March 28, 2024, 05:54:16 PM

Author Topic: What would the ratio of crowd support be like on Saturday?!!!  (Read 1477 times)

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
With FIFA attempting to make the allocation of tickets to the games fair, do you forumites believe that there will be an even distribution of Support for the Soca Warriors versus the Swedes?  Or do you think that because their population is greater that it is obvious that they were allocated significantly more than our supporters?

Note: that we may have the support of many countries that don't have a team going to the world cup.

ALSO

How important do you think crowd support will be on the psyche of both teams?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 02:18:19 PM by masterblaster »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What would the ratio of crowd support be like on Saturday?!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:36:07 PM »
With FIFA attempting to make the allocation of tickets to the games fair, do you forumites believe that there will be an even distribution of Support for the Soca Warriors versus the Swedes?  Or do you think that because their population is greater that it is obvious that they were allocated significantly more than our supporters?

Note: that we may have the support of many countries that don't have a team going to the world cup.

ALSO

How important do you think crowd support will be on the psyche of both teams?

There should be alot more Swedes than Trinis beacuse of 1. Their greater population 2. The nearness of Sweden to Germany and 3. The large amounts of Swedes and Germans of Swedish descent in germany!

We have no idea however of the number of germans who willl be supporting the underdog or the amount of scots and welshmen etc who are travelling to support us!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Ocky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 02:43:43 PM »
Firstly, I don't see how population has anything to do with it. T&T were allocated 8% of the gate as were Sweden. If you've sold all your allocation then things should be roughly equal. Don't count on any Welsh or Scots travelling to see you! They're all keyboard warriors, they'll be sat at home watching you, nothing more than that. I know that some England fans are attending your games, check it out for the flags around the stadium.

However when you meet England in Nuremberg expect to be outnumbered by about 3-1. Thats no reflection on you or population or anything similar. You just have to remember that England are the world experts at getting tickets through alternative sources and have been doing it for years.They'll do it to you but they'll do it to everybody else as well.   :angel:

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 02:50:28 PM »
Psycologically its an extra shot in the arm, knowing you have the majority of support. But to me, it doesnt matter how many we have. I always expected us to have the least in numbers inside the stadium, and thats purely to do with accessibility of tickets that were allocated. It would be interesting to know how many Trini's are actually travelling to Germany from Trinidad. But whether 2,000 or 20,000, we gonna make noise.

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:59:34 PM »
Psycologically its an extra shot in the arm, knowing you have the majority of support. But to me, it doesnt matter how many we have. I always expected us to have the least in numbers inside the stadium, and thats purely to do with accessibility of tickets that were allocated. It would be interesting to know how many Trini's are actually travelling to Germany from Trinidad. But whether 2,000 or 20,000, we gonna make noise.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!! :)  WE HAVE TO MAKE REAL NOISE....DEM BOYZ WILL NEED IT.  I HOPE ALL WHO WERE ABLE TO GET TICKETS PARTY RIGHT THROUGH AND DON'T SIT DOWN SOCIAL SOCIAL LIKE DE FRAID PEOPLE :beermug:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 04:14:16 PM »
We IRONS will be de difference ;D. Dem boys will hear de IRONS over all that Swede and English singing. No worries.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 04:27:22 PM »
Although each countries FA is allocated an equal 8%, the other tickets on general lottery through FIFA or available through sponsors are going to go to the side with the most applicants - so larger countries will be represented more.

Also I notice for the England game people on this board only have tickets for the Blue Zone. - I find that interesting. In the other two games we have some tickets for every side of the stadium, although usually two of the colors dominate. for example red and blue for Sweden and Green and Yellow for Paraguay.

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=13876.0

1]; } ?>