March 28, 2024, 02:11:13 AM

Author Topic: LATAPY IS DE KEY!!!!!  (Read 4562 times)

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
LATAPY IS DE KEY!!!!!
« on: June 03, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »
Even in his old age it is clear that in order for Trinidad to perform well offensively in de World Cup dat de Little Magician have to be in th STARTING ELEVEN!!!

And it is my opinion that because of his age and experience Beenie has decided to rest him in these friendlies........Only giving him pigeon sweats here and dere.  I noticed in the game against Slovenia that when Latas came on the team were getting alot more scoring chances.

We and every country that we come up against knows that our defnese is Tata....All you have to do is put pressure on them and mistakes will be rampant.  They can handle the quick attacking teams who are constantly moving.

I think Beenie little Densil Theobald a lot of sweat because in the event of injury or Latas is tired, both him and Whitley will have to handle the middle.  Latas is the smartest footballer wee have on the team and Beenie knows this.......Remember he said Latas is like a coach on the field..(he follows instructions precisely).

Beenie preparing all 23 players for these 3 games....the guys who can adapt to the higher level of play don't need to play full 90 in warm up games!!!

Lemme hear what allyuh tink about dis possibility!!!

Offline believer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LATAPY IS DE KEY!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »
like i said in a next post, i think latas will start the sweden game because of his leadership and experience. somebody need to settle down the other players early on. he is the only choice. i would pack the midfield in the first half with a lone striker. depending on how things going i would then partner stern with kenwyn. latas could get a rest second half

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 02:33:59 PM »
like i said in a next post, i think latas will start the sweden game because of his leadership and experience. somebody need to settle down the other players early on. he is the only choice. i would pack the midfield in the first half with a lone striker. depending on how things going i would then partner stern with kenwyn. latas could get a rest second half

AGREED.....With our defense being so porous we need to give the opposition worries in their own half.  TIT for TAT on goals is the only way to survive.  And I don't understand what going on wit Cornell Glen...if he has recovered how come beenie ent play him yet.....is he going to give he a baptism of fire in one of our important opening games?  Sweden or England or is he resting him until the paraguay game?  Very strange!!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 02:35:16 PM »
Allyuh now realize latapy have to be in the 11

Without him our Atticking has been halted .... there isnt that flare out there...  

even yorke has been affected....   yorke is playing a very casual midfield game...he needs latapy to benefit both the team and himself in midfield

not one of our players are even in the shadow of latapys class

Eg... when he came on against Wales the game changed completely

but! when he didnt play against Czech and Slovenia look what happened.... we only Scored 1...Had about 5 chances in 2 games.... when latapy is on he easily creates 5 chances ..

plus beenie likwes this possesion game...but he is benching the best possesion player in the team...without latapy the possesion is slow...and at a flat pace

but when he is on look at the difference...

sorry beenie i trust you but u are making a big mistake by keeping the magician on the bench

But as i said i have faith in beenie and TnT so come Saturday Latapy is as equal as atiba charles wolffe and every1 else involved lol

LATAPY 10

LONG LIVE THE MAGICIAN

AGE IS JUST MIND OVER MATTER....IF YOU DONT MIND IT DON'T MATTER!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 02:38:44 PM by Small Magician »

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 03:02:24 PM »
I just wish TnT would one day realize that the only reason we qualified for this World Cup was Latapy's return, NOT Beenhakker!

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 03:03:22 PM »
And Masterblaster, thank you for your post even though some jackarses on this forum would say you are a Waggonist, phu*ue dem!

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Samuel and Latapy
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 03:17:42 PM »
Are those the only two players we have who have the balls to go at the opposition head on?  It seems like the other players fraid the opposition?  The confidence displayed on the ball by these two players could be the key for overall team spirit, confidence and possible victory.

Forget Dutch football, lets attack with full force head on, we cyar play we fraid anybody, take dem on with we soca football, we cannot win if we suppress out natural gifts.  Passing is one thing but we must be willing to show some confidence on the ball. 

Doh fraaaaiiidd go braaaaaaaaave!!!!!!!!!

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 03:18:15 PM »
And Masterblaster, thank you for your post even though some jackarses on this forum would say you are a Waggonist, phu*ue dem!

ppl on dis forum need to realize just bcz dey postin long time doh mean dey supportin de team more dan anybody else.  I supportin de team long b4 some ah dem was a dream in dey fada head!!! I is ah man when I was livin in Trini I use to go to all the semipro games dat ah had time to go to.....Now is the PFL...ah wish ah was back home to support de league bcz apparently ppl only know how to support de national team and not de grassrootz.......buh wah yuh go do?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 05:20:58 PM »
I just wish TnT would one day realize that the only reason we qualified for this World Cup was Latapy's return, NOT Beenhakker!

Sorry.  It was a combination of the two.  Doh play yuh self.  Under Beenie we became a bit more organized in the back, and we know Latas doh play defence.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 05:29:06 PM »
Yeh both of them make it happen, as soon as beenhakker came we looked organise and won wether it was panama doesnt matter, but latapy spark ah belief and obviously he is out greatest ever player. I hope di man start but i think beenie may bring him on for last 30-20 mins. but like i said i rather us go and get at the teams from the whistle and not sit back too much, from the time we sit bak we dead.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »
I dont think he might start cause of the intensity of the first half in the game. Obviously as they would be fresh........he might still be able to work his magic...........buh the question is how effective he might be. I feel he might use him off the bench.........bring in kenwyne....wise and let the three of them cause chaos. Using him too early is like wasting yuh trump. I could see the logic with him starting........buh.......i leaning more to him coming in off the bench. It eh my descision to make doh......i waiting to see wha drama go unfold.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 05:40:33 PM »
yeh thats the ting, when u start latas u know u have to use a sub at least wen u come of the bench that is an option u was able to take. would still like him to start tho, he in a different class to our other players  ;D

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 06:02:44 PM »
I will agree with bringing him on later on in the game when the opposition has lost some of its edge but looking at it now how much sense that would make if you are down 2 or 3 goals

Latapy needs to be starting as he represents a calming quality to this team,come Saturday there will be a lot of nevous players on the pitch,Latapy has a vision of play which is absent when he is not on the field,Dwight has done a good job to date but he is not a midfield general

Latapy needs to start and in the midfield,once we have settled down,at that point Dwight can move forward to his true position and play off Stern

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 06:23:47 PM »
Seems like the general consensus is that Latas must start, two months ago I would not have agreed, but ah have to change my mind after the last 3 games we played.

Having said that, ah still remember the  games he played against Bahrain, in particular the home game in which he was taken out of the game easily and the away game when he came on and controlled the tempo.

There is a strong possibility that if he starts, he would be heavily marked, but at this point and on the biggest stage, ah feel Beenie should give a player of Latas class and experience  the challenge and allow him to start against Sweden.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 06:36:55 PM »
Calm down nah fellas.  These are "practice" games.  Don't panic!!

To say that Latas is the only reason we qualify is a ridiculous statement.  Beenieman brought us shape, discipline and tactics.  Yes, Latas was a major major part but not the only reason.

Come June 10th, everyone will be throwing their bodies at the ball, making all kinds of tackles, plus adrenaline is a hell of a ting.

One of the reasons I believe Latas might not is because he cannot play 90 minutes in addition we need him to hold onto the ball when the other team is tiring.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 01:21:34 AM »
I would be starting Latapy and Wise at the start of the match and taking it from there and ah think that's what Beenie will do..nuff said.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 01:42:20 AM »
Patriot whey yuh?? we was discussin this the other day... some of these people... like they have no attention span.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 01:53:18 AM »

Allyuh does really think  ??? ??? ???

De man doh even start regularly fuh Falkirk again but allyuh want him to start against Team like Sweden an England?

Wen allyuh get ah little older you will realise how hard it is to start ah game against young fit professionals who naturally faster to de ball than yuhself.

Starting Latas is wasting him.

Latas will only get ah final 30 odd min run if the games reach ah point where  he is usefull (like holding up play etc)

De coach did not start him against Bahrain in Bahrain for de above reasons.

Doh get tie up 5 yrs ago an 10,000 cigarettes and many parties an drinking less Latas woulda light up this world cup but now...
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 05:25:48 AM »
I not too sure about starting Latas either ... not becasue of his age ... but becasue he might get marked outta the game early on which reduces us to 10 men to start ...and considering we usually start slowly ... a packed midfield with numbers may be a better option ... but then again ... the best form of defense is a great offense ...ala Brazil
Snake in de balliser

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 07:46:37 AM »
i doh kno if latas cud handle i start but i hope so
but he need to play some role in every game

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 09:42:52 AM »
The game tomorrow against St. Pauli will reveal alot.......Chances are the team that startin against Sweden will be the team stratin tomorrow.

Beenie knows what he is doing!!!!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 09:49:36 AM »
Latas real wicked the bestest most skilled, seasoned mid fielder we have , however it would be much better to bring latats on as a sub around the 30th minute..............I know men asking why ...Latas is old, he can match up to kost youngsters howver this is the World Cup and it would be better to bring him on to play when the opponents are a bit more tired.........This is when he can HURT them the MOST............not saying he would not be good as a starter, but we get the best utility if he came off the bench.....just my thoughts :beermug:

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 11:03:29 AM »
Allyuh now realize latapy have to be in the 11

Without him our Atticking has been halted .... there isnt that flare out there...  

even yorke has been affected....   yorke is playing a very casual midfield game...he needs latapy to benefit both the team and himself in midfield

not one of our players are even in the shadow of latapys class

Eg... when he came on against Wales the game changed completely

but! when he didnt play against Czech and Slovenia look what happened.... we only Scored 1...Had about 5 chances in 2 games.... when latapy is on he easily creates 5 chances ..

plus beenie likwes this possesion game...but he is benching the best possesion player in the team...without latapy the possesion is slow...and at a flat pace

but when he is on look at the difference...

sorry beenie i trust you but u are making a big mistake by keeping the magician on the bench

But as i said i have faith in beenie and TnT so come Saturday Latapy is as equal as atiba charles wolffe and every1 else involved lol

LATAPY 10

LONG LIVE THE MAGICIAN

AGE IS JUST MIND OVER MATTER....IF YOU DONT MIND IT DON'T MATTER!

Beenie not playing  & startin Latapy for our last few hames was a smart move. I think he has every intention of starting Latapy for the Sweden game. Beenie knows that our 1st game will be the most critical of all, and he knows once we can come away with even a point it will give us an advantage, and even if we go down to England, and pull off a win against Paraguay that may be enuff to send us into the final 16...He's resting Latapy purposely..so that when he does start he'll come out well rested and in rippin form.
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 11:28:23 AM »
latas is an important key to our success but i dont think anyone is taking into concideration the problem bennie has, which would explain the different roles in midfield that yorke has tried there is no balance with both yorke and latas in the same midfield and that is why bennie has been trying things in midfield to try and find the best fit so he have them both

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 03:42:02 PM »
This very interesting post but people let`s put in nut shell Latas must start he is our best player even at this stage in his career, it serves no purpose to bring him off the bench against either Sweeden or England because the way the defence is giving away goals we mite down three at half time without latas on the field to put pressure on the other teams defence, with latas on the field he is going to draw attention hence another player a whittley will have more room to opperate. Bennie has to know this else why would he be resting him, if he has the football smarts we all credit him with he will start latas

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006, 05:29:02 PM »
LATAS IS A BOSS

watch d pic

1]; } ?>