April 27, 2024, 12:51:33 AM

Author Topic: What are T&T's keys to any kind of success?  (Read 5035 times)

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What are T&T's keys to any kind of success?
« on: June 04, 2006, 07:39:54 AM »
1. Play with the same tempo and heart as in the second Bahrain game.

2. Play with the same defensive determination as in the first Mexico game in
the Hex, AND we have to score our few chances when they come.

3. Yorke has to stop playing sweeper.

4. In the 3 games T&T play, the first 20 minutes will be crucial to any chance
we have. As Slovenia and the Czech's showed, unless we counteract the pace
being thrown at us.

The one thing very obvious with the Zlovenia and Czech game, the tempo
that good teams play at, is something we are unaccustomed to.
We will see what we've learnt on June 10th from the lessons of the past
10 days.

One hope I have, is we DO NOT embarass ourselves.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
Re: What are T&T's keys to any kind of success?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 09:33:27 AM »
We would not embarass we self and the nation .... the first 20 mins are crucial ... once we settle dong ...we good to go then the other team is nervous cuz they are expecting to blow us away ....
Snake in de balliser

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:39:44 AM »
being thrown at us.

That's the most crucial key I believe.

It's been a bugbear of ours not just now but for some time.  It seemed to be dealt with after the Guatemala game at home but some things don't go away so lightly.  All these teams will have done their homework on us and know that we are at our MOST vulnerable at the beginning of the game.  This vulnerability is mainly a function of lack of concentration I believe.  Culturally, we take our time getting into our stride.  We hardly ever start guns a blazing right from the off.  Teams will be trying to exploit that without mercy.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 09:47:15 AM »
ONE KEY:

MENTAL PREPARTION
The game does not begin in the first twenty minutes but what mental  mindset do we have prior to and  leading up to the team running on to the pitch?

It may collectively take us that initial 20 minutes to settle into the game however the crucial and critial factor is that if your opponent has already mentally adjusted and is ahaed of you at this time, you may already be playing with a deficit.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 09:52:15 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 09:52:59 AM »
Cornell Glen starting
Snake in de balliser

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 10:20:02 AM »

we need to wake up early in a game and stop letting teams put pressure on us  from early. we have to bring the game to them from the whistle...

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 10:28:19 AM »
1. Play with the same tempo and heart as in the second Bahrain game.

2. Play with the same defensive determination as in the first Mexico game in
the Hex, AND we have to score our few chances when they come.

3. Yorke has to stop playing sweeper.

being thrown at us.

The one thing very obvious with the Zlovenia and Czech game, the tempo
that good teams play at, is something we are unaccustomed to.
We will see what we've learnt on June 10th from the lessons of the past
10 days.

One hope I have, is we DO NOT embarass ourselves.

I agree with u on those points, we need the same kind of intensity that we started with for the Mexico game.
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 10:36:09 AM »
Intensity

Intensity

Intensity

Out of all the major errors we making so far, in my opinion, slow pace is our major stumbling block. You cant play that slow at World Cup Level! It does not work. The balls are lighter, the kit is lighter, the boots they wear are lighter and the actual pitches are far better than 15 years ago. So the game naturally is 10 times faster. Good thing they showed signs of improvement against the 2nd best side in the world! Lets hope they can turn it on when it matters!

We have to up the tempo. These guys need to play a faster tempo game

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »
i think the key to our game is stern, unlike the bashes on this board i respect the man's game. i think confidence is the key to our game if stern can score one of the early chances that he will get it will help settle the team and let them know that they can do this and with them more relaxed everything will flow better , because i think bennie will want to play a style more like the iceland game but he had to experiment because he is trying to find a way for both yorke and latas to play in the same midfield without compromising balance

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 11:46:47 AM »
i think the key to our game is stern, unlike the bashes on this board i respect the man's game. i think confidence is the key to our game if stern can score one of the early chances that he will get it will help settle the team and let them know that they can do this and with them more relaxed everything will flow better , because i think bennie will want to play a style more like the iceland game but he had to experiment because he is trying to find a way for both yorke and latas to play in the same midfield without compromising balance

i second that we'll see some surprises from t&t

The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 04:15:10 PM »
also worthy of mention is movement off de ball . .in de czech game especially . .whenever somebody had de ball . .he never had nobody to pass to . . cuz nobody was movin . . forcin players to try to dribble. . or send a long ball fuh stern . . we cyah have da happenin . .

allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 04:27:46 PM »
My uncle use to always ask me.....

"What is the Key to the game?" And I would repeat "Concentration."

Then He would ask "What must you have to Concentrate?" And I would say "Patience."

This is what I think we need to be repeating all the time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 04:29:07 PM »
de only key to success is GOALS
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Foreigner

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 05:37:31 PM »
Seems to me that our decision making on the ball (getting rid/passing/awareness of opponents) appears to be in slow motion compared to the top flight teams.  Quick distribution + Quick decision making when on the ball.  Eventhough our game is to keep possession that does not mean one(1) individual holding the ball to long.  We are also too slow to the ball and our players are not closing fast enough when the opposition has the ball.  That has to change!! NOW!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »
A team could only do what they could do and nothing more.  Trinidad can't play Englands game so England and Sweden will be expecting us to try to stop them from playing there game so they'll be prepared for that.  The key to us winning is 5 men in the middle that pulling off crunching tackles.  Nobody like to get hard blade.  If we do that in the first 10min.  You'll be saying to the opponent "This victory if you get it would be very expensive for you"  It is time to put away all the fren ting with Beckham and Zlatan.  This is World Cup.  We need to man handle them fellas.  Secondly..score your chances because we will have them.  Both games that we lost we had very good scoring chances in them, but man missing and thing.

My 5 cents
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »
that first game that everyone plays.......all teams will be nervous,  of course we're going to be nervous,  sweden will be nervous themselves.....if we can take advantage of it and go onto de pitch like we does do this everyday.....de score could possibly be 2-0 T&T before halftime.......lewwe go T&T  :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 07:09:47 PM »
One thing I notice Leo keep focussing on is how our players not used to the european speed and it is harsh lessons for us to play some of these teams that we playing in warm up and getting beaten.
I for one think that as most of our players play in europe, in european teams, speed should not be a problem.
I think the most important thing for us is to IMPOSE OUR WILL AGAINST SOME OF THESE TEAMS.
It might sound jokey, but how come Slovenia could look so goood versus T&T and run all over us, we complain about the speed, etc etc, yet only today, newcomers Ivory COast could destroy this same slovenia 3-0?
They impose their will.
Czech barely beat Costa Rica 1-0 the odda day.
Ghana beating South Korea.
Why are some of these other small teams not getting beaten consistently like us?
Is it that we cant impose our will and style on a team that we play (and therefore only rely on trying to match them and play with them), or is it that we just dont have the quality players to do so?
We hadda find a way to impose OUR WILL on the opposition and not just try to keep pace with their game.
Whether we have the quality players to do that is another topic.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »
Trini ,
ah like some of what yuh saying here. There is some validity but at the same time the make up of those comparable small nations are different thaan the players we have.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 07:54:55 PM »
Intensity.
Concentration.
Patience.
Impose 'their' will.

Maybe I missed something watching the Slovenia and Czech game,
but our leader has to get us to settle down, keep us focused, but calm,
and a la 'Me Mum', every man Jack (excuse me pun), have to step up
their work rate.
Was anyone on the field barking orders?

Just like BeenH had his scouts out there doing their thing, is the same
way the Swedes, English and Paraguay have done their scouting.

For me, if we play smart football (have to go back to the first Mexico game
in the Hex), and we can absorb the first 20 minutes of fire from all 3
teams, I believe we have a chance.

If not, ................................ popo smoke we .....................

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »
THe first 20 min. We always concede key goals during that period. I would go as far as saying the first 30 mins too.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 09:30:42 AM »
My uncle use to always ask me.....

"What is the Key to the game?" And I would repeat "Concentration."

Then He would ask "What must you have to Concentrate?" And I would say "Patience."

This is what I think we need to be repeating all the time.

Papie “Patience" is what have them playing all slow! I don't know about all that patience business nah.  No "Patience" Strike the first blow is how we rolling this time round... those other team now we like to play relax/patience. This thing is like a boxing match we never been in a big time fight what we waiting for? Go out swinging and who knows we might end up on thee ground or we might just have the power punch to know out something! We have this lackadaisical way of playing "Patience" and it's been killing us!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 09:42:50 AM »
that first game that everyone plays.......all teams will be nervous,  of course we're going to be nervous,  sweden will be nervous themselves.....if we can take advantage of it and go onto de pitch like we does do this everyday.....de score could possibly be 2-0 T&T before halftime.......lewwe go T&T  :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower:

Right, man have to relax.....and show that you relaxed...buss some joke in the tunnel and thing.  Let tham hear it.  An English player say the most unnerving team to play is the Brazilians because in the tunnel even for big games dem fellas relaxed and kicksin.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 11:31:49 AM »
Well, nothing more to worry about as I see it.  It is like an exam, you learn and cram for it but once the day comes you either know it or you don’t.  De players have to have fun and rely on what they learn from Beenie.  Soak up the experience, long live football.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 01:47:40 PM »
The defense needs to get their act together and we must have greater  cohesion so we could have very effective passes and maintain possesion

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 05:46:46 PM »
Hear nah we cannot go out there and be timid and from the cut ass we get so far,I would say we went out there timid...except Birchell

We have to go out there with a no prisoner mental,while playing smart,we have been waiting to get here for some time and this not the time to naive

Naive....is the watch word for Staurday

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 07:05:38 PM »
Concentration is extremely important at this stage. Good teams do the right thing ocassionally. But great teams do the right thing all the time. We need to remind switched on for 120 minutes. As TI said, 80% mental. I believe that we also need to play at a relatively quick pace for the first 20 minutes. Let's see how these teams response to early pressure (if they not switched on then we can capitalize on that). Let's go T n T!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 08:05:35 PM »
Not to give up an early goal. It has been happening regularly just as it was in 1989 .,..... I remember Costa Rica scored on us inside a minute. We managed to correct that then , I hope we can do so again.
an early goal throws the game plan out the window as you now are left chasing the game ..an early goal also unsettles the team for fear of another.
Not to end the game short of 11 men. we have a tendency to play short after sending offs in major tournaments like gold cup etc. this is either a result of mistimed tackles or lack of savy especially against experienced eams. they tease you and goad you into retaliation. Retaliation in the WC gets you a sending off.... Cyd gray and atiba charles if he plays will do well to pay attention to this fact. anything less than 11 players in this tournament is suicide.

1]; } ?>