Poll

Dwight Yorke or Stern John

Dwight Yorke
31 (59.6%)
Stern John
21 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: June 05, 2006, 11:10:44 AM

Author Topic: Who was and still is the best striker  (Read 6187 times)

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who was and still is the best striker
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 12:37:24 PM »
i vote dwight....look what de man do in de iceland game and if given the chance ah pretty sure he would convert more than MR. Stern

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 04:55:24 PM »
i vote dwight....look what de man do in de iceland game and if given the chance ah pretty sure he would convert more than MR. Stern

LOL!
Stern John was fouled in the penalty area.  That is how Dwight Yorke scored his second goal! He took the opportunity as captain to shoot (and shine in London once again). LOL!
As for the first one I take nothing away from him, but that goal isn't even on the scale with the second goal that Stern scored against Mexico (or the first one even).
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline ffreturns

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 07:51:41 PM »
Men on this site does talk allot of crap about how Yorke score a double in a friendly against Iceland what about the time S John score a hattrick against Columbia in a friendly i guess they were a Caribbean team to huh   ;) Yorke is the most overrated player that ever played for T&T i had to suffer for 16 years because of that sorryass Yorke could not score for T&T God bless S John  you are the best striker to play for T&T since S David.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2006, 08:02:46 PM »
Men on this site does talk allot of crap about how Yorke score a double in a friendly against Iceland what about the time S John score a hattrick against Columbia in a friendly i guess they were a Caribbean team to huh   ;) Yorke is the most overrated player that ever played for T&T i had to suffer for 16 years because of that sorryass Yorke could not score for T&T God bless S John  you are the best striker to play for T&T since S David.

::) sorryass Yorke... you are one ungrateful bastard.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2006, 08:05:47 PM »
this thread going to start war between the stern and yorke supporters... to me they are both great... internationally i would choose stern over yorke any day especially at a time like this... stern still have some good years left on the football scene... hopefully he'll show his potential this WC and prove the doubters wrong

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2006, 09:53:24 PM »
A good striker scores half chances. Stern throws away clear cut chances. If it was once in a while, no scene but he conistent in his throwing away. The man does throw away probably every game. That being said, the man is probably the best option we have right now. Hate it or love it Stern's on top.

I just  hope he shines for the World Cup.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>