March 28, 2024, 03:13:55 PM

Author Topic: John Obi Mikel to Chelsea spells DOOM for the rest of the Premiership......  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Along with the record-breaking signings of Ballack and Sheva, and the alleged rumours that Ashley (please doh embarrass meh like that again Mr. Ronaldinho) Cole may also be making his way over to Stamford Bridge, Chelsea's settlement with ManU and Lyn Oslo to sign the Nigerian phenom suggests Mourhino's desire to dominate the premiership for a few years well and win the CL as soon as possible.  Lionel Messi is a great young player that deserves a whole lot of the accolades that he receives........But anybody that paid attention to last year's Youth World Cup, particularly the final, cannot deny the talent of J.O. Mikel.  He really should have won Man-of the Match. He only need stay healthy (we all know what a BRUISER of a league the EPL is) and you folks will see what i'm talking about.  If Chelsea stay healthy, or avoid a nasty implosion, the other 19 teams in the EPL eh go see dey way next few seasons!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeah de man is a Beast like a horse speed an stamina some good skills to buh
CYAH TOUCH DE MESSIAH

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Along with the record-breaking signings of Ballack and Sheva, and the alleged rumours that Ashley (please doh embarrass meh like that again Mr. Ronaldinho) Cole may also be making his way over to Stamford Bridge, Chelsea's settlement with ManU and Lyn Oslo to sign the Nigerian phenom suggests Mourhino's desire to dominate the premiership for a few years well and win the CL as soon as possible.  Lionel Messi is a great young player that deserves a whole lot of the accolades that he receives........But anybody that paid attention to last year's Youth World Cup, particularly the final, cannot deny the talent of J.O. Mikel.  He really should have won Man-of the Match. He only need stay healthy (we all know what a BRUISER of a league the EPL is) and you folks will see what i'm talking about.  If Chelsea stay healthy, or avoid a nasty implosion, the other 19 teams in the EPL eh go see dey way next few seasons!!

he have no sweat to get.  none atall.  as they is say in the  dictionary: see Shawn Wright-Phillips.

His best bet for regular first team football is to go out on loan.  Watford would be a good choice.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I think carlton cole is also an example of a good young prospect who didn't get much of a bligh at Chelsea
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
so does this prove Chelsea was lying all along bout this supposed transfer..again?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 That youth man is not any joke. He will be competing for a place in the starting line-up. That is good for him at his age. Messi did it and look how big he is now. What Chelsea are looking for is depth. Lampard is 27-28 I believe, Ballack is 29...So in the next two years Mikel will take over one of these players positions. Makelele might move on in the next two years. Essien done filling in for Makelele. Joe Cole going to be 26 so he have a good few years in him still....Arjen Robben is 23...Kalou 20...John Terry 25...Gallas is about 27-28 so//.What Chelsea are doing is very smart..They have brought in big name players that will sell shirts as well as play good football. They have a very good chance of winning UEFA next year with the depth they have...And  EPL is their own again next year altough Man U has done a good job maturing that team they have...Chelsea will win titles in the next 2-3 years(maybe even UEFA)...And they will have young players like Mikel, Robben (if he still there), Joe Cole, Terry, Kalou...bring up a few youth players to fit in and break even in ten years and it all work out...Mourinho is a great coach on top of all of that...So who knows...But Real Madrid will always be my team...Next year for sure this year was a transition  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jahyouth and FLI!, trust when I tell you that Shaun Wright-Phillips is very good, but John Obi Mikel is BETTER!! and Carlton
Cole is a striker so, I can't really "compare" him to JOM, but I cantell you that JOM is better at what he does, than Carlton Cole is at what he does.  AT 19 he was voted second best player of the World Youth cup last year, behind Messi, and he is already starring for the Nigerian Senior team.  Check out his expliots at this year's African Cup of Nations tournament.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jahyouth and FLI!, trust when I tell you that Shaun Wright-Phillips is very good, but John Obi Mikel is BETTER!! and Carlton
Cole is a striker so, I can't really "compare" him to JOM, but I cantell you that JOM is better at what he does, than Carlton Cole is at what he does.  AT 19 he was voted second best player of the World Youth cup last year, behind Messi, and he is already starring for the Nigerian Senior team.  Check out his expliots at this year's African Cup of Nations tournament.

he didnt have any exploits at african nations, he wasnt that impressive at that tournament

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
he didnt have any exploits at african nations, he wasnt that impressive at that tournament

I saw him come on as a sub and score a goal...the man looked good, but I didn't watch the whole match so I really can't comment. Shrewd bit of business my ManUtd though...they get £££millions for a man who never even wore their shirt!!!

Chelsea could buy all the want. It just means that victories over them will be sweeter.  :beermug:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i only see dis fella in one or two highlights, but somehow ah don't think chelsea buy he to siddown next to jose on the bench like wright-phillips, he almost certain to be a starter or at least geh much more run that wright phillps did.......
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Its becoming a joke! Somebody go have to make room! Jose go tell dem about squad rotation and CL / FA and all that but at the end of the day dem men eh go want to sit for too long. The dressing room talk was that he was under real pressure this year from Drogba, Crespo, and Carvalho. Now he have, Geremi, Essien, Makalali, Ballack, Lampard, Kalou, Mikel. This year when I watch Chelsea Gudjohssen (spelling) was one of his best players and he played him in midfield??? Watch this team carefully tyey may just self destruct.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Its becoming a joke! Somebody go have to make room! Jose go tell dem about squad rotation and CL / FA and all that but at the end of the day dem men eh go want to sit for too long. The dressing room talk was that he was under real pressure this year from Drogba, Crespo, and Carvalho. Now he have, Geremi, Essien, Makalali, Ballack, Lampard, Kalou, Mikel. This year when I watch Chelsea Gudjohssen (spelling) was one of his best players and he played him in midfield??? Watch this team carefully tyey may just self destruct.

Funny how nobody aint saying that their team gonna topple Chelsea. Allyuh just reserving to "they gonna self destruct." Haha. No hope for the rest ah the prem. All the rest ah teams in England go hadda do like arsenal last year. Forget bout the prem all together and put all yuh energies into CL. One horse race  ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 07:23:03 AM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

just like the galacticos !!!!! too much of a good thing !
They will also have to get another accountant, psycologist,Pr manager and some heart pills if after spending more than 400 million pounds so far they lose a game to any other team in the EPL !

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
For what Chelsea shelling out for ah man that is 18 says a lot about the talent of the youth.  He should and will not be rushed into first team football.  If he progresses ahead of schedule, then Mourinho will play him.  Chelsea can afford to give him a run out against the lesser teams during the season.  I see him more as a longterm prospect, and I believe that is what they are paying for: his future value.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
They could be laundering money too !!! everyone knows there is a realistic price for a player and the Chelsea price ! paying more than 24 million euros for a player to sit on the bench reeks of somerthing other than football.
lets hope I am wrong and no one is arrested next season !

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

just like the galacticos !!!!! too much of a good thing !
They will also have to get another accountant, psycologist,Pr manager and some heart pills if after spending more than 400 million pounds so far they lose a game to any other team in the EPL !

Boss man. Like u can't understand that 400 million is chicken-feed to Roman. Bill Gates lossed 4 BILLION dollars just in Xbox last year. 40 billion in Vodafone shares! U think he taking heart pills? Haha. Allyuh kisksy yes. This is play money for billionaires. It is probably comparable to you going to the mall and buying a new XBox system. U realize that Roman could buy every single team in the prem and not sweat at all?And that my friend is the scary worrying thing, not for Roman, but the rest ah teams in the prem. Cause if the rules aren't soon changed, he could go about this experiment of his "legally" and buy and sell players as he sees fit. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 10:06:31 AM by SOBRIQUET »

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
chelsea know what they are doing,people think they wasting young players but thats not it,they are building for the future,but u see they have to buy these players before some one else buys them.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You're the first person I know of that watched him play in that tournement and says that he was unimpressive. 

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
with all dem players that r normally first team players at any other club, that bond to casue men to fight down each other.  now i eh no big epl fan, cept for any side a trini playin 4, (goes to any level in england), and i like to see liverpool play,

but arsenal go give dem a run for deh money. dem youthmen playin there heart out, now that there leader decided to stay ( ah was vex, cause i iz a barca man) they gonna run mass in de prem

;D ;D

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I looking at ah implosion ... Moureen-ho have too much manners on dem men , when things get rough , yuh going to have nasty seperation within the team..

I FOR MAN U , NOW AND FOREVER !!!
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
Alyuh bad talking Shawn Wright Phillip but remember Joe Cole came across when WesT Ham went down... and sit for a while and argue but he finally pay he dues and move into the squad..... SWP young.... so he lost he place in World Cup.... he go get other oppotunities...... The new player Jo mikel.. he will get his chance.....and will be big....he jus have to wait his turn..

Is not like them men was Veron age.. at that age yuh cyah afford to be sitting but them young...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Too much cooks spoil the broth...That Chelsea side will implode. This year they went overboard. Where Obi Mikel playing? As a winger or leftback? Cause he not in the centre of midfield with ballack, lampard and Makelele.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Too much cooks spoil the broth...That Chelsea side will implode. This year they went overboard. Where Obi Mikel playing? As a winger or leftback? Cause he not in the centre of midfield with ballack, lampard and Makelele.

Some reason at last... and you left out Essien, by the way.
Chelski is not building for the future... I defy anyone to point out any young exciting players from their academy who are being developed for the fisrt team. Chelsea fans (all two of you) let me hear you....
Chelsea is an experiment in Roman's and Jose's heads. When it comes to fruition or when they get bored (which ever comes first), they will pack up and move on to something new. Chelsea building for the future... what a joke! Does anyone see Jose M. at the Bridge in 5 years time and gaining tenure like Sir Alex, Wenger or Benitez? He will try to conquer all before him and ride out. Look at the timimg of his previous departures.
For all of you who were awake during the Mikel saga, you should kjnow the name John Shittu (aptly named, I must say). The whole saga reeks of the corruption and under handed dealings that are Chelsea signatures. United did a good deal of business in getting #12M for a player of at best questionable character, who did not want to play for them. Chelski are lucky that Lynn Oslo and ManU did not pursue the matter further; who knows what skeletons would have been uncovered... again, people who actually followed the saga would know.
This is the difference though... could you see Wenger, Benitez, Sir Alex taking on a player on their roster who is a proven liar? For these guys, it is about respecting club traditions, and developing a team around character. With Chelski, well anything goes. So, good luck to JOM, riding the pine, but once the cheque finds it's way to the bank every week... well, it's all good eh?
Chelski... steups. Enjoy the ride.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Not a Chelsea fan, but I can tell you that they are operating under a 10 yr plan to strengthen their academy to the likes of Man U and others. They are not operating by guess. They are forcing themselves to become a top club and winning while they do it. Not many clubs have that luxury. Mikel is only 18 and already starting for Nigeria.. if you know anything bout world footlball you know what that sez...Chelsea is on course for what they want to do and the G-14 clubs should be scared.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Some reason at last... and you left out Essien, by the way.
Chelski is not building for the future... I defy anyone to point out any young exciting players from their academy who are being developed for the fisrt team. Chelsea fans (all two of you) let me hear you....
Chelsea is an experiment in Roman's and Jose's heads. When it comes to fruition or when they get bored (which ever comes first), they will pack up and move on to something new. Chelsea building for the future... what a joke! Does anyone see Jose M. at the Bridge in 5 years time and gaining tenure like Sir Alex, Wenger or Benitez? He will try to conquer all before him and ride out. Look at the timimg of his previous departures.
For all of you who were awake during the Mikel saga, you should kjnow the name John Shittu (aptly named, I must say). The whole saga reeks of the corruption and under handed dealings that are Chelsea signatures. United did a good deal of business in getting #12M for a player of at best questionable character, who did not want to play for them. Chelski are lucky that Lynn Oslo and ManU did not pursue the matter further; who knows what skeletons would have been uncovered... again, people who actually followed the saga would know.
This is the difference though... could you see Wenger, Benitez, Sir Alex taking on a player on their roster who is a proven liar? For these guys, it is about respecting club traditions, and developing a team around character. With Chelski, well anything goes. So, good luck to JOM, riding the pine, but once the cheque finds it's way to the bank every week... well, it's all good eh?
Chelski... steups. Enjoy the ride.

Haha. funny how you mentioned Benitez as a "Tenured" coach.... And also labeled Mikel as a liar, when at 17 years old, the Great, "Respectful"  Man United sits this kid in a room with their lawyers and execs and has him  sign a contract without his lawyer present. Could you imagine for a second the kinda pressure u would feel at that moment, At 17! Cmon dude. And by the way, how many 18 yr olds in Man United starting squad? so what wrong with the man training and sitting for a year or two and learning from the great Maka, who don't have more than 2 years legs left in him. But no, unlike any other club, as soon as Chelsea by a player, he must start and be a shining star right away, he must fall into the team chemistry and rip up,  just cause they have money. Anybody who play football on any kinda level knows that you go through rough patches, ups and downs. But Chelsea rich nah and their players are paid well, so they should all have super-human consistency.

I aint give Jose wrong at all for going out and signing big players, so he could win NOW. Look at the pressure the media does put on that man in England when he fail! why sit and develop players for 5 years to have a successful team, when you have the resourses to do it right now? Why? Cause it go "feel better"? If fergie, wenger or "tenured" benitez had the kinda kitty Jose had, you don't think they would spend or sit on it and use it to "develop youth players" Steups.....men must stop and think before they talk sometimes......

1]; } ?>