April 19, 2024, 05:39:56 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Slovenia game.  (Read 62004 times)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Slovenia game.
« Reply #390 on: May 31, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »
Mr. Beenhacker is a genius...experiments were a success...watch de drama come saturday...he's played de 'political' squad for de last 2 games...saturday is a whole different squad/ ball game(remember where all yuh see it 1st) :beermug:

experiment 1. can #14 come back and create for himself if there is no service from de midfield (his two brethrens #19 and #10 in de middle)

experiment 2. can #13 use de hunger that i've deliberately made him build up on de bench to become de team's x factor

experiment 3. can my newest inclusion to the squad come into the game when we're down and have a positive impact

President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
How allyuh could blame Shaka?
« Reply #391 on: May 31, 2006, 11:30:42 PM »
How de hell allyuh could blame Shaka for either of those goals? 

De forkin man was lucky to get a palm on the ball in the 2nd goal, it deflected off a defender in de six.  De fuss goal, no one was saving dat.

De last goal was a good shot, maybe he could have held it but yuh cyar blame him, where was the deforkinfense?  Yorke get shake like ah arse dey!

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2006, 12:20:29 AM »
After all it's only a test...And tests are about making mistakes in order to avoid them in the future  ;)
Seriously: Which team has played excellent test matches without exception? None...
And for the matches against England and Sweden it's better anyway to be underestimated...

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2006, 01:19:33 AM »
I get the part that the defense we played today was a beta version.

This has quietly been my issue since before I started to really make an effort to get "involved".  We do not have someone to put that damn ball in the back of the net every game.  I am not a big Stern fan, not because I don't think he is a good player, but the man is entirely too streaky for my tastes.  When he is hot, he is hot no arse.  When he is not, well you saw today...you can not show up for the biggest games of your life "not sharp".  That much I know from my own history. 

What is lacking in practice why mistakes like this are being made in games.  I did not enjoy this at all.  Does it mean the world cup will be a disaster? Of course not.  Does it mean we need to wake the kcuf up about what we are really going to be facing in 10 days time?

ABSO FRICKING LUTELY.

If this is anything like the Olympics, I can tell u everyone is going to bring the best they have ever brought.  We can't go there and play like this is a glorified PFL. 

And please let us stop talking this BS about England and who we beating because right now we need to be worrrying about things like will we score a goal in the WC...it is staring us in the face and people are confusing patriotism with realism.  It doh mean yuh doh back yuh team, by allmeans but if u running 10.5 u doh talk beating ASAFA or GATLIN.  U worry about getting them tenths off! 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 01:25:15 AM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 01, 2006, 05:48:31 AM »
Hi guys,

Being a Trini living in London, watching the match online and on eurosport this morning was real hard to take. I am surrounded with football, so I know good football from bad. I gonna call it as it is. Not because I not patriotic, but I'm a football realist. If it was Bahrain who qualified and played Wales, and Slovenia and played the way we played, everyone would say (from a footballing perspective), they have no chance! Now I want us to make use of this opportunity and play at the highest level like we mean it. Play with hunger. But we not showing it. Lets face it, we have good players, but not a great team. In football anything is possible, but if we gonna have any success, these guys need to;

1Play with intensity-Cus no team at world cup level play as slow as we do and get far
2.Play with aggression - Birchall the only one, and to an extent Cyd Gray (though he goes OTT sometimes)
3.Play with more organisation and authority on the pitch-Too many guys hiding and getting knock down easily.
4.Be decisive-Too much square ball and not enough direct play. Cut out the unesscessary flambouyant flicks and chips. Simple firm thru passes.
5.Movement, Movement, Movement- And intelligent runs too!
6.Put de ball in the damn net! Stern John, K Jones, Scotty, Latas, Yorke, I dont care who, somebody needs to start putting the ball in the flicking net! Dont think about it, JUST DO IT. Thats why Rooney is no joke!

And if you look at all 6 points, you would realise, all decent European and world teams play that way and get success.

Yes we are a small nation, but we should not accept second best. They represent, Trinidad and Tobago as a nation, the entire Caribbean, and to an extent other 3rd world nations. Its not nice hearing the press talk about "minnows who bring colour to a tournament", then ask "why bother qualify?" after they see us play. Lets show them why we qualified, and play like professionals who have a real desire to win, and not "laid back island folk"!!! Reputations are at stake, and on June 16th I have to go to work in London and face my office mates!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 01, 2006, 06:05:42 AM »
Hi guys,

Being a Trini living in London, watching the match online and on eurosport this morning was real hard to take. I am surrounded with football, so I know good football from bad. I gonna call it as it is. Not because I not patriotic, but I'm a football realist. If it was Bahrain who qualified and played Wales, and Slovenia and played the way we played, everyone would say (from a footballing perspective), they have no chance! Now I want us to make use of this opportunity and play at the highest level like we mean it. Play with hunger. But we not showing it. Lets face it, we have good players, but not a great team. In football anything is possible, but if we gonna have any success, these guys need to;

1Play with intensity-Cus no team at world cup level play as slow as we do and get far
2.Play with aggression - Birchall the only one, and to an extent Cyd Gray (though he goes OTT sometimes)
3.Play with more organisation and authority on the pitch-Too many guys hiding and getting knock down easily.
4.Be decisive-Too much square ball and not enough direct play. Cut out the unesscessary flambouyant flicks and chips. Simple firm thru passes.
6.Put de ball in the damn net! Stern John, K Jones, Scotty, Latas, Yorke, I dont care who, somebody needs to start putting the ball in the flicking net! Dont think about it, JUST DO IT. Thats why Rooney is no joke!

And if you look at all 6 points, you would realise, all decent European and world teams play that way and get success.

Yes we are a small nation, but we should not accept second best. They represent, Trinidad and Tobago as a nation, the entire Caribbean, and to an extent other 3rd world nations. Its not nice hearing the press talk about "minnows who bring colour to a tournament", then ask "why bother qualify?" after they see us play. Lets show them why we qualified, and play like professionals who have a real desire to win, and not "laid back island folk"!!! Reputations are at stake, and on June 16th I have to go to work in London and face my office mates!
So, are you saying all that to say we should withdraw from the tournament ??? Try getting a British passport if you don't already have one. :devil:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:09:22 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 01, 2006, 06:26:10 AM »
Doc,

I doh think that is waht the man implied. The man just sayong that if we intend to play in the World cup with the same intensity that we haveright now..................we aint going to recah far or we in laymans terms..."we arse gonna get wash"

I agree with his points.......You cah be half stepping............Raise the intensity. We are a very laid back team to be honest . Is only when Fire under we tail doh we jump up . Mexico game , Bahrain as good examples. Trinidad have to look at every game as if it is there last...........that is theonly way u gonna be hungry. We playing with the best , we want a good showing

Goals win matches.......bUSS THE frIGGING net :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:30:22 AM by RasIred »

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 01, 2006, 06:41:42 AM »
Hi Doc,

Withdraw!!??? After going through all we did to qualify? If it was possible, thats a stupid suggestion. The point is, Japan came from no where in world football to where they are by getting the basics right. All world teams have a basic standard to attain in order to survive, and all 6 points I mentioned make up those standards in some way or the other.

I dont accept us as Trinidadians just being happy to be there. Even tho thats a great achievement in itself, you still have to justify why you are there. This is for the future of Trinidad football. A good performance raises the profile of our football, offers more opportunities for our boys to get snapped up by better clubs to play in better leagues, and paves the way for our future youngsters. A poor showing does the reverse. And helps fuels the stereotype that small nations should not compete amonst the best!

I remember "Red Day", and November 19th 1989, I was there! I cheered and I cried! I followed Trinidad football in every tournament we competed in, including our Semi-Final loss to Canada in the Gold Cup! And YES I do have a british passport to go along my Trini one! But I use it to further Trinidad in any way I can  ;)  I just dont accept second best from my country when I know we can do a lot better.

Go Warriors! You dont have to win, but perform to make us proud!!!  ;D

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 01, 2006, 07:02:29 AM »
Waggonists showing their true colours here man.

All of a sudden the side is shit? after biggin us up after the past couple games?

All allyuh haters in avery big mess.

D man who say they have better defenders in Trinidad obviously doh watch any local football and/or doesn't have a clue.

Well maybe that is true! I don't watch any local football in Trinidad...but I know this much after watching defenders miss mark opposing strikers on numerous occasions in that blowout. I know for sure of others defender that would do a much better Job on defense. No one is hating my friend people are just starting to see some that there are still some major glitches on our beloved team. We are all still supporting the effort. Weh thee music? :beermug: The way we playing right now thee Laventille Rhythm section alone ent go work nah… they go need thee Lara Brother’s too yes! LOL :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 01, 2006, 07:19:39 AM »
Mr. Beenhacker is a genius...experiments were a success...watch de drama come saturday...he's played de 'political' squad for de last 2 games...saturday is a whole different squad/ ball game(remember where all yuh see it 1st) :beermug:

experiment 1. can #14 come back and create for himself if there is no service from de midfield (his two brethrens #19 and #10 in de middle)

experiment 2. can #13 use de hunger that i've deliberately made him build up on de bench to become de team's x factor

experiment 3. can my newest inclusion to the squad come into the game when we're down and have a positive impact

Yuh talk good dey #8 ... didn't look at it like dat ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: How allyuh could blame Shaka?
« Reply #400 on: June 01, 2006, 10:05:13 AM »

De forkin man was lucky to get a palm on the ball in the 2nd goal, it deflected off a defender in de six.  De fuss goal, no one was saving dat.

De last goal was a good shot, maybe he could have held it but yuh cyar blame him, where was the deforkinfense?  Yorke get shake like ah arse dey!

Yorke had no right to be all the way back there. He needs to be atacking from the mid field period,

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 01, 2006, 10:09:09 AM »
We looked like we need a purge in the back.  Look like the Slovenian had ah gun in he waist for the third goal.  He waltz through the middle and not a single man out of four could get a touch on the ball.  Shaka got two hands to it, but as a goalkeeper, I will be hard on him, given his reach.  If he is not going to hold on to that, then it has to be deflected around the post.  Otherwise, his reload has to be quicker, but he has lost some athleticism  He was not horrible as other men are making him out to be though.  He made some good saves, and really didn't have a chance for the first two goals.  The issue is not really Shaka.  Why Yorke playing in the defence, when we have Sancho and other men.  We don't have a utility man, and Yorke trying to be that man, but it ain't happening.  Our defenders have the biggest deficiency:  they don't track the runner off the ball, and that man is as dangerous as the man on the ball.  We have to learn to pick up the runner.  They still defending like they in secondary school; everybody just being drawn to the ball and no one is picking up the runner.  That is something that good defences are always mindful of--the runner and the man on the weak side.  And what do Fuentes with he adjective "promising".  He need to be objective and stop being a blind patriot.  This is serious business.  SO if we get five from the Czechs, what will his next headline be?

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 01, 2006, 10:47:03 AM »
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE GAME TO DOWNLOAD.

e-man, calling e-man.  ;D  ;D

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 01, 2006, 10:54:13 AM »
OK, I wake up this morning and u know what.  Is not the show yet.  This is pre-show.  Artists will tell u sometimes an awful sound check means you will have a great show.  I myself got dead frickin' last the last Euro race before the Olympics in 2000, so I can't allow what my eyes are seeing to take away from my belief that if this team fires on all cylinders they will be fine. 

I still think they need to be on Stern hard.  You want to be the star boy then play like it.  Those are the rules.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 01, 2006, 10:57:19 AM »
OK, I wake up this morning and u know what.  Is not the show yet.  This is pre-show.  Artists will tell u sometimes an awful sound check means you will have a great show.  I myself got dead frickin' last the last Euro race before the Olympics in 2000, so I can't allow what my eyes are seeing to take away from my belief that if this team fires on all cylinders they will be fine. 

I still think they need to be on Stern hard.  You want to be the star boy then play like it.  Those are the rules.

well said.  I think Saturday is the final dress rehearsal.  We will see the team carded to start on the 10th in this game. 

The fellas pride wounded too.  The Slovakia game was not like the Wales game where the scoreline was not indicative of the game.  We were pounded yesterday. 

Look for a good outing on Saturday for the Warriors man.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 01, 2006, 10:58:52 AM »
And what do Fuentes with he adjective "promising".  He need to be objective and stop being a blind patriot.  This is serious business.  SO if we get five from the Czechs, what will his next headline be?

The man is the team's spin doctor.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 01, 2006, 11:03:50 AM »
Hmmm  ??? but it seem a bit strange that up to now, we aint hear reaction from Beenie or any body really. Just a few recycled match reports

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 01, 2006, 11:08:12 AM »
Hmmm  ??? but it seem a bit strange that up to now, we aint hear reaction from Beenie or any body really. Just a few recycled match reports

Bro, I'm thinking the same thing. It's been 24 hrs now and nothing, nada, zilch. This result in now could have gone down well. I hope there is no panic in the camp. No comments from Neenhakker or any of the senior players, it's a bit worrying. After the Wales game, they all came out and made positive statements.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 01, 2006, 11:17:02 AM »

man pm me and give me some files nuh man .. Ah begging.. put my mind at ease nuh!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 01, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »
Heres a quote from todays "Evening Standard" in London.

"Apart from the 3 goals, we played some good football, especially in the first half" - Dwight Yorke

eh???  ???

Whos the spin doctor, Dwight or Mr. Fuentes??

He Serious???

My only hope is that this silence is as a result of Beenie Man giving them a good tongue lashing in the dressing room after that performance. Give them something serious to think about!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »
See here for Liburd article on quotes from Beenie and Yorke after the game

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=16190.0

Also in this video Yorke commenting about Novakovic's hattrick and some more game highlights

rtsp://helix.rtvslo.si:554/ava/3/39/33/3006215.rm

I'll probably have the 2nd half video by tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 02:38:00 PM by e-man »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2006, 02:43:16 PM »

Also in this video Yorke commenting about Novakovic's hattrick and some more game highlights

e-man, something wrong with the link. I'm getting 'cannot be found'

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #412 on: June 01, 2006, 02:50:46 PM »

That second links is for RealPlayer, copy and paste it into the player

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 01, 2006, 02:54:47 PM »

That second links is for RealPlayer, copy and paste it into the player

Damn it. I have Real Player on my lap top but not internet access. On my work P.C. I have internet access but no admin rights to install Real Player. I'll see if I can download it in my hotel room.

Thanks e-man, you provide a service for warriors that is priceless.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How allyuh could blame Shaka?
« Reply #414 on: June 01, 2006, 07:59:53 PM »

The same way that when Jack made the save against Mexico(away) and pushed the ball to the middle of the goal and they scored on the rebound.

If you can't hold it, punch it far away.
TnT Patriot

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 02, 2006, 10:46:44 AM »
Hi guys,

Hi Doc,

Withdraw!!??? After going through all we did to qualify? If it was possible, thats a stupid suggestion. The point is, Japan came from no where in world football to where they are by getting the basics right. All world teams have a basic standard to attain in order to survive, and all 6 points I mentioned make up those standards in some way or the other.

I dont accept us as Trinidadians just being happy to be there. Even tho thats a great achievement in itself, you still have to justify why you are there. This is for the future of Trinidad football. A good performance raises the profile of our football, offers more opportunities for our boys to get snapped up by better clubs to play in better leagues, and paves the way for our future youngsters. A poor showing does the reverse. And helps fuels the stereotype that small nations should not compete amonst the best!

I remember "Red Day", and November 19th 1989, I was there! I cheered and I cried! I followed Trinidad football in every tournament we competed in, including our Semi-Final loss to Canada in the Gold Cup! And YES I do have a british passport to go along my Trini one! But I use it to further Trinidad in any way I can  ;)  I just dont accept second best from my country when I know we can do a lot better.

Go Warriors! You dont have to win, but perform to make us proud!!!  ;D

Listen pardnah, if yuh doh get it, yuh just doh get it! ;D
I am absolutely delighted that we reach, but unlike you I have no fear of what others might think or say. I fear nothing nor no-one. If we give a good or poor account of ourselves, an HONEST assessment must be made for the way forward.
The future of TT football is still in the hands of the TTFF. A good showing is disireable, but at the end of the day we are where we are and our performance would influence where we begin the next phase. Like it or not! ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 11:10:05 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 02, 2006, 11:30:26 AM »

Listen pardnah, if yuh doh get it, yuh just doh get it! ;D
I am absolutely delighted that we reach, but unlike you I have no fear of what others might think or say. I fear nothing nor no-one. If we give a good or poor account of ourselves, an HONEST assessment must be made for the way forward.
The future of TT football is still in the hands of the TTFF. A good showing is disireable, but at the end of the day we are where we are and our performance would influence where we begin the next phase. Like it or not! ;D

Listen FRIEND, If you satisfied with the way we play at the moment and dont care what people think or who think what about us; Good on YOU! But like most Trini "football" fans, who know the game, I dont just want us to be there, I want us to be at our best. And we have not been at our BEST! And other than pre tournamnent jitters, there is no real excuse for it. This is the big leagues we playing in. I not asking for miracles, I not asking to be like Brazil, I not asking to hammer England 5-0 to be satisfied. Just play football to the the very best of your ability, with no fear. Fight like warriors.  ;D

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #418 on: June 02, 2006, 01:10:05 PM »
Here is the 2nd half of the match that came off the pointalive feed, I had to splice on the 105 radio audio since there was no audio on it.

http://tntingermany.com/video/slovenia-tnt-060531-half2.wmv

sorry no first half

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Slovenia Game
« Reply #419 on: June 03, 2006, 07:01:04 PM »
By chance, anybody put up the Tnt vs Slovenia game for download?

1]; } ?>