard feelings though!

I agree with you.  Reliable and intelligent source? What makes that person reliable and intelligent?  Even if his/her intelligence and reliability can be proven, this still does not mean they are correct.  All that means is someone expressing his/her opinion.  Even the great Pele does talk some shit, i.e. Brazil stood no chance of winning the last World Cup after their poor performances in the World Cup Qualifiers.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 08:12:25 PM »
Palos, I think you should save this thread until the end of this round.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 08:58:22 PM »
NC

you have to believe in yuhself first.

There is no reason why we cant qualify.......it is difficult but not impossible.

Besides Nobody expects us to go to Germany anyway.....if we dont make it, its not a big surprise.

But I feel we will surprise people even if its from a Asian playoff.

Lastly,

Stop going on heresay........stop reading thing from the forum and these TT jounalisits.

I want you and all the posters who questioning and cyar believe that TT improving to first send some text message to TSTT and support the fellas and donate some money for the cause and then pay yuh money, sit down in the stadium and watch a game for yourself.

I feel alyuh ent realise the reality of the situation........we ent have to be Great, just better than Panama, Guatemala and Costa Rica, with that we will be in the World Cup.

If we reach world cup then we can talk about talent etc. But until then is who want it more and who prepare better.

Besides this is football.plenty surprises in store, Never know TT might be the first Caribbean side to beat Mexico at home in the Azteca.

1-0 on a Stern John goal ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline PanamaGil

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 09:14:46 PM »
Sorry mates, but the only way you are qualifying is if Papa Warner pops another miracle and convinces FIFA to let CONCACAF have 6 slots.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 07:40:59 AM »
NC

you have to believe in yuhself first.

There is no reason why we cant qualify.......it is difficult but not impossible.

Besides Nobody expects us to go to Germany anyway.....if we dont make it, its not a big surprise.

But I feel we will surprise people even if its from a Asian playoff.

Lastly,

Stop going on heresay........stop reading thing from the forum and these TT jounalisits.

I want you and all the posters who questioning and cyar believe that TT improving to first send some text message to TSTT and support the fellas and donate some money for the cause and then pay yuh money, sit down in the stadium and watch a game for yourself.

I feel alyuh ent realise the reality of the situation........we ent have to be Great, just better than Panama, Guatemala and Costa Rica, with that we will be in the World Cup.

If we reach world cup then we can talk about talent etc. But until then is who want it more and who prepare better.

Besides this is football.plenty surprises in store, Never know TT might be the first Caribbean side to beat Mexico at home in the Azteca.

1-0 on a Stern John goal ;D

Lets be clear, I have a very opstimistic outlook on life and you is very confident with myself.  However, we have to have these discussuins inorder to be sure that we set realistice expectation.  In your first paragraph you said "you have to believe in yuhself first.", then you said "Besides Nobody expects us to go to Germany anyway.....if we dont make it, its not a big surprise."  I am a bit confused.  With the talent that we have and the number of teams going from this region no one should be questioniong whether or not we would qualify, the only question should be about what group would we be in.  But the truth is everyone has talent and talent alone is not what it takes to be successful.  There are a lot of other areas that need developing and or changing, for example our mentality.  So, if we qualify that will be great, I hope we do.  But from a realistic point of view we did not have a proper system in place to develop our players o compete successfully at that level.  Does any od our professional teams have a sports psychologist on staff.  I know nine and ten year old in Brazil have access to such expertise as part of their development.  Anyhow we are still hoping for the best.

jusme

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 09:40:55 PM »
it is my humble opinion that the current crop of players is good enough to qualify.   always has been and confirmed tonight against panama 

1]; } ?>