April 28, 2024, 11:32:19 PM

Author Topic: Walcott's Diary  (Read 2655 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Walcott's Diary
« on: June 04, 2006, 05:43:19 PM »
The Times June 05, 2006

Theo's diary (aged 17 and a quarter)

Time to prove i'm not faking it
By A Correspondent

WE’RE ON OUR WAY TO THE World Cup, and what a great send-off at Old Trafford on Saturday. The England fans created a great atmosphere and, as I sat on the bench, I just felt like one of them. That’s only natural I suppose, since we have a similar background — none of the 70,000 of us has played top-level club football.
I’ve always felt I’m in tune with the mood of the nation’s football fans. When England failed to qualify for the 1994 World Cup because of a defeat by Holland I remember I was crying my eyes out — my family insisted on seeing the match on TV when I wanted to watch Postman Pat on the other side.

It was brought home to me this week just what a huge event it will be in Germany. We were getting on with our training quietly when suddenly this world-famous elder statesman arrived to wish us luck. I heard the word Windsor mentioned but I wasn’t sure if that was his name or whether the lads were planning their next trip to the races. Whatever he’s called, he looked really old.

Sven says he still hasn’t got himself another manager’s job so he’s trying to get into television programme-making. He says he’s fascinated by a Channel 4 show called Faking It where someone is plucked from nowhere and given four weeks to master a skill well enough to fool a group of experts. Apparently he’s trying to submit an episode himself where someone pretends they are a proper footballer and tries to fool teams such as Paraguay and Brazil, but I don’t know who he’s talking about.

Anyway, I’m feeling really proud after becoming the youngest ever England player in last week’s match with Hungary. I wanted to become the youngest ever England player to face Jamaica but I didn’t get on, which was disappointing, until someone pointed out that I was the youngest ever unused England substitute against Jamaica, which was great.

Someone called Andy Johnson introduced himself to me on the bench at Old Trafford, but I couldn’t place him — he has two such common names. I got quite excited when I realised I was the only Theo playing in the Premiership and also the only Walcott. Then the excitement faded when I remembered I don’t actually play in the Premiership.

I’m hoping to catch the eye of a Premiership team such as Arsenal by playing well in the World Cup. My two chances in the group stage are against Paraguay and Trinidad & Tobago — obviously I can’t play against Sweden because that game kicks off at 9pm local time, which means I would have to leave at half-time to get to the hotel by my bedtime. Even so, there is talk of me being the mascot at that game, which would be an honour.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Walcott's Diary
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:54:49 PM »
Dis serious???
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:58:36 PM »
Dis serious???

come, come now Bourbon  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 08:04:08 PM »
Read it over nah......

Sven says he still hasn’t got himself another manager’s job so he’s trying to get into television programme-making. He says he’s fascinated by a Channel 4 show called Faking It where someone is plucked from nowhere and given four weeks to master a skill well enough to fool a group of experts. Apparently he’s trying to submit an episode himself where someone pretends they are a proper footballer and tries to fool teams such as Paraguay and Brazil, but I don’t know who he’s talking about.

::)

Anyway, I’m feeling really proud after becoming the youngest ever England player in last week’s match with Hungary. I wanted to become the youngest ever England player to face Jamaica but I didn’t get on, which was disappointing, until someone pointed out that I was the youngest ever unused England substitute against Jamaica, which was great.
    ::)

I’m hoping to catch the eye of a Premiership team such as Arsenal by playing well in the World Cup. My two chances in the group stage are against Paraguay and Trinidad & Tobago — obviously I can’t play against Sweden because that game kicks off at 9pm local time, which means I would have to leave at half-time to get to the hotel by my bedtime. Even so, there is talk of me being the mascot at that game, which would be an honour.

Yeh man.........dis hadda be serious.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:03:44 AM »
aye ...my word...ppl rel creative none theless

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
FREDDIE ADU VS. THEO WALCOTT
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 05:27:25 AM »
What insight or lack of, that allow the England coaching to staff to select Theo Walcott, who has not played one professional game to participate this WC ... and the United States not pick Freddie Adu who some would argue is one of the best young talent in the USA and have been playing in the professional league for two years?  All things being equal souldn't Freddie be in the WC?

SCARFACE PLEASE CHECK MY SPELLING!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FREDDIE ADU VS. THEO WALCOTT
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 05:40:26 AM »
dred, i wondered about that mehself, yuh ha to figure ericksson select him to give him that exposure???(ah cyah see him actually playing though)then yuh look at more deserving man dat he leave in england to watch de worldcup......then yuh look at arena who ah believe(rightly?)decide dat he could get more from the de men he carry than he coulda get from freddy adu.....ah sure each have ah explanation(though ah never hear it).....i still scratchin meh head....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FREDDIE ADU VS. THEO WALCOTT
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »
the only thing I can guess with Theo is that his pace can change a game which is what Sven is gambling on. When Brazil beat England 4 years ago, there were no players on the England bench who could change the game and inject some pace. Theo might be the answer to that.

Freddie Adu I have read a lot abput, but is he that good or is there a lot of Hype. I am surprised if he is that good that a European team has not snapped him up. A surprise omission though.

1]; } ?>