April 19, 2024, 02:11:06 PM

Author Topic: If the Soca Warriors Beat England, We could Win the World Cup!  (Read 10010 times)

TrinInfinite

I know i will get real pressuh for this but say wha, england are one of the favorites to win the cup, if we beat them we will also be favorites to win the cup, it is logical, so all the out of timing talk of shaka and a few others, dey could take it and cool it, what people dont realize is the game of football is 80% psychological, mentally you have to believe in yourself, intelligence wins games, not braun or psyhical strength only, if that was the case JA would have made the 2nd rounds, bc they didnt have the intelligence and skill level we players have and hopefully dey have developed their intelligence on the pitch to a greater extent for these first round games.

I dont understand people these days, it is the era of videotechnology, you can study a team and see their weak points and strengths, whoever executes the gameplan better on the day, wins, maybe with some luck and hard work. Ill take the example of the brian lara, out of the 2-2.5 billion that watch cricket and play, trinidad produced the greatest test batsman of all time, out of 9 mill in the west indies, we ruled over nations who had almost a billion people, it is amazing, how can u rule out trinidad and its talent?

I dont know why we have so many negative people around the team, going into the world cup we should aim high and play hard, this is not the same as being overconfident, its believing in yourself and your team, fed up with people talking about england and all this bullshit, who cares, they said the same thing about the west indies team and look what happened. People dont understand mental strength is stronger than pshysical strength, the soca warriors will prevail.

vibes it up

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: If the Soca Warriors Beat England, We could Win the World Cup!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:53:43 PM »
TI...lol... you is ah winner with this post.... well yes ;D ;D
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 05:58:42 PM »
dred you like pong or what?  :rotfl: wham....

how holland going? give us some updates nah man..

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 06:11:18 PM »
holland nice but de damn weather cold no ass, summer starts on the 24th, de boys will open the wc in cold weather ah feel, it is also cold in germany, their game today was cold also, this is why europeans have the advantage bc of the weather, any warm weather s.america holds the advantage, bought some jerseys, waitin 2 see if the red kit has a long sleeve for sale in xxl, hopefully i see it in germany, other than the nitelife is nice, watching cricket in rotterdam in a irish pub and football b4 dat, u get all the games over here, unlike canada. >:(

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 06:18:03 PM »
holland nice but de damn weather cold no ass, summer starts on the 24th, de boys will open the wc in cold weather ah feel, it is also cold in germany, their game today was cold also, this is why europeans have the advantage bc of the weather, any warm weather s.america holds the advantage, bought some jerseys, waitin 2 see if the red kit has a long sleeve for sale in xxl, hopefully i see it in germany, other than the nitelife is nice, watching cricket in rotterdam in a irish pub and football b4 dat, u get all the games over here, unlike canada. >:(

decent man....i hoping yuh representing us well and wearing yuh T&T kit dere and not dat pantyman holland kit  ;D

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 06:58:15 PM »
I know i will get real pressuh for this but say wha, england are one of the favorites to win the cup, if we beat them we will also be favorites to win the cup, it is logical, so all the out of timing talk of shaka and a few others, dey could take it and cool it, what people dont realize is the game of football is 80% psychological, mentally you have to believe in yourself, intelligence wins games, not braun or psyhical strength only, if that was the case JA would have made the 2nd rounds, bc they didnt have the intelligence and skill level we players have and hopefully dey have developed their intelligence on the pitch to a greater extent for these first round games.

I dont understand people these days, it is the era of videotechnology, you can study a team and see their weak points and strengths, whoever executes the gameplan better on the day, wins, maybe with some luck and hard work. Ill take the example of the brian lara, out of the 2-2.5 billion that watch cricket and play, trinidad produced the greatest test batsman of all time, out of 9 mill in the west indies, we ruled over nations who had almost a billion people, it is amazing, how can u rule out trinidad and its talent?

I dont know why we have so many negative people around the team, going into the world cup we should aim high and play hard, this is not the same as being overconfident, its believing in yourself and your team, fed up with people talking about england and all this bullshit, who cares, they said the same thing about the west indies team and look what happened. People dont understand mental strength is stronger than pshysical strength, the soca warriors will prevail.

vibes it up

TI, how things. Nice post! Football is 80% mental. Confidence is key. You remain optimistic (I like it). Anyways,  give me your phone number and/or e-mail address again. I have a trini breadrin in holland I want you to met up with with. He from Toronto too. You will feel like a big  boy moving with him too. The men he living with plays with Deportivo de La Coruña and Feyenoord repectively (so you could take some pictures with some superstars)  ;D . Take care breadrin and keep out of trouble (girls, weed and party run Hollond you know).

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 07:00:41 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 08:14:05 PM »

vibes it up

TI, how things. Nice post! Football is 80% mental. Confidence is key. You remain optimistic (I like it). Anyways,  give me your phone number and/or e-mail address again. I have a trini breadrin in holland I want you to met up with with. He from Toronto too. You will feel like a big  boy moving with him too. The men he living with plays with Deportivo de La Coruña and Feyenoord repectively (so you could take some pictures with some superstars)  ;D . Take care breadrin and keep out of trouble (girls, weed and party run Hollond you know).

Kingman

kingman you mind sharing where you get that football is 80% mental ? I been trying that technique for years but i find as i get older it works even less so ..and i consider myself mentally tougher each year !

Brazilian football coaching level 1 ...football has three main facets ...tactical, physical and technical. ther are of course others but these are the ones emphasized......

i believe i can fly......I believe i can touch the sky .....

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 04:12:05 AM »
germany doesnt beat you with skill, they beat you with intelligence and hard work, practise and execution by the players bc of intelligence on the field.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 05:11:47 AM »
If we beat England....I could fu^% Selma Hayek.... :chilling: :mackdaddy: :whip: :afro:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 05:18:57 AM »
If we beat England....I could fu^% Selma Hayek.... :chilling: :mackdaddy: :whip: :afro:

VB

You better starting getting her contact info.!  ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 05:19:24 AM »

VB

You have the "braun" to do it...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 05:55:18 AM »
germany doesnt beat you with skill, they beat you with intelligence and hard work, practise and execution by the players bc of intelligence on the field.

are we saying here that this German team or any german team for that matter is not technically, tactically and physically prepared for any WC tournament ?
forget the word skill for I believe we could start a long thread on what that really means ...
Intelligence on the field ??? you have introduced some new criteria here ....
Have you seen this german team play ?.... the game against argentina was probably the best friendly so far in terms of beautiful flowing attacking football...
we still analyse players but top teams prefer to deal with systems ...things suich as speed of the team, ability to defend, ability to keep possession, ability to counterattack etc.
everyone can master the ball at this level...the ability to work as a team in the stated areas of importance makes the diffeence ...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 06:01:32 AM »

vibes it up

Why the need to belittle my people to prove your point? I gotta love your optimism though. Thats what its all about at this level. Jamaica couldnt progres to the second rounds simply because they werent good enough in a group of Argentina, evential thrid placed team Croatia, and Japan. is T&T good enough to advance out of a group with england, Sweden and Paraguay? History will tell me no...but on the day...football is played on teh pitch and not on paper. Can T&T win a game? yes, can they score in every game? yes....Will they advance? highly unlikely.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 07:32:43 PM »
haul yuh ass RF, JA get 6-0 from england and ah watch de game, JA cant tie the trinidad team shoes at dis point in time, neither can dey even play on the same pitch wit we, jamaica dont play intelligent football, dey play agressive football, diz it, dey never give up, but dey cant score tuh save their lives, neither can dey come back from a defecit like tt, when we advance 2 de 2nd rounds, come and shine my shoes and kiss my feet

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 07:37:59 PM »

nope I dont quite think so... they beat you with with a skill that has been trained into them... there thinking on the feild has been so over worked that its just become a basic instinct. Ill go with Jai John here... where.. you need to believe you can do it... but theres no point in going as far as fooling yourself.

Beenhakker put it best.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

MickeyRat

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 07:40:16 PM »
TI, I know you're in Holland.  That does not mean you my participate in the smoke.  Beating England is everyone's dream.  However, I don't think that will happen this WC.

Have fun!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 07:47:34 PM »
Yes and No.
Yes, the understanding that you have the potential to achieve greatness can spur you on to attain the heights that you are capable of. Morale is in a sense a performance enhancing drug, however, too much can degenerate performance. How?? overconfidence. Mentally while for short periods the correct attitude can substitute for a difference in skill, this is hardly something that can be carried for extended periods of time. What beating England can do is actually encourage a sense of realisation that we can go furthur than our underdog status implies. How long that enhances our performance would remain to be seen...........but I wouldnt bank on it. As I said.....any team....no matter how "weak" on paper can win on any given day, and if God gives enough days......that team can win a tournament.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 08:51:19 PM »

GARBAGE

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 09:23:34 PM »

Eh TI, you eh skip a beat breds, u sure is not some cafe u eh writing from in Holland!!!! Enjoy your trip soldier and vibes it up  :beermug:

Yeah all Holland getting West Indies cricket and we salting in T.O.

Offline P3 (from Sweden)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 05:31:48 AM »

vibes it up

Dont smoke your Dreads m8 !!!!!

Offline P3 (from Sweden)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 05:36:00 AM »
DONT SMOKE YOUR OWN DREADS    m8   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :rotfl:

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 06:53:16 AM »

he kingman

girls, weed and party run Hollond you know

hahaha

you rule!

now you know why beenhakker is a genius

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 07:12:15 AM »
haul yuh ass RF, JA get 6-0 from england and ah watch de game, JA cant tie the trinidad team shoes at dis point in time, neither can dey even play on the same pitch wit we, jamaica dont play intelligent football, dey play agressive football, diz it, dey never give up, but dey cant score tuh save their lives, neither can dey come back from a defecit like tt, when we advance 2 de 2nd rounds, come and shine my shoes and kiss my feet

Dont get too emotional TI...Jamaica was shitty against England, no one is denying that. Given that T&T has been in training for the world cup, and given the quality coach you have, its highly expected that your team at the  moment should do better agaianst the likes of England, Sweden etc

Based on what I saw of T&T vs Czech republic...I wouldnt say Trinidad is way better than Jamaica at the moment...even with the training and the vastly beter coach at the helm.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 07:37:58 AM »

Dont get too emotional TI...Jamaica was shitty against England, no one is denying that. Given that T&T has been in training for the world cup, and given the quality coach you have, its highly expected that your team at the moment should do better agaianst the likes of England, Sweden etc

Based on what I saw of T&T vs Czech republic...I wouldnt say Trinidad is way better than Jamaica at the moment...even with the training and the vastly beter coach at the helm.

where yuh hiding rf, talk 2 some yardmen who badder than u in dortmund and dey think we can beat england, dey also say we better than ja, hush yuh mouth nah :devil:

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 09:08:43 AM »
TEAM SPIRIT is the driving force behind our positive results in the world cup. I did not see individuals in our match against Sweden I saw a team, watching the game on TV you were able to see the faces of Sweeds looking out of it, then the camera zoomed in on our TNT fans and all you could see is pure enjoyment, at one point one of the commentators said 'You would think they were leading 5-0 the way they were acting' , I saw SANCHO with a diving header just to cut off the run of play from Sweden, I saw Whitley beat a Sweed by knocking a ball straight along de line and running around the man then collecting it , something we do in small goal in TNT all de time, with ten men Beenie called up an attacker GLEN, it's stuff like this boost the team spirit, Beenie in true badman style did not settle just to defend and call it a day, after the ball hit the cross bar after leaving Glen's right foot, Beenie's intent was clear, I call him THE FIELD MARSHALL GENERAL,with spirit of a true SOCA WARRIOR. Come thursday, I say bring out the history books and start writing from de time the ball kick off, because this one going down in the history books like if it is de final, and England going down in it too, as I say capture de queen and is check and ultimately checkmate, we in de second round, jess so.... 

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 09:23:05 AM »
I definitely agree with TI. Football is all about motivation, determination which leads to a proper execution of the planned strategy. Trinidad is highly motivated and determined coming off that draw with sweden and England seems to be lacking that motivation. So i would say we will see the greatest game that our national team has ever played come thursday 15 june 2006. Thats how i see it.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 09:40:49 AM »
We're not winning the World Cup & we might not even get a point against England...but who cares, what the warriors have done for the country, and for the tournament so far (yes we have made a mark on the World Cup)........is what football and life is all about..........so I like this thread....Big up yuhself T.I.

GO WARRIORS !!!!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 09:53:42 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 09:47:24 AM »
We're not winning the World Cup & we might not even get a point against England...but who cares, what the warriors have done for the country, and for the tournament (yes we have made a mark on the World Cup)........is what football and life is all about..........so I like this thread....Big up yuhself T.I.

GO WARRIORS !!!!!

Kicker, you said it right.  Every newspaper all over the world taking about one thing - Trinidad and Tobago mess up Sweden.  Take that, all the doubters!  Now England shaking in their boots.  Now we can build form that.  I hope our administrators don't squander this wonderful moment.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »

vibes it up

Kingman

Kingman... de kinda pace TI moving with.. Ainsley, Julian and Jonathan won't be able to keep up...then again it might be de other way around ;D

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:08:18 AM by #8 »

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 11:05:32 AM »
I am an optimist but i am also a realist. England is just one of the hurdles Trinidad has to face and experience counts for a lot when you speak about winning the cup and T&T don't have that experience.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

1]; } ?>