April 16, 2024, 05:29:30 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Czech Republic game.  (Read 99153 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Czech Republic game.
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2006, 04:04:46 PM »
Calm allyuh self man.

Take a cold one and relax.

Lets just savor the fact that we debating probable starting line ups and friendly results for T&T before  A WORLD CUP!

In case it might have slipped anyone, we played the number 2 world ranked team today, in a more or less away match.
2 years ago we were not beating St Vincent.

Allyuh take a time out and a cold stag.

Trus me, this is the best I have seen T&T play in a VERY VERY LONG TIME (taking the quality of the opposition into account).
I honestly believe right now we could give the US, MEx and Costa Rica a run for their money.

We might not win or reach the second rounds people, but remember we living the dream.
Little steps at a time.
When the US reach Italy in 1990, them get 5-1 from Skuravy and Czecholosovakia.
Ja get half dozen today.
So what if we get beaten by a better team? Man starting to doubt beenie and thing.
Like I said months ago, our players are not technically competent like many of the England and Sweden players. We have to accept reality. But we fighting the game, and once they do that, I will be happy.

Smile!
We in the big leagues now. I hearing the name Trinidad and Tobago and TNT being mentioned now more than ever before.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2006, 04:12:40 PM »
Calm allyuh self man.

Take a cold one and relax.

Lets just savor the fact that we debating probable starting line ups and friendly results for T&T before  A WORLD CUP!

In case it might have slipped anyone, we played the number 2 world ranked team today, in a more or less away match.
2 years ago we were not beating St Vincent.

Allyuh take a time out and a cold stag.

Trus me, this is the best I have seen T&T play in a VERY VERY LONG TIME (taking the quality of the opposition into account).
I honestly believe right now we could give the US, MEx and Costa Rica a run for their money.

We might not win or reach the second rounds people, but remember we living the dream.
Little steps at a time.
When the US reach Italy in 1990, them get 5-1 from Skuravy and Czecholosovakia.
Ja get half dozen today.
So what if we get beaten by a better team? Man starting to doubt beenie and thing.
Like I said months ago, our players are not technically competent like many of the England and Sweden players. We have to accept reality. But we fighting the game, and once they do that, I will be happy.

Smile!
We in the big leagues now. I hearing the name Trinidad and Tobago and TNT being mentioned now more than ever before.
Very well said  :applause:

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 03, 2006, 04:58:35 PM »
Trini that's one of de best comment ive heard so far....well done !!!

Offline in dey pwefen!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 03, 2006, 05:06:36 PM »
Trini dat is very well said. ah dont understand how come Beenie man in so much hot water. he move we from there and bring we here and we going places now. The experience that the WC will bring will be invaluable to the future of T&T soccer

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 03, 2006, 05:11:17 PM »
I just saw the goals. I feel honoured that Nedved buss up our net in such classy fashion. :beermug:

The first goal was a great move, but the 3rd coulda been prevented with a little marking.
3-0 vs the Czechs is not a dishonourable fate.

On to the nex game.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 03, 2006, 05:14:05 PM »
I agree with all Trini just said

I will also state a personal opinion...BeenE is using the wrong Tactics...I repeat, we can't have man Dumping to Stern and he have to manage to pluck it out the air, Hold it, pass it, or et orf ah shot and is he one in the middle of 3-5 opposing players...the ball is being wasted, and returns as if we kicking it on ah wall....I see Yorke , Carlos, Grey, John, Samuel all try to hit Stern a couple times, no wonder Stern those doh dem ting...he under so much stress is unreal, cause he know he in the middle of ah Jep nest, and man saying,"Oye, Hold this, Fixup nah " and he not knowing whey the nex bite coming from...The lo an behold he play the correct stuff in the 2nd,,,bring it up as a team, run at them and then lay it orf....

Beene good, he sell we opposition and scouts ah bobolee the 1st half, by giving Czech little resistance, and wuk out we defense to the max, and  when everybody dun make up they mind and laff and disregard we, then he drop the true tactics, and ppl dun sell we 5 for ah dollar, so dem eh notice nuthen...cause game dun as far as everybody concerned.....ah did even post it back in the 1st half", why he playing that?"....damn he good
sorry if ah let it out, buh they ent go come here and go thru 20 smtin page ah post, they dun know....as did some of you
ps:
I just saw the goals. I feel honoured that Nedved buss up our net in such classy fashion. :beermug:

me to...for real

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 03, 2006, 05:15:54 PM »
What do u guys think that TNT could do right now to avoid big defeats against the experience prolific strike force of Sweden and England.......
What would be the best strategy: An all out attack or to defend to the death?
The time is drawing very close...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 03, 2006, 05:18:28 PM »
ah jus say it, and BeenE say it enuff times....Keep the Ball...they cyah score  it, if they doh have it.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 03, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »

Good to put things in perspective. I disagree with these 2 things though....
First...I can't think of any real basis for thinking we are significantly closer to US, MEx or CR. Interested in your reasoning. As soon as we improve our play we jump to these conclusions, but where are the results to back it up?

Second...we are not in the 'big leagues' yet.

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 03, 2006, 05:26:07 PM »
Yeah,,but that easier said than done...If u can keep the ball and dont know what to do with it.....that wont work.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2006, 05:27:21 PM »
What do u guys think that TNT could do right now to avoid big defeats against the experience prolific strike force of Sweden and England.......
What would be the best strategy: An all out attack or to defend to the death?
The time is drawing very close...
Neither...All they have to do is concentrate...cut out the small errors because with out them we are not really looking to bad.
It is only when we don't mark or make a bad pass that we does get punish....I did not see the game today but all the ones before our keeper does hardly have anything to do unless we give the ball up of leave man to run in on him unmarked.

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2006, 05:32:09 PM »
TNT not by far in the big league yet...For the record...they lost to Wales 1-2, Slovenia 1-3, Czech Rep 0-3...thats not form of any big steppers.....
Slovenia and particularly Wales are two of the weakest teams in Europe.....
In fact I would put my money on Cuba or St Kitts to push this weak Wales close.
So u need to evaluate your reasoning.

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2006, 05:32:41 PM »
Rastaman,the game today in de first half was kinda like what u talked about but i think if we can work on the marking and de defense we should be alright.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2006, 05:35:33 PM »
Yeah,,but that easier said than done...If u can keep the ball and dont know what to do with it.....that wont work.

If yuh trying to keep it, how yuh doh know what to do with it......but for yuh info, we dun past dah step, we can keep it, a job by itself,...and ah understand yuh, we know what to do with it as well...doh worry, other than  we are not perfect at the strategy, and may on occasion falter....and to clarify, we cannot all out attack, cause yuh need the ball to do that, and we cannot all out defend, cause very few teams could regularly survive any world class attack with the ball for 90 minutes..

Offline killadrilla

• Jr. Warrior
  • King Thierry
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2006, 05:38:19 PM »
I now watching highlights on eurosport. Stern had a good chance at 1-0 and cech save...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2006, 05:43:15 PM »
What ever happens...I know England and Sweden are going to attack the TNT team non - stop in their games to boost their goal difference...So the TNT keeper will have to be on his toes throughout the match....

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2006, 05:49:34 PM »
TNT not by far in the big league yet...For the record...they lost to Wales 1-2, Slovenia 1-3, Czech Rep 0-3...thats not form of any big steppers.....
Slovenia and particularly Wales are two of the weakest teams in Europe.....
In fact I would put my money on Cuba or St Kitts to push this weak Wales close.
So u need to evaluate your reasoning.
I could be wrong but didn't they say in the build up that Slovenia beat Italy in the qualifers.... I am sure that I heard this which means that they do have something to offer....even it it was only one game and they fell away after and did not qualify...Let us give the teams some credit. Wales well I give you that one.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2006, 05:56:56 PM »
Rastaman,the game today in de first half was kinda like what u talked about but i think if we can work on the marking and de defense we should be alright.
That is the point I was making....we not that bad overall it is just lapses in concentration that making we look bad. Men looking at the score alone.

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »
They may have beaten Italy but doesnt alter the fact that they are not a strong side...
Put it this way....Teams like Holland, England and Germany are looking to take 6 points off teams like ,Wales, Slovenia, Lichenstein, Austria,Latvia...in European qualifiers...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2006, 08:28:02 PM »
I believe that after the WC we will beat the US with the WC squad. We have already beaten Mexico.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 04, 2006, 11:43:48 AM »
I believe that after the WC we will beat the US with the WC squad. We have already beaten Mexico.

That was a Mexican B side breds.  Unless you talkin about beating the USA B team.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #622 on: June 04, 2006, 12:10:03 PM »

I cyah wait for d day (which will come very soon) when we beat dem yankee bad..bad...That is another set a therapy I need from '89...REVENGE.
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 04, 2006, 06:37:19 PM »
When I say we in the big leagues, i didnt mean we now a big league team.
I mean we now play with the big league teams.
To see Nedved running on the same field with the warriors was priceless.

And I also feel we could compete better with US, Mex and CR now, we looking MUCH more comfortable IN POSSESSION now than we did even 6 months ago, and we also keeping structure better.
The team is now much better than it was vs Mexico B team and Bahrain.
Jus my opinion.

Cold Stag anyone?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 04, 2006, 07:01:18 PM »
This will happen if we employ an International Coach for Four years.
 After jamaican performance the Coach will have to go . if they are serious about 201 0.

1]; } ?>