April 25, 2024, 06:18:07 AM

Author Topic: Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx......XXX  (Read 11902 times)

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx......XXX
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:47:48 PM »
ah opening ah serious topic here....

dis after the session we had in the Chat room at lunch time today....

HIV/ Aids is not the only sexually transitted disease in the world today...they are many more, that are also much more contagious...

The microbes that cause sexually transmitted diseases are equal opportunity bugs. They don't care if you are white or black, rich or poor, educated or illiterate, happy or sad. If you're a warm body, you'll do. Here are a few basic facts everyone should know for his or her own protection:

STDs are easily spread through any person-to-person transfer of bodily fluids such as semen, vaginal secretions, or blood.
When someone has a sexually transmitted disease, anyone who has sex with that person stands a good chance of becoming infected. Thus, having sex with multiple partners carries a greater risk of disease than staying faithful to a spouse or long-term partner. Even a monogamous relationship isn't necessarily risk-free, however, since one partner could be carrying an infection picked up during a prior sexual encounter.

Many sexually transmitted diseases are highly contagious. For example, if a man has gonorrhea, a woman who has sex with him just once stands an 80 to 90 percent chance of getting infected. If the man has gonorrhea plus chlamydia, as frequently happens, the woman could be infected with both diseases at the same time.
Vaginal intercourse is the classic route of STD infection. However, other important routes include anal sex (among men or man-to-woman), oral sex, sexual abuse of children, and mother-to-baby infection during childbirth.

Sexually transmitted diseases weaken the immune system, so a person infected with one STD has a greater risk of acquiring other infections. Unfortunately, recovering from an STD does not make a person immune. Anyone who has had a particular STD is still at risk of getting it again.
Men are more likely to show clear symptoms of STDs. Symptoms in women may not be as obvious, and the problem could be misdiagnosed.
Many women infected with certain types of STDs have no early symptoms at all and may unknowingly infect sexual partner(s).

In the past, gay men have tended to have an above-average rate of infection with STDs. This is largely attributed to promiscuity and may have declined in response to the AIDS epidemic. Additionally, some men are secretly bisexual. If a man picks up an STD from a homosexual encounter, he may then pass the infection on to unsuspecting heterosexual partners.
Lesbians have a lower-than-average risk for STDs, since most sexually acquired diseases are not easily spread from woman to woman.

See the following links:

http://www.epigee.org/guide/stds.html

http://www.cdc.gov/std/default.htm

« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:06:11 AM by kandi_tt »
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:50:19 PM »
like this thread kandii....good links....ppl in tirni really under or misinformed about most stds.  hopefully this thread coudl get some information flowing...if allyuhhave questions ask em..doh fraid..i knwo alot about the,  by trade!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 12:59:40 PM »
We are so focused on aids that we forget the others.
I'm sure all we internet junlies got that email with the pics of the other stds please continue to share this piece of info to the newbiew tell all u can!!!

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »
hmmm....to think only  2 replies and 10 reads....a reflection of our habits and our willingness to remain uninformed and uneducated??

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »
hmmm....to think only  2 replies and 10 reads....a reflection of our habits and our willingness to remain uninformed and uneducated??

kandi...is trini's yuh dealing with ;)..you self...like yuh playing yuh doh know...in order for de viewing and response numbers to go up in this thread...yuh have to change de name to something like 'lots of sex...hmmmmmmmmmm!!','de bess sex related topic EVER'...then man go start jumping een de thread left,right and center ;)...anyways darling thanks for de read and de links.bless. :beermug:

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »
Kandi this is a great thread!...too bad people still think that sex and aids and this kind of thing taboo...me i like to know the facts...and to be honest i know we not living in a safe time at all! people take too many chances with their lives and indirectly they take chances on their partner's life as well...i say we should all know our status...go out and get tested...it really doh take long and it doh hurt!...at least this way you know where you stand...its good to know...really it is
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 06:17:26 PM »
yes #8 and jodie...when i kandii and jah youhth and g warrior were tlkaing about this..de room went from 23 ppl to like 6 with in seconds..trinis are the worse..i eh knwo iof i sacre dem by some facts i give them...or they went to call they padna to ask dem...some questions...for ah inherent "smart" society we still act naive
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline UnWiseSage (aka Jahyute)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 06:33:20 PM »
yes #8 and jodie...when i kandii and jah youhth and g warrior were tlkaing about this..de room went from 23 ppl to like 6 with in seconds..trinis are the worse..i eh knwo iof i sacre dem by some facts i give them...or they went to call they padna to ask dem...some questions...for ah inherent "smart" society we still act naive

ha so true.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 07:12:28 PM »
lord i shoudl rea dmeh posts befor ei put them up..is inherently..not inherent tisk tisk man... :-\

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx......XXX
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 08:07:10 AM »
organic...ah tryint yuh tactic...

at  this post we were at....

8 replies...

44 views...

JUne 7th 10.08am...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 08:11:33 AM »

8 replies...

44 views...

JUne 7th 10.08am...

kandii u want to bet that the views at least go double.. dey go say sex..wayyyyyyyyy wait u go see.. i eh know how much replies. but views will go up expotentially

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 08:47:22 AM »
ah opening ah serious topic here....

dis after the session we had in the Chat room at lunch time today....

HIV/ Aids is not the only sexually transitted disease in the world today...they are many more, that are also much more contagious...

The microbes that cause sexually transmitted diseases are equal opportunity bugs. They don't care if you are white or black, rich or poor, educated or illiterate, happy or sad. If you're a warm body, you'll do. Here are a few basic facts everyone should know for his or her own protection:

STDs are easily spread through any person-to-person transfer of bodily fluids such as semen, vaginal secretions, or blood.
When someone has a sexually transmitted disease, anyone who has sex with that person stands a good chance of becoming infected. Thus, having sex with multiple partners carries a greater risk of disease than staying faithful to a spouse or long-term partner. Even a monogamous relationship isn't necessarily risk-free, however, since one partner could be carrying an infection picked up during a prior sexual encounter.

Many sexually transmitted diseases are highly contagious. For example, if a man has gonorrhea, a woman who has sex with him just once stands an 80 to 90 percent chance of getting infected. If the man has gonorrhea plus chlamydia, as frequently happens, the woman could be infected with both diseases at the same time.
Vaginal intercourse is the classic route of STD infection. However, other important routes include anal sex (among men or man-to-woman), oral sex, sexual abuse of children, and mother-to-baby infection during childbirth.

Sexually transmitted diseases weaken the immune system, so a person infected with one STD has a greater risk of acquiring other infections. Unfortunately, recovering from an STD does not make a person immune. Anyone who has had a particular STD is still at risk of getting it again.
Men are more likely to show clear symptoms of STDs. Symptoms in women may not be as obvious, and the problem could be misdiagnosed.
Many women infected with certain types of STDs have no early symptoms at all and may unknowingly infect sexual partner(s).

In the past, gay men have tended to have an above-average rate of infection with STDs. This is largely attributed to promiscuity and may have declined in response to the AIDS epidemic. Additionally, some men are secretly bisexual. If a man picks up an STD from a homosexual encounter, he may then pass the infection on to unsuspecting heterosexual partners.
Lesbians have a lower-than-average risk for STDs, since most sexually acquired diseases are not easily spread from woman to woman.

See the following links:

http://www.epigee.org/guide/stds.html

http://www.cdc.gov/std/default.htm

While the information presented is widely accepted, I have a couple areas that maybe someone can clarify for me.
1. I am still unconvinced that AIDS is a sexually transmitted disease, largely because of my reading of "dissident sceintists" who indicate that its largely an unproven hypothesis.

2. The way in which sexually transmitted diseases are contracted isn't very clear. When one has an exposure and only has a 80 - 90% chance of contracting it, I am led to believe that that varies with the individual. Does that mean that your "immune health" determines how easily you contract it? ??? Is there a way of maintaining optimum immune health that would permanently render you invulnerable to STDs and other opportunistic infections?  ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 10:49:02 AM »

8 replies...

44 views...

JUne 7th 10.08am...

awe lawse kandi yuh had meh rolling wid de title....especially since I read this yesterday too  ;D

good strategy to get people to read it.... :beermug:

Offline joel275

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 02:47:08 PM »
im just supporting your topic sexy...

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »
Thanks for posting. It was a good read. Hopefully people take a read and we all keep in the backs of our mind while in Germany!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 12:06:40 PM »

well good luck with ur abstaining kandi_tt...
it will be hard...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:59:50 PM by Warrior till death »

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 04:44:14 PM »
be wise condomize

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 04:45:21 PM »
Way to go girl. You can never be too knowledgable

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 10:42:12 PM »
allyuh rmeber this song..eh hem.." the only safe sex is marital sex..tell dem anything else will get vex vex vex" lol.....dat is not even true again the amount of "horning going on". what is to eb done i wonder sometimes. and sometimesi also wonder is geting ah cure for those ailments. will it cause even a larger break down in morality? will mor eftahers leave thier wives and children. isnt some fear keeping at least some level "Acceptable" moraity? let meh know what allyuh think

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 12:13:42 AM »
I just reading allyuh posts
but me ain't commenting....

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 06:17:44 AM »
I just reading allyuh posts
but me ain't commenting....
cana steups eh woman comment nah.u is cana if u eh comment is like de sun eh rising

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 06:38:26 PM »
well i right now in uni doin mircobiology as my degree..so i will eventually have to study such things. So far from the introduction to my degree i have gathered that althought AIDS not as contagios as others it is the most difficlt to find treatment for because of how it's genes work. (won't get too much into the science of it...mostly cuz i still onlly no the basics)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 06:33:49 AM »
 Ah see de subject an say " WHAAAT", like Kandi get ah hot flush, den ah see de lil bit ah replies an realise something ha tuh be different wid dis thread.
 So ah informed an ah lil bit disappointed    ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 06:06:23 PM »
Good topic a lot of people need to be educated especially Trinis.  I hear Trinis say some stuff that don't make any sense when it comes to STDs.  I not surprised at the amount of replies, u will only get plenty replies if yuh mention Alvin Corneal, Beenhakker, Latas and Jack Warner in yuh post.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 08:26:11 AM »
now people ah does read plenty...like ah does always say information/knowlegde is power...so ah thought ah was well informed but i once attended a corporate session conducted by a male nurse from the Queens Park Clinic...and lemme tell u it was INCREDIBLY DISTURBING....not only for me ( i was the youngest there at the ripe lil age of 23) but for all the other men and women...we had people throwing up in that session....

forget HIV people....that is the least ah allyuh worries......

1]; } ?>