March 28, 2024, 03:11:18 PM

Author Topic: Post A Positive Inspirational VIBES POSTINGS ONLY for Player/Team  (Read 19685 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Ok here is the chance to address a single player or the whole team. Remember in this post, we going for POSITIVE VIBES ONLY; forget about shortcommings, or hole in tire; leh we just focus on giving them men some positive vibes, Be it  reflections or quotations, their game  stats of times of glory or  great things they have accomplished or are presently doing. All these postings should be dedicated to pulling out POSITIVE VIBES!!! . We want postings man could read during training and prior to the game; we want posting that man could  put up in locker room or read before game. I know for some people it is easier to be critical than to be correct. I never came close to wearing a national uniform nor do I profess to have all the skills to be in a league with anyone of those players; my passion as a TNT national is to see the team through to Germany by any means necessary. I think the time has come for a refocusing of how we prepare mentally for the ensuing games.

ok so here we go; my first posting is to the team.

Dear Team Warriors:

I say August 17 is a good time tuh done all them scoreless streaks!!!!!!!!!

Somebody check  this stats: How do we play when "our backs are up to the wall?" That would mean defining which games constitute a"Must" win. Let's see. After the Guatemala game, we had a good showing aganist Costa Rica; follow that with a good game aganist Panama; Mexico we hold our own. The GC we had moments aganist formidable oponents. Defense looked good Birchall big goal and outstanding saves from Jack. You know we had endless opportunities to score.

Going on by this:   "Concentration -- the ability “to focus one’s attention on the task at hand and thereby not be disturbed or affected by irrelevant external and internal stimuli” (Schmid & Peper, 1993). " I would say that, no player intentionally walks out on a field and says, today I want to look bad, today I don't feel like scoring. You know there is so much at stake, that concentration on the task should be very high. You playing in the USA aganist the USA. You eh want tuh embarass yuhself nor the team nor the country.  In a very hypothetical sense the USA players are also bringing that heighten sense of concentration: they dont want to lose to ( what they call we: "minnows") TNT at home; they just won the GC; they sitting good in the hex; they have the confidence. Having said this, the "ball is round" and the game  is 90 mins long!!!!!!

The USA does not have a DIVINE right to victory nor are they invincible!!!!! Yes there are mitigating factors, we will accept that but if we could renew our 'touches' or Self-efficacy -- one’s belief about his or her ability to perform a certain task.   That is all palyers from the back tuh the forward; and if each man's task is good enough to counter the task of the USA then each player should have a BIG =Performance -- “The observable attempt of an individual to produce a voluntary action” (score a goal in soccer,) (Shea, Fall 2000).

The focus team is not on who we are playing but on the game each and every player will be executing on the field. Heightened arousal; heightened focus on the task and heightened awareness of every action should be at the forefront.

Reflections:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=1662.msg10361#msg10361

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=2180.msg14636#msg14636

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."    Martin Luther Jr.

"I have learned that success is to be measured not so
much by the position that one has reached in life as by
the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed."

- Booker T. Washington (1856-1915) US educator, social reformer

Let's not hope for the USA to  stand and feel a sense of comfort ; feel complacent;  underestimate US and lapse in focus, rather let's see the obstacles and work in ways to overcome them. WE SHALL OVERCOME!!!!!  GO WARRIORS GO
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 08:08:14 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aug17th: Positive Vibes ONLY!!!! For each Player and Team to READ
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 09:13:18 AM »
Every streak have to come to an end. Let the US streak of dominance over us END On Wednesday 17th August 2005 at 8:00pm.

All who making the trip let's hope we can make history. The shot that rocked the US.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aug17th: Positive Vibes ONLY!!!! For each Player and Team to READ
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 09:23:35 AM »
Well AlbertaTrini I must say I am impressed with your citations... Oh here I don't think I've seen someone who cited stuff in MLA/APA style :D

All I have to say is buss the blasted net fellas and leave dem yunkyz brookup, badly bruised and bandaged (Trinimassive, 2005).

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 17th: Positive Vibes ONLY Personal messages to each Player/Team
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 10:40:53 AM »
Fellas this team can be beaten but you have to believe you can.....panama nearly beat this team , honduras had this team to kill the thing is they wont give up so neother should you take it to them....take it to them and break them ....you can do it ....maximum support

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 11:26:45 AM »
Dear Chris Birchall,

Major props on opting to represent TNT. To have an opportunity to play at an international level is truly amazing for any player. It must be some feat to come from England and to be in the spotlight in the Caribbean.

You have accomplish much in your career in Port Vale and now becuse of the opportunty you have, many people have now heard of you and know about you. Your goal in the G.C. has provided  recognition, and inspiration to many. You have young players in Trinidad now wanting to be like you. What an idol; to think right there in a land of your roots, you are contributing to a national dream, national effort and national pride. To think we have nationals (Z ans L) who were born in TNT and playing in England who have not taken the opportunity to accomplish what you have for TNT is a tribute to your character.

All the best ; leave everything and draw upon all you have aganist the USA. replay that goal you score and reporduce that shot aganist the USA. Shoot more from out dey Yuh have Bullet!!!! Rock one in K 's Arse. This will be a defining moment in your career. Dare tuh dream; make 'mum' proud.

P.S. say hello to mummy fuh meh
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 11:34:51 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 11:40:27 AM »
Dear Stern,
I am POSITIVE that you must bench in this game for the good of the team and the nation.

Positively yours,
Arrow

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 11:46:22 AM »
Dear Arrow,

Oh gosh ahahahah oh gosh man yuh know what  mammy use tuh say " if yuh eh have nothing nice tuh say then................"

Leh we use this THREAD  tuh  help not to put down man nah. Let them man at least click on one THREAD and hear positive vibes.

Respectfully

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 11:59:46 AM »
Dear Stern,
I am POSITIVE that you must bench in this game for the good of the team and the nation.

Positively yours,
Arrow

lol yuh ass lol

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 17 POST ONLY Positive Vibes!! Personal messages to Player/Team
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 03:48:48 PM »
positive vibes...das wha ah mean...GOD BLESS TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 05:44:03 PM »
 "me mum" was right or what " if yuh cyar find nothing positive tuh say......."

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 09:35:13 PM »
Dear Marvin,
 You is a man of God; you know things happen for a reason. I know you will prevail. You have shown that resilency, determination, dedication and loyality to the cause. The team has come to look up to you for faith. hope and the epitome of commitment.

When God is with you , who could do you wrong? Mr. Andrews this is the game you need to have a pray with the men  prior to game time and let  like David take down Goliath.

Keep the faith

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 05:04:52 AM »
Stern John, is due time,,, pong one in nah, get yuh lazy ass up and do some work to.....

Big up T&T.......
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 05:10:41 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 09:33:05 AM »
Carlos ah hope yuh match fit; we need yuh expertise.

Dennis,
Man you have continued to prove people wrong; your leadership, your willingness to always answer the call for TNT goes way back. I recalled your WCQ game in Edmonton Canada years ago. From all reports, yuh holding the defense core together. In my estimation you and Marving are the GENERALS in the back line. Leh Yorke handle the Front.

Keep taking them runs forward and  if yuh get a header aganist the USA take it. Look when yuh think about it , you have more experience than the transplanted Nigerian they have dey; he only 23. Tiem to school these youngmen on the USA team. Get  rid of their arrogance with your play.

Spann,
Man this is your time to  take charge of the midfield. Time to reignite the magic of Leroy!!!! You have the skills, the aptitute and the  form to play with them yankees. You could be playing with anyone of them men on par. Take them on and work that midfield.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 10:29:44 AM by Tallman »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 17 POST ONLY Personal Positive Vibes!! to Player/Team
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 10:34:29 AM »
come nah leh we keep this post going till Aug17 nah. Why man find it so hard to find a positive thing tuh say about these players?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 08:14:49 AM »
In reading about  the misfortunes of alleged injuries to Edwards ad Andrews, one may think that this is reason for despondency, but I believe that this is an opportune for players to collctively rally together to get the work done. Young Charles should come to the forefront, and I believe we have Anton Pierre, who did not make this squad at home.

These are once more the early obstacles from which we shall overcome. When faced with adversary, we must rise to the occassion. For so many reasons this team has to begin rallying around the cause at this juncture.
Ironically, it was the USA  the first game of round one; now we starting the second round under a new coach. TIME FOR REDEMPTION.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 08:27:02 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 05:44:25 PM »
We do not succeed in changing things according to our desire,
but gradually our desire changes.  The situation that we hoped
to change because it was intolerable becomes unimportant.
We have not managed to surmount the obstacle, as we were
absolutely determined to do, but life has taken us round it,
led us past it, and then if we turn round to gaze at the remote past,
we can barely catch sight of it, so imperceptible has it become.

Marcel Proust

People of character find a special attractiveness in difficulty,
since it is only by coming to grips with difficulty
that they can realize their potentialities.

Charles
DeGaulle

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 03:35:13 AM »
Nice idea alberta!! keep de positive vybes flowing.  Good luck to the Trinidad and Tobago national football team.  Go make us proud guys! Go to your destiny! (which is de world cup of course).

guys at de back: Keep it tight! communicate at all times, give them little room

guys in de middle: keep it flowing, run into open spaces, give each other passsing options

guys at de front: buss de f*cking net!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah love it!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 07:49:53 AM »
For the team: Marvin could lead this discussion.

An Exposition of Psalm 23

By: Greg Herrick Th.M., Ph.D.

"We live in a world in which many, if not most, people are engulfed with fear and anxiety. Some fear the future; they’re anxious about what’s going to happen. Others fear the past and they’re anxious about what has happened. And still others fear even the present, anxiety has gripped their souls and they cannot imagine how they can cope with the ugliness of present circumstances in their lives. Thousands of people each day wake up with untold burdens to bear and anxiety with which they must deal. Are you one of these? Bearing secretly a heavy burden?"

Have no fear, the creator is with us.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Positive Inspirational VIBES POSTINGS ONLY for Player/Team
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 01:50:10 PM »
A posse need to walk with steelpan, some iron section and some drums to give the Warriors some authentic Trini vibes and support on Wednesday at the stadium!

Who up to the task, put up yuh hand!!   

We also need d Blind Supporters Club in dark shaders to represent, Palos will direct you to d section where d BSC members liming for d game!  8)

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 01:54:05 PM »
Aye yuh racsis ole fashion bitch.... (steelpan, some iron section and some drums)...

No Tassa.... it have indians and other races in T&T also to yuh know,,,, I have some full blooded indians in meh family, we are all Trinis....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 02:00:12 PM »
Okay walk then with some tassa drums and represent yuh curry ass people nah! And mind how yuh talk, I have Indian family too in T&T!  ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 02:07:02 PM »
Since August 17th is de 118th earthday of de Honourable Marcus Mosiah Garvey, I think dat it is only fitting dat I leave you some inspirational quotes from dis inspirational man:

"There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation."

"If you have no confidence in self you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence you have won even before you have started."

Up you Mighty Warriors, accomplish what you will !!!
[/size]
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 02:08:06 PM »
dam sam how you take that so offensive boy the man just say to bring something to make noise and support we boys.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 02:20:15 PM »
Doh worry bout Sam, he is mixed-up, I have him sussed longtime!!
In fact nothing Sam says offends me, is like water off a duck's back.
Regardless of what he says we are still blood Trinis to end like the horror movie Chucky!!  ;D

He is half African and half Indian and sometimes it leads to him being over-sensitive and confused believing that most things are being said or done with a racist agenda!!

We need people Sam to keep the real racists wherever they are on their toes but it will help if he correctly identifies who the real racists are before hanging innocent people!  8)

Offline Trinitalian

• Die Hard Warrior
  • New Warrior
  • What if he scored!
    • View Profile
Long time I eh write something but my support never waiver!
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 04:11:28 PM »
Fellaz,
This game is not to seek a draw because I believe the US doh have anything we cyar match up against and better.But it will not be easy. Leh we play hard,smart and communicate. I have a strange feeling we go see a Stern John winner. Doh mind if I were Beenie I would bench "Bound to Score". But football is dat kinda sport - from Goat to Glory.
I think the key to this game is team selection. The starting team against Mexico would do it for me with Jones for S.John,Samuel for Theobald and Spann for Carlos(injured). This team cannot lose to the US - guaranteed.
But Beenie is the man who knows best and I believe in him.
Go Warriors!!!
 P.S. - we qualifying with one game in hand!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 07:18:55 PM »
This one is fuh the Coach: Mr Beenhakker, one tuh read fuh the  team before curfew:

Mt 10:26-33

Jesus said to the Twelve: Now you say it to the 18 Warriors!!!!!
"Fear no one."

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 09:18:18 PM »
Good Luck fellas. hey we all stilll believe we can do it. We all want it but u all have to believe and u have to play as if u want to reach Germany.

Stern prove men & women  :) wrong. Get your but off the grass and score. Yeah I know u always hearing and reading the negatives put if u starting on Wednesday put the ball in the back of the net and hush we mouth.

And fellas doh give up FIGHT TO THE END THAT IS WHAT WARRIORS DO.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2005, 08:06:20 AM »
This is my words of inspiration and positive support for my warriors and allyuh could sing it with me tomorrow   ;D

RUN DEM ROUND
TNT RUN DEM ROUND
RUN DEM ROUND
TNT RUN DEM ROUND

WE DOH CARE WHAT NOBODY SAY
PLAY BOYS PLAY
WITH A PIECE A ROPE
AND A MANGO SEED
WE GO FVCK UP DE GOALIE     ;D

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2005, 08:14:18 AM »
Is the words to dat song really mango seed?  I always thought it was mango tree.  Mango seed ent making sense to me, can someone explain?

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 08:17:23 AM »
THE SENSE BEHIND MANGO SEED IS TO MAKE THE HUNGRY GOALIE CHASE THE MANGO SEED AND NOT THE BALL....AT LEAST THATS HOW I UNDERSTOOD IT BECAUSE WE ALWAYS SAID MANGO SEED NOT MANGO TREE

1]; } ?>