March 28, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Author Topic: THIS GAME WAS PERFECT FOR TESTING OUR DEFENCE  (Read 4098 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
THIS GAME WAS PERFECT FOR TESTING OUR DEFENCE
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:32:03 AM »
FORGET THE SCORE LINE....THIS GAVE US A GOOD GAUGE
Warrior For Life !!

Offline ramps1

• New Warrior
  • Dr Ramps fo' sure!
    • View Profile
Re: THIS GAME WAS PERFECT FOR TESTING OUR DEFENCE
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:36:22 AM »
true..looks like our keeper is in good form and apart from some mistakes the defence is not that bad..it is the czech republic after all
at least is wasn't 6-0

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:44:50 AM »
tHIS WAS A GAME OF HALVES...

THE FIRST HALF WAS 3:0  TILL WE GET USE TO THE SPEED OF TH GAME

AS A RESULT THE 2ND HALF 0:0 IS MORE A RELECTION OF OUR ABILITY....IT WAS ONLY THEN WE GET USE TO THE SPACING AND SPEED
Warrior For Life !!

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 11:47:54 AM »
In case allyuh eh realize a game is 90 minutes.....And unless Beenhaker have something up his sleeve we are going to be the slaughter boyz of this world cup!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 11:51:23 AM »
seems to me..all our 'bad ' losses have been quick goals scored within opening minutes

we still asleep at de switch...maybe dem fellahs in awe, however I think that can be changed
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 11:53:05 AM »
HERE IS THE RESAON:

Fitness and systems under the microscope
3 June 2006
by FIFAworldcup.com

With just six days to go until kick-off at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™, the 32 participating nations are putting the final touches to their preparations, with most facing friendless against opponents similar in style to their group rivals.

Six matches are on the agenda for Saturday, including two clashes between qualified nations.

Czech Republic take on Trinidad and Tobago in their final warm-up game before their 12 June opener against another CONMEBOL side, the USA. After losing attacking midfielder Vladimir Smicer to injury, coach Karel Bruckner will no doubt take the opportunity to try out Libor Sionko, who has recently joined up with the squad. The closest watch, however, will be kept on big Jan Koller, who has just returned to competitive football after a long absence with a cruciate injury.

Go to the Czech Republic team page

Bruckner’s men are on a good run of form after a recent 2-2 draw against Turkey and two victories over other qualifying nations: 2-0 against Saudi Arabia and 1-0 against Costa Rica.

By contrast, Trinidad and Tobago, who kick off their tournament against Sweden on 10 June, seem to be experiencing difficulty in finding their feet against European opponents, with recent defeats against Wales (2-1) and Slovenia (3-1) telling their own story.
In the wake of a demoralising 2-1 defeat against Colombia, Poland face a stern test against Croatia, who themselves suffered something of a rude awakening when held 2-2 by Iran. With their 13 June opener against Brazil looming large, the Croats will be hoping for a timely boost to squad morale with a strong performance against the Poles.

Spain yet to convince
Sven-Goran Eriksson is expected to continue evaluating his attacking options against Jamaica as he awaits the all-important news on Wayne Rooney's broken foot. The Manchester United striker started running and performed some light ball work on Friday, but must await the results of a scan on 7 June before establishing whether he will play any part in Germany 2006. Gary Neville also misses the game after tweaking his hamstring in the 3-1 win over Hungary.

Switzerland, fresh from two creditable draws against Côte d'Ivoire (1-1) and Italy (1-1), go head-to-head with China PR in preparation for their opening game against Korea Republic. This particular warm-up match will be watched closely by the coaching staff of France, who themselves face the Chinese before taking on Switzerland in the Group G showdown on 13 June.

Portugal will be hoping for no more than a light workout in their friendly against Luxembourg. After the 4-1 win over Cape Verde Islands, it was clear that Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has no desire to face overly physical opposition ahead of the tournament. It remains to be seen whether Pauleta, who netted a hat-trick against Cape Verde Islands, will feature after picking up a knee injury in the victory.
Spain’s second friendly against Egypt will be followed with close interest, with the CAF Africa Cup of Nations winners being the perfect sparring partner for the Spanish ahead of their clash with the previous CAN champions Tunisia on June 19. Spain, whose last result was a goalless draw with Russia, will play a final friendly against Croatia on 7 June before kicking off their tournament against Ukraine seven days later.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline believer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 11:56:11 AM »
no flippin feed, ah real vex ah didnt see the biggest game we ever played so far. for the scoreline to remain at 3 zip at the end it mean we step up something. hope springs eternal. czechs are not an easy team, baros nedved petr. i think woithout seeing the game that we probably stepped up our game a notch.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 11:58:57 AM »

AS A RESULT THE 2ND HALF 0:0 IS MORE A RELECTION OF OUR ABILITY....IT WAS ONLY THEN WE GET USE TO THE SPACING AND SPEED

did you watch de game Trinbago?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 12:00:20 PM »

YES I DID....  0:0 IN THE SECOND HALF WITH A COUPLE CHANCES AGAINST THE #2 TEAM IN WORLD..NOT BAD AT ALL!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 12:03:11 PM »
Men not easy nah....Shaka get some goal last game he is shit. All the goals because of lapse in defence. Today Jack get some goal he is the starting goal keeper, because is all the defence fault.  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »

YES I DID....  0:0 IN THE SECOND HALF WITH A COUPLE CHANCES AGAINST THE #2 TEAM IN WORLD..NOT BAD AT ALL!!

what was de big difference between halves...I didn't see de game.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 12:12:11 PM »
1ST HALF: TNT WAS SHELL SHOCKED WITHT THE SPED IN MY OPINION AND CONCEDED TO 2-QUICK GOALS...BUT THEY STARTED TO GET THE TEMP OF THE GAME COMING TO TOWARDS THE END OF THE 1ST...

2ND HALF: THEY GOT BETTER BALL POSSSESSION, BETTER SPACING SINCE THEY NOW UNDRESTAND THE SPEED OF THE GAME A LIL BETTER AND ACTUALLY HAD A FEW CHANCES....WHITLEY CAME IN AND WAS A BIG PART OF THAT AS THE DEFENCE WAS NOW MORE STABLE
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 12:14:41 PM »
1ST HALF: TNT WAS SHELL SHOCKED WITHT THE SPED IN MY OPINION AND CONCEDED TO 2-QUICK GOALS...BUT THEY STARTED TO GET THE TEMP OF THE GAME COMING TO TOWARDS THE END OF THE 1ST...

2ND HALF: THEY GOT BETTER BALL POSSSESSION, BETTER SPACING SINCE THEY NOW UNDRESTAND THE SPEED OF THE GAME A LIL BETTER AND ACTUALLY HAD A FEW CHANCES....WHITLEY CAME IN AND WAS A BIG PART OF THAT AS THE DEFENCE WAS NOW MORE STABLE

Thanks boss

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 12:28:39 PM »
Do you all feel that Czech ease up in the second? I have a nagging feeling they did, evident by our lack of penetration and limited opps. I feel they could run that game at their pace for a full 90 without us even seeing the goal, like they did against COsta Rica
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 12:31:20 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 12:34:56 PM »
Do you all feel that Czech ease up in the second? I have a nagging feeling they did, evident by our lack of penetration and limited opps. I feel they could run that game at their pace for a full 90 without us even seeing the goal, like they did against COsta Rica

What was de score in that Czech v CR game.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 12:37:21 PM »
Substitute Vratislav Lokvenc struck eight minutes from time to earn depleted Czech Republic a 1-0 victory over Costa Rica in their FIFA World Cup™ warm-up on Tuesday.
Striker Lokvenc, a 71st-minute replacement for captain Jan Koller, headed in a left-wing cross by Libor Sionko.

The Czechs struggled to break down a solid Costa Rican defence until the second-half arrival of midfielder Karel Poborsky, their most-capped player.

Warrior For Life !!

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 12:41:35 PM »
we were totally outclassed.

Allyuh tv eh have antennae ah wha?

Steups.

Class did us in and while there was some improvement in the second half...the scoreline a little flattering ok?

It could have been worse!

Get real!

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 12:44:41 PM »
hopefully the way we played in the 2nd half can be replicated next week... if we can play with ugency along with collectiveness and equal sweden and england we should get good results... we tend to do better in the 2nd half (with the exception of the slovenia match) we just need to play 2 second halves each game... lol

Steups.

Class did us in and while there was some improvement in the second half...the scoreline a little flattering ok?

Get real!

here i'd admit we were outclassed but not for the entire game... we kinda regressed to how we used to play in the pre-beenie days when we started off slow and built up as the game progressed but we can play differently and start off as the stronger team

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 12:48:36 PM »

Steups.

Get real!

That's the point I am trying to make, Chezch, eng, Sweden play total football, always moving into open postions and creating options like one big organism. Doing it with speed and flair.
All I can hope for is that we can contain them and keep from getting embarrased. Jamacia managed to get past the defenders on a few occasions, but their finishing was off

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 12:51:54 PM »
We could argue till the end of time...
At the end of the day....I just wish that TNT acquit themselves with dignity and pride for the forth coming matches,,, and give the world a fair representation of football in our back yards.....
I am not too concerned for Mexico....who have been to countless World Cup finals...

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 01:23:26 PM »
 In all fairness we did ok considering the score line. From the view of some ppl who saw de game it seems the fellas played with heart. Class is class and yuh jes have top give respect where it is due. We just plain and simple met a much better team. Everybody carrying down man fuh no good reason.

Doh fall fuh de hype .

Hold it dong !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 01:32:59 PM »
What defense?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 01:35:59 PM »
What defense?
U JUST LIKE TO READ WHAT U TYPE AH WHAT. STEUPS BETTER YOUR FATHER DID PLANT DAT COCONUT TREE YES!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2006, 01:38:10 PM »
What defense?
U JUST LIKE TO READ WHAT U TYPE AH WHAT. STEUPS BETTER YOUR FATHER DID PLANT DAT COCONUT TREE YES!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2006, 01:44:45 PM »
At the end of the day..If TNT were to suffer a couple 3-1 reverse to Sweden and England....It wont be a disgrace....as long as they give of their best.

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »
once andrews there a miracle bound to happen... lol... but we go fix up by the time the 10th come... u'll see less goals being conceded by the team... have faith in the team especially the defense and the keeper

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2006, 01:50:01 PM »
it tested out defense well yes...

but going into the WC with 3 straight defeats.....cannot boost our confidence....

we have 6 days to regroup... and hope for the best

Win or loose i am a fighter
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2006, 01:54:13 PM »
we hadda look at sweden too... they aint get a win in 6 matches... that's gonna real screw their confidence

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2006, 03:12:25 PM »
I not gonna slate de team too much, cus it was Czech Rep (Ranked no. 2??). And I haven't seen the game on highlights as I type. But based on match reports, we met a team by far superior to us.

Reality bites, but you cant hide from it. We are not at the minimum level required to compete at this level. But, that still dont mean we cant raise our game and frustrate and embarass teams.

What I cyah understand is why we so naive at times?! We know this is world cup, we know dey does play real hard and fast. How come de guys aint mentally prepare for that?

I understand what Beenhakker said after the Slovenia game, but surely, (especially for the UK based players playing in dem helicopter/hatchet man/ 100mph leagues) they should have been prepared for this, and raised their game like there is no tomorrow against Wales and Slovenia. Match dem for speed and power. WHICH WE HAVE!!!

Good luck warriors, anything is possible, but after England v JA today, I bracing myself for licks!

:-\

1]; } ?>