March 19, 2024, 01:15:30 AM

Author Topic: Welcome to International Football  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Welcome to International Football
« on: June 03, 2006, 06:43:54 PM »
Well, after watching the game against Czech Republic, I am not totally disappointed. I mean we were outplayed to a degree, made some defensive blunders and just to say, we were a little outclassed.
However, we did have an improved second half and people, we held the number 2 ranked side in the world 0:0 for an entire 45 minutes. This was good.

Now, just let me say that I am glad that we are playing these kind of international matches. We are now seeing what it takes to be prepared for international football and what it takes to compete at this level.  I hope we learn valuable lessons from this.

If you make defensive blunders you pay. You fail to take your chances, you pay. Even Beenhakker has admitted that Trinidad and Tobago Football is not at this level. He said that our players are not accustomed to the rigorous training and this may have had them fatigued before a couple of matches. Also, it was better we play these kind of tough international friendlies in order to gauge the level we are at(better than fooling ourselves by playing weaker teams and fooling yourself). Sosaid Beenhakker.

Now, what I am getting at with all this is that I hope this World Cup experience is used as foundation to improve the level of our football so when 2010 comes, our team will be even better. This means revamping the entire football system in this country and doing our best to develop the game.

Now, for the current team and this World Cup, I believe Beenhakker is doing his best with the resources he has available. I also believe that the fellas are putting their hearts into it but they are making silly defensive mistakes and their finishing percentage needs to increase. If Stern John had scored that goal in the first half when Czech Republic were leading 1:0, it would have been 1:1 and who knows what would have happened).

Note, I am not a Stern hater. In fact, I adore the the man for his  striking prowess but he misses alot.(Note, Stern John is a striker if you keep on the field for 90 mins and he will score. For crying out loud the man has 66 international goals for this country. I think that is even higher than Steve Davids.)

Now for the fans. People, I like that people are getting behind the team and supporting them. However, you must be realistic and objective. Yes, I believe that we can make second round. However, I believe that the best chance of doing this is by drawing with either Sweden or England and then beating Paraguay. This is possible if TnT plays to the best of their ability. I do believe that it will be very difficult to beat England or Sweden, if they have a bad day, perhaps we can.

Be realistic people, England and Sweden can and may well beat us. I am hoping that we just play to the best of our ability. So to the Waggonists, it does not matter whether we win, lose, draw, as long as we play to the best of our ability and prove ourselves, THAT IS WHAT MATTERS NOT HOW FAR WE REACH IN THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND STOP CRITICISING BEENHAKKER, THE MAN GET WE TO THE WORLD CUP WHEN WE HAD JUST 1 POINT FROM THREE MATCHES, WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED THAT THE MAN IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are just my thoughts for today.

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to International Football
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 06:58:07 PM »
Respectable contribution. Vibes it up.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 07:00:42 PM »
well said,but u know what bothering me,every game we play we making defensive blunders.what is being done about it,is the defense improving

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 07:02:34 PM »
kudos on a well thought out write up

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 08:00:03 PM »
remind us to discuss this
"this World Cup experience is used as foundation to improve the level of our football so when 2010 comes, our team will be even better."

there are some things I would like to discuss on this issue but when that time comes.

1]; } ?>