June 16, 2024, 01:45:45 AM

Author Topic: Reframing the notion of being a soccer' Minnow'  (Read 1705 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Reframing the notion of being a soccer' Minnow'
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:47:27 AM »
There is a concept that I used and one that has been around since my playing days in Sando; as a matter of fact is was a high school coach in Sando who had our team  in a room with lights off  prior to game; (maybe last period of classes), and we beagn 'VISUALIZING' the game; the plays and the breakdown of different aspects of the game.

Now there is  reality and there is belief but iin most sports as in life it all  starts with the MENTAL approach: the vision; the BELIEF that victory is possible.

Fact Mexico is a formidable opponent.

Panama who some is saying is not a well organized team kept Mexico to a draw

Guatemala did a number on us but lost to Mexico

We tied CR but they lost to Mexico

We lost to the US.A. 2-1; U.S.A. lost to Mexico 2-1

How should we realistically begin  to believe in our abilities rather than in conceding victory to Mexico?

1. Mexico may underestimate a our ablilties  and we  could capatialize on that

2.Mexico is NOT invincible

3.Sometimes the best brings out the best in you

4. TNT is playing each game like a do or die; in other words our players are developing amental approach to handling the pressure.

5. No 'ifs' what is the plan of attack for Mexico?  what are their tendencies? areas of attack and areas of weakness? What did Panama do aganist them? how do we match up in personnel?

6. Each and every individual has to be on top of  his game.

7. The team concept must be emphaized.

8. What types of game did the U.S.A. have aganist Mexico?

9.Our BEST players have to rise to the occassion

10. We will face the adversity of the Mexican Atmosphere; go to battle and let our game decide the final result.

I end with a quotation from Donavan from the U.S.A team:

]"Obviously, all those things are physical factors, but I firmly believe mental strength can overcome those obstacles. I think we're well enough acclimated that we should be fine."

WE NEED TO SEE THE IMMENSE POTENTIAL WE HAVE RATHER THAN WHAT WE ARE  OR WHERE WE ARE AT THIS TIME IN OUR JOURNEY
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:12:13 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Reframing the notion of being a soccer' Minnow'
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 10:05:31 AM »
Alberta I hear you.

I am not a football guru....but who them have like Dog?   Who them have like Yorke? Phyisically we would intimidate the world out a them boys.   Haaaaaaaaaaarrd jam.....an tell them if they comeback it getten worst....learn it in Mexican.  And lastly score your chances mister Stern ALLLLL! of them...because Mexico does score theirs
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 10:46:15 AM »
All I know is Mexico, the U.S. and Costa Rica are not what they used to be and we are now beginning to play to our potential.  All of us are in a turn over stage holding on to vets and blending in some youth with an eye to the future. We easily have the best coach and a few players that have the most stellar reputations in the region. The lil time dat Beenie put in with them has been fruitful. We need a draw in Mexico but Beenie might pull some more tricks out he hat as he knows the oppostion better than anyone else having coached there. No boomkick business in Mexico and we have to drop back and defend we half of de field to a man, play physical and counter attack.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »
All I know is Mexico, the U.S. and Costa Rica are not what they used to be and we are now beginning to play to our potential.  All of us are in a turn over stage holding on to vets and blending in some youth with an eye to the future. We easily have the best coach and a few players that have the most stellar reputations in the region. The lil time dat Beenie put in with them has been fruitful. We need a draw in Mexico but Beenie might pull some more tricks out he hat as he knows the oppostion better than anyone else having coached there. No boomkick business in Mexico and we have to drop back and defend we half of de field to a man, play physical and counter attack.

I agree.....it is good that Beenie man have experience coaching in Mexico.  I hoping for a draw but I expect the coach to have a plan where we could pull off a win.  Even big sides like Argentina and Brazil lose to WCQ against "lesser" oponents.  So who is mexico?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 11:53:23 AM »
Excellent point; any team may be at the mercy  of another given the time, the form and the conditions. Yuh just cyar post  a team 3 pts and save the hassle of playing dem. We go battle over land over sea, in the air and  at any altitute. Bring on the TACOS!!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 03:21:21 PM »
Bring on the TACOS!!!!

I like dat one.   ;D
Dey new name is the Mexican TACOS

1]; } ?>