April 26, 2024, 04:07:44 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Czech Republic game.  (Read 99540 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Czech Republic game.
« Reply #570 on: June 03, 2006, 12:44:31 PM »
Re: Trinidad & Tobage vs. England?
« Reply #12 on: Today at 12:15:34 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not being a hater.  I'm just pointing out that as supporters a lot of us are clutching at straws.  We continue to make excuses for our team while trying to highlight perceived weaknesses in our opponents while these same weaknesses can be found in our team times 10. 

As a diehard socawarriors fan I would love to see my team beat Sweden, beat England and advance to the second round but when I look at my team objectively and not as a fan I can see that the difference in quality of players between my team and our world cup opponents is huge.

The dreamers can continue to make excuses and fool themselves.  But some of us who are realists know that all the happy days that this team has given us as T&T fans are behind us

This world cup is deserved icing on the careers of the few world class calibre players we've had over the years like Latapy, Yorke, Hislop and Stern John. I hope it will also be a learning experience for the players who will be the core of our team for 2010 qualifying.

Every orange has a specific amount of juice.  After all the juice is out no matter how hard yuh squeeze yuh will not get any more juice. Our coach has done just about all that can be done with this team and we should be very grateful for that.  But those who are expecting much more from this team will be very dissapointed come world cup time.

I think you should read this. This is a really good post here ny NUFF. It makes sense and it's real

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 03, 2006, 12:44:42 PM »
The TNT coach can only work with the materials available to him....
He doest have a magic wand....
He have to make the best of what he has...
So I am not blaming the Coach.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #572 on: June 03, 2006, 12:49:18 PM »

3) England is not a much worse team than the Czechs..They are probably better. In fact, they are not much worse than anybody...nobody beating England by more than 1 goal. They are in the top tier of football teams going into the WC, like it or not

to me england is inconsistant while the czechs keep their form... if u aint notice england playing against teams they're sure to get victories over... the czechs playing teams of a low skill range compared to them but they aint going as low as england and they are getting the necessary results... i would agree with that ranking thing u sed... t&t much better than jamaica and jamaica still ranked higher... lol

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 03, 2006, 12:52:21 PM »
« Reply #582 on: Today at 02:28:27 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: elan on Today at 02:16:37 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/world/2002/world_cup/groups/E/

Look at the score from the Germany- Saudi Arabia game. Men behaving like we accustom being at the Wc and we lapsing. Is we first time don't expect miracles, because we had our miracle already by qualifying. Remember the story of "The Dog and The Bone."

So just becasue we reach we have tuh have fun ... dat is tata ... so settle for mediocraty ...just beacuse we reach we must use that as an excuse to not push ourselves to a higher level ... just becasue we reach we must accept that this is the best we can do and curl up in a ball like timid kittens ... an just beacues we reach we should let the players get away with being on vacation ... if it was just enought to qualify we should ahve taken a team made up of intercol players so they will get the experince and strive for better  ...

Hey...read what I say and don't turn it around. I am not saying that we should just relax and site see. But we have to know where we are and cannot expect to be a World dominant football nation just like that. If you have been reading you will see that I have asked questions of the team. But I am also realistic in what we can actually do and not what I HOPE or WISH we could do.

By claiming the miricle is in qualifying does a great dis service to the team ... i am also advocating realistic expectations ...but not at the expense of hard work that got us here ... miricles my arse ... hard work got us here and it is harder work that will take us further ... and just like other world class teams ...ours has to enjoy the victories and endure the pressure from fans and press when we get licks ... this is not a time to let up in anyways ... bu to keep the pressure on and really shake out the team ... if u want to win you have to sweat blood, be very disiplined and take stick, learn from it, and go do better ... this talk about icing on the cake is a draw or win at the WC is utter nonsense ...the work now start
Snake in de balliser

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 03, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »
Togo is ranked about 59th..Yet they stuggled to beat a team ranked 123 (LICHIESTEIN) yesterday..eventually winning 1 nil...

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wolfe sweat??????? Wow
« Reply #575 on: June 03, 2006, 12:55:57 PM »
How he look?

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 03, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »
After watching the game i think our MAIN are of concern is the defense.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfe sweat??????? Wow
« Reply #577 on: June 03, 2006, 12:59:11 PM »
i think he connected evry pass he made ...and put in some decent tackles ... a good place tuh make a start ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #578 on: June 03, 2006, 12:59:56 PM »
Togo is ranked about 59th..Yet they stuggled to beat a team ranked 123 (LICHIESTEIN) yesterday..eventually winning 1 nil...

u know what real getting on my nerves... watching theseWC preview shows... they real bring down t&t, claiming that we would do the worse in the tournament not even considering that the game is played on the field and not on their unjustified predictions... besides... we may be the suprise of the tournament... we have the potential... all we have to do is play our fullest in the group stages... also they dont consider teams that doing alot worse in their warm ups than us

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 03, 2006, 01:09:16 PM »
about time

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 03, 2006, 01:18:06 PM »
anybody think they could list everybody who sweat and the number they were wearing?  I start watching from the 2nd half and I think I saw:

cyd?#8?      tallest - #?  Dog #4   Atiba #17

carlos #11 (kenwyn #15 )  whitley #9 yorke #19   sammuel (#21?)

Stern #14

I think I see glen come on in the end, and this thread say wolfe get a run, I also hear bout wise.

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 03, 2006, 01:20:46 PM »
Dont be fooled..
TNT arent the only team with worries...
Angola, Togo, Costa Rica, Paraguay, Saudi Arabia,Poland...
They are all having their own nightmares.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 03, 2006, 01:21:21 PM »
21. Kelvin Jack
4. Marvin Andrews
 6. Dennis Lawrence
8. Cyd Gray
9. Aurtis Whitley
12. Collin Samuel
14. Stern John
15. Kenwyne Jones
17. Atiba Charles
 19. Dwight Yorke
23. Anthony Wolfe
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 03, 2006, 01:22:51 PM »
 11. Carlos Edwards

20. Jason Scotland
Warrior For Life !!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 03, 2006, 01:25:17 PM »
thanks trinbagz...in terms of positions though - where wolfe sweat and who he come on for; and wise didn't get a sweat? scotland play 1st half? cyd play right back right thru?

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #585 on: June 03, 2006, 01:25:59 PM »
Dont be fooled..

true but u could discount paraguay and poland (i think)... poland just pull off a win against croatia and paraguay playing decently... they just need to worry abt santa cruz being able to play well with the team after missing out so much due to injury earlier... but alotta ppl trying to pressure us... maybe they're scared lol

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 03, 2006, 01:26:43 PM »
Dont be fooled..
i agree 100% leon

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 03, 2006, 01:30:19 PM »
Poland beat Croatia 1- nil today..I know...but the match before Colombia gave dem a game winning 2 1...Poland didnt score their goal till the 91 st minute.....
So the poles have worries...also Germany, Costa Rica and Ecuadoe wont be pushovers.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 03, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »
Wolfe came on for theobald in the 77 min and nope wise eh get a sweat neither did scotland and cyd gray play right back the whole game.

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #589 on: June 03, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »
Poland beat Croatia 1- nil today..I know...but the match before Colombia gave dem a game winning 2 1...Poland didnt score their goal till the 91 st minute.....
So the poles have worries...also Germany, Costa Rica and Ecuadoe wont be pushovers.

to me they'll get points off of ecuador and costa rica if they push it... most like costa rica... but anyway....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 03, 2006, 01:35:59 PM »
cool thanks for your answers.
I checkin the lineup here from the other thread:

Trinidad and Tobago: Kelvin Jack, Avery John (Atiba Charles, 46), Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence, Chris Birchall (Aurtis Whitley, 46), Cyd Gray, Carlos Edwards (Kenwyne Jones, 69), Collin Samuel, Stern John, Densill Theobald (Anthony Wolfe, 77), Dwight Yorke.

i feelin content with the 2nd half man.  beenie still have a couple aces up his sleeve.  I doh feel he play his starting lineup yet

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 03, 2006, 01:36:36 PM »
Masterblaster..Teams like Soca warriors and the Reggae Boyz....are looked upon in Europe as fun teams....Teams that just come for ah party.....So no surprise there...
The commentators on the JA/ England match was taking the same stance...Mind u the Jamaica team didnt help things by arriving just in time for the Ghana Match....And disciplining one of their goals strikers Marlon King for breaking a curfew.........
When we have professional leagues, things will improve..I hope.
That was set after they left the hotel

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 03, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »
Am hearing some much stories out of this Jamaican farce..I do't know exactly what went down...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 03, 2006, 01:52:58 PM »

3) England is not a much worse team than the Czechs..They are probably better. In fact, they are not much worse than anybody...nobody beating England by more than 1 goal. They are in the top tier of football teams going into the WC, like it or not

to me england is inconsistant while the czechs keep their form... if u aint notice england playing against teams they're sure to get victories over... the czechs playing teams of a low skill range compared to them but they aint going as low as england and they are getting the necessary results... i would agree with that ranking thing u sed... t&t much better than jamaica and jamaica still ranked higher... lol

The Czechs warmed up against Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica and T&T. That quality of opposition has proven to be rather mediocre....not better than England's warm ups. England's warm ups also included full strength Argentina and Uruguay teams that they beat. The fact is, if England play the Czech Republic..it will be a close game 10 out of 10 times...there is no justification to say that one is MUCH better than the other. And the Czechs are anything but consistant, and almost always manage to choke when it comes to WC qualifying. They got through via a playoff this time...a Euro final in 1996 and semifinal in 2004 are great, but since breaking off from Slovakia what have they done in the WC?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 03, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »
Am hearing some much stories out of this Jamaican farce..I do't know exactly what went down...
Theres only one, even the Jason Euell who was allowed to stay on board said that on BBC & Sky Sports, if he was lying the JFF would of came out and said something

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 03, 2006, 03:06:34 PM »
Filho doh try to explain nuttin nah.
Leave them with their ridiculous and erroneous logic yes
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 03, 2006, 03:15:43 PM »
« Reply #590 on: Today at 02:52:21 PM »   

Quote from: elan on Today at 02:39:48 PM
« Reply #582 on: Today at 02:28:27 PM »   

Quote from: elan on Today at 02:16:37 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/world/2002/world_cup/groups/E/

Look at the score from the Germany- Saudi Arabia game. Men behaving like we accustom being at the Wc and we lapsing. Is we first time don't expect miracles, because we had our miracle already by qualifying. Remember the story of "The Dog and The Bone."

So just becasue we reach we have tuh have fun ... dat is tata ... so settle for mediocraty ...just beacuse we reach we must use that as an excuse to not push ourselves to a higher level ... just becasue we reach we must accept that this is the best we can do and curl up in a ball like timid kittens ... an just beacues we reach we should let the players get away with being on vacation ... if it was just enought to qualify we should ahve taken a team made up of intercol players so they will get the experince and strive for better  ...

Hey...read what I say and don't turn it around. I am not saying that we should just relax and site see. But we have to know where we are and cannot expect to be a World dominant football nation just like that. If you have been reading you will see that I have asked questions of the team. But I am also realistic in what we can actually do and not what I HOPE or WISH we could do.

By claiming the miricle is in qualifying does a great dis service to the team ... i am also advocating realistic expectations ...but not at the expense of hard work that got us here ... miricles my arse ... hard work got us here and it is harder work that will take us further ... and just like other world class teams ...ours has to enjoy the victories and endure the pressure from fans and press when we get licks ... this is not a time to let up in anyways ... bu to keep the pressure on and really shake out the team ... if u want to win you have to sweat blood, be very disiplined and take stick, learn from it, and go do better ... this talk about icing on the cake is a draw or win at the WC is utter nonsense ...the work now start

Look over the bahrain game in T&T and tell me we was not lucky. Look at where we were before "The Don" took over, it's akin to a miracle. I used the word miracle loosely and not as a degrading remark. But as the odds were against us and we fought all the way back.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 03, 2006, 03:39:12 PM »
Re: Trinidad & Tobage vs. England?
« Reply #12 on: Today at 12:15:34 PM »   

It's not being a hater.  I'm just pointing out that as supporters a lot of us are clutching at straws.  We continue to make excuses for our team while trying to highlight perceived weaknesses in our opponents while these same weaknesses can be found in our team times 10. 

As a diehard socawarriors fan I would love to see my team beat Sweden, beat England and advance to the second round but when I look at my team objectively and not as a fan I can see that the difference in quality of players between my team and our world cup opponents is huge.

The dreamers can continue to make excuses and fool themselves.  But some of us who are realists know that all the happy days that this team has given us as T&T fans are behind us

This world cup is deserved icing on the careers of the few world class calibre players we've had over the years like Latapy, Yorke, Hislop and Stern John. I hope it will also be a learning experience for the players who will be the core of our team for 2010 qualifying.

Every orange has a specific amount of juice.  After all the juice is out no matter how hard yuh squeeze yuh will not get any more juice. Our coach has done just about all that can be done with this team and we should be very grateful for that.  But those who are expecting much more from this team will be very dissapointed come world cup time.

I think you should read this. This is a really good post here ny NUFF. It makes sense and it's real

I'm dissapointed with de results so far, but ah eh go make judgement until after next Saturday game, cuz ah believe in Beenie. So all who scared, go in yuh lil closet and hide when de games start, and then ask fuh de score, when it finish.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 03, 2006, 03:55:03 PM »
All these friendlies is preparation for that  all important first game.  Let me throw this  at allyuh: Yuh think yuh practicing for the best games you will have? Nah yuh practice and yuh practice  so that when yuh having a bad game, all the physical preparations will pull yuh through.

I know that we have expectations that the team should win every friendly, especially aganist teams like Wales but yuh know what after all is said and done, no one gets any points for winning a friendly; when the whistle blows for the first one, then we go see what all these friendlies were all about.

Offline Eh!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 03, 2006, 04:02:28 PM »
Jack get 3 and make one good save playin infront of we startin back 4 and man ready to write him in.  Shaka get 3 with Cyd Gray and Yorke tryin to be central defenders in fron of him. If you go back and watch the highlights of the previous game, he had a string of superb saves and did well to get his hand to the second.  The third he should have held yes, but was fully extended and who's to say Jack would have even gotten to that. Let's not forget that Jack is very suspect. Leh we go with the man who has been and still is doin it at one of the highest levels for years.  

1]; } ?>