April 29, 2024, 02:48:00 AM

Author Topic: No respecter of reputations: Yorke woulda never make Van Basten Side!  (Read 2139 times)

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
Very Interesting article for all the dutch fans on Van Basten. From what he is saying about Seedorf, looks like Yorke does play the same kinda role and try and slow down the game. Yorke woulda be riding pine hard if Van Basten was trinidad coach! :)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=369779&root=worldcup&cc=5901

Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Very Interesting article for all the dutch fans on Van Basten. From what he is saying about Seedorf, looks like Yorke does play the same kinda role and try and slow down the game. Yorke woulda be riding pine hard if Van Basten was trinidad coach! :)

umm yea im gald to see this makes you happy...thanks...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
You see many similarities between Hoalland's player pool minus Seedorf and TnT's minus Yorke?

Dotish post.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You see many similarities between Hoalland's player pool minus Seedorf and TnT's minus Yorke?

Dotish post.

hoss, da's probably d stupid attitude too many players with name does get automatic sweat... i rel don't think yorke is head and shoulders above the rest of our midfield.... at his best he is class, but he does rel tug at times and he like Stern, could sit on d bench...

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
personally i rel happy wit yorke performance in the middle...so i quite frankly this post shud win the title of cupidish post for the mth......camparing dutch pool wit trini pool...

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What is the point of your post- We do not have the talent pool like the Dutch so the rationale does not apply to our situation

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke not making Van Basten side has nothing to do with what role he is playing in midfield for T&T..Yorke only plays that position out of necessity. So if he were eligible to play for Holland...it probably would not be for a midfield spot. Furthermore, Seedorf is a world class midfielder who has played that position his entire career. Yorke is not in the same class so don't make the comparison.

WHAT WAS GREAT about that article is it shows that a coaching staff considers more than a player's ability or how well he plays at his club...it is more about his effectiveness within the national set up....Of course, many of us know this, but the next time you wonder what wrong with Beenie and why he eh pick so-and-so, remember this article

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What is the point of your post- We do not have the talent pool like the Dutch so the rationale does not apply to our situation

so beacuse we doh have de talent pool as de dutch...de man can't make a point??....i agree he went about making de point in wrong way...but oh gosh!! daz why countries will always be ahead of we in lots of departments..especially sports...because of that mentality...so basically if ah man yanking stones or not producing..because he have a bess resume..he must get a bligh..cause we talent pool small or smaller than other countries...stuppppps

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Relax # 8, no horrors I should have been more clear. I wanted more clarity.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
is two different teams
if yuh holland yuh supposed to be the aggressor you doh want a man slowing down yuh attack
while for T&T you supposed to be recieved more punches than throwin so slowin down the game is the ideal thing to do

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
Re: No respecter of reputations: Yorke woulda never make Van Basten Side!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 09:29:43 AM »
yeah fellas , ah went about making muh point all wrong.but i just find yorke does slow down we play too much,but as ah man say that style probably suit trini more than any other style ah play, so.....
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No respecter of reputations: Yorke woulda never make Van Basten Side!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 09:31:46 AM »

Santacruz...........you thread title needs altering cause you statement should be if YORKE was Dutch he would be riding pine ior not on Van Basten team !!

Cause to say if VAN Basten was T&T coach .............tell me who the hell would he be picking before Yorke. We do have any Madura, Snjeder or Kurst what ever he name is to pick from ??

This have to be one SHIT post......yuh out of context homeboy . Right now T&T have best players on we squad to rep for T&T, so hol dat :beermug:

1]; } ?>