April 19, 2024, 11:52:57 AM

Author Topic: Questions for 73 squad and Strike Squad  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Questions for 73 squad and Strike Squad
« on: June 05, 2006, 07:21:17 AM »
I will be going to Germany with these squads. I eh know if is all ah dem making de trip, but if yuh have general questions or questions for specific players, then post them here or send them via PM and I will try and get the answers. Ah heading down T&T tomorrow, so allyuh have until de morning.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 05:12:04 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for 73 squad and Strike Squad
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 07:29:21 AM »
Ask Marlon Morris if there are copies of his book still available.......if so where?

If not would permission be granted to start a thread here so that I could share excerpts from his book on a weekly basis....when things cool down on the board nah and mankind bored.

Or better yet would he give permission to scan the book and make it available online for us to share.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 07:32:02 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:35:20 AM »
Ask Marlon Morris if there are copies of his book still available.......if so where?

I recently received a dozen copies of that book and they will be sold through the Warrior Nation. I only took that amount because I wanted to gauge the level of interest, but I can always get more if needed.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:39:28 AM »
I figure you might probably scratch the controversy of the haiti game in your interview

If so, my questions are
(A) didnt ANYBODY on the team draw attention (throgh newspapers etc) to the fact that the TTFF at the time didnt protest the decision

b) did that experience make them 'wash their hands' from trini football because of who still running/administering it...and what are they all up to now (these days)?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 08:39:43 AM »
1. I curious to know what they ('73) think of the Mexican Team of that Tournament as compared to now.
2. And what is the general feeling about the level of play by this current worldcup team compared to Them. Hopefull no biased answers.
3. Do they feel, like most fans that Latapy is the best footballer ever? If not who is and why.
4. How do the individual footballers compare in their positions between this current worldcup team and them. Do they really feel they are better. (Hopeful for indepth analysis and comments on each player and position)
5. Is/are  there any player(s) from the current squad that they would have liked to have on the '73 team.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 08:41:44 AM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 08:42:14 AM »
1)What do you think about overseas born players competing for the nation?

2) Are You Better than the 2006 Team?

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 09:02:46 AM »
Questions to both squads:

1) What is your T&T Dream XI?

2) Which keeper would you like to see start at the World Cup, and why?

3) Which young player (under 25) currently on the national squad has the most potential?

4) Which young player not currently training with the national team should be picked for campaign 2010?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 09:34:13 AM by sin »
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 09:21:31 AM »

Look man we argue this to death. Almost every squad including Angola have overseas born, as a mattter of fact they have 7. This going on since World Cup start, Italy had three from Uruguay.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 09:32:38 AM »

Look man we argue this to death. Almost every squad including Angola have overseas born, as a mattter of fact they have 7. This going on since World Cup start, Italy had three from Uruguay.

Trust me I know about the teams you dont have to tell me, but Tallman asked if he wants anyone to ask any questions and I ASKED. he doesnt have to ask it if he doesnt want to, maybe I want to hear an ex-international point of view ,not bramling and cussing.
You dont have to disprove of it.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 09:40:23 AM »
Tallman ask them where they staying in Germany. Let me look dem up and say hello.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 10:25:11 AM »
Tallman, a few questions for the Strike Squad:

1) Are there any players on the Soca Warriors that could have made the Strike Squad 18.  Who and why?

2)  What was the on the field strength of the Strike Squad: defense, midfield, forwards, wingers, keeper?  What do they consider the strength of the Soca warriors and why?

3) How would the Strike Squad been different if the majority of the players were foreign based like the Soca Warriors as opposed to local-based (Strike Squad).  Would the style of play have been different?  The "togetherness" of the team? Mental and physical preparation better or not as good?

4) With the increase of opportunity for Trinidadian players in foreign leagues, are there any Strike Squad players that didn't have the chance to play pro outside that would have definitely been a top class pro?  (My choices would be Marvin Faustin; Colvin Hutchinson; Brian Williams)

Thanks

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 01:20:36 PM »
1. Ask the 73 squad how come they ent hit the refree some hard slap after he cheat we on tha game back then? :rotfl:

2. Ask the Strike squad who or thee keeper... did the US really pay him off to take tha shuppid goal from half line with the sun in he eyes?  ::) :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »

LET DE MAN ASK WHAT HE WANT TO ASK NAH
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 01:57:50 PM »
Tallman a question for the strike squad

If they had Beenie how would they have done? I know it's hyperthetical but still...
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 02:22:56 PM »

LET DE MAN ASK WHAT HE WANT TO ASK NAH

:o ;D :rotfl:

Coops say allyuh men on edge.....he damn right oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 02:25:37 PM »
Tallman, a few questions for the Strike Squad:

1) Are there any players on the Soca Warriors that could have made the Strike Squad 18.  Who and why?

2)  What was the on the field strength of the Strike Squad: defense, midfield, forwards, wingers, keeper?  What do they consider the strength of the Soca warriors and why?

3) How would the Strike Squad been different if the majority of the players were foreign based like the Soca Warriors as opposed to local-based (Strike Squad).  Would the style of play have been different?  The "togetherness" of the team? Mental and physical preparation better or not as good?

4) With the increase of opportunity for Trinidadian players in foreign leagues, are there any Strike Squad players that didn't have the chance to play pro outside that would have definitely been a top class pro?  (My choices would be Marvin Faustin; Colvin Hutchinson; Brian Williams)

Thanks

ah feel the Yorke fella and de short man who does wear 10, ah tink he name Latapy, could make dah Strike Squad side. wey yuh tink?..... :)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 03:30:48 PM »
After playing university ball in the states all I want to know is 2 things

1.  How does it feel to be on the cusp of playing on the world's biggest (Bigger than the big yard) stage??

2.  (Not really a question but more of support) Know that the world is seeing 23 players but what they don't see is the 1.3 million people behind you, supporting you all the way.  Go Warriors and bring back the cup, if not bring back some good memories  :angel:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 05:25:08 PM »
not everybody from the '73 team going.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 08:56:23 PM »
Can can you ask the 73 squad what they believe the TTFF improved on from their time to the Strike Squad time, to now? In Terms of Administration, Player Development, etc.

Similar to the above, ask the Strike Squad what they think the TTFF improve on or put in place from their time to now to ensure Nov, 19th 1989 never happen again?

What they think will happen in terms of Trinidad and Tobago Football post WC and the TTFF 2010 plan?

Cheers Tallman.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>