May 01, 2024, 02:59:29 PM

Author Topic: Do you think these loses are bad for our Moral going into the World cup?  (Read 5190 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I been looking at the game between slovenia and now czech republic and it's apparent that we cannot keep up with the pace of there game,also Sweden plays with that same pace,I'm not shocked with the way we're playing because I know these group of guys with the exception of a few are not the best T&T has to offer,but I could bet you politics largely had a part to play in some of those lackluster selections.

It's truly embarrassing when we get beaten that badly infront the international stage,again I say to my trini brothers and sisters back home and in foreign stop pounding jamaica because we not that different............   

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I been looking at the game between slovenia and now czech republic and it's apparent that we cannot keep up with the pace of there game,also Sweden plays with that same pace,I'm not shocked with the way we're playing because I know these group of guys with the exception of a few are not the best T&T has to offer,but I could bet you politics largely had a part to play in some of those lackluster selections.

It's truly embarrassing when we get beaten that badly infront the international stage,again I say to my trini brothers and sisters back home and in foreign stop pounding jamaica because we not that different............   

I predicted heavy defeats for both teams yesterday...one fan here predicted Jamaica losing 5-0 (which I agreed with)..but at the same time, he predicted T&T tieing teh czech republic 1-1.

From a Jamaica persepctive, we gambled with playing high profile games in teh UK, all of which were broadcastsed world wide...5-0 vs Australia, 4-1 to Ghana and now 6-0 to England....

Its embarassing...but at the same time, I believe lessons are being learnt.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
I'm not shocked with the way we're playing because I know these group of guys with the exception of a few are not the best T&T has to offer,but I could bet you politics largely had a part to play in some of those lackluster selections.

Yuh eh tired talkin shit?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Bad for the fans....not the players..they have a plan..and I am fully behind them..ah just doh like how men does cry down JA when they get licks, and then we getting the same licks right after...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Not to be mean, but the majority of OUR players are very familiar with losing both at club and International level. I don't believe it will be an issue. devil: :beermug:

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
because I know these group of guys with the exception of a few are not the best T&T has to offer,but I could bet you politics largely had a part to play in some of those lackluster selections..

Politics?
This team is probably the only team in I can't remember when, that there wasn't any politics involved in the selection. Yuh need tuh stop talking shit. It bad for your reputation
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 11:28:50 AM by palos »

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
what de hell politics have to do wid team selection?

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm not shocked with the way we're playing because I know these group of guys with the exception of a few are not the best T&T has to offer,but I could bet you politics largely had a part to play in some of those lackluster selections.

You always making sense nah,but let me be nice to you and tell yuh everyone to his own opinion,I for one love when I get this sought of response from people like you,it re-inforces what I have been saying for a long time.that you and lot of men believe that when you post is gospel,but yuh better get off yuh high horse my friend and realise the world does'nt revolve around you okay.............    

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
well lets hear who should be on your team....

while you at it, post your formation and tactics you've undoubtedly thought out.

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
The standard of football is higher in Europe than in the Concacaf region......
Thats quite clear after the TNT/ Jamaica defeats..
Mexico are the standard bearers for the Concacaf region.
These defeats can't help go into big matches against Sweden, England and Paraguay.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i think 3-0 against czech republic is very respectable and 0-0 in the secon half -even better...what i saw was that those fellas on a different level- the knock, the spacing the belief in each other. I only saw the second half,liked how samuel played, dwight as usual stood out for me. Speed is our nemesis however, those runs from midfiled our guys bouncing off them men...but I was pretty happy that we only get 3, they wer a different class

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile

FOR REAL DREAD!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Saga yuh lose real points dey dread >:( >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile

FOR REAL DREAD!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Saga yuh lose real points dey dread >:( >:(

sAGA ALWAYS TALKIN SHIT AND HAVE NUTTEN TO BACK IT UP !!!    :loser:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 11:42:09 AM by palos »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
What you have to remember as well guys....
The scoreline in friendlies matches can be deceiving..Fo example England could of hit 10 against JA TODAYif they really wanted to.....but the managers use these games to try out inexperience players,,try new tactics and try to avoid injury to their top players....
TNT will have to hope for a positive result against Sweden on friday ie a WIN or DRAW......Failure to do that would put the team under tremendous pressure because their next match will be against a free scoring England and then the tough Paraguyans...SO A FLYER AGAINST SWEDEN IS A MUST.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 Wins would have boosted our confidence but the experience of playing European teams will do us well. The Moral and work ethic we have shouldn't change because we have Beenhakker to see over that and Yorke as an inspiration to that. We know what we have to work on....Defense...Possession has improved tenfold...We actually were dominating the Czechs in possession...However they looked dangerous when they were in our third of the pitch...All because of sloppy defending...The shape of the defense looked better in the second half with the introduction of Whitley...he gave Dwight more freedom to move around and connect with others...Resulting in more possession...I think If Whitley was around for the Slovania and Wales game we would done much better...He is a true link...He links attack and defense and protects the defense at the same time....Go T&T

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

as i told someone yesterday..find de better players or hush yuh mouth...everybody feel they play better or pick a better squad than beenie....let beenie do his job..the job none of us capable of doing..also the fact that we getting licks is becuase those teams are better, just some ppl living in dreamland...forumites talking about men not fighting..how do they know that...simply by watching it on the internet?

playing sport at a professional level is tough..even at a semi-pro level..some of u posters never played a sport at a serious level  or even make yuh class football team (or any team for that matter) so u cant understand what is like to play against nedved and company so stop judging the guys..they are trying their best but their only so much you can do when our opposition is a lot better.

P.S.  I am not saying u cant comment if u never played a sport at a high level or even played any kind of sports (being a fan is not based on athletic ability) but easy on the a$$hole comments and critcising because playing and watching is totally f##cking different.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
I don't think it's a moral thing in the games itself, but by being present at the WC. The moment of partaking in the Wc is so great that I think we are over looking the effect it has had on Trinidad and Tobago.
The moral will come in the people, their pride and the hopes of the youths. The score at the end of the tournament would not be important, the experience of being there would be.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
SAGA JES LIKE TO BUMP HE GUM
Warrior For Life !!

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Peeps shouldnt feel bad because they got 3 pass dem by the second best rated team in the world......
If you check out the czech history..u will know they are one of the big boyz in European football.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
what amazes me is how soe people use the Czechs number 2 ranking to justify that 3-0 is not that bad...yet those same people will tell you FIFA rankings is hit when you hear USA is ranked in hte top 5. I guess it is legit when it suits us.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah, the second half of the game was preety good. The early goals always knock the stuffing out of us.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Well after the shell shock I want to think that we are putting the final touches on what should be a surprise set up for the Sweden game.

I don't feel we can win games with a lone striker and Don Leo must see that now. We need two attackers up front

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
these players trust Beenie... they gonna be confident in their skills going into the WC and unlike overconfident teams like england who playing teams they can easily beat we'll be there knowing our limits extremely well... some supporters may lose their confidence in the team (waggonists) but then it have a good few of us going throught with them all the way and once we behind them no friendly losses like these go stop them

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
,I'm not shocked with the way we're playing because I know these group of guys with the exception of a few are not the best T&T has to offer,but I could bet you politics largely had a part to play in some of those lackluster selections.
is bez you list YOUR TEAM right here and let us decide

AH ASK SAGA TO DO DO THAT SAME SHIT AH WEEK AH GO BECAUSE OF THE SAME PACK OF ASSNESS HE DOES BE VOMMITTING ON THE PAGE...NUTTEN YET!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Again let me state this to all who disagree with the latter part of my post, every and anything in this life is plausible as it relates to sports,now I could be wrong but I don't have to defend my opinion of what I think was the reasoning behind the current selection,feel free to call it shit if you want but it's still my opinion and as far as me giving my take on who I would select to be on the team I'm not a coach or selector,my roll here like everybody is to give observations and have healthy discussions.

As it is stands this board has not said this site is exclusively for present or past local or international coaches and if it did I would'nt qualify to post.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Losing is a habit so getting licks 3 straight will do nothing for morale. That being said if the coach used these games to organise he business lets hope that the players have that at the forefront of their mines and not the defeats.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The only way to get better is to play better opponents. How else can you rise to the occassion. Playing somebody better than you points out your weakenesses better thatn someone telling you them. I know it have real men could attest to that. Somebody tell you next time do x, y and z. You winning so in your mind you thinking "What the a$$ he know." A better player come and show you up, all of a sudden you are the most fervent student. 

One thing I took away from this game is how that defence was packed behind the ball. Men not getting no clear shot on goal even if they free it have legs between them and the goal. The positioning and backing up of that Czech defense  was excellent.

Now that we get schooled I hope we watch over the games and learn something. I especially hope this is the case for the younger fellas.

Good luck T&T we will all be watching and backing you on the 10th, 15th and 20th.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lessons learned will be evident come Saturday

Failing to pay attention to what should have been grasped and you will be exposed and not just to a few but to millions

Have faith

The good in all of this is that it will not affect the standings of the first round,just remember the game will not be played here but on the pitch

Go Warriors.......1.6 million strong

Waggonist,purest,realist,haters,do gooders,intellectuals..from the president to the pauper....all supporting the Warriors,so just go out and play like warriors and give us something to smile and talk about,give us some pleasant memories,give us a foundation to build upon for 2010

All praise is due to the Almighty

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Take heart from positives and learn from the negaatives.

And there were more POSTIVES than negatuives

\the warm up matches were priceless as preparation and beenie choose the games well..

we see the results from saturday on....

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
To me, loosing 3 games in a row could be a good thing. Reason, that lads are now aware of the level of play they need to be at for the world cup. They know now the importance of concentration for 90 minutes and playing proper structured football at world class teams.  Mind you, it would also be a bad thing with regards to the teams' moral, but I believe that the lads would take this negative and turn it into a positive.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

1]; } ?>